Muhammad Ali or Bruce Lee?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AdventChild
Who would win in a Fight Muhammed or Bruce....?

Kagome2005
bruce lee

SlipknoT
Ali

Deano
bruce lee easiliy

GCG
^you both didnt vote

TraptUnderIce
Bruce Lee just cause he is more well rounded.

GCG
I would say they are both agile, yet Ali can soak up more than Lee

Deano
i did vote

Deano
bruce lee wud win...no contest what so eva
ali is just a boxer
bruce lee is an all rounder

GCG
nah-sif !

The agility of Bruce Lee can do nothing compared to Ali's stamina !
Ali just waits till Lee is tired the BAM !
gets a new puching bag

Deano
bruce lee tired?
what makes you think bruce lee wud get tired?
both do lots and lots of training...neither wud get tired
bruce lee wud finish him off before he eva gets a chance to get tired anyway
comon though..a boxer vs a superb martial artist
ali has no chance

GCG
Bare in mind all the power Ali has is in his fists,
they are the his tools.
Also think he could outpsyche Lee.
This contest is bare-knuckled and one punch on Lee's face is his end and part of the mat

Deano
one kick to ali's head could kill him .....

GCG
so could an Ali punch, sending his bone up the brain ....

whobdamandog
Bruce definately..no way Ali could withstand the 1 inch punch!!

Deano
Originally posted by GCG
so could an Ali punch, sending his bone up the brain ....

i disagree strongly..but each to there own

KidRock
Bruce lee is overated. Ali.

GCG
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Bruce definately..no way alley could withstand the 1 inch punch!!

If stading infront of him, alert like a Soldier , no-one withstands that.

Lee's 1 Inch Punch: Stand Straight please

And Ali's punch that knocks you to the ground :

http://www.mohammed-ali-fights.com/aliforemananimgif.gif

Deano
how is he?
he is a brilliant martial artist...you cant take that away from him
and in my opinion..a martial artist would beat a boxer

GCG
*scoffs*

Gryn Jabar
Ali. There's a reason for weight classes. At over 200 pounds, Ali will destroy the smaller, lighter and overrated Lee.

Sadako of Girth
Martial arts Vs Boxing is one debate, but if you are talking bout a lightning fast and very good defensive/fast on his feet boxer, who weighs 15 stone, verses a 5ft 7 10 stone martial artist who has a considerable reach disadvantage, then its a knockout to Ali maybe 7 out of ten.... And thats even if Ali sticks to boxing...!!! How about if he used elbows, knees and headlocks....? His size/strength would be to much for Lee, as Brilliant as he was...

Interestingly, Jim Brown's character in enter the dragon was based on Ali... In attitude and movement/footwork....

And what was the technique that messed up Bolo in that..?
Circling with the Jab and following with right hands........

No matter how good a martial artist would be, a moving target with more reach/power/size/weight and knock out power on you is a tricky one to get rooted down to deliver against effectively without getting destroyed in the process...

Economy of movement study, and incorporating boxing into his routine were a good thing for Bruce lee... and it gave him some serious chops...
But against Ali... The Physical differences'd prolly be too much...

Not to take anything away from Bruce Lee though.... Both are Heroes of mine... smile

Gryn Jabar
Sadako, you are correct. Also, Ali is not just a boxer. He has a blackbelt in TKD, as well as numerous wrestling knowledge obtained for his fight against Inoki.

PINBALL
Ali no doubt

Darth Mantis
Bruce Lee

crazy
Ali for sure

KidRock
Bruce is a martial artist, but he got hyped due to all his movies. He would get mauled if he competed in PRIDE or the UFC.

Deano
has an actor he is overated..but not as a martial artist
bruce would literally kick ali down...martial arts is the ultimate fighting style

Sadako of Girth
Bruce didn't believe in styles...

Sadako of Girth
Each move in Martial arts has its advantages and disadvantages....
...No system is ultimate...
Which system do you mean, Dean...?

ragesRemorse
The only advantage ALI has is weight. Many people know Bruce only as a kung fu master on screen. Many people dont know however, that Bruce Lee is still renowned as the most diverse martial artist. Bruce lee Conqured China's top student of kung fu. That is no exaggeration or tall tale. Bruce Lee boxed heavy weight's at his college...and won every match he boxed. Bruce lee achieved master skill level in wrestling as well as a hand full of other fighting styles. He also educated himself and trained in as many other fighting techniques as possible.

