Anakin's force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Where is Anakin's force lightning? In the video game Anakin shoots force lightning. I think it would have just gone even further in showing just how powerful Vader was if they would have shown him using it when he was hunting down the Jedi or the Seperatists. I don't think becasue he was inexperienced, it didn't matter, he was powerful and both Palpatine and Dooku used it. I understand why he couldn't when he was older and in the suit, and that's becasue his arms weren't real but I just thought we'd see him have some from his left hand.

DeVi| D0do
Anakin using lightning would have lessened the effect of Palpatine using it on Yoda IMO.

pr1983
and not forgetting he did the force choke...

DeVi| D0do
I think it would have been nice if Anakin lifted Padme off the ground like Dooku did...

smoker4
In the novel he does, he force throws her

pr1983
Originally posted by smoker4
In the novel he does, he force throws her

in the comic i think he did too...

ShotgunWes
Well, suited Vader could block a blaster with jsut his hand. I've never seen anyone else do that. Ever. So he must still be pretty powerful in the suit. Remember in ESB Han shoots at Vader multiple times and he deflects the blasts easily with his hand.

Red Superfly
Yeah, I wish people would quit saying that Vader can't do lightning. I explained before that lightning is summoned OUTSIDE of the body. It wouldn't even touch Vader if he used it. Seeing as he is powerful with the force, lightning is easily within his grasp. He just doesn't need it.

Vader's a force choke kinda guy anyway. So much more suited to his character.

Vanquish
Ya force choke is Vaders M.O. basically. It would have taken away from palpy and dooku if anakin was also using force lightning. I think it's best that we assume all dark jedi's and Siths can do force lightning, but some of them just choose not to. And as far as Vader not being able to do it because he has no hands, that's just rediculous. Red superfly is right, the lightning would have nothing to do with his hands or his suit. It's external.

yerssot
be glad he doesn't do lightning, overuse makes it look so ordinary when it should still be special

DarkYoda
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I think it would have been nice if Anakin lifted Padme off the ground like Dooku did...

When did Dooku lift Padme off the ground? confused

jjwil76
force lightning is no fun. everytime i do it, it chaffes the scrotum. maybe i'm shooting out of the wrong place...hmm.

yerssot
Originally posted by DarkYoda
When did Dooku lift Padme off the ground? confused
he means that in EpII Dooku uses lightning and throws Anakin against the wall while still shocking him

DarkYoda
Originally posted by yerssot
he means that in EpII Dooku uses lightning and throws Anakin against the wall while still shocking him

Now that I have thought about it a bit, in Ep 3, Dooku choked Obi-Wan and lifted him off the ground while kicking Anakin from behind. Then he threw Obi-Wan (if my memory serves me correct stick out tongue )

muserke
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
Well, suited Vader could block a blaster with jsut his hand. I've never seen anyone else do that. Ever. So he must still be pretty powerful in the suit. Remember in ESB Han shoots at Vader multiple times and he deflects the blasts easily with his hand.
Obi-Wan does that in the Clone Wars cartoon.

JKozzy
Originally posted by yerssot
be glad he doesn't do lightning, overuse makes it look so ordinary when it should still be special Very true.

lau_timmy
There were other elements in the video game that would have made the movie a masterpiece, included force lightning from Anakins good hand. How about the extended Mace Windu Anakin scene, Cin Drallig or the killing of the librarian of the Jedi archives?

Darth_Nefarus
He never did it because he never learned the power. DERRRR

vader519
Darth Nefarus is right, you can't just learn force lighting in one day. It takes time and lots of studying to do it. Do you think Dooku just learned it when he turned to the dark side. Also Vader cannot use it at all. If you read the ROTS Visual Dictonary, it says because Vader has mechanical arms now, he has lost any ability to use force lighting, and he is vulerable to it. MEaning if he gets struke with force lighting it will get him. That is why he dies in ROTJ, when he picks up the Palpatine, and Palpatines force lighting engulfs Vader as he throws him down the windpipe.

proffitt
Actually, not to seem like a "know-it-all" or anything, the Episode III Visual Dictionary states that because of his artificial limbs, Anakin/Vader will NEVER be able to conjure Sith lightning and he will NEVER be invulnerable to it. [That may be why he tells Luke "Nothing can stop that now" when he tells Luke to help him take his mask off and Luke says "But, you'll die."

Maybe the reason Vader listens to Sidious is in part because he feels as though he is lost and also because he knows that the Sith lightning will fry his suit.

Just a thought.

proffitt
Meaning that I meant to agree with what vader519 said. I mistyped my first sentence. Sorry about that.

palpy_666
Originally posted by proffitt
Maybe the reason Vader listens to Sidious is in part because he feels as though he is lost and also because he knows that the Sith lightning will fry his suit.

Just a thought.

Once I saw Obi-Wan's saber absorb Dooku's lightning in Ep. II, the value of Force Lightning (in my mind) completely decreased. If Vader's memory served him well, I'm sure he would've considered using his saber as a deflecting device for Sidious' lightning IF he ever considered rising up against him.

Boris
Simple, Anakin out of the suit is with the dark side for a relativity short time before the duel, he probably either didn't know how to use it or preferred not to. After he is in the suit he simple cannot use it, even if he knew how, it is what killed him after all.

palpy_666
Originally posted by Boris
Simple, Anakin out of the suit is with the dark side for a relativity short time before the duel, he probably either didn't know how to use it or preferred not to. After he is in the suit he simple cannot use it, even if he knew how, it is what killed him after all.

I agree. I don't think Anakin had time to learn Force lightning. This ability is only accessible to Anakin in the ROTS game because it makes for a better experience.

proffitt
Quote: from Palpy 666: Once I saw Obi-Wan's saber absorb Dooku's lightning in Ep. II, the value of Force Lightning (in my mind) completely decreased. If Vader's memory served him well, I'm sure he would've considered using his saber as a deflecting device for Sidious' lightning IF he ever considered rising up against him.

Maybe he would have used his saber, but Yoda uses his against Sidious, but Sidious knocks it out of Yoda's hand with lightning, then Yoda is forced to use his knowledge of the force to absorb the lightning. This technique is something that Vader could never do since he has artificial limbs.

Bicnarok

astrofan428
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Anniken died because the Helmet which kept him alive and breathing (the famous breathing noise) he removed it to see his son with his own eyes even though he knew he would die. I think he said somet about it too.

I dont believe that is why he died, I think that simply sped up the process. The lightning did him in, you could hear the problems he had breathing. That is why he said "nothing can stop that now."

Bicnarok

Boris
Yes.. the suit did keep him alive, and the lightning fecked it up, so he died....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.