Mace vs Palps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShotgunWes
Was anyone else a little let down from that duel?
It seemed really too slow, like even slower than Obi vs Vader in a New Hope.

Darth_Nefarus
I thought it had a good pace, but I think because of the way Mace kicked Palps down, everyone assumed that Mace was better. Not so, he was merely setting Anakin up and they didn't show that well enough.

Mist
i still think mace owned palp while they were fighting. palps would have been lying when he was on the floor, but i doubt he was faking during the saber fight.

the only thing i didnt like was the fact we couldnt see a damn thing what they were doing from the zooming in.

ps. theres a few other threads on this topic wink

Darth_Nefarus
I don't think Mace owned him. Palps knew that Anakin was going to come to his rescue, so he just didn't fight as hard as he did with Yoda. Yoda he was trying to kill, but Yoda is too smart

astrofan428
Originally posted by Mist
the only thing i didnt like was the fact we couldnt see a damn thing what they were doing from the zooming in.

Yeah hate to say it but Ian looked like an ass when he was holding a lightsaber. Though he looked fine against Yoda, I guess those exagerated expressions fit his Emperor face better than his real face.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I don't think Mace owned him. Palps knew that Anakin was going to come to his rescue, so he just didn't fight as hard as he did with Yoda. Yoda he was trying to kill, but Yoda is too smart

No, I think that Mace really was more powerful than Palpatine anticipated. That scene really showed how powerful Mace was, I thought it was excellent.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree, Palps underestimated Mace, but at the same time, wasn't worried if he lost because he had Vader ready to show up

Morgoths_Wrath

((The_Anomaly))
i dont know what people mean when they say "it was too slow, like battles from the OT"

this is my second fav duel of all the duels. it was amazing, i love palps style...

'The Duel' was the best
Mace vs Palps was next
after that I'd have to say the Duel of Fates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.