The problem with fighitng someone at the skill level of Bruce Lee is that every other move is a well calculated strike from a different style. One grapple can be from Judo, the very next punch can be from wing chun. Martial artists go for critical blows. MArtial arts teaches you to not fight and to end the fight as soon as possible. Wing chun teaches you how to channel energy, and conserve yourself for the vital points of attack. Bruce Lee is a bad mamba jamba his fighting knowledge and abilities dwarf that of ALI Bruce Lee would be more agile, percise and would also obtain the most endurance of the two.

Ali vs bruce lee would be like Tyson VS hollyfield. Lee being Hollyfield. Yes, Ali would get spanked and be forced to change his name back to clay in a desperate move to avoid shame and embarassment.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by PINBALL
Ali no doubt

No way! Brucey would kick his ass (after a very tough fight)

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The only advantage ALI has is weight. Many people know Bruce only as a kung fu master on screen. Many people dont know however, that Bruce Lee is still renowned as the most diverse martial artist. Bruce lee Conqured China's top student of kung fu. That is no exaggeration or tall tale. Bruce Lee boxed heavy weight's at his college...and won every match he boxed. Bruce lee achieved master skill level in wrestling as well as a hand full of other fighting styles. He also educated himself and trained in as many other fighting techniques as possible.

The problem with fighitng someone at the skill level of Bruce Lee is that every other move is a well calculated strike from a different style. One grapple can be from Judo, the very next punch can be from wing chun. Martial artists go for critical blows. MArtial arts teaches you to not fight and to end the fight as soon as possible. Wing chun teaches you how to channel energy, and conserve yourself for the vital points of attack. Bruce Lee is a bad mamba jamba his fighting knowledge and abilities dwarf that of ALI Bruce Lee would be more agile, percise and would also obtain the most endurance of the two.

Ali vs bruce lee would be like Tyson VS hollyfield. Lee being Hollyfield. Yes, Ali would get spanked and be forced to change his name back to clay in a desperate move to avoid shame and embarassment.

Good points here, but how many of those 60s college heavyweights had Alis skill/attributes...? Or were they slow shuffling bruisers boxing at a college level....?
Ali at his prime had way more advantages than weight.... The reach/speed/resilliance AND weight being a big potential early night on the floor for Mr. Lee...

And Ali was very precise too....
And as calculated and precise as Lee definitely was, how calculated would he be while unconcious....?

Because that would be the result of meeting the Ali who boxed Cleaveland Williams within maybe 3 seconds on getting caught by that onslaught.... This goes back to the physical differences when meeting fellow master.....

Sure.... Sugar Ray Leonard even VS Bruce Lee (A much fairer contest)
Bruce all the way....
But 1967 Ali....? Naw.... Can't see a Lee win more than 3 times out of ten..... Maybe if Lee drove a truck into him or shot him or something.... LOL laughing

Sadako of Girth
One things for sure...I'd sure as shit love to see that match though...!!!
smile

GCG
*writes e-mail to Discovery Channell's "Battle of The Beasts"*

btw...Good Points guys !

AdventChild
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Good points here, but how many of those 60s college heavyweights had Alis skill/attributes...? Or were they slow shuffling bruisers boxing at a college level....?
Ali at his prime had way more advantages than weight.... The reach/speed/resilliance AND weight being a big potential early night on the floor for Mr. Lee...

And Ali was very precise too....
And as calculated and precise as Lee definitely was, how calculated would he be while unconcious....?

Because that would be the result of meeting the Ali who boxed Cleaveland Williams within maybe 3 seconds on getting caught by that onslaught.... This goes back to the physical differences when meeting fellow master.....

Sure.... Sugar Ray Leonard even VS Bruce Lee (A much fairer contest)
Bruce all the way....
But 1967 Ali....? Naw.... Can't see a Lee win more than 3 times out of ten..... Maybe if Lee drove a truck into him or shot him or something.... LOL laughing

You have to be a boxer to love Ali that much knowing that Bruce has the upperhand....You get an -A for effort though....
I'm a martial artist so don't take that comment personal... big grin

PVS
if they put gloves on and boxed (by the rules) ali would whoop lee's ass.
if they fought hand to hand, lee would tear ali apart.

they both had different elements where they excelled in (bruce lee's would be the more practical of coarse)

KharmaDog
Although Ali is in pretty rough shape, Bruce is dead, I believe that Ali could still beat up pretty good on a dead guy.

PVS
laughing out loud

well i knew SOMEONE was gonna go there stick out tongue

KharmaDog
So happy not to let you down PVS.

