Anakin vs. Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Sorry if this has been done before but it was impossible to to do a search on this match with all the combinations of variations of these two characters' names. Anyway, who would win between RotS Anakin and RotS Sidious?

Darth L. Dipsit
Sidious, I think, is simply too smart for Anakin.

Darth_Nefarus
Anakin. He's destined to kill him. He could have just killed him right there and been done with it, but turned out to be a darkside ****

Darth L. Dipsit
Definitely, but I thought we were talking about ROTS Sidious in prime condition, before his fight with Windu.

ImmortalOne
Young and confident..... vs. old weezer with a enormous bloodlust

Anakin wins .. and steps on his old corpse!!! miffed miffed

Darth_Janus
You are all citing prophecy and overrating Anakin's abilities. While I believe Sidious to be a rather poor excuse for a lightsaber duellist. (Think about it, Mace had him served, and all he did was cheat using objects and lightning... and even that barely allowed him to get a one-up on Yoda) I can't say for certain Anakin would "easily take this". For one, the prophecy isn't concrete in my mind. I believe it is, as Yoda said, misread. Mace could have ended the Sith. Anakin ruined that. Yoda, in slightly better circumstances, could have ended the life and reign of Sidious. ANakin, however, was the apprentice from the start. He had not the wisdom nor the power of Yoda or MAce Windu, both of whom were Jedi Masters. I believe I saw him kill Jedi younglings, while backed by a group of Clone troopers, who led an assault on the Jedi temple that left flames and explosions even Padme could see from across Coruscant. What a Jedi Master!

For the love of the Force, guys... you're my buddies, take my rants with a grain of salt... But especially you, Nefarus, don't go citing prophecy as a reason for pwnage, even in this case. SW Versus forum is NOT part of SW contintuity and thus shouldn't be taken as such. Prophecy will NOT suffice as an argument so long as I have eyes and a keyboard, and neither will the Force is their relative/ally/drinking buddy.

Darth_Janus
And lastly, predetermination undermines the reasons for having these discussions. Let's avoid that familar road.

Fishy
Still Janus I think Anakin could take this. Sidious already thinks Anakin is more powerful then him, and he says Anakin will become even more powerful then Yoda. Anakin himself wants to face Sidious as soon as he takes care of Obi. Anakin has a shot here, besides Sidious sucks as a duelist and if Anakin could block Sidious his lightning he would win.

Bobafetty
Are you kidding? Sidious owns. Back me up people!

Lord Mader
Sidious wins like yoda said to obi "you are not strong enough for this sith lord" so yoda wanted him to go after anakin. Sidious does not think anakin is stronger than him YET

Kun-ni Habeo
anakin wuld win,,c'mon guys he has wasted dooku in less then a minute!

Fishy
He got his ass handed back to him first though. Anakin won by getting mad, which he probably would have done against Sidious and he could have won.. Not necessarily would have, but he could have.

Darth_Janus
I disagree. Obi-Wan was able to soundly beat Anakin, and yet Yoda believed he wasn't ready for Sidious. Now, the reason I believe is that Sidious has a better mastery of the Force itself than Obi and Anakin. Now, we know that Sidious never plays fair. He would use all of his Force talents to raze Anakin while he attacked relentlessly. While I don't think much of Sidious as a duellist, his Force powers cannot be denied. He's nearly as powerful as Yoda.

Bobafetty
Sidious is so much better though. My god, it's so obvious whoever thinks Anikan can win! Any sucks compared to the Sith Lord himself

Gryn Jabar
If Anakin can get close, then he wins.

Lord_Windu
Sidious's forces power might give him an edge over Anakin.

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious' powers would certainly take it to Anakin, but Anakin has been fighting more than Sidious and he owned Dooku, one of the best lightsaber duelists ever. Anakin has seen more action than Sidious, so he has the experience as far as battle goes.
And yes, I can too use the propchecy, because it is part of the Star Wars universe, EU or otherwise. Anakin would have to work his ass off, but he would take Sidious.

