Colossus vs. Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
Colossus is real strong now. He's always been good on invulnerability but now he's got power to match.
wink

FieryBalrog
am I the only one who really doesnt like Rhinos costume?

thundercracker
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
am I the only one who really doesnt like Rhinos costume?

naa his costume is really lame oh and collossus hands down imo

Wynndar
Colossus beats his ass

Wickerman
So we're talking about an overgrown brute in a rhino outfit vs. Colossus confused

K, well to try to bring some reasoning here: Rhino has superhuman strength (although i can't find any indices on just how high that is, but i haven't seen anything to suggest it's higher than Colossus's 100 class. He's been irradiated with gamma radiations and made even stronger.
However, from what i recall, these radiations didn't also increase his endurance. That's what the rhino outfit is for. The rhino outfit is said to be as resilient as a rhino's hide. I mean...come on people, we're talking rhino hide vs. organic steel here?
We're talking about a hide that can be put down by bullets vs. a guy that can deflect bullets with his freekin eyelids????

~wickerman~

Wynndar
um no...U dont know about Rhino so u assumed his skin was just as durable as a Rhino's?. When the Rhino was originally introduced his powers were attributed to a combination of Gamma radiation and magic. He was a match for the Hulk. In fact, the first time the Rhino was freed from his costume (which was permanent and he could not remove it) it took a high intensity energy/laser apparatus months to weaken it enough to be removed. The Rhino does have impressive stamina...he cannot only run at about 150mph (much faster than Colossus) but he can also maintain it for extended time. His "Rhino" hide is not its original anymore...but his original skin was probably more durable than Colossus...it was originally virtually indestructable. Nowadays, the durability of Rhino's skin varries from writer to writer. He is presently class 90 now also.

Nonetheless...Rhino is no longer as durable as colossus, he's not as strong, he is less disciplined, and cant fight like Colossus...Colossus would beat him.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
um no...U dont know about Rhino so u assumed his skin was just as durable as a Rhino's?. When the Rhino was originally introduced his powers were attributed to a combination of Gamma radiation and magic. He was a match for the Hulk. In fact, the first time the Rhino was freed from his costume (which was permanent and he could not remove it) it took a high intensity energy/laser apparatus months to weaken it enough to be removed. The Rhino does have impressive stamina...he cannot only run at about 150mph (much faster than Colossus) but he can also maintain it for extended time. His "Rhino" hide is not its original anymore...but his original skin was probably more durable than Colossus...it was originally virtually indestructable. Nowadays, the durability of Rhino's skin varries from writer to writer. He is presently class 90 now also.

Nonetheless...Rhino is no longer as durable as colossus, he's not as strong, he is less disciplined, and cant fight like Colossus...Colossus would beat him.

I always admit to have limited knowledge on rhino, but is the original rhino outfit you're talking about the one that SM's acid pellet webbing cracked? Or the later one that was "glued" to his skin and had to be removed by Project Pegasus? Because if it's the first, it wasn't that resistant, and if it's the second, then yeah, it is tougher indeed. However, i still think that Colossus's organic steel is stronger. It can take bludgeoning and piercing hits like nothing, and can withstand extreme temperatures. Not to mention that rhino's face is still unprotected.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
yes the 2nd skin...not the skin from his first appearance...The hide that was stuck to his body was practically indestructable by the standards at that time.

geese
rhino wins,
same strength, but colossusi is a farmer boy.

CorderaMitchell
I'd say if they were just going head2head with no strategy colossus, but colossus thinks better, so he takes this one.

snoopdogg
I think this would be a excellent match to see but I give it to Colossus

Simply cause he is smarter, stronger, faster, better fighter and more durable.

Taking nothing away from Rhino but he is outclassed.

CorderaMitchell
lol

Hulk Power
The good guy always wins so Colossus would win. Besides, he's stronger, better fighter and smarter than Rhino. Colossus would take this one. cool

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think this would be a excellent match to see but I give it to Colossus

Simply cause he is smarter, stronger, faster, better fighter and more durable.