Sadako of Girth
laughing It...... was..... inevitable...... LOL

finti
"no match for me, Iwould knock Lee in three"

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by AdventChild
You have to be a boxer to love Ali that much knowing that Bruce has the upperhand....You get an -A for effort though....
I'm a martial artist so don't take that comment personal... big grin

stick out tongue

"Martial Art" means "art of war".
Boxing falls nicely into that, (Doubly so once the safety has been taken off)..
All Im saying is, Bruce Lee wouldn't be helpless for sure....
But If I look at it in an "Out of ten" scenario I still say Ali wins 7 times...
If Ali was either: Bruce Lees size, or A lesser fighter, the Sure...... Bruce Lee all the way....He'd be wearing Ali's severed head as a hat....
But all Bruce'd have to do is screw up once or twice against a man that fast, that big (Compared to Lee) , that sharp at spotting openings and then its game over...

And like I said earlier, Especially If the scenario was Ali allowed to be using the range of options avaliable to any one who doesn't "play fair" Ie elbows...Low blows...Rabbit punches...Knees...Kidney punching..Punching to the throat...Lacing..Thumbs jabs in the eyes.....kicks.... stick out tongue

Boxing is the ultimate hand system next to wing-chun defensively and offensively, and while Lee's JKD uses elements of Many systems including the Wing Chun AND Boxing and Its many variations, He'd be outgunned by size..

To illustrate my point further... Next time you are out, ask someone who is 5 and a half foot and 9-10 and a half stone to take a hook or right hand from a bouncer who is 16 stone... and watch the carnage for yourself.. smile

DarkCrawler
You should as Jplatinum. He has kicked their boths asses, so he knows how they both fight.

He is an expert.

KharmaDog
Oh how I miss JP. He was even more entertaining than Jackie can be.

Kosta
Ali may have a great stamina, but Bruce Lee is MUCH quicker, plus stamina counts for nothing when a well aimed shot to a pressure ppoint is delivered. Bruce knew things that could take down and prolly kill a man in one hit. The fact that they didnt show this in the movies doesnt mean anything. Boxers can hit a man in the ribs and the face, yeah, but a profetional martial artist would win.

Sadako of Girth
Boxers can hit people where ever and however they like in versus situations like this... stick out tongue
Uppercuts to the nose/jaw, hooks to the temple, punches to the throat, to the nut sack....Whatever you like.... Grab on the ears ands pull down..
Eye Gouge....Whatever.... Again boxers aren't limited to merely boxing...
smile

Besides... I cant see to many opportunities for nice pressure point attacks while getting flurried to the head/body/nuts with shots that would remove Lee from competetive existance...

Besides Lee admitted that on the streets, the fancier stuff would go out the window everytime for more basic/vicious/effective/reliable under pressure...Stuff like afformentioned throat punching/eye gouching nut-sack attacks etc... And fair play to him....!

Deano
still....bruce would win

KharmaDog
guess we'll never know...so why does it matter?

WindDancer
ALI BUMBAYE!!
ALI BUMBAYE!!
ALI BUMBAYE!!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Deano
still....bruce would win

Not if Ali slipped him an Asprin....! stick out tongue

Deano
Originally posted by KharmaDog
guess we'll never know...so why does it matter?

it doesnt... big grin

Deano
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not if Ali slipped him an Asprin....! stick out tongue

lol...bruce died of takin drugs i think...marijuana

finti
"I kid you no more, I whoop Bruce in four"

Sadako of Girth
ROFL laughing

evil_made_flesh
Bruce lee died by taking a Chinese relaxation drug which swelled up his brain because of an allergic reaction to the drug. bruce would win no problem his punches and kicks were so powerful that he had been known to burst punching bags i have footage of him training in his backyard on my enter the dragon dvd and the force and speed he hits the punching bag with is just awesome.

Sadako of Girth
Bags dont fight back.

@F1
This thread is disrespectful to both. Everyone knows Hong Kong Fooy would kick both there asses.

smoker4
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth

Top Ali Quote.....

Fat Albert would tear Fooy a new one

Sadako of Girth
LOL Filing cabinet and all....!!!

whobdamandog
Hong Kong Foey..faster than the Human eye..Hong Kong fuey..Number 1 super guy..he's rough, he's tough he's super stuff..

whirlysplat
Heavyweight v Lightweight.

