books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obi-one killer
Id really like to wright my on Book and i was wondering if any one had any ideas. I'm going to post a character list tommorow.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by obi-one killer
Id really like to wright my on Book and i was wondering if any one had any ideas.

Yeah. Make frequent use of the spellchecker.

Sorry... big grin

starwarsfreak34
i'm full of ideas for new star wars stories, just like i told darth-yoda. i could give u a hand too i u like since i'm working on my own original story, i don't have time now to do my own SW story so i could give u guys a hand

starwarsfreak34
first thing's first. DON NOT MAKE A CHARACTER LIST. star with a character already created or just make up the protagonist. place him in a setting--it doesn't matter if this will be in the story or not-- and then use him. try and get a feel for your character.
if you think ur scene lacks strength and want dialogue, pop some1 else in. you might find they have a lot in common, maybe a hidden agenda or a linked past. who knows?

starwarsfreak34
for instance the last time i started a SW story i didn't even give my character a name. it was just 'the man who...'
i started with a gripping scene, but in my mind i knew that the character was going to be Kyle Katarn. he'd slaughtered the crew of an old republic vessel that he had come across while on a mission. this then became my prologue because it had a sense of mystery to it... why was this man killing them and who is the blue ghost thats tourturing him?

obi-one killer
ok thanks i was going to use characters already maid like Luke ,solos ,and a couple jedi like corran horn and Kyp and just add some adventure maybe some bounty hunters (boba fett) and a few vong im trying to write something between the NJO and the new series coming out. but i have to wait to read what they say happens in the new series so if someone changes i can write what happend.

starwarsfreak34
i liek the idea of kyp and corran. you could pair them on a mission and see how well you make their views apparent

LordSorgo
You should do a story about the unimportant Jedi. That is what i did. for Example, i did a story of how Kit's Dad, Luai Fisto, spared his life for his son during a raid by a group of local thugs. I have a long history of making star wars stories. I have made at least over 50 books (literally) and i spend most of my free time working on short stories. Making up your own character is good sometimes. You have more options than a character already created.

LordSorgo
Here is an example of Kit's journeys. This is the last part of the story.

How long?
Not very long now.
I feel nervous... Something is going to happen to us. I feel the Senator has a mass of power and force flowing through his blood. This is going to be harder than anything i have ever done. I doubt my survival of this arrest attempt. With every mission from the Council, my life is in obvious peril and as at stake, but this is much different. I feel like i have thrown my life at the Senator.
Wake up, Kit. We are here.

You are under arrest by the Jedi Council for treason.
Are you threatining me, Master Jedi.
His face looks as if to rot. I feel a strong darkness overwhelming me.

Father, i will never forget the sacrifice you made for me. I will fight for my life but i fear my time to join you comes close...

I live on through the force. My life flashed before me. I thought once more that i would never greet you again, Father. I was wrong...

Fin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.