General Grievous? meh…

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Darth_Nefarus
I think that the whole coughing thing was retarded, I don't see why that was needed. But I like him alright. It would have been better if it had showed him killing some Jedi, instead of Obi-Wan schooling him.

astrofan428
If you watched the clone wars you could see he used to be a badass, but Mace crushed his chest giving him the coughing problem.

Darth_Nefarus
good point, I forgot about that. Okay, cough aside, he still should have smoked some Jedi on screen

Mist
he served his purpose....he was just a general of the droid army. the republic had to get rid of him, so they did. he was pretty cool with 4 sabers though.

Vanquish
Ya the build up on him was that he was some bad ass jedi slayer that could basically give anyone a good fight. Turns out, he kind of sucked. He is supposed to be a killer in saber combat, but Obi took his hands easily. He got owned by obi's force push into the wall also. He fled like a ***** mid way through the duel which was lame. I was totally let down by that duel actually. Obi kicked his ass badly.

astrofan428
Anoter purpose he served was to make Kenobi look good before having to beat Skywalker.

Darth_Nefarus
I thought the battle overall was good, but Grievous should have done more with his sabers, like actually hitting Obi-Wan barely with one, then blaster time.

Anakin2Vader
I liked him...liked the coughing liked the raptor like walk... liked everything about him.... except they went for too much in the duel... he should have started with just two sabers so they could give us some good footage of them fighting but instead they went directly to four sabers which is impossible to show 4 vs 1 on screen so it was just a mash up of close up shot that never gave you a good impression of a duel taking palce... i was disapointed in that for sure... but the charachter i liked

And as for him being a coward... he kinda has to be... because if he was as bad ass as his "droid self" was he would have been unstopable

Spectr4L
Originally posted by Anakin2Vader
I liked him...liked the coughing liked the raptor like walk... liked everything about him.... except they went for too much in the duel... he should have started with just two sabers so they could give us some good footage of them fighting but instead they went directly to four sabers which is impossible to show 4 vs 1 on screen so it was just a mash up of close up shot that never gave you a good impression of a duel taking palce... i was disapointed in that for sure... but the charachter i liked

And as for him being a coward... he kinda has to be... because if he was as bad ass as his "droid self" was he would have been unstopable
Hehe...I agree on all accounts. wink

redux
Ok, so I don't remember him from ep. ii, somebody help me out with that please.

I thought Gen Greivous was like a nice try by Palpatine, but didn't quite get it right until he made Vader, so it was like Grievous was the test dummy or something. Could be totally off...I can't remember him from the second movie so maybe someone could set me straight.

DeVi| D0do
No. Grievous was not a Vader prototype... He was the leader of the droid army. Dooku trained him in the Jedi arts. But he was not a Jedi, which is why Obi Wan took him out so easily.

His character I felt was cheap. And unneeded. The four-saber fight was stupid but I did like the hand-to-hand fight and how Obi Wan uses a blaster to take him out.

He's really just the Darth Maul of Episode III. As in hes just in it for kicks...

astrofan428
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
He's really just the Darth Maul of Episode III. As in hes just in it for kicks...

Yeah, but I dont see him getting the rabid obsessive bordering pyschotic following. I see GG somewhere in the middle between the extremes of Jar Jar and Darth Maul.

Darth Lego
Originally posted by redux
Ok, so I don't remember him from ep. ii, somebody help me out with that please.
i think they mean the clone wars mini series that aired on cartoon network, not episode II. i didnt see much of it, but Greivous might be in it.

ickeris2003
GG is a cool character but I did enjoy him in the movie. But its true about the part his chest being crushed, he isnt the same as he used to be. But i liked it when the four lightsabers came out. brilliant just bloody brilliant

Lord Mader
I told you guys he was weak........

ShadowKing
For those who did not know:

GG was introduced in the last episode of the first Clone Wars cartoon series (now on DVD and on HS).

You don't see him at first as a number of Jedi including Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, and some Padawans are trapped in the burnt out hulk of a Republic Battle Cruiser. Apparently a great battle had taken place and the Republic forces were defeated soundly by the Droid army under the command of General Grievous.

