What if you died today.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonnet
If you were facing death at this very moment, would it scare you.? Will you be at peace because you know where you are going?

Many people because of their religion say they are sure about what happens when you die and afterwards. I think that even if you believe you do know it must be scary knowing that you are about to leave all that is familiar to you.

Storm
I' m comfortable with the nature of life and death, and that we come to an end. Tough end...? Our culture equates death with separation, with the end of who we are...

debbiejo
Considering I was raised in the Christian church I would say Heaven.. I was baptised Catholic, then protestant..and then started to hear voices...Telling me to come out of Babylon my people..so I did.

WindDancer
Yes and no. Death is something we will confront one day. But there are so many things that I feel the need to finish. And it would pain me not finish them. Especial those things that require my spiritual attention.

PrinceofBlades
I wouldn't be afraid. Only because I totally agree with what Yoda said about life and death (third episode for those who don't know. And for those who haven't seen it, go watch it, it was good.)

finti
then I die pissed off that I wouldnt see my daughter grow up

mssharrow
yes, that would be hard for you..... and I agree with Wind, I'm ready anytime & anywhere if I know I did what I have to do, like my purpose to be here. I will be scared to face God if I'm not good enough, serving him during my days here. Well, that's how I feel.

finti
oh a rendezvous with god would have made my day, wouldnt been your god best of days though

Imperial_Samura
I doubt I would be scared, but annoyed perhaps.

texas-killah
Oh..,I would be scared cuz I'm not going to paradise anyway lol
have too many sins *g*

sonnet
Originally posted by finti
then I die pissed off that I wouldnt see my daughter grow up

I am not afraid of death as such as I believe that I'll be with God when I die but I also have a little daughter whom I would prefer to see grow up. Presently I would wonder if I have fulfilled my purpose on earth to the best I could.

I always get so frustrated when a child dies and someone tells him/her that God needed them in Heaven. It is so untrue, because I believe that God knows how much a child would need to have his /her parents.

sonnet
oh a rendezvous with god would have made my day, wouldnt been your god best of days though

roll eyes (sarcastic) I wonder why?

finti
you ought to too cause I would have uncovered this laughable charade

I have to agree on this one, only difference is that it pisses me off when they say it is the way this so called god works......what a load of crap

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
I am not afraid of death as such as I believe that I'll be with God when I die but I also have a little daughter whom I would prefer to see grow up. Presently I would wonder if I have fulfilled my purpose on earth to the best I could.

I always get so frustrated when a child dies and someone tells him/her that God needed them in Heaven. It is so untrue, because I believe that God knows how much a child would need to have his /her parents.

There is an interesting alternate view. With reincarnation it is stated that before we come here we pick the trials we go through and when we die. The purpose is because we want to experience all the ways in which life evolves which we can't do in spirit form..Many chose not to reincarnate at all. And most people around you are spirits that you have known through many reincarnations...Just another view of death...

sonnet
you ought to too cause I would have uncovered this laughable charade

I have to agree on this one, only difference is that it pisses me off when they say it is the way this so called god works......what a load of crap

Well one of us will be doing this.. Happy Dance
We'll have to wait and see.

But I agree on the crap part. God does not take innocent lives. I think this is a lie people invented to make them feel better about losing someone.

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
There is an interesting alternate view. With reincarnation it is stated that before we come here we pick the trials we go through and when we die. The purpose is because we want to experience all the ways in which life evolves which we can't do in spirit form..Many chose not to reincarnate at all. And most people around you are spirits that you have known through many reincarnations...Just another view of death...

I must say that I see reincarnation as a way of getting off easily after spending a lifetime of doing bad things. Why worry, when you can come back and make up for it in a another life. This view is based on what I have heard from people who believe in reincarnation. To me this means that no one will ever be held accountable for their actions while they are alive.

Storm
The idea that the soul reincarnates is linked to karma. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future.

Karma comes in good karma, which leads to positive/pleasurable experiences, like high rebirth, and bad karma which leads to suffering and low rebirth (as a hell-sufferer, as a preta, or as an animal).

There is also a completely different type of karma that is neither good nor bad, but liberating. This karma allows for the individual to break the uncontrolled cycle of rebirth which always implies suffering, and to permanently enter Nirvana.

lilmisskitten
i wouldnt be scared as i live a i dont care attitude anyway way i dont think this is real life i think this is just a pathway we go through before we get to the good part big grin

JesusIsAlive
Considering I was raised in the Christian church I would say Heaven.. I was baptised Catholic, then protestant..and then started to hear voices...Telling me to come out of Babylon my people..so I did.

So then why do you deny Jesus now? I have proof of your denial.

Alliance
Um. We all new that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
So then why do you deny Jesus now? I have proof of your denial.

She like Jesus, it's you she dose not like. cool

Alliance
ninja

Proof of her denial might be the only proof you've provided ever on this site.

fini
She has belief. Its just that she does not swim in a sea of ignorance and prejudice. Something that you JIA have mastered quite well.

Fëanor
Then there'd be one less person to feed, yep.

debbiejo
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
So then why do you deny Jesus now? I have proof of your denial. I have always said I used to be a Christian, a very strong one that would die for my faith.......that is not a secret. But my nature is curious, always has been, so I did my studies to see what would please god the most. What I found is god doesn't need pleasing, otherwise it wouldn't be a god.......It would be lacking of something if "IT NEEDED SOMETHING"......What I would call god is way beyond us all........It is something that we cannot comprehend at all....not at all.........and religion is a tool that try to understand and comprehend it but fails miserably at it.............IT JUST IS...........doesn't matter what you think......or your belief IT DOESN'T CARE.........it just is.........and is part of us and gives what we dwell on............It's part of evolution, which is our thoughts.......always creating........I've found this to be true in my life for sure.