One of the greatest boxers of all time v an actor

Boxing (does well in UFC) v Kung fu (does very badly)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The evidence says the pro sportsman and world champion.

debbiejo
Tommy Hernze...I saw him...

mr.smiley
Originally posted by whirlysplat

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

yeah.ali would kill lee.Boxing alone is decent in ufc.normaly it's kickboxing or muay ti that excells as a striking art

KidRock
Originally posted by evil_made_flesh
Bruce lee died by taking a Chinese relaxation drug which swelled up his brain because of an allergic reaction to the drug. bruce would win no problem his punches and kicks were so powerful that he had been known to burst punching bags i have footage of him training in his backyard on my enter the dragon dvd and the force and speed he hits the punching bag with is just awesome.

I think they call that Chinese relaxation drug...cocaine?

mr.smiley
Originally posted by evil_made_flesh

i've seen boxers train and knock the bag to the ceiling with just one jab.And this is just local guys from my area!nothing bruce did was spectacular,only ove .I've seen all those old lee videos and none of them impressed me.The one inch punch? roll eyes (sarcastic)
I did that to my brother just as an example to show how easy that was.
so either i'm just that awesome,or i'm right and lee is ove

Deano
ali wud never beat bruce lee
your havin a laugh sayin he actually cud

mr.smiley
lee was an actor first and foremost,then a philosopher,then a martial artist.
ali was a boxer first and foremost.

Deano
whats your point>?

mr.smiley
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327615&highlight=mas+oyama+vs+bruce+lee

read this discussion involving bruce lee

KidRock
ali wud never beat bruce lee
your havin a laugh sayin he actually cud

Bruce lee is an actor.. Ali is a fighter.

Deano
bruce lee is a fighter too...

oh wait your right..actors cant fight..silly me

mr.smiley
http://www.bruceleecentral.com/bruceleepeople.htm

or this

KidRock
I give the fight 12 seconds max. Ali would throw a punch, lee would try to block it with his wrist and get it shattered.

Deano
lee would just grab his arm and break it..then kick him in the head, rendering him unconscious

whirlysplat
Kung fu is rubbish

A good big guy will always beat a good little guy big grin

bruce lee is a fighter too...

oh wait your right..actors cant fight..silly me

KidRock
lee would just grab his arm and break it..then kick him in the head, rendering him unconscious

LOL ok.. maybe if Ali was blind.

whirlysplat
big grin

Originally posted by mr.smiley
lee was an actor first and foremost,then a philosopher,then a martial artist.
ali was a boxer first and foremost.

whirlysplat
Kicking is usually ineffective big grin

mr.smiley
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2378.html

I'll try to find the actual interview but they talk about it here too.
Lee himself,said Ali would beat him!

Fëanor
what a bunch of buffoons....that's like comparing apples to oranges

whirlysplat

Deano
Kicking is usually ineffective big grin

if u are crap at kicking yes

Deano

((The_Anomaly))
then it is obvious that you know nothing of fighting...

ill have you know that the 10th ranked boxer in the world fought the world champion of martial arts, the boxer knocked him unconscious in 1 round...

Ali would have Lee Ko-ed in under 30 seconds..

its funny that the general public thinks that martial arts are the be-all and end-all of fighting, boxers are the best fighters in the world.

i bet most of you also didnt know that chuck norris would beat bruce lee quite fast, as well as jackie chan..

but any professional boxer against a martial artist is just a joke...

whirlysplat
I agree with you but an MMA fighter would beat a boxer, due to the grappling element (usually) I mean sometimes a striker is very good like Liddell.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
then it is obvious that you know nothing of fighting...

ill have you know that the 10th ranked boxer in the world fought the world champion of martial arts, the boxer knocked him unconscious in 1 round...

Ali would have Lee Ko-ed in under 30 seconds..

its funny that the general public thinks that martial arts are the be-all and end-all of fighting, boxers are the best fighters in the world.

i bet most of you also didnt know that chuck norris would beat bruce lee quite fast, as well as jackie chan..

but any professional boxer against a martial artist is just a joke... big grin

Deano
i disagree

((The_Anomaly))
then again i say, its obviosu you know nothing of fighting sports and fighting in real life...im sorry...

whirlysplat
They exist for a reason big grin

i disagree

Gryn Jabar
Chill. Stop trying to provoke his ire.

Ketchuptome
I say Ali. Ali got into way more fights than Bruce and more endurance.

whirlysplat
then again i say, its obviosu you know nothing of fighting sports and fighting in real life...im sorry...

If so what evidence do you have, I agree a boxer beats a kung fu type style, but do you really think boxers beat grapplers?

Gryn Jabar
...assuming this isn't either really early ali (pre liston fights) or really late (Inoki fights).