As the Jedi gather together, they are surrounded on all sides by super battle droids and they hear the voice of Grievous congratulating them on their skills and offering them a warrior's death. Then you hear mechanical footsteps, low and metallic slowly approach the Jedi's hidden position. A human Padawan, to Kid-Adi's dismay, loses his cool and rushes out to battle, screaming...lightsaber raised.

As soon as he exits the Jedi sanctuary, he is literally stomped into the ground by Grievous who had jumped down from an unseen site on the ship's hull.

Ki-Adi and the others gather in a defensive circle perimeter and are surprised by GG who had been clinging to the ceiling above them. He ignites his two lightsabers and attacks all of them, spinning his body like a top at one point, and his hands like fan blades at another (similar to the way it was done in ROTS). His unorthodox fighting style and mechanical speed force the Jedi to stay out of his offensive reach. One alien Jedi is fooled when GG lets go of one saber in mid-air only to grab it and cut him down. Ki-Adi's padawan is grabbed by the face by GG's foot and slammed face first into the dirt, then he and Aayla are tossed into bulkhead beams in the ceiling of the broken vessel. Shaak Ti attempts to force pull debris onto GG but he flings it aside, slamming into Ki-Adi who falls into debris. Shaak Ti is in the fight of her life and when GG strikes down at her with both sabers, she force pushes at the same time and is slammed into a wall.

ShadowKing
Ki-Adi approaches and tries to force pull his lightsaber from the ground where he'd dropped it.

Grievous steps on it and then, amazing Ki-Adi, lifts it with his claw like foot and is now facing Ki-Adi armed with three lightsabers!

Ki-Adi takes a moment and then in a brilliant move, force pulls a saber from Grievous' middle section where he has at least four clipped. They face each other, Grievous balancing on one leg, his three sabers bouncing as he shifts his weight, Ki-Adi, poised in high combat stance.

Grievous leaps toward the Jedi, three light sabers drawn back to strike. Ki-Adi stands his ground....

This is when the first Clone Wars cartoon series ended.

Grievous was even more of a worthy villian in Clone Wars season II.
In the last episode, he has killed more Jedi and Clone Troopers and has kidnapped Palpatine. As he boards his shuttle, Mace Windu arrives and Grievous turns, expanding his four arms with light sabers in a battle stance similar to the inital stance he takes against Obi in ROTS. Mace leans forward, his hand toward Grievous and GG's chest structure caves in...leaving GG on his knees coughing and hacking...

The ramp of his shuttle closes and the ship escapes...

and that is why he is a stunted, hacking, coughing mess in ROTS.

I don't know how much input the creators of Clone Wars had in GG's performance but I know Lucas changed his mind before he edited the movie that Grievous was not really an unstoppable war machine, but a coward who would only fight when the odds were in his favor.

Morgoths_Wrath
I'll have to check out the Clone Wars series, since I'm pretty sure they're on DVD now (at least the first season anyway)

SixOfTwelve
ShadowKing, excellent description. Bravo!

chilled monkey
Personally I don't think Grievous was much of a coward at all.

He retreats from the battle with Anakin and Kenobi because the ship was falling out of orbit. That's not cowardly, that's smart.

On Utapau he fights Kenobi one-on-one, even though there's thousands of droids that he could have ordered to do the dirty work for him.

Even after losing two hands, he's still ready to continue the fight. Kenobi does the cheap thing with a Force push. Only then does Grievous run. And why not? There's a clone army breathing down his neck, he's lost his weapons and is facing an armed opponent. Again that's not cowardly, that's smart.

Plus, when Kenobi catches up they fight again. If Grievous was a coward, wouldn't he have just surrundered at that point?

Council#13
Dont forget, after the force push, Grievous didnt have his lightsabers yes

exanda kane
Greivous was horribly unnecessary. You might say he was needed to lead the droids...no he wasnt. Dooku could have fulfilled that role easily, yes, yes, it'd mess up half of RotS's story, but Grievous really wasn't needed.

