If you were in Anakin's shoes (boots.. whatever)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
If you were in Anakin's position, would you be able to go through with wiping out the Jedi (including the younglings)?

DeVi| D0do
I'm not stupid enough to believe Palpatine's lies...

And even if he were telling the truth sacrificing hundreds of peoples (and childrens!) lives is not worth saving one life, no matter how hot Natalie Portman is, even if she is my true love.... I'm sure she'd understand wink

so, no... I wouldn't have the balls... if you could call it that. No, in fact having balls would be doing what I'd do... sacrificing my wife.

kremzike
I voted yes, but with the feeling that Anakin's story is overblown for dramatic entertainment purposes. But i've always been able to relate to Anakin. To understand his plight. And I know that if I were put into a more realistic situation that paralleled his, i'd find it difficult to resist "the dark side" if I believed it would save the one I loved. I'm a very protective man, and Anakin believed he was doing all these things to protect his wife. I can't tell you how full of rage i've been when i've felt someone was threatening her, and how there have been times when i've felt like I wouldn't be strong enough to protect her if needed. If someone offered me a solution to that, i'd probably jump at it and maybe not even realize what bad things I might have done until it was too late..

What a long post just to say "yes." Eh, I guess I always make long winded posts nowadays.

Red Superfly
No. I'd have cut Palpatine to shreads as he stood there grinning at me, confident that I'd turn.

I mean, why the hell would I join the Sith after they caused so much pain? And the fact that I would have rescued Palpatine from a Sith Lord earlier that day would make me add a few things up that would scream "Set up".

The fact he says "I can give you a power to save life" and then realise all he has done is destroy it, and that he looks old himself, I'd be a little skeptical over such claims. I'd be very much like "You're talking bollocks mate, off with your head".

palpy_666
I would probably do it... cuz little kids and sidewalk preachers (Jedi) are annoying. laughing

Boris
Slice n' dice!

Fishy
Yes I would...

Anakin isn't to happy with the Jedi anymore either, he never knew who to trust more and the Jedi at least at first ask him to betray his idea's more then Sidious does.

Sidious offers him peace and his wife at a relatively small price for such grand things.

Anakin realises that the Jedi and the Republic are flawed and that something has to change, he already says it in Episode two. He obviously believes he has a reason to do it.

And if I had to make a split second decision to either save my wife and a great friend or my boss, i would definitely choose the first two. **** Mace let him die. Once Anakin killed Mace there was really no going back. He had to continue, so in conclusion yes I would do the same as Anakin did. I would probably just run the hell away form Obi leave him alone on that planet and kill Palpatine. Seeing as it would probably be hard to kill your brother/father friend and mentor of such a long time.

Then again if I thought he tried to put my wife up against me after I had just gone threw a hell trying to save her, I could see myself trying to kill him. I hope I would run though, I like my legs

Sadako of Girth
People drop bombs on kids all the time in the world in war....
(Trying to protect what they believe in..)
So whether or not I myself would do it is another matter, it does go on an awful lot... sad

wuk es't
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'm not stupid enough to believe Palpatine's lies...

And even if he were telling the truth sacrificing hundreds of peoples (and childrens!) lives is not worth saving one life, no matter how hot Natalie Portman is, even if she is my true love.... I'm sure she'd understand wink

so, no... I wouldn't have the balls... if you could call it that. No, in fact having balls would be doing what I'd do... sacrificing my wife.
You have no balls? stick out tongue

Darth Macabre
I would do anything to save the woman i love but i would have shown the kids a little more mercy. I mean whipe out the old Jedi theres no one to teach them, so you could just let them go there no threat. Anyway if you are such a big bad guy like Darth Sidious and Vader they shouldnt be scared of young padawans.

kremzike
Young Padawans grow up to become skilled Jedi. Skilled Jedi battle the Sith. It's kind of the equivalent of killing your enemy while they're sleeping... which I just recalled is what happened to Plagueis! Back on topic, the Padawans were potential Jedi, so killing them now when they're not a threat will prevent them from becoming a threat later. He had to "do what must be done." They both agreed that the Jedi would kill them once they found out that they killed Mace Windu & such. That means all Jedi. Even future Jedi.

astrofan428
Cant belive it but I voted yes.