Deano

then again i say..i disagree
my opinion stands

Big Evil
Ali, because Ali is black and blacks>Asians.

whirlysplat
Have you heard of Vale Tudo

http://tapout.association.users.btopenworld.com/ValeTudo.htm

or Pancrase

http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/styles/pancrase.htm

these kind of styles beat boxers and martial artists

big grin

Deano
Originally posted by Big Evil
Ali, because Ali is black and blacks>Asians.

talkin out ya ass

((The_Anomaly))
ok, sure its ur opinion, but its very incorrect....

if you knew anything about fighting sports, u would know that Ali is the best fighter ever (who we didnt even get to see during his prime i might add since the war and his boxing license being revoked) boxers are trained to fight, and to hit, and to get hit. martial artist are not, they are trained how, in theory, in a perfect situation (ie. this persons left hand grabs ur right shoulder etc.)

did you also know that bruce lee was never actually an official master of any art? i bet you didnt, he created his own, which at the time was not considered a real art. so in actual fact he was a master of nothing.

the best martial artist in worlds history (despite the bruce lee crap) is chuck norris. he was undefeated world martial arts freestyle champion 6 times, hes never been beaten. norris is also the fastest grand master in history (meaning hes a master of 5 arts, with a second dergee black belt at least) as a matter of fact jackie chan is the second fastest grand master in history next to norris, also with 5 arts, with at least a second degree belt in each

however, if you knew fighting you could not disagee with me, ur opinion stands, but its wrong, im sorry to say.

Ali is the greatest fighter in history, ANY boxer would beat a martial artist because martial arts are just not good for fighting in real life. im sorry to say. also martial artist do not hit even remotely close to the power of boxers, most boxers would not even be phased by a martial arts blow.

Deano

if you knew anything about fighting sports, u would know that Ali is the best fighter ever (who we didnt even get to see during his prime i might add since the war and his boxing license being revoked) boxers are trained to fight, and to hit, and to get hit. martial artist are not, they are trained how, in theory, in a perfect situation (ie. this persons left hand grabs ur right shoulder etc.)

did you also know that bruce lee was never actually an official master of any art? i bet you didnt, he created his own, which at the time was not considered a real art. so in actual fact he was a master of nothing.

the best martial artist in worlds history (despite the bruce lee crap) is chuck norris. he was undefeated world martial arts freestyle champion 6 times, hes never been beaten. norris is also the fastest grand master in history (meaning hes a master of 5 arts, with a second dergee black belt at least) as a matter of fact jackie chan is the second fastest grand master in history next to norris, also with 5 arts, with at least a second degree belt in each

however, if you knew fighting you could not disagee with me, ur opinion stands, but its wrong, im sorry to say.

Ali is the greatest fighter in history, ANY boxer would beat a martial artist because martial arts are just not good for fighting in real life. im sorry to say. also martial artist do not hit even remotely close to the power of boxers, most boxers would not even be phased by a martial arts blow.

leave it at thaaaaa!

Ketchuptome
Ali would two piece Lee. No doudt.
Why you might ask? Cause Ali can dodge most punches thrwon at him at hit the opponent with much more strenght.

Deano
and bruce can dodge most punches thrown at him...

((The_Anomaly))
Deano, no, see u are proving that you obviously dont know what ur taking about...please explain to me in detail why you think a martial artist would beat a boxer, and i will tell you why ur wrong...

Deano
Deano, no, see u are proving that you obviously dont know what ur taking about...please explain to me in detail why you think a martial artist would beat a boxer, and i will tell you why ur wrong...

talkin out ya ass
a martial artist would beat a boxer IMO
my opinion
i dont wanna explain in detail
you have no right saying im wrong...you aint god
all u have is your opinion

((The_Anomaly))
no, i have basic fighting facts that you obviously do not understand, because if you did then you would know that u are wrong, im sorry this is not a matter of opinion, its a matter of fact, if u were to explain any sort of reasons why you think what you think i guarantee that i could refute them with facts...

