dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthhova
why isn't dooku's eyes yellow and red, like every other sith?

Tulak Hord
Because he hasn't given in to hate.

Tulak Hord
Maul is full of hate, and Anakin fell into the pit of hate, hate directed towards Obi-Wan. But Dooku is just a Dark Jedi.

Malic Clanorian
because i think there eyes turn yellow when there at the peak of there rage/emotion...maul was pure evil so he was always like that...anakins seemed to change only when he was about to kill someone or went crazy...palpatine well hes just dag nasty evil...dooku was more of an easy going sith...didn't seem like he went outta the way to kill people...like the others did

darthhova
well i don't think thats why for some reason, but don't you think they should've had him in it alittle longer though?

StinkFist462
yea it could have been a lil longer, but his death was cool as hell so its all good

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Because he hasn't given in to hate.

Labyrinth of Evil supports this theory. Dooku thinks to himself:

"Even the most hateful could be defeated. Even the most angry. There should be no emotion in killing, no self, only the act."

So Dooku doesn't allow his emotions to get in the way when he fights. No hatred or anger, just the fight itself. So, he doesn't have moments of extreme emotion like Maul, Vader, or Sidious and he doesn't get the yellow eyes (if that is in fact the cause for them).

Deadlyshot07
Dooku isnt a TRUE sith.

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by Torik_Shai
Labyrinth of Evil supports this theory. Dooku thinks to himself:

"Even the most hateful could be defeated. Even the most angry. There should be no emotion in killing, no self, only the act."

So Dooku doesn't allow his emotions to get in the way when he fights. No hatred or anger, just the fight itself. So, he doesn't have moments of extreme emotion like Maul, Vader, or Sidious and he doesn't get the yellow eyes (if that is in fact the cause for them).

Isn't that lack of emotion part of the Jedi teachings? It seems Dooku was a just a spy for those Jedi bastards. I knew they suspected Palpatine all along!

MACE_SKYWALKER
Dooku seemed like a nice Sith. A kind of 'your favourite Uncle at Xmas' sort of ex-Jedi you really like.

palpy is an attention seeking sith who loves the limelight and vader is a wuss sith who cries. He does not workout!

POWJ
Sith eyes have to do with ones connection to the Darkside which requires a great deal of focus hate and rage. Sidious is pure evil so eyes always glow.Maul spent many years training in meditation to stay connected. You dont see dookus eyes cause he never gets angry enough in the movies. It may also to do with his years of training and discpline as a Jedi master before becoming a sith. Anakins eyes you only see when he is enraged killing the sepratist.
It seems in order to have sith eyes you have to let the dark side flow thru you freely and be enraged.

Deadlyshot07
Yeah, that is what i was thinking too.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by MACE_SKYWALKER
Dooku seemed like a nice Sith. A kind of 'your favourite Uncle at Xmas' sort of ex-Jedi you really like.

ROFL laughing Thats always been my thinking too...

@F1
Dracula-Saruman-Dooku. The man's a living legend.

CellDweller
His eyes didn't turn yellow............but his teeth sure did!!!!!!!.......and his lower teeth looked all crooked......I didn't notice them like this in epII, guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I watch ATOC

Tulak Hord
What can ya say? Sith don't have a good dental plan.

The Biker Scout
They are brown cause he's FULL O' SHIT

deaconbluez
Whoever said Dooku is not a Sith but just a Dark Jedi is incorrect if I'm not mistaken.

He was Sidious' Sith apprentice through the clone wars and even took a Sith name: "Darth Tyranus".

I think he is unique as a Sith in that he seemed to have focused on becoming an excellent swordsman, and he didn't seem to worry about channeling anger and tapping into the dark side that much. Its been said that he left the Jedi council primarily because of Qui-Gon's death, and he held the council accountable for that.

I think if he had the chance, he would have killed Sidious. He seemed to be a Sith only because it served his appetite for power better than being a Jedi. His words to Obi-Wan where he asked him to join him and "destroy the Sith"....I think he was really looking for someone to help him do just that.

Jard_Dooku
What about the line, he said to anakin " You have anger, but you do not use it" or something like that..it was in the videogame and in the film as well i think

DeVi| D0do
I'd have liked to hear more bantering/badgering in the Dooku duel... but yeah, that line was cool.

CharmedGrl420
I dont know much of star wars history but nothing else here like CHARMED forums are talking so Ill give it a go, The classy rich old uncle moneybags seemed to proud to get all yellow and gross eyed, he reminded me of a count dracula prestegious type,( I love horror) thought he was just it and from what my husband made me listen to on audio novel(which only part I paid attention to) Douku had the sith thing going on deeply just to classy to get nasty, sorry if that sounds unstar wars like but hey I tried!

@F1
Stick too ironing :P

Robin Darkside
stay in the kitchen

Ogami Itto
hey whats the matter with u guys?? dont u like girls??

Jack Daniels
heh yeah I think Ill keep her in the kitchen!.... yes To much of Jack Daniels for her last night!!drunk

grey fox
he didn't often go on about hate/anger it seemed he was more focused then any of the others but he is a sith I am sure of that he blatantly states it in one of his qutoes (which i will now put up)

Ventress: "I am Sith."
Dooku: "A bold play, but you are not Sith. You wear the trappings of the Sith. You fight like the Sith. But this can be imitated, however. You lack a vital quality found in all Sith. Sith have no fear, and I sense much fear in you."
Ventress: "You are a foolish old man who knows nothing of the Dark side!"
Dooku: "Indeed." (before force lightning her)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by grey fox
he didn't often go on about hate/anger it seemed he was more focused then any of the others but he is a sith I am sure of that he blatantly states it in one of his qutoes (which i will now put up)

Ventress: "I am Sith."
Dooku: "A bold play, but you are not Sith. You wear the trappings of the Sith. You fight like the Sith. But this can be imitated, however. You lack a vital quality found in all Sith. Sith have no fear, and I sense much fear in you."
Ventress: "You are a foolish old man who knows nothing of the Dark side!"
Dooku: "Indeed." (before force lightning her)

I never got that line during the Clone Wars. Fear leads to the darkside so how can the sith have no fear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.