TV series casting buzz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

astrofan428
http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/618/618348p1.html

I am not familiar with this guy, he apparently lost out on playing Anakin.

Here is the article.....

May 23, 2005 - Australia's Sunday News Herald and Moviehole report that George Lucas is shopping in the Land Down Under for talent to cast in his upcoming Star Wars television series.

One name that's come up is Matthew Newton, a 28-year-old actor who appeared in Queen of the Damned and had a recurring role as Ka Jothee in the sci-fi TV series Farscape. George Lucas, who will be closely involved with the new Star Wars spin-off, has allegedly done an "availability check" on the young thespian to see if he's available for a 100-episode run.

Lucas's own relationship with Newton goes back to Attack of the Clones, when he visited Skywalker Ranch and auditioned for the part of Anakin Skywalker. He lost out to Hayden Christensen, of course, but that doesn't mean Lucas wasn't impressed; in fact, he may have been the director's second choice.

Also, given Lucas's production facilities in Australia and his penchant for populating the Star Wars universe with Brits and Aussies, Matthew Newton is definitely a name to watch. We'll be carrying regular updates on the Star Wars TV show, so stay tuned!

Otaku_Sith
It still needs Nat...hottttt

starwarsfreak34
since u brought this up, i heard whispers that Jonny Depp had been asked to sign up, as was jude law. i was kinda picturing Depp as Exar Kun, which would be reall great coz that means the series will be set in the KOTOR time-frame

Asajj's Finger

darth_royke
i cant see any big name actors in the series, and i dont particulary want to. perhaps old actors who perhaps still have it in them? mark hamill anyone? based after new hope, about 30 years... oh look, lukes actor looks like mark hamill mite have 30 years ago.... strange that innitwink

ShotgunWes
I'm almost positive the show is between Sith and ANH, so you can probably forget about Hamil being on the show. I really wish it was after RotJ. All new characters. All new stories.

P.S. Otaku Sith- Is that pic real? My god Ms. Portman is so hot!

ShotgunWes
http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/608/608154p1.html

This article confirms that it is set between Eps III and IV. The show is about the early rebellion. Sounds kind of lame to me, but I'm willing to give it a try.

DCLXVI
Nothing on TOS about it being between RotS & the OT, so it's still all speculation....

darth_royke
well if its between rots and nh, then i dont particulary want to know. i dont think its a good idea, particulary as if it does turn out to be rather good, theres a limit as to how far they can go with it. setting it after gives no end as to where they must stop, and nowhere near so many boundaries as setting it between episodes 3 and 4.

TRSundown
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
I'm almost positive the show is between Sith and ANH, so you can probably forget about Hamil being on the show. I really wish it was after RotJ. All new characters. All new stories.

P.S. Otaku Sith- Is that pic real? My god Ms. Portman is so hot!

Ahhh be carefull... Mark Hamil obviously could not play Luke but he could Kamio as some other person... In the new Battlestar Galactica TV series the actor who played Apollo in the old series is a presidential candidate in the new series. So Hamil could show up.

I personally hoped it would be a series based on the X-Wing series of books... or the New Jedi Academy/Order.

DCLXVI
Mark Hammil has said that he is "interested" in the opportunity, if one came up.
However, I think, if he was to be in the show at all, he would have to be Luke Skywalker. He could not be anybody else in my mind.

ShotgunWes
Agreed DCLXVI.

starwarsfreak34
a series in the NJO would be awesome, but i would prefer them to be films in order to get the most out of them... at least 3 hour long films at that smile

TRSundown
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
a series in the NJO would be awesome, but i would prefer them to be films in order to get the most out of them... at least 3 hour long films at that smile

Well think about it this way... it costs MILLIONS of dollars to make a three hour film... Especially with lots of special effects. And it only lasts three hours...

For the same amount of money... or maybe less you can have a 24 episode series... 44 minutes per episode (without commercials) x 24 = 17.6 hours of entertainment vs. a three hour movie.

Just a thought.

Clone-pilot
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
since u brought this up, i heard whispers that Jonny Depp had been asked to sign up, as was jude law. i was kinda picturing Depp as Exar Kun, which would be reall great coz that means the series will be set in the KOTOR time-frame

Oh god I bloody hope not....

Johnny Depp sick

Jude Law sick sick

terd40
i think the kotor or the original war between sith and jedi would be the best foundation for a great tv series. i dont know about you guys but i wouldnt be able to watch anything starwars without the jedi involved and it would be pretty hard to involve jedi in a series set in a time when they are dying off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.