It's a shame that the PT does seem to throw in pointless villains (Maul, Grievous, even Jango despite his importance, was overused and relied on).

And the thing about 4 sabers? That is silly. When will people realise that one single saber is the most iconic, the best? It makees Grievous seem like a cheap way to advertise SW merchandise, as was Maul.

Council#13
Someone bought the GG action figures before i could!!!! furious

Red Superfly
I never saw the point in the character and I still don't. He was INTENDED to be cowardly, that was Lucas' idea. He wanted a typically old school "you'll never catch me coppers!" kind of villain. That still doesn't give him a reason to be in the movie, though. Screen candy and nothing more.

It would have made a bit more sense if Dooku and Grievous' roles were switched.

Like have Grievous as the "Jabba" of Episode III who dies in the intro bit. Dooku was a better character and should have lasted to push Skywalker, like Vader did with Luke in ROTJ. Anything but that crap about influencing midichlorians and "saving Padme" powers. Just have Dooku push Skywalker over the edge and flip out on the Jedi because of it. It would have made Luke's actions in ROTJ made even more special, because Luke would have been in the exact same situation as his father, and it would also explain why The Emperor was so damn cocky and confident that Luke would turn. Now it makes no sense, because the plot Sidious concocts to turn Anakin is way more complicated than the "turn Luke" plan.

Also, I really hate the duel between Obi-Wan and Grievous. The bit where Obi-Wan does that force push ("I don't think so"wink looks really badly editted. Not only that, but his four arms are quickly reduced to two in a few seconds. The so-called eye candy has lost his edge, which makes him EVEN MORE pointless.

Dirk Jade
Originally posted by Vanquish
Ya the build up on him was that he was some bad ass jedi slayer that could basically give anyone a good fight. Turns out, he kind of sucked. He is supposed to be a killer in saber combat, but Obi took his hands easily. He got owned by obi's force push into the wall also. He fled like a ***** mid way through the duel which was lame. I was totally let down by that duel actually. Obi kicked his ass badly.

Dude... Obiwan Kicked Darth Vaders ass in his PRIME the CHOSEN MOTHER FVCK ONE! you think that General Greives SHOULD stand a chance to In my oppinion The Best G'Damn Jedi next to Yoda at that time?! The only thing that was ANYTHING good about Greives was his MasterFull Speed and The Fact that he had FOUR ARMS WHO SAYS 4 SABERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!? is it just me or do all Jedi/Sith/Villians who DONT have the Single blade thing REALY get screwed? we have seen Darth Maul with the double bladed lightsaber get raped by Obiwan Kenobi with 1 lightsaber then we see the CHOSEN FVCK ONE get OWNED by Darth Tyranus when He picks up Obiwans Lightsaber and does that whole 1 lightsaber in each hand jig and gets his arm severed. then GENERAL GREIVES GETS PWNED by ObiWan with 4 lightsabers in HALF the time it takes to kill MAUL!

exanda kane
Originally posted by Dirk Jade
Dude... Obiwan Kicked Darth Vaders ass in his PRIME the CHOSEN MOTHER FVCK ONE! you think that General Greives SHOULD stand a chance to In my oppinion The Best G'Damn Jedi next to Yoda at that time?! The only thing that was ANYTHING good about Greives was his MasterFull Speed and The Fact that he had FOUR ARMS WHO SAYS 4 SABERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!? is it just me or do all Jedi/Sith/Villians who DONT have the Single blade thing REALY get screwed? we have seen Darth Maul with the double bladed lightsaber get raped by Obiwan Kenobi with 1 lightsaber then we see the CHOSEN FVCK ONE get OWNED by Darth Tyranus when He picks up Obiwans Lightsaber and does that whole 1 lightsaber in each hand jig and gets his arm severed. then GENERAL GREIVES GETS PWNED by ObiWan with 4 lightsabers in HALF the time it takes to kill MAUL!

This is a fallacy to grammatical do-gooders everywhere...

Council#13
yeah i know, and chill

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Dirk Jade

Oh dear.

