Hayden Christensan thinking about quitting acting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader519
Anyone heard this news. Hayden is thinking about quitting acting, mainly because he has lost hi interest in acting, and does not want to become the next ORlando Bloom. Which means he does not want to be typecast for the rest of his career as Anakin Skywalker. HIs is thinking about pursuing a career in Arcitechture. I heard this on my local radio station while they were doing the news. I will look and see if a story as been posted online.

lil bitchiness
I find this really hard to believe. He is at hight of his acting career now. Why would he be bored?

Also, Hayden will never become the next Orlando Bloom, namely because he is a way better actor with far more credentials than Bloom.

ickeris2003
Hayden is a great actor and i truly liked him in epi iii. I think what your saying or heard is false because he is currently in italy filming a movie with mischa barton but I forgot the name of it. But hayden is farmost better than orlando .

vader519
I think he does not want to end up like Mark Hamill, where he can't get any movie roles and the only think we will be remembered as is ANakin and he was in star wars. I think he is very talented. Again, he has not made up his mind yet, so we will have to wait.

vader519
No, the story is true. What he is going to do, is he is going still make movies, but if he does not get the roels that he wants or does not do well getting other movie roles he will quit. His new movie is called The Decameron.

obi_wans_beard
Didn't Neeson retire from acting as well after Phantom Menace? I don't think he (Hayden) will retire since as been posted he's got some new films coming up, although i'm sure he could retire if he wanted as he is probally set for life now!

SithSpy
neeson didnt retire, hes actually been quite busy did kingdom of heaven, and a number of other films the names of whilch i cant recall

obi_wans_beard
I didn't state myself fully, I meant he did retire after Phantom, but came out of exhile shortly after. he's in Batman Begins too and just did Kinsly too!

Eleonora
His words were misinterpreted. He actually said that since he has such a strong association with Darth Vader people might not pick him to star in other films in the future.

dms6117
Typecas? Yeah cuz Shattered Glass and Life As A House were both similar roles to Anakin roll eyes (sarcastic)

palpy_666
Well... I do have to say something here...

As much as I think Anakin is cool.. Hayden Christensen.. well, he's just not that good of an actor. He kinda seems, well, akward in his scenes-- not so much in ROTS, but deffinately in AOTC (especially the scene where him and Padme are sitting by that fire place). And the way he says to Padme in AOTC.. "I have to help her" (referring to his mom).. I dunno. Just doesn't seem to natural and flowing like Natalie Portman.

Now Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee-- Whoo! Great, great acting on their parts.

Hayden is good in ROTS though.. So I do see an improvement.

Dark hoser
I think he's a really good actor i dont think he's quitting acting but i could be wrong and yes he's awesome in epi 3 i fell in love w/ that movie

kremzike
You know, I think what a lot of people forget about the PT and specifically the Jedi characters in the PT is that, because of their being brought up in the Jedi order, they all speak a certain way, not like what we'd consider "normal". A lot of the "strange" line readings that Hayden gives are actually being read exactly how they are intended. Just look at Samuel L. Jackson. He's doing the same thing, and it's probably easier for you all to spot that since there's a better chance you've seen other SLJ movies than HC movies. But if you do see Hayden in other things, you'll see what else he can do. The things he's done in episodes 2 & 3 are done because he was directed to do them that way. You may say, "It was his interpretation of the lines", but he knew who he was working for and what he wanted, and i'm sure that influenced the way he portrayed the character... because it's supposed to. He knew what GL wanted, and he gave it to him. I think he did very well. I understand Anakin in AOTC & ROTS, so nothing seems out of place or weird to me. Maybe some people don't actually take the time to understand the character, but that's a larger topic for another discussion. But he's a talented young actor, more so than Mark Hamill, I would say, and more marketable i'd think as well. And I mean that without having to say, "Star Wars' Hayden Christensen" when billing him in another film.

((The_Anomaly))
well i dont really care to be honest, hes not a very good actor anyways....

although there was a MAJOR! improvement in ROTS, he still is not a great actor.

adele2k5
i think he can be a bit wooden but i think he has proven himself. he worked really hard on the fight scenes so i think he deserves credit for that.

DeVi| D0do
Hayden wasn't good in Star Wars but he definitely can act... I liked him in Shattered Glass.

