Mace Windu Style {{Vapaad}}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kenobi2004
Hello to you all
we all seen the movie by now,i guess and what i heared GL says that in EPIII we will see the mace style which is so called {{Vapaad}} and that this style will be the only key to make the battle last longer against the ruthless sith lord,Sidious.I didn't see it in thi=e movie though i watched it more than 5 times until now.....Did any one Notice a style during the fighting?

I love star wars

SpyCspider
i didn't see vapaad...i saw Samuel L. Jackson trying to do a style.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by SpyCspider
i didn't see vapaad...i saw Samuel L. Jackson trying to do a style. lol same here.

smoker4
I saw a moped, no wait it was a speeder smokin'

kenobi2004
So when we will see this style??
in the book it said he used it and that this style is a path to the darkside if not well controlled.....where is it?can anyone post information about it..

chilled monkey
There is a style. The reason Vaapad is so effective is because it's unpredictable and unorthodox. It looks like "Samuel L. Jackson trying to do a style" because that's how it's supposed to look.

A Vaapad user channels the unrestrained power of the Dark Side, but neutralises its corrupting effects by staying free of negative emotion. Mace was the only one who could pull it off. Both his students turned to the Dark.

Darth Macabre
I dont really understand why it lead to the darkside. I mean his emotions didnt sky rocket out of control, or atleast not what i noticed.

yodafan
Well he is the only one that can keep his emotions under control during the use of Vaapad.

koolruningz
Sound cool, but the fight was mostly close ups so i didnt really get to see it in action.

yodafan
I hate close ups...

Darth Macabre
Yeah, why did they shoot that fight with close ups? I mean it would have been amazing to see in full body images.

kenobi2004
I guess GlL made closeup shoots because he wanted us to see the action on both faces of sidious and mace when fighting each other...their eyes talked alot i can make that out when their lightsaber crossed together....another question did palpatine lose the fight or was faking it because he sense anakin coming to save him???

ArthasKnight
That's a topic for a different thread, my friend. Search, and you will find.

koolruningz
Does anyone know if Mace uses Vapaad in the ROTS game?

Darth_Sidious01
I'm not sure erm
But i've got a question, Vapaad is Form 7 right?
after Soresu, Makashi (Dooku), Shii-Cho, Ataro, Djem So, Shien.

chilled monkey
Sort of. 'Regular' Form 7 is Juyo. Vaapad is a variation on Form 7 that Mace invented himself.

In 'Shatterpoint' it is stated that Vaapad IS Form 7. I think that this was a mistake though.

Darth_Sidious01
ahh ok that's where i was confused..i just read Shatterpoint not too long ago...knew about the other forms cause of KOTOR 2 stick out tongue

BNCap
I would have preferred if they shot that sequence at 22 fps instead of real time. Simply because Hayden and Ewan are so proficient in their duel, it makes the masters look slow and akward in theirs. The only real impressive shots were provided by Papaltine's digital double.

Darth_Sidious01
^ amen to that.
I loved Palpatine's fighting style tho..it was really..well to put it bluntly like a reptile, or a snake just drawing in his prey until he can strike, the fighting style seemed to be a lot of lunges and crouching down awaiting strikes, i saw Palp's style as lunges and defense and waiting for the opportune moment to strike..i didn't really see much style in Mace's character other than the fact that it was really aggresive.

Mandos
Did you see the close-up on Anakin's face when his eyes turn yellow

bill9d9
Originally posted by koolruningz
Sound cool, but the fight was mostly close ups so i didnt really get to see it in action.

I think the use of close-ups was to mask SLJ's lack of athleticism. He did not have the time to train as many hours as Ewan and Hayden did due to conflicts with other films he was doing.

chilled monkey
Darth_Sidious01: Palpatine's style is Form 6, which is usually considered the 'poor man's Form'. Goes to show what a skilled practioner of it can do.

MistaMandalore
Where'd did you hear that about Palpatine's style? I assumed Sith used different techniques.

kenobi2004
still though i don't understand all these forms of lightsaber but what i saw on the movie was that mace was partially scared when fighting palaptine or should i say taking care....specially when kept inhaling and exhaling..this means that palpatine style seems to work more effcient.No the vapaad style never was mentioned in the game...i finished the game twice first hard second in easy.Nothing about vapaad is there i think the only source there is shatterpoint the book to know a bit about it

Vanquish
Fact is, it's probably quite difficult to fight with a lightsaber and make it look any good. Only some of the actors are any good at it, and neither palps or windu are. Obi and Anakin make everyone else look lame. I wouldn't judge the other duels, and try to read anything into it. If you want to get a real representation of fighting forms, read the books. The films don't capture it because of human error.

kenobi2004
Thanks vanguish for the advice about reading the books.....i guess i will start looking for them now.i always wanted to read jedi tales but never found it in india....too bad.

chilled monkey
MistaMandalore: There several threads on the Star Wars EU forum that discuss the Forms in detail. That's where I heard about Palpatine's style. Just use the search.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.