han and chewbacca

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obiwan633
how do han solo and chewbacca become friends?

Red Superfly
Chewbacca gives birth to Han.

obiwan633
no really i want to know

Darth_Duffy
How the hell is anyone supposed to know that?
unless its written in some EU book somehwere

Red Superfly
We don't know yet.

Expanded Universe has stated that Han, while in the Imperial Academy, freed Chewie from the Empires enslavement, because all the wookies were apparently enslaved by The Empire at some point. Cheiw has a life debt for sorting him out.

Sounds good enough to me.

adele2k5
dont believe the expnaded universe its not GL its other people that have followed on the story in GL's eyes starwars is the movies not the books unless its the starwars book of the film.

PVS
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Chewbacca gives birth to Han.

laughing out loud what a horrible image you put in my brain

Red Superfly
Originally posted by adele2k5
dont believe the expnaded universe its not GL its other people that have followed on the story in GL's eyes starwars is the movies not the books unless its the starwars book of the film.

I don't. I don't like EU much either, and I don't take it as canon.

I said "Sounds good enough for me", so I meant it's a good enough explanation until George tells us exactly how they hooked up.

A part of me doesn't even want to know.

@F1
Han Solo rescued Chewie from enslavement, I read it in Dark Forces Rising, along time ago.

smoker4
Originally posted by @F1
Han Solo rescued Chewie from enslavement, I read it in Dark Forces Rising, along time ago.

Must be true then laughing out loud

laughing out loud

DCLXVI
It actually makes perfect sense, that Han rescued Chewie from enslavement. What could better warrant a life-debt?

It was made even larger a deal when in the Chewbacca comic-book anthology, it was explained that Han was actually the cause of Chewie's enslavement.

Originally posted by adele2k5

Well, this is somewhat idiotic, because Chewie being a slave and Han Solo rescueing him from slavery has been every bit "canon", (and as close to being "canon" as anything can get), as was also the fact that Vader was sent into a volcano by Ben, (as said by GL back in the 70's-80's). wink

In fact, Chewbacca being a slave and Han rescueing him has been apart of the "EU" since the very beginning. It was talked about and insinuated in Brian Daley's Han Solo Trilogy back in the 70's, and he have talked to GL long and hard to understand the characters to their full extent.

However, GL almost ruined this by putting Han Solo in the early drafts of RotS, being raised by Chewbacca on Kashyyyk.

darth_royke
when you say dont beleive the EU, what makes you think that this doesnt get the thumbs up from GL? he takes care of the universe, and makes sure that all stories are sound before letting them get published. i'm sure if he could live for a another century he'd make more films, before and after. realistically of course that wont happen. its also hard to get actors to return to the same roles. if something in the EU was wrong, it wouldnt have gotton published in the first place. of course theres conflicts, but when isn't there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.