Best Lightsaber Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Which was the best lightsaber Fight??

Bobafetty
Dooku vs. Yoda

eleveninches
I would list them like this:

1. Dooku/Anakin (ep3)
2. Maul/Obi-Wan

I was dissapointed by the anakin/obiwan fight. It does have some cool moves, but it is mostly way too fast, with a stupid amount of parries, and you really cant see what is going on

Bobafetty
True, but it was still cool.

Darth L. Dipsit
Yoda's fight was kick-ass of course, but I actually preferred the fight in ROTJ where Luke fought Vader. It was just so GREAT. For me, at least - maybe I have poor taste. It's just that the build-up was so AWESOME! And then when Vader found out about Luke's twin sister and Luke attacked - oh, that was just perfect.

Darth_Nefarus
No, the ROTJ fight was awesome because of the emotions and the implications of what was going down.

Darth_Glentract
I like Luke vs. Vader the best

Darth L. Dipsit
Yeah - special effects are not the only variable here, are they? Because I'm assuming they are. If not, then you are right, but that goes without saying. No offense meant, Mr. Nefarus, sir.

I was wondering if they were, seeing as the ROTJ fight was not on the list. If they are though, then I'm going to have to change my vote. However, special effects alone seems a little bit shallow, but then again I'm probably just being nitpicky. Sorry, Mr. eleveninches, sir. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your thread.

Bobafetty
lol Dipsit can't help being nice.

Darth_Janus
I liked Mace versus Sidious. We get to see Mace swing more than three times, and he punks the hell out of Sidious, proving that the dark lord of the Sith is no match for the only Jedi with rhythm. Always bet on black, son. Ye-ah!

Fishy
Of that list, Mace vs Sidious in all fights ever Vader vs Luke in ESB...

When you heard Vader say Luke I am your father, the duel just got so much more emotion so much more power. I loved that duel smile

Bobafetty
dito

Darth Plagues
Luke vs. Vader is my favorite lightsaber battle out of all.

Bobafetty
Vader vs. Yoda would be awesome

SnakeEyes
Still have not seen Episode 3 yet... Just 2 more days!!! I am hoping I will like Anakin versus Obi-wan the best...

eleveninches
IMO, the anakin dooku fight is better than the anakin/kenobi fight, as you can actually see what is going on in the anakin/dooku fight

Clone-pilot
The Anakin VS Obi Wan battle was awesome just for the sheer length and intensity of it , but for the wow factor I think Darth Maul VS Obi Wan and Qui-gon-jin just tips it . Happy Dance

Doctor Strange
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Vs. Darth Maul

Kun-ni Habeo
ani vs. obi

eleveninches
The maul/obi-wan part of the duel at the end of episode 1 was AWESOME.

Although if you watch some of the japanese samurai movies, which have more realistic fight scenes, you will notice that when experienced swordsmen are fighting, they dont parry each other anywhere near as much as is shown in movie fights.

Wanderer259
The RotJ fight, as a fight in itself, makes me gnash my teeth.

Darth L. Dipsit
In a bad way? Why, sir?

Wanderer259
Keep in mind that I'm talking purely from a "fighter's perspective", in a way. As a dramatic element, the fight is beautiful. But the way it goes makes me roll my eyes.

At first, the fight's fine. It's the very second that Luke ignites his saber in rage that the fight tumbles down "The Hill of BS" (tm). Vader provokes Luke after searching his mind and Luke comes at him through ambush; this is fine. However, Luke falls into using one tactic: swing home. Literally swinging his lightsaber from side to side like a deranged chimp, Vader is somehow unable to do nothing more than deflect Luke's lightsaber and back away. More deranged horizontal swinging and we're left with Vader somehow tripping like a scared female in a B-grade horror movie and letting Luke hammer at him for a few moments before Luke decides, "Hey, I'll cut his hand off. Won't that be a kicker?!"

If Vader had any semblance of skill, it would've been all too easy for him to overcome an enraged opponent whose skill becomes handicapped when angry. Every wide, horizontal swing presents an opportunity for either a thrust or vertical strike. Luke ends up turned sideways, bouncing his saber into other objects often, giving an easy shot at that entire side of his body and positioning his weapon so that he would've been unable to do anything about it. Luke was more open than an all you can eat buffet on its opening day and yet he somehow still won.

Any sort of perceived "power" that Luke might've had during the fight had nothing to do with it and from my own opinion, I think it proves that Vader really didn't want to kill Luke. Otherwise, he would have. Luke presented him with far too many opportunities, and if we're led to believe that Vader gave it his all in both mind-set and ability, then it really is a badly written, or perhaps badly performed, fight.

Darth L. Dipsit
OHHHHHH.

Yeah, I agree that Vader falling down was COMPLETELY unbelievable. He had no reason to do so. Although if you account for Luke's overwhelming aura in his hatred, I think anyone would have fallen. But I do know what you mean. In the film it did look like he leaned back against the rail for NO GODDAM REASON. Blame the man in the suit (David Prowse - not a professional actor). It's really the actor's fault. And when Luke kept hitting his stationary saber - Vader wasn't even fighting back! That, admittedly, sucked a little bit (unless you rationalize it by saying that Luke's anger was overwhelming them both). However, the whole scene, I thought, was cool otherwise.

Bobafetty
Yah it was.

Wanderer259
Indeed. Otherwise, it was fine. The fact that it's slow doesn't degrade its coolness; a duel doesn't have to be a blazing flurry of lightsaber blades a-swinging to be awesome.

Bobafetty
but to be SUPER awesome it does.

Fishy
No it doesn't... The PT fights are annoying too at times...

Anyways Wanderer like you said that just proves Vader did not want to kill Luke

SnakeEyes
Okay, I saw Episode Three and the Anakin/Obi-wan fight is my new favorite...

Serra_Keto
I liked the fight with Mace and Palpatine. I got the feel of a really angry Mace, made the scene really enjoyable IMO. The only really bad/weird(i guess...) about the scene was how the other Jedi with Mace all got owned within a matter of 10 seconds... oh well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.