General G
Grievous: ONE of the best star wars characters ever.

exanda kane
No. Of course thats opinion and a lot of the Star Wars characters are quite rubbish etc. but Grievous really is silly.

amity75
What a wasted opportunity. Grievous looked fantastic yet had the personality of Dick Dastardly with a Russian accent.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I think that the whole coughing thing was retarded, I don't see why that was needed. But I like him alright. It would have been better if it had showed him killing some Jedi, instead of Obi-Wan schooling him.

He coughs for the same reason Vader does that heavy breathing. Grievous is just a foreshadow of what Anakin will become. Plus they couldn't give Grievous a huge battle because then the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel wouldn't seem as big.

exanda kane
Yet as Vaders breathing is iconic, disturbing, atmospheric etc. Grievous' cough is lame. I mean....its a cough.

There's not much to defend Grievous with tbh...he was just another bad villain like maul.

Red Superfly
I wouldn't say the IDEA of Grievous was a bad idea, just that he was used in completely the wrong way.

Like I said, if he was a peripheral villain, like Jabba The Hutt was, then he might have had more of a purpose. Killing Dooku off before Grievous made absolutely no sense. They should have swapped the Dooku fight for the Grievous one in my opinion. Anakin and Obi-Wan taking on Grievous would have made more sense, made the two Jedi look more balanced against the villain, and also would have been really interesting to watch. Dooku was so wasted and its a shame.

He was used about as wrongly as Darth Maul and Jango Fett were before him.

Maul wasn't used enough (this goes for Dooku), when he should have been developed more, wheras Jango Fett and Grievous were given WAY to much importance to the story for what their characters were worth.

exanda kane
I understand what your saying about the idea of Grievous and your right the way he was used in the wrong way, but i still don't believe he was necesary at all.

Its just weird. Why would you chuck another villain in to a film that has the wrap up tonnes of plot points etc. when you can just change a few of your existing villains roles (such as Dooku being the droid general aswell, or even the hologram of Sidious telliing them where to attack).

I also agree with your point about swapping the fights over so Anakin and Kenobi vs. Grievous, which would make a Dooku, Anakin fight much more personal. Also to create a point of high drama in the film, having Dooku and Anakin fighting in Sidious senate room while Sidious watches, and as there fighting, Mace and co. coming in to arrest Palpatine would have been a good idea. With so much going on, it would have captivated the auidence.

I actually think that Maul should have been scrapped as a villain anyway, or maybe just as Obi's little challenge in TPM, as a servant of Sidious instead of apprentice.

Then they could have built up Dooku's character in TPM, he would have fitted in with the politics well.

overlord
Haha, I would've actually liked to see Grievous and Dooku get killed right after each other like in the general video game stereotype.

That would've shown the vader haters! shifty

darthvader_fan
whoever hates vader sucks

exanda kane
Who said anything about vader...

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by exanda kane
I understand what your saying about the idea of Grievous and your right the way he was used in the wrong way, but i still don't believe he was necesary at all.

Its just weird. Why would you chuck another villain in to a film that has the wrap up tonnes of plot points etc. when you can just change a few of your existing villains roles (such as Dooku being the droid general aswell, or even the hologram of Sidious telliing them where to attack).

I also agree with your point about swapping the fights over so Anakin and Kenobi vs. Grievous, which would make a Dooku, Anakin fight much more personal. Also to create a point of high drama in the film, having Dooku and Anakin fighting in Sidious senate room while Sidious watches, and as there fighting, Mace and co. coming in to arrest Palpatine would have been a good idea. With so much going on, it would have captivated the auidence.

I actually think that Maul should have been scrapped as a villain anyway, or maybe just as Obi's little challenge in TPM, as a servant of Sidious instead of apprentice.

Then they could have built up Dooku's character in TPM, he would have fitted in with the politics well.

I don't like that idea of Dooku fighting Anakin while Sidious watches. It just doesn't feel right. If anything they killed Dooku off to early. Obi-Wan should have gone after him like he did Grievous and killed him in a huge lightsaber duel or something.

exanda kane
It wouldn't be right for Obi-Wan to kill Dooku, Anakin has to do it to prove himself to...himself. It's his personal vendetta against Dooku that allows him to win, via angry thoughts etc.

