Clone Trooper mistake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CellDweller
How come Luke, who is "a little too short" to be a storm trooper, finds a uniform just his size? I thought all troopers were clones of Jango......meaning that their uniforms would all be the same size.

DCLXVI
No, at the time of the OT, all the Troops are cloned from different hosts.

Sesse
They were plastic, so they were likely pretty flexible anyway.

Laser blasts went right thorugh them and against sticks and stones, you would be better off wearing a newspaper.

Darklightr
Originally posted by ZoSo
No, at the time of the OT, all the Troops are cloned from different hosts.

Nope. I don't believe there's anything out there to support that theory.

The original trilogy takes place a good twenty years after Episode III, meaning that the clonetroopers would all be in their 50s, probably too old to be effective soldiers.

I don't think there's any evidence anywhere (canon or EU) to support that the Empire continued to use cloning to produce stormtroopers.

In fact, the EU shows that the Imperial Army accepted regular human males into their ranks to become stormtroopers. I think we can assume that from the movies as well.

Gryn Jabar
The clones would be dead due to rapid aging.

yerssot
Originally posted by Darklightr

The original trilogy takes place a good twenty years after Episode III, meaning that the clonetroopers would all be in their 50s, probably too old to be effective soldiers.

I don't think there's any evidence anywhere (canon or EU) to support that the Empire continued to use cloning to produce stormtroopers.

In fact, the EU shows that the Imperial Army accepted regular human males into their ranks to become stormtroopers. I think we can assume that from the movies as well.
btw: see Episode III, in the scene were OB1 leaves for Upatau he talks to Commander Cody on the ship. The one on the far right behind his starfighter is clearly a not Fett-related clone, meaning that they already use different hosts in EpIII for their clones.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Darklightr

Yes there is evidence. George Lucas said so

Which settles that.

Justice Pie
By the time ANH came out, wouldn't the Empire have been recruiting their soldiers anyways?
Look at all the members of the Imperial Navy...they didn't look anything like Jango.

Ushgarak
Obviously all the people in uniform are recruited in the old fashioned way.

But all the stormtroopers are clones, from various templates.

Lord Chariol
The Empire would recruit people to be Stormtroopers anyway.

AmrothSkywalker
Most "Jango clones" weren't around too long after Ep. III and in between 3 and 4 is when most people were recruited. Mostly mercenaries, free lances, and the commonfolk working classes were "pressured into joining the empire"(Or else)lol Kyle Katarn a merc turned stormtrooper turned rebel spy turned jedi is a good example of the commoners that were recruited to the empire. The empire was pretty much a draft. And about the multiple host cloning thing I do know that there were imperial cloning facilities still around after even ROTJ and were used to create "super clone soldiers" for the empire. All efforts the empire made however to retake the galaxy after the battle of Endor failed until the Yuuzhan vong invasion when the new rep. had to join with the dying empire to help save the galaxy from alien domination. sry if I rambled on lol

supatroopa286
I agree with them recruiting human males. In ROTJ, when the scout troopers first got on their bikes, one of the ones that gets killed early is a little fatter than the others, i swear

thamozzy
the clone division of the 501st is the last ever clone set of jengo after that they cloned from random humans from around the galaxy and even recruited non-clones

so it is quite possible that luke could find a suit that would fit him, but then even if it didnt, id say the technology they have would allow for the suit to be self-fitting, which sounds alot more economical then having a tailor or even making different sizes.

mace=badass
Dude, don't revive threads that old.

Cascador
It's mixed, there are clones of Jango, there are clones of other hosts and there are recruits. So Boba definatly has some brothers during the capture of Luke at cloud city. And why did the armour fit Luke if the sizes are mixed

well you got the upper armour which covers your chest and the lower armour that covers your belly and your manhood. You'll see that the upper armour covers a lot from his lower armour if you compare it to Solo's armour.

Darth Jello
it's a mix of different clones and recruits. The only troopers made up of jango clones are vader's 501st. Basically, there was a rebellion on kamino and the cloning facilities had to be destroyed.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by CellDweller
How come Luke, who is "a little too short" to be a storm trooper, finds a uniform just his size? I thought all troopers were clones of Jango......meaning that their uniforms would all be the same size.

He didn't. Leia even said "aren't you a little short to be a clone trooper?"

Tangible God
I dislike Battlefront for its tale on how the only clones left, are the ones of the 501st. There were other divisions besides them in the Clone Wars.

But yeah, by the time of ANH, the Stormtrooper ranks were a mix of Old Clones, not so recent clones, and natural recruits--who later became the only Stormtroopers until Thrawn's time.

I think the Luke being too short thing was a bit of a fluke.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Sesse

Laser blasts went right thorugh them and against sticks and stones, you would be better off wearing a newspaper.

laughing out loud So true!

KENobi™
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
He didn't. Leia even said "aren't you a little short to be a clone trooper?"

I suggest you watch the OT again my friend. No where in the original trilogy does Leia ever mention "clone trooper". She says "storm trooper".

ESB - 1138
I meant storm trooper. People will complain about simple mistaks now a days jeesh.

