Unacceptable!!! Apologies Are Due!!! Insulting Minorities Is NOT OKAY!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by JPeg87
Gungans because <average geek joke here> !!
Something worth debating over, because <average geek joke here> !!> !!
Originally posted by Darth Trytavius
DIE TO EVERYBODY WHO DIDN'T UNDERTAND THAT I'M SAYED AFTER ROTJ!!!!!!!!!
mad mad mad mad mad
Anakin and Obi-Wan can't lift shit, so they won't lift that Rock Guy very high.

F4 Wins.

Anakin and Obi-Wan can't control shit, so they will get hit by that Flame Dude.

F4 Wins.

Anakin and Obi-Wan will cut that Elastic Dude in one shot.

Jedis Wins.

Anakin and Obi-Wan are homosexual*, so fighting Jessica Alba won't be a problem for them.

*Obi-Wan does say: "I loved you Anakin!"

Jedis Wins.

Tie.
awww.... you mad because Neo > Anakin ? And you sad because i disturbed the meaning of your life? well im not sorry.

p.s.: f4 stil wins
For pennies a day, you can help stop the stupidity...

These are a few examples of the kind of inappropriate nonsense that has sprouted up recently.

Perhaps I'm wrong - I have written several threads that were perhaps not of top quality - however, I am going to assume that I'm not and continue with my thought. As always, it is never to late for redemption, and it is quite possible that I have misjudged the character of these people. However, assuming I'm right, this type of thing is completely unacceptable and inappropriate. It has NO PLACE on this kind of discussion board. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously. Maybe you don't need this board - fine! Then leave! The immature banter and lack of lucidity in these messages is utterly unacceptable! ESPECIALLY UNACCEPTABLE IS THE USE OF GAY-BASHING AND SLURRING!!! THIS IS NOT OKAY, AND IF YOU THINK IT IS THEN YOU ARE MORE OBTUSE THAN I CAN EXPLAIN IN WORDS!! Thus, I would like - no, I DEMAND an apology for the utter insensitivity of some of the people here! I'm sorry if I seem to be taking this too seriously but it simply is OVER THE TOP!! At least introduce yourself before you disseminate disgusting comments and cruel statements all over the place. Give an apology. NOW.

I don't lose my temper too often, but you must understand that taunting people and insulting minorities is filthy and - well, I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable.

Kiu Dun
No, you judged them right. Mocking geeks anytime is a big offense since mocking geeks is like mocking black people; It will come back to haunt you.

Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I know these guys probably said what they said to get to people, but the line just has to be drawn somewhere. I really think that some of these dudes have to either own up or face ostracism.
I really appreciate the support though - thanks for sticking up for me, man. I like everyone here, for the most part, a great deal. Everyone's been pretty tolerant and helpful - you're one of the big helps, along with Jabar, Jack, Habeo, Janus, Glentract - the list goes on.

I just don't want to take crap like that...

Darth L. Dipsit
Actually, I'm really sorry to everyone - I shouldn't have been so serious. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please, everyone who views this, accept my humble apologies. I just hope we can move on past this and put it behind us. I really didn't mean to be such a hothead - honest. I was just really offended. However, I do stand by the idea that people should at least introduce themselves formally in a thread before running amok in this forum.

Yet again, I should never have been so nearsighted and ignorant. Please forgive my blatant disregard for common public decency, and please don't blast me with disspics - I did not mean to upset anyone.

Human Vader
dont appoligize dude, you did the right thing

Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks, dude. I really, wholeheartedly, am thankful for the help.

Human Vader
no prob, youre a cool guy
maybe the thing about geeks isnt that big of a deal. i mean pretty much everyone on this forum is a geek including that guy, whether they admit it or not, i mean theyre on a starwars forum for gods sake. but the gay stuff and any racial that might go on isnt cool.

Darth L. Dipsit
I'm glad that you agree. I hope that we can have other discussions about Star Wars related things - I have read other posts of yours and they were all really valid and correct, in my opinion. I wonder if anyone else will notice this thread, though. Janus and Jack might kick my ass with their pictures of righteousness for looking like a jerk in front of everyone. I was just really offended at the time by the stuff flying around, especially the taunting, insults, and gay-bashing. I mean, there are some posts that have pics that say "You're Gay" but they are different due to the figurativeness of the context. This guy was just going off the hook.

Darth Mantis
Okay thats it, dammit get back to the versus...

Darth_Nefarus
Oh come on what's wrong with making fun of **** and crackers?
Note, this is all a joke

Darth_Janus
Mantis is gonna earn the nickname Darth Grumpy for his "Back on target" posts. lol...

Dip, you're right. It's pretty unreasonable. I'm not the shimmering example of maturity here, but when the line is crossed, even I'll note that much.

Now, Trytavius has half a brain. And that half doesn't comprehend English well enough to know his actions irk us on a level only mothers in law and slow traffic can reach. JPeg87 is a Star Wars basher and should keep his ass over in his own part of the black to so the crap he speaks doesn't dribble on our beloved versus forum. It's understandable to be irked and to want to say something about it. Hell, I tear into people all the time. But you have the idea of this place better than most of us. The idea here is civility and fun. Those must go hand in hand, and we should watch ourselves better in the future.

For what it's worth, thanks for being a levelheaded and thoughtful person. You're one of the few.

Fishy
What Janus said, but I actually have to say I like what you did here and an apology is not in order. You are right and if you are annoyed you have the right to show it, although it might have been better if you would have done it threw PM's. But who cares about that

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I know these guys probably said what they said to get to people, but the line just has to be drawn somewhere. I really think that some of these dudes have to either own up or face ostracism.
I really appreciate the support though - thanks for sticking up for me, man. I like everyone here, for the most part, a great deal. Everyone's been pretty tolerant and helpful - you're one of the big helps, along with Jabar, Jack, Habeo, Janus, Glentract - the list goes on.

I just don't want to take crap like that...

ME TOO.....lol

Kun-ni Habeo
ure right man,,i agree with u

Otaku_Sith
Jep but i do agree with Fishy,if you're annoyed you DO have the right to show it,but don't just go of insulting that person cuz that can hurt his feelings badly and that can make the whole situation worse.And another thing if you get called a geek,nerd or something just think of that the dude saying that is probably a geek himself,i mean he's on a SW forum.And if you get insulted don't take it to seriously(no offense)

Fishy
Originally posted by Otaku_Sith
Jep but i do agree with Fishy,if you're annoyed you DO have the right to show it,but don't just go of insulting that person cuz that can hurt his feelings badly and that can make the whole situation worse.And another thing if you get called a geek,nerd or something just think of that the dude saying that is probably a geek himself,i mean he's on a SW forum.And if you get insulted don't take it to seriously(no offense)

In this case nobody should care if the people get insulted.. Besides its probably hard to get insulted without a brain

Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks guys. I'll try to keep my cool and take things more lightly here - I guess I just should have taken this whole thing with grain of salt. Just want to let you know I appreciate the guidance. By the way, no offense was taken Otaku - you don't have to feel the need to apologize for letting me know that I took things too far. You are completely right, and I hope your opinion of me does not decrease as a result of this thread.

WindDancer
This has nothing to do with Star Wars versus forum.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.