Taking nothing away from Rhino but he is outclassed.

I don't think Colossus is faster than Rhino.

Hulk Power
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't think Colossus is faster than Rhino.

I don't think so either. confused

Cosmic Cube
Classic Rhino would wreck Colossus, and so would some versions of current Rhino. Rhino was able to force his horn into Juggernaut, sans the force field.

Hulk Power
Force his horn into Juggernaut? messed blink Are you serious? He must have some serious power for him to do that. I wonder who would win in a fight between him and Hulk. shifty yes

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Force his horn into Juggernaut? messed blink Are you serious? He must have some serious power for him to do that. I wonder who would win in a fight between him and Hulk. shifty yes

This was a weakened Juggernaut, who didn't have his forcefield, or his normal invulnerability. Hulk would beat Rhino to the brink of death.

Hulk Power
This was a weakened Juggernaut, who didn't have his forcefield, or his normal invulnerability. Hulk would beat Rhino to the brink of death.

Oh, I see now. No wonder he was able to do that to him. I also think that Hulk could beat the crap out of him. Maybe even kill him if Hulk tried. Happy Dance

Cosmic Cube
Oh, I see now. No wonder he was able to do that to him. I also think that Hulk could beat the crap out of him. Maybe even kill him if Hulk tried. Happy Dance

Not maybe. Certainly.

Hulk never tries to kill anyone. He just tries to "smash them" when they refuse to leave him alone. He's a simpleton, so he often gets into disputes that lead to temper tantrums and fights. But, he's as innocent as a child. If Hulk was evil, there would be a lot of dead superheroes and villians. He doesn't kill people, unless he does do by accident, or if he has no other options.

Hulk Power
You're right. Is he really inocent as a child though? I don't really think so. I don't know. I could be wrong.

Cosmic Cube
-edit-

Cosmic Cube
Look at this.

The little girl made Hulk cry. He isn't even slightly evil.

Hulk Power
Whoa. That is crazy. I had no idea that he was THAT Innocent. blink messed huh wacko

Cosmic Cube
Whoa. That is crazy. I had no idea that he was THAT Innocent. blink messed huh wacko

That's the Hulk. It's part of his character.

Hulk Power
In a way, he's kind of gay for crying like that don't you think?

FieryBalrog

laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube

He has the mind of a child. Hulk doesn't hurt kids.

It's a part of his character.

Hulk Power
Yeah you're right.

K3VIL
Actually, Rhino is no more an armored brick guy, he was enhanced from Department H in Canada, he's a Man-Rhine, he goes toe to toe with the depowered Juggernaut and got owned quick and with ease.

long pig

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

snoopdogg
I don't think Colossus is faster than Rhino. Your right Rhino can run at over 100 mph.

long pig
Rhino can run faster than that, I belive it's closer to 175mph.
His reaction time is considerably less....notice how he runs into shit all the time?

Anyways, like someone said, the depowered juggernaught whipped Rhinos nose with his own ass easily, colossus is at LEAST equal to the new jugs.

edster247
We're talking about a guy who spider- man can take down ( no offence to spidey) so yeah colossus would win but rhino won't go down easy

Colossus-Big C
Anyone has the scan of colossus completely no selling a punch from rockslide (class 90+) ?

Same here

-Pr-
The punch or the explosion?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Anyone has the scan of colossus completely no selling a punch from rockslide (class 90+) ?

You've just made up that number.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
The punch or the explosion? Punch, his arm got destroyed while punching colossus.

Look at the scans

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You've just made up that number. Handbook

I dont make things up.

-Pr-
Punch, his arm got destroyed while punching colossus.

Look at the scans

What scans. Did you post any?

Handbook

I dont make things up.

Handbooks are usually crap.

And yes, you have.

iceman24567
What scans. Did you post any?

Handbooks are usually crap.