Tangible God
It's a pretty obvious mistake.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
I meant storm trooper. People will complain about simple mistaks now a days jeesh.

I agree, homes. There's a lot of putos on KMC that will point out a simple mistake just to be a dick, when they know perfectly well what you meant.

for example: somebody types "I went to the store tobay"--and then some fool says " toBay? that's not a word, you dumbass!!"

Its f*cking annoying, ese. I swear to God, in real life if some fool said that to my face, I would b*tch-slap the vato!

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I agree, homes. There's a lot of putos on KMC that will point out a simple mistake just to be a dick, when they know perfectly well what you meant.

for example: somebody types "I went to the store tobay"--and then some fool says " toBay? that's not a word, you dumbass!!"

Its f*cking annoying, ese. I swear to God, in real life if some fool said that to my face, I would b*tch-slap the vato!

You should capitalize the word 'for' there, 'cause it starts a new sentence in a new paragraph.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
You should capitalize the word 'for' there, 'cause it starts a new sentence in a new paragraph.

Actually, It's not a paragraph-->the "f" is not capitalized in "for example" before a colon and the example.

Cascador
is this a writing school or a star wars thread? wink

Tangible God
It was the beginning of a sentence, it should've been capitalized.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
The clones would be dead due to rapid aging.

Lol roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Tangible God
It was the beginning of a sentence, it should've been capitalized.

Big deal, homes. Remember your dumb-ass mistake about "Im pretty sure when he was born he was named Darth Sidous."? You remember that, homes? OK then. Don't gimmie no crap, ese. Pinche joto!

Tangible God
Big deal, homes. Remember your dumb-ass mistake about "Im pretty sure when he was born he was named Darth Sidous."? You remember that, homes? OK then. Don't gimmie no crap, ese. Pinche joto! Kay Home-shnozzle, I don't speak freaky-deeky Mexicany or whatever. Only insecure morons take to heart a simple comment. The fact that you remember a minor spelling error, that wasn't your own, and that happened like 5 days ago, says wonders for your character.

But saying "was" instead of "wasn't" is a much more understandable mistake than forgetting to capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

Comprende?

Quiero Mota
Mexicany

What the f**k?

ArthasKnight
Kay Home-shnozzle, I don't speak freaky-deeky Mexicany or whatever. Only insecure morons take to heart a simple comment. The fact that you remember a minor spelling error, that wasn't your own, and that happened like 5 days ago, says wonders for your character.

But saying "was" instead of "wasn't" is a much more understandable mistake than forgetting to capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

Comprende?

laughing out loud

Tangible God
What the f**k? You really don't have a sense of English humour, do you?

Quiero Mota
You really don't have a sense of English humour, do you?

Not if it's about racist shit, homes. Besides, I'm not very familiar with British humour.

Tangible God
English as in the English LANGUAGE. And I find you calling me "Homes" racist.

CBright7831
Retired Clone Trooper: Officially, there never was a "Clone Rebellion" on Kamino. Unofficially, approximately twenty years after we were created, a special detachment of the Imperial 501st Legion was dispatched to Kamino, with orders to eradicate an army of clones that had been bred to take arms against the Empire. Our mission commander, an expert on the inner workings of Kamino, was a young bounty hunter named Boba Fett...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retired Clone Trooper: The thing i remember about the Rise of the Empire is... Is how quiet it was. When the Clone Wars was waning, the 501st legion was transported discreetly back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. Deep in our minds, did any of us have even a single traiterous thought? Perhaps, but we didnt say anything. Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down... And not when we marched into the Jedi Temple.

-------

http://imdb.com/title/tt0483168/quotes

The second quote give me chills.

Tangible God
Ditto.

beedubaya
I think the Empire probably required all human males to serve as stormtroopers, or at least a great number of them, for a certain number of years in life. This was a dictatorship, I dont think there would be any recruiting going on. There were still some Jango clones but most of them were long gone by the time of the OT.

I wish we knew a bit more about how the Sith rule affected the everyday citizen of Imperial systems.

Tangible God
The Empire did force many human males into srvice at the academy, but do you know how many human males there would be in the galaxy? Trillions, maybe quadrillions.

That's alot of Stormtroopers.

No, for the most part, the Imperial Academy was voluntary, unless a certain planet, city, or singular person/family defied or angered the Empire... then it was mandatory for them.

Ganner Rhysode
Restating various points that have been raised:

It has been proven canonically through both Battlefront II and Star Wars Insider that while few, if any, Jango clones were still in use by the time of the original trilogy, the ranks were still mixed- there were various clone host bodies of superb specimens, as well as the regular rump-and-tumble people that they recruited and/or recruited into their own ranks.

Luke IS too short. The uniform clearly doesn't fit very well on him.

That is all.

Quiero Mota
English as in the English LANGUAGE.

The only English that I'm good at, is in billiards, ese! Orale!

Tangible God
The only English that I'm good at, is in billiards, ese! Orale! And people wonder why America's going to the Hispanic dogs.

Quiero Mota
And people wonder why America's going to the Hispanic dogs.

