don't kill me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redux
I just watched ep iii and I thought it was great. But now I want Lucas to entirely redo the original series. Or maybe not Lucas. Maybe somebody else. I don't care. Re-shoot it, re-cast it, using people from i -iii where you can, and fix up some of the problems. Then the original Star Wars can be its own separate entity.

Heck, make three and a half (would that be III-I/II ?) and show Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn, Yoda, clean up all those questions that were left after III that I wanted answered so badly...how come the dark side of the force is so strong in that place on Degobah...etc etc. How the rebellion got started. I mean hey, wasn't that the whole point of I - III? If I wanted questions I'd just watch IV-VI and that would be where I'd stop.

Either way, I would love to see VII-IX in my time or at least some kind of continuation.

Now that I have insulted the ghosts of the original trilogy, hopefully some of you will allow me to live...

Ken Kenobi
*kills redux*

DeVi| D0do
*jumps on redux's dead body*

redux
lol

ok I would have expected a slightly bigger flourish than that.

astrofan428
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
*jumps on redux's dead body*

Dare I say, what the ****?

DeVi| D0do
Dude, of course you're allowed your opinion but I think this would be the single worst thing that could happen to the franchise.

The OT is gold as it is.

redux
Originally posted by astrofan428
Dare I say, what the ****?

rofl yeah I didn't expect to get raped too...

Darth MoonPIE
*Steps on redux's dead fingers*...if you are to be revived... you can never pick your nose again!

astrofan428
People have no respect for the dead. sad

redux
Yeah I know, some people really hate the idea. I am starting to think it is inevitable though. As many people would boycott it, twice as many would watch it...and when Lucas gets those $$ in his eyes...

DeVi| D0do
Lucas has said he will not make any more movies... and I have no reason not to believe him.

Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker. Anakin dies in Episdoe VI. There will not be any more movies.

I doubt very much that Lucas would ever let anyone else remake his films...

I'm sure he doesn't care about earning any more money... he's said himself that he's succeeded enough he has the right to fail from now on... or something to that effect. Personally, I am interested to see what these low budget, personal films he's been talking about are...

astrofan428
I wouldnt mind it maybe waaaaaaaaay down the line, but still I think there is no need.

redux
Lucas has said he will not make any more movies... and I have no reason not to believe him.

Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker. Anakin dies in Episdoe VI. There will not be any more movies.

I doubt very much that Lucas would ever let anyone else remake his films...

Never thought about that, good point. I always thought of them as two separate entities, iv - vi being about luke and i - iii being about obi-wan.

But yeah the whole thing about Anakin makes sense.

astrofan428
The rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

Darth Lego
its kinda funny realy, after i saw episode III i started wondering when they wer gonna come out with episode IV lol. but i think they should go on and make episode VII - IX and maybe even go on! besides i remember long long ago in a galaxy far far away that lucas said he was gonna make 9 movies. and also i agree, they should do a remake of episode IV - VI, or atleast touch it up and replace the old x-wings with CGI x-wings and things like that because somtimes its kinda hard to realize, episode IV - VI happend AFTER I - III because the graphics are so...well.......not good

redux
Yeah sorta my feelings too. I just enjoyed I - III on a different level than I enjoyed IV - VI. Don't get me wrong, the originals were great movies and the prequels were good entertaining movies. It just seems wrong that they are the same story. If they did 4-6 again I would want it in the style of 1-3, exciting, fight-filled and maybe a little more shallow.

finti
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth Lego
its kinda funny realy, after i saw episode III i started wondering when they wer gonna come out with episode IV lol. but i think they should go on and make episode VII - IX and maybe even go on! besides i remember long long ago in a galaxy far far away that lucas said he was gonna make 9 movies. and also i agree, they should do a remake of episode IV - VI, or atleast touch it up and replace the old x-wings with CGI x-wings and things like that because somtimes its kinda hard to realize, episode IV - VI happend AFTER I - III because the graphics are so...well.......not good

I wouldn't expect Lucas to touch up the old trilogy. I read it before (Times Magazine), that Lucas said he will be happy coming out with a 6th set and be proud of them. He also said that the original trilogy isn't perfect but it is as perfect that he can make them.

Maybe he'll do a special edition of the new trilogy some time in the future. Although its hard to believe that they can get any better.

He also said in a few years he will re-release the entire saga to theatres

ayjay
well....i have news...i dunno whether its confirmed at all...but A Current Affair ( current affairs program in aus) interviewed lucas...and he said that there will be a release of more star wars episodes....but not to cinemas....straight to dvd....i guess sumtin like the animatrix was for martix trilogy??