He shouldn't quit acting he just needs to choose the right roles.

Orlando Bloom is one of the worst actors in history. Second only to Ben Affleck.

WindDancer
You gotta give Orlando some credit for KOH. As for Hayden...yeah, better quit and not become like Mark Hamill. Or he should just cut back on lead roles and then work on a major project.

Sadako of Girth
Could be the Boxers tactic of trying to command higher fees, by making themselves the "Last Fight" announcement, they would always get higher offers to return to the ring.... Bands do this too... And actors...
Look what it did for Brando......

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by kremzike
You know, I think what a lot of people forget about the PT and specifically the Jedi characters in the PT is that, because of their being brought up in the Jedi order, they all speak a certain way, not like what we'd consider "normal". A lot of the "strange" line readings that Hayden gives are actually being read exactly how they are intended. Just look at Samuel L. Jackson. He's doing the same thing, and it's probably easier for you all to spot that since there's a better chance you've seen other SLJ movies than HC movies. But if you do see Hayden in other things, you'll see what else he can do. The things he's done in episodes 2 & 3 are done because he was directed to do them that way. You may say, "It was his interpretation of the lines", but he knew who he was working for and what he wanted, and i'm sure that influenced the way he portrayed the character... because it's supposed to. He knew what GL wanted, and he gave it to him. I think he did very well. I understand Anakin in AOTC & ROTS, so nothing seems out of place or weird to me. Maybe some people don't actually take the time to understand the character, but that's a larger topic for another discussion. But he's a talented young actor, more so than Mark Hamill, I would say, and more marketable i'd think as well. And I mean that without having to say, "Star Wars' Hayden Christensen" when billing him in another film.

Very good points,

Whisper
If I was an actor and had a few million dollars in the bank I'd maybe consider "quitting" acting.

smoker4
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Could be the Boxers tactic of trying to command higher fees, by making themselves the "Last Fight" announcement, they would always get higher offers to return to the ring.... Bands do this too... And actors...
Look what it did for Brando......

thumb up yes

Darth Plagueis
What a coincidence, I've lost interest in him acting as well!!!

MoviesFan
http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2532212

Hayden Christensen is set to quit acting to become an architect. The Star Wars actor says he plans to swap the big screen for building design - because the movie industry doesn't excite him anymore.

He told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Maybe the new Star Wars will be my last movie. "I don't find Hollywood interesting, so I'm thinking about studying architecture instead."

The heartthrob actor, who plays Anakin Skywalker in the hit movie series, claims that he's had enough of making movies because the industry demands too much from its stars.

The 24-year-old actor, who has been romantically linked with his Star Wars co-star Natalie Portman, also slammed other young actors who are prepared to sell themselves to Hollywood in order to make their career successful.

He added: "A film is a product and as an actor you can only sell it if you sell yourself. "You don't get to sit at the table before you're ready to give away your integrity. Maybe it works for Orlando Bloom. It doesn't for me."

Earlier this month the Canadian-born star revealed how he had to bulk up for his role as Darth Vader in third Star Wars instalment, Revenge of the Sith.

The handsome actor has played the young villain in the past two films - but admitted he wasn't big enough to fill the famous black suit after he transforms into the adult character for the final film.

He said: "Yeah, I'm a bit shorter but they were nice enough to put lifts in the shoes and make a big muscle suit so I could fill it out." - Bang

lucasfilm
good riddance

DeVi| D0do
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t344254.html

Ben-Kenobi
about freakin time.

vader519
I told you so, but I hope he does not quit.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I find this really hard to believe. He is at hight of his acting career now. Why would he be bored?

Also, Hayden will never become the next Orlando Bloom, namely because he is a way better actor with far more credentials than Bloom.

I don't find this hard to believe.

Being at the height of his career means nothing. He may feel acting is not his thing.

Anybody is a better actor than Orlando freakin' Bloom.

DeVi| D0do
If this is the height of his acting career then maybe he should quit...

I think he's capable of much more... he wasn't good in Episode III by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes... even I am a better actor than Orlando Bloom.

KharmaDog
Quit acting? I wasn't aware that he actually started acting. Appearing in movies and actual "acting" are very different.

peluffo
He can't quit acting, because he never acted really...