Ketchuptome
I have facts why Boxers beat MA's Deano!
yes

whirlysplat
I used to box, but the Vale tudo styles beat boxing or the kicking arts if you don't believe me watch the UFC big grin

whirlysplat
Ali would take this in 30 seconds though big grin

mr.smiley
I used to box, but the Vale tudo styles beat boxing or the kicking arts if you don't believe me watch the UFC big grin

so true.
a boxer will beat a traditional martial artist anyday,but against a brazilian jiu jitsu expert,he's nothing

AdventChild

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ummm can any one say you're an idiot?... Bruce Lee did various martial arts... He took all of the best moves and combined it into his own martial art.... He relized that most martial arts had moves that didn't apply to street fights so he took all the moves... or most effective moves from many martial arts and combined them into the most street effective Martial Art...Street fight Bruce Lee would win... In a boxing ring...... My money is still on Lee...and Bruce Lee would own any UFC fighter.... Muhammad may last as well..... and just because Lee made it as an actor doesn't mean he doesn't know martial arts.... it just means he's more talented..... It's not Muhammad's fault that he couldn't act..... Any way back on topic... Ali's training compared to Lee's training is nothing! That's right... NOTHING! I'd like to see a boxer even try to take on a Kung Fu master.... heck i'd like to see a boxer take on a Tae Kwon Do master.... If it came down to it Lee would win with out a doubt.....ali is fast strong.. big... has endurance.... but lee's faster.. smarter.... Plus lee knows alot more grabbing moves... shoot this isn't even a even match up.... i should thought some one at Lee's level... or close to it like Tony Jaa.... big grin cool

((The_Anomaly))
i do box, and i am a brown belt in karate at the moment. and i do watch the UFC. you are correct, the UFC fighters could beat a boxer, maybe, UFC fighters are not near the size of a heavyweight boxer, and if a boxer (espicially Ali) landed a single flush punch, the fight would be over.

if a UFC fighter could get a boxer off his feet, then yes, but the chance he could do that before getting a swift right cross to the face is very slim.

and yes, a single punch from a professional boxer would KO most UFC fighters, and if it didnt, then they'd be a little confused as to how to stand straight for a few seconds...and then 1 more punch its over.

whirlysplat
and brazillian JJ doesn't do it alone anymore big grin Multiple styles is the key now. The most effective techniques. Elite athletes in a single art even have to cross train. Look at whats happened recently.

big grin

so true.
a boxer will beat a traditional martial artist anyday,but against a brazilian jiu jitsu expert,he's nothing

whirlysplat
I agree a 21C elite heavyweight boxer like Lewis in his prime would present problems.
Until the UFC earns as much as heavyweight boxing we will not see that. Although a declining Tyson was offered a few million to fight Shamrock and declined big grin

i do box, and i am a brown belt in karate at the moment. and i do watch the UFC. you are correct, the UFC fighters could beat a boxer, maybe, UFC fighters are not near the size of a heavyweight boxer, and if a boxer (espicially Ali) landed a single flush punch, the fight would be over.

if a UFC fighter could get a boxer off his feet, then yes, but the chance he could do that before getting a swift right cross to the face is very slim.

and yes, a single punch from a professional boxer would KO most UFC fighters, and if it didnt, then they'd be a little confused as to how to stand straight for a few seconds...and then 1 more punch its over.

mr.smiley
oh yeah.
the same with art jimmerson and all other boxers in the earlier ufcs.they just didn't last long

whirlysplat
big grin The striking range is closed early in most real fights big grinOriginally posted by mr.smiley
oh yeah.
the same with art jimmerson and all other boxers in the earlier ufcs.they just didn't last long

AdventChild

90% of what you just said is utter bull Crap.... seriously.... I'm a martial artist... and my brother is a martial artist... he's beaten every boxer that he's come across... and bull freakin crap ... martial arts is actually applied in real life.... 11 situations where my brother had to fight.... 4 of which claimed they were boxers 1 which was an actual real good boxer... and 6 of the other fights were regular street fights......My brother is a black belt in TKD and gets his second degree this october..... so if you had any knowledge of a real fight you wouldn't be talking out of your ass!!!! geez!!!!

mr.smiley
put marco crocop against any pro boxer and they would be hurting.
the same with my man silva.

whirlysplat
Boxing is more effective
big grin

90% of what you just said is utter bull Crap.... seriously.... I'm a martial artist... and my brother is a martial artist... he's beaten every boxer that he's come across... and bull freakin crap ... martial arts is actually applied in real life.... 11 situations where my brother had to fight.... 4 of which claimed they were boxers 1 which was an actual real good boxer... and 6 of the other fights were regular street fights......My brother is a black belt in TKD and gets his second degree this october..... so if you had any knowledge of a real fight you wouldn't be talking out of your ass!!!! geez!!!!

mr.smiley

apparently most fighters in your area suck.In a real street fight,it's a fight for your life.You can use guns,knives,etc.
katas and such have no street equivelant.
The best example of a real fighter was helio gracie.
When he used bjj,he applied it for real fighting.
that's why hapikdo masters,wrestlers,kickboxers,kung fu guys and the such lost to helios sons.but even that being said,most these fights where fist to fist.If your brother had been in real life street fights,at some point he would have come across someone with an unfair advantage.

whirlysplat
You know your stuff Smiley, boxers always have a punchers chance though.

this debate here is good

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=767&threadID=1798402&lastPostID=9978693

put marco crocop against any pro boxer and they would be hurting.
the same with my man silva.

