Wicker Man Remake!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
There is going to be a wicker man remake.This is a Travesty I cant believe it, How dare they soil the good name of the original, Why must they do this ? When will hollywood come up with some new ideas, Wan%ers

The script will be changed slightly and it stars Nicholas "i cant act" Cage in the Edward Woodward role, and will be directed by Neil Labute ( In the company of men).

MildPossession
It's been known for ages this(well didn't know the director), no need at all to remake it. Original is a cult classic. Don't mess with the cults! smile

MildPossession
This is apparently the teaser poster for the remake:

deathbycorn

trailer: http://images.apple.com/movies/wb/the_wicker_man/the_wicker_man_h640w.mov

This looks like it is going to be better than the original!

circut_shortage
I made a bunch of posters for the film. I will upload them later.

grey fox
Originally posted by papabeard
There is going to be a wicker man remake.This is a Travesty I cant believe it, How dare they soil the good name of the original, Why must they do this ? When will hollywood come up with some new ideas, Wan%ers

The script will be changed slightly and it stars Nicholas "i cant act" Cage in the Edward Woodward role, and will be directed by Neil Labute ( In the company of men).

When the hells this coming out , I thought Nick Cage was busy doing Ghost Rider ?

papabeard
Originally posted by deathbycorn

You should be banned from this and any other forum.

deathbycorn
Don't get me wrong, I am a loyal fan of the original, my favourite movie Children of the Corn uses a huge element from The Wicker Man.

But the original is a Pommy movie and I don't really like many of them.

And it is also very old and not really a entry into the horror genre, imo.
Even though it it tagged 'Britains best horror movie'.

The remake looks more horror'ish'.

papabeard
spam_laser

?

circut_shortage
The pics are in my siggie

MildPossession
Trailer looks awful in parts.

boogeyman1031
The original was horrible, one of the worst movies iv'e ever seen and I honestly don't see how the remake could be any worse

ladygrim
Originally posted by deathbycorn

trailer: http://images.apple.com/movies/wb/the_wicker_man/the_wicker_man_h640w.mov

It might be ...but when the hell has a remake of a movie ever been sucessful erm

NormaBates
Originally posted by ladygrim
It might be ...but when the hell has a remake of a movie ever been sucessful erm

Ehmm let me guess...John Carpenters 'The Thing'

ladygrim
hmm Nicholas cage i dont see him as the type of person todo THe wickerman

Jason_Krueger
Originally posted by NormaBates
Ehmm let me guess...John Carpenters 'The Thing'

words well spoked.

papabeard
Originally posted by boogeyman1031
The original was horrible, one of the worst movies iv'e ever seen and I honestly don't see how the remake could be any worse

Oh my God, oh Jesus Christ, No!

deathbycorn
So did anyone watch this?

I did today and thought it was an ok US adaption but the original kills it.

Espantada23
I didn't care for it...prefer the original myself.

The Core
I've tried to watch the original 3 times, and failed to finish it. I watched the remake this afternoon, and it is without question one of the worse movies I think I have ever seen. Terrible casting, terrible adaptation, and terrible overall production.

Mr Parker
this new version sucks.needs to be burned.

allofyousuckkk
ummm....what was the point of the car crash at the beginning

clarbell
Originally posted by Mr Parker
this new version sucks.needs to be burned.

I didn't think it was all that bad... I dunno, it wasn't great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.