And I find the idea of Sidious watching, or just the Chancellor, Anakins trusted friend, watching as his apprentice (Dooku) and Anakin fight, very appealing. Anakin, like at the start of RotS is just expecting Sidious to encourage him, while Sidious is actually manipulating every event and has managed to find a replacement for Dooku.

Shadow x 20
No because Dooku being killed while Sidious is watching in his chamber on Coruscant would ruin every thing about Dooku. He created the CIS for the Clone War so Dooku should be killed during a huge battle

eviljoe
OK
Here's the deal
Before Episode 3 during the final stages of the clone wars, General Grievous was a world known warrior on his home planet (unkown, unless i missed it embarrasment ) and was praised like a king. His tacttics were flawless and he was a great fighter. They're planet was divided in war, not from the clone wars, but by their own pretences. Then Count Dooku came to him, offering a place in his army to destroy the jedi and the republic. Grievous declined, wishing to stay on his own planet and win the war for his race. So dooku hatched a plan. While Grievous was in transit, dooku staged an attack on his shuttle, crippling him. Dooku took him in however grievous's injuries were to great. They had to amputate and replace his limbs with biomechanical arms. The only real part of him is his torso and head, although horribly burned. They also needed to add cybernetic implants to his brain, for him to operate his new limbs. When Grievous came out of his coma, he was told by dooku that the republic had attacked his ship, instead of him. Grievous became enraged and felt deeply ashamed of being half a person. He joined Dooku and he was made general of the droid army. During this time he encounteres many jedi, and was taught to use a lightsaber by Count Dooku. When he killed a jedi he would take they're lightsaber as a trophy and used them in further battles. He came extremly profcient at it and had his arms upgraded, so they could split. When grievous kidnapped Emperor Palpatine, he was pursued by Mace Windu, and was mortally wounded by the force crushing his chest. He just survived, however because of this, his armor that normally encased his organs, had to be removed. He also developed a bad cough and his fighting was limited. After that attack, he prefered to run than to fight becoming ever weaker. He was only expected to live for another year or two. They were wrong. He died by the hands of Obi Wan kenobi by having been burned alive from the inside out. His organs were made from flammable liquids. He was around 80 years old at his death.

Thats about it. big grin

Council#13
you got it right

darht dude
grievous is awesome. but here is my question. if greivous killed all of those jedi,then how come he didn't kill Obi-wan?

darthvader_fan
because obi one is really powerful and general grievous couldnt use the force
(might be EU)

Grievous was a dark Jedi, not a Sith, and he couldnt use the force to sense all of Obi's attacks because he was basically a robot

exanda kane
Grievous isn't even a jedi!

Crease
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
because obi one is really powerful and general grievous couldnt use the force
(might be EU)

Grievous was a dark Jedi, not a Sith, and he couldnt use the force to sense all of Obi's attacks because he was basically a robot

What the f**k? ...GG was never a Jedi

Cascador
yeah he has no Force Powers, he was only trained by Count Dooku in lightsaberfighting. Being kinda like a cyborg he had the advantage of moving so fast like a Jedi, but that doesn't make him a Jedi.

Padmé Amidala

Cascador
he was also needed as a diversion...Anakin wouldn't be so manipulated if Obi-Wan was still present. But with Obi-Wan on his mission to destroy Grievous, Palpatine had all the freedom to manipulate him and no one stood in his way...he made sure of that, cause he betrayed where Grievous was and knew they would sent Obi-Wan

Cascador
I actually found out something cool about Grievous' coughing...Matthew Woods did the voice of Grievous, but I read in "Empire" George Lucas did the coughing of General Grievous!

Dawson
When it was mentioned that Grievous had never killed a Jedi, the response was one from the Clone Wars. Have you all not watched your deleted scenes?

There's actually a deleted scene of RotS where GG slaughters Shaak Ti, beginning his "collection" of lightsabers as mentioned when Obi-wan and Anakin are captured and brought to the bridge...unless I managed to dream that, which does happen sometimes.

henniestevens
Originally posted by Cascador
I actually found out something cool about Grievous' coughing...Matthew Woods did the voice of Grievous, but I read in "Empire" George Lucas did the coughing of General Grievous!