What the f*ck are you talking about, ese? "Hispanic dogs" What the hell does that mean?

sithsaber408
And people wonder why America's going to the Hispanic dogs.

I just lost alot of respect for you.... you don't need to pull the race card because you don't like what he had to say.

ban

I grew up in the bay area, most of my friends were mexican, and he's right, you WOULD get ***** slapped talking that way... all condescending and what not....

Try to state your opinions without letting any personal racism get in the way.....

hitler

REPORTED.

Ushgarak
Ok, can we cut out this inane chatter here and return to topic, thanks?

Tangible God
Actually I think the topic's been wrapped up, and sithsaber, you don't actually know me, or my beliefs, so what you've accused me of just bounces of.

sithsaber408
You said the country was "going to the Hispanic dogs".

I don't know you or your beliefs. Correct.

But you said that. So what I accused you of doesn't bounce off, in fact, it's spot on.

You may not be a racist... but what you said was, categorically, racist.

You know it, don't backpeddle.

If you want to make snide remarks, at least have the cojones to stand by them.baby

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by sithsaber408
If you want to make snide remarks, at least have the cojones to stand by them.baby

yes

Tangible God
Ah shit, Ush's gonna have my hide.

You're right it was racist, but I never meant by "bounce off" that it wasn't true. I meant that it has no impact on me. Half my friends share my views, the other half don't give a rats ass.

But no, you're right, it is spot on racist. I don't regret it. I make no apologies.

P.S. I actually don't know what "cojones" are.

sithsaber408

You're right it was racist, but I never meant by "bounce off" that it wasn't true. I meant that it has no impact on me. Half my friends share my views, the other half don't give a rats ass.

But no, you're right, it is spot on racist. I don't regret it. I make no apologies.

Well of course you don't. By your own admission, you make racist statements.

"cojones" is Spanish for balls.

If you ever want to test yours.... I make a trip back to San Jose 3 or 4 times a year, to see mi familia.

You are more than welcome to come along, and I also invite a few of your buddies.

I'll even foot the bill for your plane tickets. wink

The show would be worth it. Just be sure to wear really nice clothes/shoes. cool

Ohh....

REPORTED..

Again.ban

Ushgarak
I actually directly told you guys to cut it out. Tangible and Sithsaber, consider both of you warned.

Captain deviss
yoyo im new.hi how are you

Captain deviss
HEY GUYS .im a star wars game veteran

Sesse
So I see.

FinalFantsyLord
Big deal, homes. Remember your dumb-ass mistake about "Im pretty sure when he was born he was named Darth Sidous."? You remember that, homes? OK then. Don't gimmie no crap, ese. Pinche joto!

i completly argree with u dude some people on here so gay when it comes 2 writing properly, they prob dont have anything betterr 2 do then take the piss out of people who spell a word wrong by accident

FinalFantsyLord

look m8 just shut up bout wat ya dont no ok
u rasict f**k

FinalFantsyLord
tomcat

Tangible God
Originally posted by FinalFantsyLord
i completly argree with u dude some people on here so gay when it comes 2 writing properly, they prob dont have anything betterr 2 do then take the piss out of people who spell a word wrong by accident Your quoting the guy who chastised me for making a spelling mistake?

Can you say "hypocrisy?"

FinalFantsyLord
Your quoting the guy who chastised me for making a spelling mistake?

Can you say "hypocrisy?"

Can u spell it

FinalFantsyLord
R u american bye any chance that would explain ur stupiditee

sapphiremouse
you all seem to be missing something. The clone troopers were an army built for the Republic not the Empire. Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers are 2 totally diferrent armies. cant believe this post has gone 3 pages without anybody knowing this. LOL you all call yourself StarWars Fans.?? ppppfffftttt!!

DarthMaul9123
no they were made for the empire, why do you think sidiouse tried so hard to cover it up, call yourself a starwars fan pppfffttt!!

Tangible God
Originally posted by FinalFantsyLord
R u american bye any chance that would explain ur stupiditee Can you read? Have you seen my location? Does "America's Gay Brother" sound like I'm from America?

You moron.

Tangible God
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
you all seem to be missing something. The clone troopers were an army built for the Republic not the Empire. Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers are 2 totally diferrent armies. cant believe this post has gone 3 pages without anybody knowing this. LOL you all call yourself StarWars Fans.?? ppppfffftttt!! The 1.2 million clones were the first batch. Future clone generations, and ordinary recruits formed the Stormtrooper armies after the first clone generation aged. But no, the PT Clonetroopers are the first stormtroopers.

Legion_of_Maul
anyone whose beeten BFII knows that Jango fett wasn't the only clone template..."we never did get used to the new guys"

KMC Dark Lord
THis thread should be closed for racual bashing. Don't make me whip out the "Uo Momma" jokes. I'll make Tangible and the others cry. I swear it big grin

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
THis thread should be closed for racual bashing. Don't make me whip out the "Uo Momma" jokes. I'll make Tangible and the others cry. I swear it big grin
haha the american secret weapon....other than nukes *POWER TO AMERICANS*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.