And yes, you have.
laughing

pym-ftw
Even pre Juggernaut Colossus would win in the end

SamZED
After what happened in ASM and AvX Rhino is a more interesting character of the two. Sad really.no expression

juggernaut74
Rockslide isn't class 90, he's class 75 and was able to rock WWHulk with a punch so him not affecting Colossus is a good feat imo.

pym-ftw
Mettle had a similar feat to Colossus

I think its more a low showing For hulk, than a high showing for Piotr

DickBlazer
Classic Rhino would wreck Colossus, and so would some versions of current Rhino. Rhino was able to force his horn into Juggernaut, sans the force field.

Lol no way

juggernaut74
Colossus wins handily.

SamZED
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Lol no way He's right about classic versions and nonjobbing Rhino. There was an old book with Rhino charging at a group of heroes with Colossus hanging on his back like a ragdoll trying to stop him. Current Rhino is pretty badass too. After his wife got killed he stepped up big time.

juggernaut74
Classic Rhino isn't doing jack to Colossus.

StiltmanFTW

Depowered Juggernaut. And Rhino was amped.

Originally posted by SamZED
He's right about classic versions and nonjobbing Rhino. There was an old book with Rhino charging at a group of heroes with Colossus hanging on his back like a ragdoll trying to stop him. Current Rhino is pretty badass too. After his wife got killed he stepped up big time.

So Rhino would fare better against Gladiator? shifty

juggernaut74

And that version of Juggernaut wasn't as strong as Colossus.

SamZED

So Rhino would fare better against Gladiator? shifty Current definitely would.cool

KingD19
Originally posted by SamZED
Current definitely would.cool

So would current Colossus. cool

ColossusGrundy
Anyone who says Rhino wins this is a retard. Sorry, but they are.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by juggernaut74
And that version of Juggernaut wasn't as strong as Colossus. this

pym-ftw
Rhino has a huge speed advantage, depending on battlefield, Rhino could win this

juggernaut74
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Rhino has a huge speed advantage, depending on battlefield, Rhino could win this Rhino can run faster sure, but fighting speed, agility etc. goes to big C. Running faster will help him run away from Colossus though.

pym-ftw
At over a hundred mph, I don't think Colossus could really react

-Pr-
At over a hundred mph, I don't think Colossus could really react

Of course he could.

100mph isn't that fast, especially to someone with superhuman reflexes.

pym-ftw
What about 150mph?

juggernaut74
What about 150mph? Colossus impressed the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, and Psylocke with his speed. Speed isn't going to be a factor in this fight.

KingD19
Current Colossus can book it at 600mph. What's Rhino got on that? And charging at 100mph in a straight line isn't gonna do Rhino any favors. Same thing happens to him as when he tried to charge Surfer.

pym-ftw
This is pre juggernaut enhancements, or this is spite

-Pr-
What about 150mph?

Nope. Humans alone wouldn't be far off reacting to something like that, and Colossus is superhuman.

KingD19
This is pre juggernaut enhancements, or this is spite

Oh I know. Just saying in the grand scheme of things, 150mph in a straight line isn't that fast. I could get out of the way of a car going 150mph with enough distance between us. And Rhino takes a while to get to full steam anyway.

-Pr-
And given how unusually agile Colossus is for a guy his size, dodging Rhino won't be an issue imo

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Rhino can run faster sure, but fighting speed, agility etc. goes to big C. Running faster will help him run away from Colossus though.

Spidey was in awe of Rhino's combat speed. They're pretty close in that department, imo.

KingD19
And given how unusually agile Colossus is for a guy his size, dodging Rhino won't be an issue imo

The one-shot fight with Savage Hulk and when he flipped onto a wall, then pushed off and turned himself into a cannonball come to mind.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
The one-shot fight with Savage Hulk and when he flipped onto a wall, then pushed off and turned himself into a cannonball come to mind.

Yep.

juggernaut74
Yep. He did a summerault once and knocked Juggernaut on his @ss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.