((The_Anomaly))
im sorry, anyone who thinks that a martial artist would beat a boxer simply does not know anything about fighting...

martial arts are great, for discipline and focus, and state of mind....i know, i do it...

but they are no good in a fight, if you do not understand that then go, learn martial arts then challenge a boxer to a fight, i guarantee that u will end up in a very bad situation...

i know, i do both, as a matter of fact ive fought a black belt in a street fight (who are my next door neighbours who i dont like)

he is a second degree black belt in tae kwon do, i naturally did not use my karate, because its useless. i used boxing, he at first went for a very weak shot to the body (which is what they tell you to do in most martial arts) and naturally it did nothing, i then got in to a boxing position with him, meaning i got within a foot of him. this very fact immediately throws off all martial arts because you cannot kick someone that close, and the martial arts positions are not made for that kind of closeness.

needless to say i hit him twice and he was almost out cold...

im not trying to brag, but it was just a simple matter that boxing is superior in a real fighting situation then martial arts are, if you dont know that then go take some martial arts and then go take some boxing, you will know what im talking about.

whirlysplat
Ali still kicks Lees arse big grin

mr.smiley
i'll never sell a boxer short.
give someone like lenox louis some good ground work and he would be a force to be wreckoned with.Even with that though,i belive most boxers would be thrown off by some of the mma fightes unorthodox fighting stance.

thanks for the link!

AdventChild
in a street fight boxing is more effective i'll admit but a boxer just doesn't have the reach of a martial artist.... especailly TKD... Legs are longer than arms, i'm sry to tell you that.... and yea...but honestly i think a TKD match with a boxer is the coolest thing ever!!! you need to see for yourself out of 11 of those fights i was there for 9 of them... it was so cool!

whirlysplat
However a wrestler against a boxer in close usually wins big grin

im sorry, anyone who thinks that a martial artist would beat a boxer simply does not know anything about fighting...

martial arts are great, for discipline and focus, and state of mind....i know, i do it...

but they are no good in a fight, if you do not understand that then go, learn martial arts then challenge a boxer to a fight, i guarantee that u will end up in a very bad situation...

i know, i do both, as a matter of fact ive fought a black belt in a street fight (who are my next door neighbours who i dont like)

he is a second degree black belt in tae kwon do, i naturally did not use my karate, because its useless. i used boxing, he at first went for a very weak shot to the body (which is what they tell you to do in most martial arts) and naturally it did nothing, i then got in to a boxing position with him, meaning i got within a foot of him. this very fact immediately throws off all martial arts because you cannot kick someone that close, and the martial arts positions are not made for that kind of closeness.

needless to say i hit him twice and he was almost out cold...

im not trying to brag, but it was just a simple matter that boxing is superior in a real fighting situation then martial arts are, if you dont know that then go take some martial arts and then go take some boxing, you will know what im talking about.

whirlysplat
If you understand a boxing guard and shoot a takedown well, we know what happens next.

i'll never sell a boxer short.
give someone like lenox louis some good ground work and he would be a force to be wreckoned with.Even with that though,i belive most boxers would be thrown off by some of the mma fightes unorthodox fighting stance.

thanks for the link!

((The_Anomaly))
wrestling, ok, maybe...

i still say id get a shot or 2 in before a wrestler would take me down, and boxers are trained for 1 punch to count...

and if you took arguably the best one of those 1 punch to count fighters (aka boxers), Ali, he would wipe the floor with even most wrestlers...

mr.smiley
in a street fight boxing is more effective i'll admit but a boxer just doesn't have the reach of a martial artist.... especailly TKD... Legs are longer than arms, i'm sry to tell you that.... and yea...but honestly i think a TKD match with a boxer is the coolest thing ever!!! you need to see for yourself out of 11 of those fights i was there for 9 of them... it was so cool!

I bet it was.Don't get me wrong man,I belive you.It's just that i have always been taught a street fight is for survival.In a street fight,more times than not,one person doesn't even want to fight,they're just defending themselves.When two people agree to fight,I don't consider it a fight for survival.My brother recently sparred with a kung fu guy and came home telling me that the guy had good balance,but my brother was the better puncher.the kung fu guy would then clinch and from their my brother used bjj to negate the kung fu guy from doing anything on the ground.

