Who's fault is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tulak Hord
Here's gonna be the most debateable question I know of; who really destroyed the Jedi and ruined the Old Republic? Was it Qui-Gon who found Anakin and won him? Or Darth Maul because he killed Qui-Gon? Or Obi-Wan because he was an incompetent teacher? Or Watto's for selling Shmi to the Lars family? Or the Tuskin Raiders for killing Shmi? Or Sid for his deceptivness? Or Jar Jar because he granted the emergancy powers? Or Padme because Anakin wanted to keep her alive forever?

SithSpy
those are all circumstancial, the only two that are really truly accountable are palps and vader. the rest are just circumstances which led to the situation but you cant truly hold them accountable

Tulak Hord
If they're all circumstantial, then anakin has one serious case of bad luck.

Darth Macabre
Qui-Gon going against the council and asking Obi-Wan to train Anakin isnt circumstancial. They all saw that his path was cloudy but he went against it.

Qui-Gon was my favorite Jedi so im not dissing him, but it was his fault.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Qui Gon did not expect to die I might add!

SithSpy
yeah i guess i phrased that wrong what i meant to say was that ultimatley the choice and responsibility for destroying the order was up to palps and anakin. All the rest cant really be blamed for his choice, thats like if i got in a car accident, the reason would be that i was speeding or whatever, but i could also say if i didnt get the job i have then i wouldnt have been driving that way, theres a million things that could go in there but only one true reason. hope i didnt just confuse worse....sorry stick out tongue

mysterio69
it's nobody's fault. just the will of the force, i guess.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
laughing out loud SithSpy

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by mysterio69
it's nobody's fault. just the will of the force, i guess.

So the force wanted everyone to live in a hellacious galaxey ruled by fear? confused

SithSpy
i cant help it, i get these huge ideas, and they just dont come out right......ah well

Darth Macabre
Although there are certain factors that led to it, when it comes down to it, if Anakin was left on Tatooine he would have never became Vader.

But that leaves and interesting question- If he was brought back to Tatooine and left there, do you think Sidious would have taken him on as his own apprentice?

adamrubin
padme she voted no confidence in Valorum and then palpatine became chancellor

and she also married anakin

Tulak Hord
Not if he still had Dooku, unless he killed Dooku and took Anakin. But then, would he even agree? Without Padme, Anakin would never have turned at all.

Texansfan05
If anyone was incompetent it was Qui-Gon for wanting Anakin to be trained. As for Anakin turning to the dark side that wasn't Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan's fault Anakin decided to turn on his own.

SithSpy
really if you look at the big picture, what happened had to happen, Anakin fulfilled his destiny, it said he would bring balance it didnt say how, that may have been the idea all along for him to wipe out the jedi and the sith

after all the Jedi did need a major overhaul, so really no one messed up they all did exactly as they were supposed to

Tulak Hord
No he didn't. He just wanted those powers for Padme. If it wasn't for her, he would've made a great Jedi, and the Old Republic would still be alive.

Tulak Hord
Good point SS. Wipe out the Old Jedi, and have Luke and Leia as the New Generation, with new rules and stuff. I.E.*EU*: Old Jedi don't allow Possession, but Lowbacca owns a T-26.

SithSpy
we dont know that tho' what we DO know is what happened happened and the prophecy was fulfilled. we also know that the jedi were outdated and narrowminded in their views, which had to change in order to be successful in the future

ohhh ok i see what you were saying, my fault

Darth Macabre
It doesnt matter why you do something, when it comes down to it your still doing if. Like if i rob a store just soo i can pay for a heart transplant for someone close to me, when it comes down to it im still robbing the store on my own wishes.

Anakin turned for himself, no matter how good his wishes might have been.

And yes he would have been the most powerful Jedi probably if he didnt turn.

Texansfan05
I also don't think it was Padme's fault she didn't ask Anakin to kill all the jedi. Before the duel Obi-Wan told Anakin he was responsible for his actions. Anakin can try to blame Obi-Wan for everything but last time I checked Obi-Wan didn't betray the jedi.

The Biker Scout
I have the answer...R2
If he hadnt fixed that damn hyperdrive in Ep 1 then this crap wouldnt have happended
Stupid lil astro droid. miffed

Texansfan05
Originally posted by The Biker Scout
I have the answer...R2
If he hadnt fixed that damn hyperdrive in Ep 1 then this crap wouldnt have happended
Stupid lil astro droid. miffed

laughing out loud In a way you are right.

Tulak Hord
Then..this never would have happened if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan went to Naboo.....and if they never became padawan-master in the first place.....but then the parents of Qui-Gon....Okay. I have the answer. It's EVERYONE's Fault!

Darth Macabre
Its the Naboo engineers fault, if they would have built a better ship this never would have happend.

SithSpy
LMAO @ Tulak

your right tho' if were gonna be this indepth about it then eventually it will be everyones fault, this is like playing f'in 6 degrees of seperation

koolruningz
Originally posted by Texansfan05
I also don't think it was Padme's fault she didn't ask Anakin to kill all the jedi. Before the duel Obi-Wan told Anakin he was responsible for his actions. Anakin can try to blame Obi-Wan for everything but last time I checked Obi-Wan didn't betray the jedi.

One of Anakins biggest problems was blaming other people for his own failures. Obi Wan always seemed to be in the firing line, when he blamed Obi Wan after his mother died i was like WTF.

Texansfan05
Anakin is the one to blame he betrayed the jedi trying to save Padme. I don't blame Padme because she wasn't the one that killed all the jedi.

Darth Vicious
I only blame Anakin, he was too soft, he was easily manipulated by Palpatine. You cant blame Qui-Gon for wanting to train him or Obi-wan, he wasnt ready but he did his best, In the end it was Anakins stupidity.

ArthasKnight
The Trade Federation, it's all their fault. If they hadn't blockaded Naboo, the Jedi wouldn't have shown up, they never would have had to take the Queen to Coruscant, and they wouldn't have had to take a detour to Tatooine and they wouldn't have found Anakin.

Of course, Sidious made the TF start the blockade so one could argue it's his fault...

deaconbluez
You folks are forgetting that the sith plot to control the galaxy through oppression and fear started way before Anakin came into the picture.

Palpatine is a very, very, very old man and like Obi-Wan said, they are part of a plot "hundreds of years in the making". Anakin's being born to bring balance was a RESULT of this corruption by what the will of the force saw as major evil.

The plot of Palpatine's to turn the Republic into a monarchy started when he (as Sidious) took control of the trade federation and ordered the blockade of Naboo.

That action caused the uproar in the Senate, hence the vote of no confidence from Amidala, which left the position wide open for him to take.

Then, starting the clone wars (as Sidious), this helped him gain MORE control of the Senate, so as to order more troops and effectively fight a war.

Understanding this plot/scheme is vital to understanding how Palpatine became the Emporer and change things to the very thing that the Republic hated. It seems that the whole purpose of the prequels was to convey this plot.

DeVi| D0do
Yoda's fault. He didn't change with the times. And he didn't let the Jedi change. He wouldn't allow Anakin to show his love for Padme.

Well, maybe not Yoda's fault alone. It was the Jedi's fault... or the Jedi Council at least. I remember reading one of MF's spy reports that Yoda blames himself for everything which is something that didn't come through in the film that I lwould have liked to have scene. Methinks it was probably during the Qui Gon scene that Yoda says this which is why it was cut.

mysterio69
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
So the force wanted everyone to live in a hellacious galaxey ruled by fear? confused
...until the chosen one brings balance. things take time, man. that's just the way things happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.