Batman316
Originally posted by redux
rofl yeah I didn't expect to get raped too...

yet..............

sairarouge
My bf was just saying that same thing last night. He wants to see the originals re-done....

I was like 'F**k NO!' that would be BS. If that happens then my respect for Lucas will go done the tiolet & we will know for sure that he is just out for $$$.

Sarah

darthmaul1
Originally posted by redux
I just watched ep iii and I thought it was great. But now I want Lucas to entirely redo the original series. Or maybe not Lucas. Maybe somebody else. I don't care. Re-shoot it, re-cast it, using people from i -iii where you can, and fix up some of the problems. Then the original Star Wars can be its own separate entity.

Heck, make three and a half (would that be III-I/II ?) and show Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn, Yoda, clean up all those questions that were left after III that I wanted answered so badly...how come the dark side of the force is so strong in that place on Degobah...etc etc. How the rebellion got started. I mean hey, wasn't that the whole point of I - III? If I wanted questions I'd just watch IV-VI and that would be where I'd stop.

Either way, I would love to see VII-IX in my time or at least some kind of continuation.

Now that I have insulted the ghosts of the original trilogy, hopefully some of you will allow me to live...

Here's an answer for you who cares. why is chewie with han?
how did lando get into jabbas palace? how did the rebels get to hoth? where do they get the money to buy ships and equipment? how long was luke in training? Who gives a rats ass.

adele2k5
the orignals are classics how could anyone remake them they were massive hits and i enjoy the prequels but they dont beat the olds ones rofts might but the others no. On the dvd trilogy they have touched them up and on the end of roftj when you see anakin, yoda and kenobi you see hayden not david prosse i think his name was.the graphics have also been tighten up.

palpy_666
I hope that Lucas COMPLETELY empties out almost all of the scenery (except for the actors) in the OT and redoes everything in CG. I also hope he spoofs up the fights and battles and adds a bit more music to ANH. Then the PT and the OT will be indistinguishable.

Also it would be awesome for him to rerelease for the last time his final edition of the OT in theaters (with the changes I mentioned above). And there could be new awesome trailers for each of the movies showing off the changes and making them more epic like the trailers for the PT.

Grand Moff Gav
Dances on redux's grave

adele2k5
palpy 666 you dont sound like a true starwars fan you seem more of a fan of the prequels then the orignals it was the orignals which made starwars not the prequels.

palpy_666
Originally posted by adele2k5
palpy 666 you dont sound like a true starwars fan you seem more of a fan of the prequels then the orignals it was the orignals which made starwars not the prequels.

I usually enjoy defending myself from inferior people...

So, here's my defense...

You can go and watch your dinky plastic models hanging by strings and cheap explosions all you want. Sure, this was GREAT for the time when it was released, but nowadays it completely DETRACTS from the Star Wars experience due to the outstanding technlogy we have today. If the OT is not spoofed up to meet todays standards, then that is similar to watching an old friend die right before your eyes.

I've been a fan since I was a small kid so fuk off.

Bardock42
Hmm I agree....Lucas should have rather made a new OT then screw around with the one we have....but well...why not...if it would its good....GREAT....if not well then it doesn'T need to be canon...so I would be fine with it

brendy
ME > 2guns Jumpy < YOU

jango fatt
die!!!!!!!! Burn in hell!!!!!!!!!

adele2k5
excuse me palpy do you kiss your mother with that language. I just stated a personally opinion most star wars enjoy the OT because it is old and they way it was done. Also alot of star wars fans dislike the new ones or feel they don't match up to the old ones. i personally feel that the OT is a classic. Watch your mouth on here, people are entitled to an opinion i did not call you anything. You sound very immature in using that language and no I'm not old I'm an 18 years old girl. oh and I'm no inferior to you, i don't shout abuse to people who express an view.

ShadowKing
Lucas has already shown that he doesn't feel as burdened to hang onto the old effects work as some of the fans..

He digitized the whole ANH Death Star battle scene, so that the X-Wings and Ties were flying in the direction that they said they were...

Adding windows to the originally enclosed corridors of Cloud City

Changing Emperor Palpatine to Ian McDiarmid with new dialogue in ESB

Jango Fett's voice (Temeura Morrison) for Boba Fett

Hayden's eye color on old Vader actor's eyes

Gungans on Naboo during celebration scene (ROTJ) - Weesa freee!