I wouldnt just all of the sudden go "Hey I am going to go slaughter some kiddies". But I have thought that Anakin does have reasons for going. And me personally, I can get really protective of people I hold close, and I no for a fact there is a very dark place in my head.

grey fox
nope as soon as i found out that palpy had even a inkling of the dark inside in him i would slice him to shreds

ragesRemorse
I wouldnt have been able to attack mace windu, not when the entire war was about to be resolved.

Darth_Nefarus
I would have wasted Palpatine as soon as I knew he was a Sith. The Jedi destroy the Sith, that's the only time murder is acceptable by Jedi standards.
Destroy that which is evil, so that that which is good may flourish

kremzike
I'm not saying everyone should answer as I did, but I do think that everyone should recall everything that lead up to the Mace/Palp/Anakin confrontation. Remember that Anakin feels closer to Palpatine than almost anyone else. He's been a trusted mentor for years. Add all that to the fact that Anakin has been told that the Dark Side has the power he needs, and the fact that Anakin has felt shut out by the Council. It's not like he just met Palpatine today and he told him, "I can teach you how to use the dark side to save your wife" and he made a spot on decision to kill or side with him. He had built up many years of trust with Palpatine, and palpatine was offering to help him, not harm him. Anyone who simply says they would instantly kill their trusted mentor in this situation isn't considering any of the background. Now, if someone says they would consider everything and then comes to the conclusion that they would have to kill Palpatine, that's a much more reasonable response to me.

Robin Darkside
No, I would not go along with the darkside, I would have listened to Yoda. I would train myself to let go of the things that I feared to lose. Death is a part life. come on now, the FATE of the galaxy is at stake here, and Anakin was being selfish. Dam it, Anakin should have stayed at the temple, and gain Mace's trust, then he would have been made a master, and the sith would be dead. He would have to explain to the council about Padme, but at least he would have his kids. I'm sure he can go on living without Padme. Its what she would want. Balance of the force would be made. There still may have been a chance that she would have survived. He should have listened to the narrow view of the jedi, Yoda is only 900 years old, full of wisdom.

Palpatine isn't cool. He really sucks if you think about it.

It all works out in the end, but takes many more lives. I got to remember this is a movie

smeep

green dude
I wouldn't be caught dead in that Darth Vader suit and Palps i wouldn't belive him he's a sith hello Ani but seriously. He didn't do any mind trick and he obeys like a dog.

But i wouldn't kill the Jedi or younglings i would make it look like i had gone to the darkside. I would have trained my self to let go or a least see what happens then no join darkside Padme dying or orphans.

Anikan should have pretended to go to the darkside and kill Palps he Obi-wan and Yoda would kick butt. But no more movies than.

But he didn't he should have confessed he should have told Yoda that he was married and had two babbies and tell him he killed all those sand people than Yoda would give him advice (he would be kinda angry but would understand) even though he went agianst Jedi ways. And Yoda finds out in the end and wouldn't they notice Padme has gain weight?

I would notice right away are they blind yeash they can sense people with out seeing them but can't she padmes pregnat and she right infront of them stick out tongue . and why didn't they notice that they Ani & padme had feeling for each other " blind they are not by darkside see don't ":/

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by kremzike
I voted yes, but with the feeling that Anakin's story is overblown for dramatic entertainment purposes. But i've always been able to relate to Anakin. To understand his plight. And I know that if I were put into a more realistic situation that paralleled his, i'd find it difficult to resist "the dark side" if I believed it would save the one I loved. I'm a very protective man, and Anakin believed he was doing all these things to protect his wife. I can't tell you how full of rage i've been when i've felt someone was threatening her, and how there have been times when i've felt like I wouldn't be strong enough to protect her if needed. If someone offered me a solution to that, i'd probably jump at it and maybe not even realize what bad things I might have done until it was too late..

What a long post just to say "yes." Eh, I guess I always make long winded posts nowadays.

This my friends is PURE POETRY I AGREE BIG TIME!

matreid
Anakin is clearly a nutcase. He got what he deserved. I would definetly not have been so stupid to do what he did.

dark1365
If I were in Anakin's shoes, I'd tell Palpatine to go f--k himself.

Heather 29
No I wouldn't, I would not have joined Palpatines side at all.
If I was anikin I would have did what the jedi council wanted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.