Haha I always thought it was him wink

Cascador
Originally posted by henniestevens
Haha I always thought it was him wink

Yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic)

DiamondBullets
If Bossk and IG-88 were to ever breed = General Grevious

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I never saw the point in the character and I still don't. He was INTENDED to be cowardly, that was Lucas' idea. He wanted a typically old school "you'll never catch me coppers!" kind of villain. That still doesn't give him a reason to be in the movie, though. Screen candy and nothing more.

It would have made a bit more sense if Dooku and Grievous' roles were switched.

Like have Grievous as the "Jabba" of Episode III who dies in the intro bit. Dooku was a better character and should have lasted to push Skywalker, like Vader did with Luke in ROTJ. Anything but that crap about influencing midichlorians and "saving Padme" powers. Just have Dooku push Skywalker over the edge and flip out on the Jedi because of it. It would have made Luke's actions in ROTJ made even more special, because Luke would have been in the exact same situation as his father, and it would also explain why The Emperor was so damn cocky and confident that Luke would turn. Now it makes no sense, because the plot Sidious concocts to turn Anakin is way more complicated than the "turn Luke" plan.

Also, I really hate the duel between Obi-Wan and Grievous. The bit where Obi-Wan does that force push ("I don't think so"wink looks really badly editted. Not only that, but his four arms are quickly reduced to two in a few seconds. The so-called eye candy has lost his edge, which makes him EVEN MORE pointless.

genius right there. having grievous die early would have put a stamp on the jedi fighting droids during the clone war
this would make it obvious then that you can't go to the dark side with good intentions. he would have killed dooku out of hate, and nothing else. His going to the dark side for love weakens the dark side.
This ending, with anakin standing over a fallen dooku, right before mace and the posse bursts in would have given everyone cold chills, as it was, we try to understand why he immediately listens to everything that the emporer tells him right after almost accidently killing mace. (i believe he was trying to stop him, not kill him, sidious finished mace off)

How about this? sidious tries to turn anakin, convincing him that obi wan had been killed (somehow... not sure there) Anakin finally loses it, and tries to kill sidious, but dooku comes out of nowhere (or has been standing by, your choice) crosses his blade in front of anakin, and the fight is on, while sidious watches. I would LOVE to see that.

sithsaber408
yes

Not too shabby...

Katie123
Grievous was a gross wimp and not to mention a coward. He needed to go see a doctor not only for physical health but for mentle also

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Mist
he served his purpose....he was just a general of the droid army. the republic had to get rid of him, so they did. he was pretty cool with 4 sabers though.

I thought he was a disgrace..utterly pointless.

Jard Dooku
Greivous was one of the coolest characters!

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Dawson
There's actually a deleted scene of RotS where GG slaughters Shaak Ti, beginning his "collection" of lightsabers as mentioned when Obi-wan and Anakin are captured and brought to the bridge...unless I managed to dream that, which does happen sometimes.

That wasn't the start of his collection though. He already had several lightsabres taken from the Jedi he'd killed during the Clone Wars.

Scarecrow756
I personally liked the General Grievous portrayed in Clone Wars better then the one portrayed in ROTS.

sithsaber408
yes

Tangible God
I haven't seen to many CW episodes, but those that I have seen with grievous in them, he at least stayed silent. That's why I liked him.

Flayertim
General Grievous could have made a great villain, but they ruined him. Like so many of the prequel villains (Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Count Dooku, and Zam Wessel) he was thrown in for a couple of scenes to give the heroes someone to fight.

Neither Zam Wessell nor Count Dooku ever kill anyone in the movies. The most Grievous does is runs over a couple of clones with his wheel bike. Jango owns Obi-Wan once and kills a Jedi, but gets his @$$ pwned by Mace Windu and the big rhino-monster. Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon.

First of all, Grievous doesn't look good hunchbacked. For effect, he should stand about nine-feet tall and be looking down upon the other characters. His cough is fine, it is a character quirk, something rare in the SW universe. The cracking and pitting on his mask should be replaced by lightsaber burns.