Regret
If you were facing death at this very moment, would it scare you.? Will you be at peace because you know where you are going?

Many people because of their religion say they are sure about what happens when you die and afterwards. I think that even if you believe you do know it must be scary knowing that you are about to leave all that is familiar to you. I do not understand why death is viewed as either a thing to be feared when it is yourself dying, or saddened when it is another dying. Regardless of the beliefs that one has, death is one of two things, release from everything existent in life, or an enlightening experience as to the nature of the afterlife, perhaps both. Either way, the advent of death should be welcomed, imo.

If I have restated anyone else's posts I am sorry, didn't feel like reading through them.

JesusIsAlive
I have always said I used to be a Christian, a very strong one that would die for my faith.......that is not a secret. But my nature is curious, always has been, so I did my studies to see what would please god the most. What I found is god doesn't need pleasing, otherwise it wouldn't be a god.......It would be lacking of something if "IT NEEDED SOMETHING"......What I would call god is way beyond us all........It is something that we cannot comprehend at all....not at all.........and religion is a tool that try to understand and comprehend it but fails miserably at it.............IT JUST IS...........doesn't matter what you think......or your belief IT DOESN'T CARE.........it just is.........and is part of us and gives what we dwell on............It's part of evolution, which is our thoughts.......always creating........I've found this to be true in my life for sure.

Curious: why do you put so many ellipseses (is that a word?) between your thoughts?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
I do not understand why death is viewed as either a thing to be feared when it is yourself dying, or saddened when it is another dying. Regardless of the beliefs that one has, death is one of two things, release from everything existent in life, or an enlightening experience as to the nature of the afterlife, perhaps both. Either way, the advent of death should be welcomed, imo.

If I have restated anyone else's posts I am sorry, didn't feel like reading through them.

Because regardless of whether or not the experience is wondorful, none of us truly know what it's like...

For all we know, what if Athiests are right? What if we become absolutely nothing we die ? What a horrible reality that would be, wouldn't it ?

We don't know...

And on top of that, when someone you love dies, you don't truly know if you will EVER see them again....that SEPARATION is what HURTS so much...not necessarily the death itself, but the separation from your beloved is excruciatingly painful....

On top of that, if you know you are going to die tomorrow, likewise, you have no idea if you may ever see your loved ones again....

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Because regardless of whether or not the experience is wondorful, none of us truly know what it's like...

For all we know, what if Athiests are right? What if we become absolutely nothing we die ? What a horrible reality that would be, wouldn't it ?

We don't know...

And on top of that, when someone you love dies, you don't truly know if you will EVER see them again....that SEPARATION is what HURTS so much...not necessarily the death itself, but the separation from your beloved is excruciatingly painful....

On top of that, if you know you are going to die tomorrow, likewise, you have no idea if you may ever see your loved ones again.... How can "nothing" inspire fear? If loved ones exist beyond this life then there is no need for fear or sadness. If they do not, it renders such attachments continuing past death as of no value. How does this inspire fear and sadness?

ThePittman
If I died today then I would be dead and couldn't think about it any way. stick out tongue I would be more concerned about what I would be missing then where I'm going.

ADarksideJedi
Everyone would fear death.THey have no idea where they maybe going.Only God knows.So I would be hoping that I would go to heaven.jm

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Everyone would fear death.THey have no idea where they maybe going.Only God knows.So I would be hoping that I would go to heaven.jm

God can't know if he doesn't exist... no

debbiejo
I'm really not afraid to die, honestly......................I would feel a bit of relief of some sort.........Life is a struggle!..I would miss it soooo much though......so much...but I think that this is just another play we have chose for our own benefit..............this is only another play........You make it what it is.........and with this..........it doesn't bother me that my time would come.......

finti
guess i be dead then to bad for me, really really to bad for my kids

JaehSkywalker

Many people because of their religion say they are sure about what happens when you die and afterwards. I think that even if you believe you do know it must be scary knowing that you are about to leave all that is familiar to you.

hmm.... maybe sorta scared, but i know that i'm going to heaven soo...

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
How can "nothing" inspire fear? If loved ones exist beyond this life then there is no need for fear or sadness. If they do not, it renders such attachments continuing past death as of no value. How does this inspire fear and sadness?

Becoming nothing may inspire either fear or depression of some sort. I, personally, would rather end up as some form of existance, than cease to be...

Whether or not loved ones exist after this life is irrelevant, because you may or may not ever see them again, either way. If you're relative was lost on an uncharted island, but you have no confirmation of his or her death, you'd still be in worry and pain.

Likewise, if your loved one died, you really have no idea what happens to them...and either way, whether thier afterlife is good or not, you may never see them again.....that's enough reason to be upset.

I disagree with your third state....relationships do not need to be eternal to hold any personal value.

I don't care if my mother ceases to exist after her life is done. I still love her the same, regardless. If you found out that you and your mother will stop existing after your lives are over, will you stop loving her? Will you stop caring about her, and render your relationship with her "of no value" ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.