Silver Surfer vs. Superman/Green Lantern/Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
Can teh almighty SS take down these three goons?

Quick Freeze
no

Cosmic Cube
It will turn into GL vs Surfer. Superman and Doomsday are non-factors.

Dizzle
I suppose you could call a speedblitz... I'd be inclined to say the 3 rather than the 1... Though Surfer could transmute the ground under Doomsday to trap him, drain Supes, then beat on GL. Though if its Hal we're talkin here, the added pain in the butt from Supes and DD would make them to much for Surfer.

If its anyone but Hal, I'd go for Surfer, unless he plays it stupid. Shootin to kill, he can take out Superman and Doomsday really quick, and the GL not long after that.

Scoobless
can Surfer really drain Superman?.... i know it gets said a lot around this forum but is it feasible?........ once Superman absorbs solar radiation it is transformed by his body and stored the same way we get energy from food, or plants get energy from the sun..... he doesn't have a mass of solar radiation inside him so how can the Surfer drain him?

Dizzle
Really... How does Supes' force field thing work then? That might be absorbable, making him vulnerable... Or Surfer could just blast him repeatedly and wear him down the old fashioned way. And DD wouldn't be a factor here, as he can't fly and all that. And any GL barring Hal is way too weak to compete with SS anyway... So I'm stickin with my statement, whether draining stuff works or not.

jrodslam
Team wins.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Scoobless
can Surfer really drain Superman?.... i know it gets said a lot around this forum but is it feasible?........ once Superman absorbs solar radiation it is transformed by his body and stored the same way we get energy from food, or plants get energy from the sun..... he doesn't have a mass of solar radiation inside him so how can the Surfer drain him?

Triumph did it.

Avalonofthewind
Team wins this one.

Doomsday alone would be a lot of trouble for surfer.

Xplosive
SS lose.

illadelph12
I'm not so sure. If the three are out for blood and Surfer is forced to use extreme measures, I'd take Surfer.

Absorbing Supes energy is not Surfer's only option, with his cosmic awareness (energy perception) he can emit kryptonite radiation and kill him (just as he could Gladiator) or he can emit an EMP-esque pulse to shut off his bio matrix force field, then vaporize the vulnerable powerless Kent.

Doomsday wouldn't be too difficult. I don't think Doomsday has been killed by the Power Cosmic before, a full blast would kill him for the time being, and now that Doomsday is sentient, he'd fear Surfer afterwards.

As for GL, even if it's Hal, I'd take Surfer. Surfer's not lacking in the will department himself, especially when provoked (read "The Enslavers" hard cover for an example). His problem is more of the fact he's a pacifist and feels guilty for the billions of lives he's taken rather than his powers. He'd rather take the peaceful route than kill.

All that said, if Surfer doesn't shoot to kill, he'd die. Given his personality, that is a possibility, but I don't think the 3 could take him down before he realized it was his life or theirs and he used lethal force.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Triumph did it.

really?... cool.... who'sTriumph?... lol

Scoobless
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Team wins this one.

Doomsday alone would be a lot of trouble for surfer.

Doomsday would be the least trouble in this match up.... because he can't fly he's never going to be a threat to the Surfer

kgkg

Avalonofthewind
Doomsday would be the least trouble in this match up.... because he can't fly he's never going to be a threat to the Surfer

Very true, but since it's a 4 way battle, and he is the only one who can't fly... Im assuming this takes place on the ground otherwise, there is no fight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Very true, but since it's a 4 way battle, and he is the only one who can't fly... Im assuming this takes place on the ground otherwise, there is no fight.

Surfer hardly ever fights on the ground... he's always on his board

i suppose the GL could levitate Doomsday to attack Surfer

Xplosive
Originally posted by kgkg

Gladiator can take Superman, or DD

Yes, he can, but he could also take SS, if SS wouldn't be able to use his radiation (but still not sure), but I am sure SS knows that he would have trouble with Gladiator.

whirlysplat
I have a problem though with all Superman v threads, Kal el is both Superman and Superman Prime. Superman is Superman prime. We are always supposed to take a character at there top level. Superman is Kal el, Superman Prime is the most powerful we have seen Kal el. Superman and Superman prime are the same character, Superman.

So Superman should almost always win

illadelph12
I see what your saying Whirly, but using that train of thought we shouldn't use Surfer we should use The Keeper, and we shouldn't use Hulk, we should use Maestro. Each of these characters has a future, more powerful incarnation. More times than not people are referring to the current version, not the future alternate.

Either way, Surfer would still win one on one though.

Supes is still solar powered.

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by illadelph12
I see what your saying Whirly, but using that train of thought we shouldn't use Surfer we should use The Keeper, and we shouldn't use Hulk, we should use Maestro. Each of these characters has a future, more powerful incarnation. More times than not people are referring to the current version, not the future alternate.

Either way, Surfer would still win one on one though.

Supes is still solar powered.

illadelph12
This is what I replied to. Did I miss one of your posts?

Keeper is the Silver Surfer.

Maestro is the Hulk.

Only from the future, just as Superman Prime is Superman, only he's Superman in the 853+ Century, not current Superman.

In the 853+ Century, Surfer would have already become The Keeper, which is Surfer with the Power Cosmic and the Quantam Bands. I think that kinda trumps 15,000 years of solar power and a GL Ring. If you want to use the most powerful Supes, use the most powerful Surfer., that's all I'm saying.

whirlysplat
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343988&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by illadelph12
This is what I replied to. Did I miss one of your posts?

Keeper is the Silver Surfer.

Maestro is the Hulk.

Only from the future, just as Superman Prime is Superman, only he's Superman in the 853+ Century, not current Superman.

In the 853+ Century, Surfer would have already become The Keeper, which is Surfer with the Power Cosmic and the Quantam Bands. I think that kinda trumps 15,000 years of solar power and a GL Ring. If you want to use the most powerful Supes, use the most powerful Surfer., that's all I'm saying.

illadelph12
It's all good whirly.

Tormentor_2004
tie.
1) you ppl make sense and are reasonable
2) SS is way too good and the other team is way too much

whirlysplat
Cool Debate People

Cosmic Cube
really?... cool.... who'sTriumph?... lol

A JLA member who can manipulate radiation, that turned on the team. Superman "metabolizing" solar energy is a forum myth. It sure looked like sunlight when Triumph sucked it out of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.