((The_Anomaly))
as i said however, to dispute the reach by kicking thing, boxers would easily get inside a kick, and id be about a half a foot away from you, how can u kick me with me staring at u face to face?

mr.smiley
the best example of ali against a wrestler was the famous antonia noki fight.
It went to a draw,but noki screwed ali up.

whirlysplat
all have a good chance against a boxer as does Judo in close due to the grabbing aspect. Muay Thai is Boxing +, Leg kicks hurt bigstyle. Boxers who fight Muay Thai lose if they have not trained to take kicks to the leg.
high kicks are crap except the Muay thai ones against a good boxer they would be useless.

wrestling, ok, maybe...

i still say id get a shot or 2 in before a wrestler would take me down, and boxers are trained for 1 punch to count...

and if you took arguably the best one of those 1 punch to count fighters (aka boxers), Ali, he would wipe the floor with even most wrestlers...

mr.smiley
as i said however, to dispute the reach by kicking thing, boxers would easily get inside a kick, and id be about a half a foot away from you, how can u kick me with me staring at u face to face?

marko crocop has done it

((The_Anomaly))
1 person has done it?

wow, every boxer is trained to fight like that. and most martial artist cannot kick that close (even if someone has done it getting any kind of power like that is physically not possible) as well, kicking takes longer, by the time he had his foot off the ground id argue that most boxers would have at least 3-4 punches off...

mr.smiley
possibly.

((The_Anomaly))
oh and plese be reminded i do both martial arts and boxing...

so im not just saying that because i want too, i know...i do it

whirlysplat
big grin Muay Thai leg kicks and knees in the clinch though wink

1 person has done it?

wow, every boxer is trained to fight like that. and most martial artist cannot kick that close (even if someone has done it getting any kind of power like that is physically not possible) as well, kicking takes longer, by the time he had his foot off the ground id argue that most boxers would have at least 3-4 punches off...

KidRock
marko crocop has done it

mIrko cro cop is known for a big left kick to the head and various other kicks, but he never really faced a solid boxed who knows footwork.

KidRock
marko crocop has done it

mIrko cro cop is known for a big left kick to the head and various other kicks, but he never really faced a solid boxed who knows footwork. Accept maybe Wanderlei Silva, who was able to beat his kicks and come ot a draw with Mirko.

((The_Anomaly))
a fast handed boxer could throw about....5-6 punches before a kick was thrown....an average hand speed boxer about 3-4

whirlysplat
big grin

mr.smiley
Originally posted by KidRock
mIrko cro cop is known for a big left kick to the head and various other kicks, but he never really faced a solid boxed who knows footwork. Accept maybe Wanderlei Silva, who was able to beat his kicks and come ot a draw with Mirko.

igor vorchansen is regarded as a very good striker and cropcop took him with one kick to the head.on the flip side,however,antonia nogeria took out crocop after a tought fight just by sticking with grappling

whirlysplat
even if both had equal skills (which they do not) Ali is a heavyweight big grinOriginally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
a fast handed boxer could throw about....5-6 punches before a kick was thrown....an average hand speed boxer about 3-4

mr.smiley

I study in both as well

mr.smiley
here's a link with all of antonia inoki's mma fights that go all the way back to the seventies

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/newjap/njbudo.htm

whirlysplat
Styles make fights anyway unfortunately Lee v Ali is a complete mismatch big grin

mr.smiley
here's a small video clip of it.go to noholdsbarredtv.com for the whole second round.Inoki USES LEG KICKS to keep a distance between him and ali.

http://240gp.ovh.net/~longhoho/npds/download.php?dcategory=Tous&sortby=dver

mr.smiley

that's not what happend when Inoki fought Ali.watch the video.

whirlysplat
big grin

that's not what happend when Inoki fought Ali.watch the video.

mr.smiley
no problem.the fight went to a draw but ali didn't do anything but take punishment from inoki.That being said,even a good boxer,such as Ali,can be neutralized with thigh kicks.

Filth
Bruce lee

Deano
Hwang Jang Lee who starred in drunken master killed someone in a fight by kicking them in the head

During his tour of duty as a martial arts instructor in Vietnam he was challenged by a south Vietnamese knife expert. The challenge was over 30 seconds later. His opponent lay dead, killed by a well executed round kick to the head by Hwang

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>