Altar[1stONE]
poor guy , i bet the critisism really got to him. He should just do indie movies instead , roles like shattered glass. Sure starwars put him in the spot light, but the guys capable of much more. But hes got a point, i wouldnt sell myself to corporate hollywood either.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Altar
But hes got a point, i wouldnt sell myself to corporate hollywood either.

Too late, there are already actions figures of him and hisface is pained on everything from lunchboxes to Pez dispensers.

Robin Darkside
Haydon is scared to go ahead with acting because he would probably end up like Mark Hamill

supercybergeek
First of all he sucked as Anikin the kid in episode one was far better. Secondly he might be good in other roles, but if he retires he can hang out with Mark Hamil who is rich because he had points in the original star wars and spends his time hanging out at comic conventions.

ragesRemorse
Even if he did quit acting. Once he realizes the shit money he makes at a real job he will be back quicker than the kashyyyk scene in episode 3 lasted.

Cinemaddiction
Firstly, what the **** is with all these ignorant "..end up like Mark Hamill" quips? Are you guys under the assumption that he's sitting and rotting. Hamill is single handedly owning the voice over industry. He's doing work with so many animated features and other avenues of voice work, he probably can't even think straight. He was even doing voice work BEFORE "Star Wars", so it's not something he just "had to resort to" either.

To be perfectly honest, pretty much EVERYONE but Harrison Ford could be substituted for Mark Hamill. Carrie Fisher? Billy Dee Williams? Jeremy Bulloch? David Prowse? Where are they now? They all had as big of roles, and are just resting on their laurels and past achievements. Just don't speak unless you know what's up, because Mark Hamill is MADE.

Secondly, Hayden Christensen is a pretty solid actor, albeit he's really only had the freedom with range in two movies, the better of the two being "Life as a House". He was directed by Lucas to be the emotional, whiny, brooding robot he portrayed in the SW films. Blame Lucas, not Hayden. I don't care what he does either way, he hasn't really proven anything to me, personally.

supercybergeek
I think they should both be in a star wars play! Luke be a jedi tonight!

Robin Darkside
wasn;t Luke in some crappy movie after star wars. When Luke became such a great influence in star wars, nobody wanted to see him on the down low. He became important, so Haydon probably considers this. From now on people will know him as Anakin Skywalker.

smoker4
Hollyweird has changed a lot since those days, shame for Hamill but like cinemaddicton said hamill owns the voice over industry so he aint living rough by a long shot

Moosooman
wouldn't suprise me if he did. Although star wars is not that notourious for type casting.

supercybergeek
he has shares in OT hes more rich than harrison ford

Robin Darkside
I doubt he has more money than harrison Ford

Jedi Styles
Are you kidding? He is going to continue acting and with how things goe with actors these days I have reason to believe he wont be type casted... Type casting is kind of a thing of the past these days...

I think anway... Besides why would he quit acting? He doesn't want to make millions of dollars?

Sure he'll have to brush up on his acting skills, but he's improved alot since.

Darth Halo
Hey obi wan's beard where did you find pics of burned anakin? I want to to see those pics cause I can't remember that scene too well. I couldn't believe how badly injured he was

Obiwalker08
no matter what role he plays...he will always be anakin skywalker and he cant escape it

DeVi| D0do
Because not a good enough actor...

A real actor would be able to shake off something like that.

Obiwalker08
he lucked out

Darth Halo
I think Jar Jar should've quit before TPM.

Darth Halo
Not Hayden

DeVi| D0do
Wouldn't it be more effective to start a career in acting before quitting it?

theshakl
"The 24-year-old actor, who has been romantically linked with his Star Wars co-star Natalie Portman, also slammed other young actors who are prepared to sell themselves to Hollywood in order to make their career successful."

that is the give away....LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragesRemorse
Who cares if he quits or not, what the hell has he done? The only movies he has played in, he has been a rebelious whining teen. It doesnt sound like he has that much to offer anyway. good riddance.

Robin Darkside
Ok, who is a better actor, Mark Hamill or Haydon?