Hayden in spirit form

Hell, I say go for it George...keep updating the effects every year until you die. The more amazing and realistic things look the better. It is your film to screw with...and I think ILM can get it done.

Hey guys...what are you doing with those tomatoes? tomato

The Ones
we should and shouldnt redo OT with CG.

reason NOT to redo OT in cg. in about 3 decades from now the PT and the OT would not have caught up to the futures standards so people will want them remade with better cg forever

reason to redo OT in cg. to make it so the PT and the OT are part of the same sage. OT and PT now look as if there completely different

DeVi| D0do
George Lucas should absolutely remake the OT. It should be done almost completely in CG. There should be a lightsaber duel every four minutes. Jar Jar Binks should be the hero of the films. Han Solo should be cut completely - god, what a stupid character he is.

DarkYoda
The only way 7-9 could work is if there was an ultimate villain, perhaps even better (or worse depending on how you look at it) than Palpatine and Vader. That isn't going to happen.

Therefore, the saga has already reached it's climax, and 7-9 would be completley dull. And we saw what happened when Lucas tried to make a "fun" movie in 1999. It sucked.

Ogami Itto
What r you talking about?? the OT looks fine the way it is!did u see the state of the greedo/han scene?? thats what u would get!! a whole 2 1/2 hours of that shit!!

The Ones
dude. it is that shit

ShadowKing
So keep Lucas out of any editing changes (aside from making the dialogue match the story as laid out in PT to clean up inconsistencies in continuty) and let James Cameron work with ILM to get the party started!

jerlark386
an episode 7-9 isnt impossible, but it would probably be redundant. the cycle would probably restart. Reformation of jedi schools council, jedi slowly regain their reputation throughout the galaxy. Jedi religion is back again. So on and so forth. Then just as things are gettingf better... rebirth of empire. Palpatine would still likely be "THE "villain, but from beyond the grave and all the other siths to be might seek to gain favor or use their own means. Palpatine will still try to control the galaxy or maybe seek a new body. Or maybe Palpatine isnt even dead? Shrug. I think however a remake or continuation is'nt really all that neccessary as much as I like star wars. say perhaps a 40 minute closure or a mini-sode would do. Im not entirely against that idea.

mysterio69
i can't believe i'm reading this. it's like saying that hitchcock's films are inferior to todays suspense movies the ones today look better. good golly. although, you all are entitled to your own opinions...even if they are nuttier than squirrel turds.
the OT rules! thumb up

ayjay
well...imnot saying redo it with new actors or stuff like dat...but...jazzing up the space battles would be kool....wat harm could it do?....i KNOW everyone enjoyed the opening space battle in ROTS...so why not spruce up smoe of the OT space battles?....and i think the battle btw vader and obi in ep 4(?) was quite dull...very slow...in fact...alot of the saber battlesin the OT were slow.....just a bit of polishing and stuff...and the OT would be grander than it already is?....wats da harm in makin a great thing greater?

mysterio69
well, i'd hardly expect that sir alec was gonna go through months of grueling lightsabre training like hayden and ewan.

DeVi| D0do
The space battles in the OT are far superior to the ones in Episode I and III.

I swear I will personally kill anyone who tries to remake the OT.

ubidoobascooby
The space battles in the OT are far superior to the ones in Episode I and III.
I swear I will personally kill anyone who tries to remake the OT.

Then come get me stick out tongue

I love OT. And I think if it was stand alone then they should not be touched up.
But I watch PT then OT and it just bothers me in effects continuity.

I wouldn't remove scenes.. I would replicate using maya and add scenes. And I wouldn't do it till my modelling standards are worthy of PT. So I might not anyway big grin

Besides, george did it. Special and dvd eddition ringin any bells? wink

adele2k5
I think it is a rare think that sequels/prequels can be good as the first film star wars is on of these special films that the sequels/ prequels are just as good as the first film/s. However there comes a stage when you need to stop and realise you could continue star wars forever but star wars isn't like that star wars is about the story of a young boy who became a talent young Jedi who's love of his wife drove him to the dark side to save her ultimately killing her and it was their son's love of his father and passion that brought anakin back. Anakin died so however can star wars continue when the main story is complete. you see movies such as Friday the 13th, Halloween that just continue to go on and on and destroys the original movie.

ShadowKing
How do we know Anakin dies...cause he passed out? Dude...he was still alive and Luke is so hard ass he made him pay for all his crimes...putting him on the fire in his suit...knowing his leg motors were fryed by sith lightning....

hard core Lukehysterical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.