Grievous should probably have been introduced in Episode II in the Geonosian arena, shown pwning a few Jedi, and perhaps dueling Mace or Kit Fisto or someone high-up. His MagnaGuard droids should also kill a couple Jedi in II.

In III, (by the way, neither Anakin nor Obi-Wan kill any droid fighters in the space battle) Grievous should be shown killing a few Jedi who get into the Invisible Hand before Obi and Annie.

His MagnaGuards should put up more of a fight, and I think it would be cool if he started throwing computer consoles or even Super Battle Droids at the Jedi. He should briefly fight the Jedi with his staff before fleeing.

The whole slicing of hands, Force push, chase, and blaster kill seemed ridiculous to me. He should start with two lightsabers, then go to four in desperation. Obi kills the lightsaber hilts rather than the arms, and Grevious fights briefly with an electrostaff before being stabbed in his vulnerable chest and killed. How does that sound?

need money
Stun is afart-knocker

Tangible God
Originally posted by Flayertim
General Grievous could have made a great villain, but they ruined him. Like so many of the prequel villains (Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Count Dooku, and Zam Wessel) he was thrown in for a couple of scenes to give the heroes someone to fight.

Neither Zam Wessell nor Count Dooku ever kill anyone in the movies. The most Grievous does is runs over a couple of clones with his wheel bike. Jango owns Obi-Wan once and kills a Jedi, but gets his @$$ pwned by Mace Windu and the big rhino-monster. Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon.

First of all, Grievous doesn't look good hunchbacked. For effect, he should stand about nine-feet tall and be looking down upon the other characters. His cough is fine, it is a character quirk, something rare in the SW universe. The cracking and pitting on his mask should be replaced by lightsaber burns.

Grievous should probably have been introduced in Episode II in the Geonosian arena, shown pwning a few Jedi, and perhaps dueling Mace or Kit Fisto or someone high-up. His MagnaGuard droids should also kill a couple Jedi in II.

In III, (by the way, neither Anakin nor Obi-Wan kill any droid fighters in the space battle) Grievous should be shown killing a few Jedi who get into the Invisible Hand before Obi and Annie.

His MagnaGuards should put up more of a fight, and I think it would be cool if he started throwing computer consoles or even Super Battle Droids at the Jedi. He should briefly fight the Jedi with his staff before fleeing.

The whole slicing of hands, Force push, chase, and blaster kill seemed ridiculous to me. He should start with two lightsabers, then go to four in desperation. Obi kills the lightsaber hilts rather than the arms, and Grevious fights briefly with an electrostaff before being stabbed in his vulnerable chest and killed. How does that sound? Once GL is dead, you should buy the rights to the Prequels. This would be a good remake.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Flayertim

The whole slicing of hands, Force push, chase, and blaster kill seemed ridiculous to me. He should start with two lightsabers, then go to four in desperation. Obi kills the lightsaber hilts rather than the arms, and Grevious fights briefly with an electrostaff before being stabbed in his vulnerable chest and killed. How does that sound?

That sounds great. I agree completely.

steverules
Where is general Grievous in the clone wars? Do we see him in any scene, like a quick glance or something like that?

ESB - 1138
If you are referring about the Cartoon Clone War then he's in episode 20 of volume 1 and in all episodes in volume 2.

steverules
Cool. He wasn't in the clone wars movie was he?

Cascador
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That sounds great. I agree completely.

I don't agree...the whole introducing Grievous already in episode II sounds like a bad idea...Overkill...you already had Jango and Dooku as villains, another one in the end would have been exagerated...I dont dislike your story how Grievous should have been killed..but I don't dislike the one in the film either...The height of Grievous was fine...he was too large in the Clone Wars animated series.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Cascador
I don't agree...the whole introducing Grievous already in episode II sounds like a bad idea...Overkill...you already had Jango and Dooku as villains, another one in the end would have been exagerated.

Well, maybe except for that part then.

Thekid1
Is it true georgle lucas did the grievous cough?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.