Darth Vicious
I think hes a smart guy thinking ahead, maybe he doest want to end like Mark Hamill with crappy roles or voice overs or like Anakin from TPM besides i dont think he was that great of an actor, i liked him in the movies but he aint gonna be no Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise besides hes a fraking millionare he could do the movie thing on the side and besides i think Star Wars is kinda of a curse for UNKNOWN actors most of them dont accomplish anything acting and will forever be known for those characters i.e Carrie Fisher, MArk Hamill, Ray Park, Jake Lloyd(Anakin E1) the esception being Harrison Ford which has a lot of great movies besides Star Wars.

vader519
I don't think you can consider Ray Park an actor. He is more of a stuntman, and he has been successful since TPM. He has been in Sleepy Hallow as the headless horseman, and X-men.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Who cares if he quits or not, what the hell has he done? The only movies he has played in, he has been a rebelious whining teen. It doesnt sound like he has that much to offer anyway. good riddance.

yes, who cares about Haydon in acting, he can be an archetech, I'm sure that will be the path he thinks he should follow

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think hes a smart guy thinking ahead, maybe he doest want to end like Mark Hamill with crappy roles or voice overs or like Anakin from TPM .

That diddnt automatically happen to Hamil because he stared in star wars. It happend because he is a shit actor. PErsonally i like the guy, he seems pretty cool, but he cannot act for shit. Even in star wars his bad acting is apparant.

astrofan428
I think he is a fairly good actor and would like to see him continue. But I do believe SW can be a curse if you are very new, if you have a little steam coming in you should be okay. Ewan was a decent sized star when he started, since E1 he has really climbed up the ladder of stardom.

queeq
I doubt that still counts these days. There's too much going on and SW no longer has the impact it once had. Besides, he "only" did two movies. And Vader is still the guy in the suit.

DeVi| D0do
Indeed... It wouldn't be hard to shake off Anakin... just get rid of the hair mop.

But if he wants to leave the 'profession' I'm not stopping him. He will be no real loss to the entertainment world.

queeq
laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
I seriously dont think it would matter how unexperienced you are. Somthing like star wars would be the best sling board you could ask for if you are a talented actor. The original star wars triliogy is still the best example of that. Fischer, hamil and ford were bombarded with job offers because of star wars. Ford last because he chose wisely and is the only one out of the three to have any kind of expanded talent. though i think Indiana jones gave him a segway into stardom and put him in the eye as a good actor. Indiana surely did alot more for Ford than star wars did.

queeq
But SW certainly placed him into the limelight and he started cashing in on it with Indiana Jones. It's not a single step move, reaching stardom.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I seriously dont think it would matter how unexperienced you are. Somthing like star wars would be the best sling board you could ask for if you are a talented actor. The original star wars triliogy is still the best example of that. Fischer, hamil and ford were bombarded with job offers because of star wars. Ford last because he chose wisely and is the only one out of the three to have any kind of expanded talent. though i think Indiana jones gave him a segway into stardom and put him in the eye as a good actor. Indiana surely did alot more for Ford than star wars did.
Couldn't agree more.

astrofan428
Yeah Indy was a much better platform for Harrison that Han. I actually never liked the Han character as much as everybody else, his best feature was Chewie.

Harrison still does an great job when selecting roles, except maybe Indy 4.

Cipher
Its too bad because he's a better actor than Natalie Portman......

queeq
Han rocks!

DeVi| D0do
I agree.

smoker4
Originally posted by queeq
Han rocks!

rock smokin'

Jerico
It's not that hes a bad actor, hes really not very good but hes not hidesouly terrible, its the shit arsed dialouge, in episode 3 he was certainly better than 2 as well, but c'mon, coulden't they get a competent script writer

"I hate sand, it gets in everywhere!" woo

queeq
Good call, Jerico.

adele2k5
Natalie portman was considering finishing acting and going into career with her degree i think it was crime logy i cant remember. Hayden is an average actor i don't think SW has an effect on the actors career as type casting. It just depends on the actor look at Harrison ford he picked roles that are have different to SW and has developed him self in different ways Ewan McGregor is another excellent actor his character in Transporting is one of his great movies he has done and is completely opposite to obi1 also moulin rouge he proved he could sing and take on another completely different role again. It just depends on if they can actually act another role which is usual and different to the ones they have done.

Darth Vicious
Me personally i think Natalie Portman is a great actress like in The Professional and Closer.

b-dan
he sucked anyways

smoker4
Natalie was of the female persuasion last time i checked

vader519
Hayden is not that bad of an actor, if you watch some of his other movies, he is good in them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.