Darth_Janus
No, you can't use teh prophecy as a logical statement because it is not strictly outlined and proven at all in the first place, and it's a plot element, meaning it shouldn't apply here. If you insist, however, I can say that Sidious would win but not kill Anakin because he needed to take the dive in ROTJ.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Sidious' powers would certainly take it to Anakin, but Anakin has been fighting more than Sidious and he owned Dooku, one of the best lightsaber duelists ever. Anakin has seen more action than Sidious, so he has the experience as far as battle goes.

Sidious is thousands of years old. Anakin is twenty-two. I think Sidious has a little more experience than Anakin.

Darth_Janus
Since when is Sidious thousands of years old? What the hell?

Darth_Nefarus
how's it not proven? Anakin does end the Sith oppression in ROTJ
and I know you hate this, but GL still has the final say in his world.

btw, how do we know Sidious is thousands of years old and if he were why did he wait so long to take down the republic?

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
how's it not proven? Anakin does end the Sith oppression in ROTJ
and I know you hate this, but GL still has the final say in his world.

btw, how do we know Sidious is thousands of years old and if he were why did he wait so long to take down the republic?

Because we never heard what the prophecy is supposed to do, and he practically created the Sith rule, so that hardly makes him a real hero... At least not till the end of the wars... Besides who is to say he has the only prophecy?

SithKiller
Im guessing Palps but if Anakin had more time to discover Vader powers (didnt get sliced and made to mech out by Obi) he could have taken him

Darth Macabre
In a fight to the absolute death i'd say Anakin, right after he kills the viceroy and all them but before obi wan makes him into chop suey.

Sidious force powers are great, but anakins lightsaber fighting is better.

I have no doubt that if Anakin beat Obi Wan and he went and challenged Sidious, Anakin would have destroyed him because he would be so deep in the darkness by then.

Bobafetty
No. I still think Sidious would win. I doubt he's gonna loose to some jedi boy (depending what episodes your basing this on). Mace couldn't beat him, Yoda couldn't beat him and Anikan, some punk padawan, can not beat him.

Fishy
Mace beat him..

Anakin would do so too, Dooku was better then him and he won. Palpatine would not look for a superior location to fight against Anakin because he does not think Anakin can win at that time and he will fight him head on. Anakin in his all his rage and Dark side power will walk over Sidious.

Or Palpatine will run and throw every force power he has at Anakin taking Ani out.

Bobafetty
Oh, well ya proved me wrong.

Fishy
I did? How the hell, I was hoping for a discussion here sad

Bobafetty
sorry

Fishy
Ohh well you can't help it...

Darth Revan33
Great, DarkAge is our newest genius. Anywho, Sidious owns Anakin. By the way Sidious is about 63 in ROTS.

Fishy
I'm not so sure, he could if he attacks from the start, but Anakin his anger gives him a lot of power... Something that could help him block Sidious his attacks, something that could help him break through Sidious his attacks. And with a Lightsaber Sidious doesn't stand a chance.

this fights heavily depends on where when and how

OC2-tin-OC
Ya since when ??On the max he will be pushing 100-150.. he had only 2 apprentice till now. Both went out real quick. Its the dark forces that ravages his body and makes him look 1000. That and what mace did to him. Before that he looked like Micheal Douglas without Facelifts. But Sidious Will win cause Anakin is just 20 with somewhat 10 yrs exp while Sidious had 150yrs dark side exp. Comon guys Anakin was not even a Knight forget being the Master. Anakins skills were doubling every year and from what he did to Dooku I assure you in one more year he would have licked everything under that damned galaxy either using his force alone or his lightsaber alone( WOW! think of him using both together). But HE NEEDED MORE YEAR..Poor boy he didnt get it.

Darth_Janus
Michael Douglas without facelifts... lol

kotor12341@yaho
ani was knighted in the clone wars and sideous is only 63!!!! hes not a thousand years old pleaguis found him before the jedi and trained him in sith arts that have been passed from person to person for a thousand year

kotor12341@yaho
i forgot to answer i think anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.