The Flash vs Green Lantern (HAL)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth M@ce
who takes this

black robb
Flash

Bishop X
I'd say the GL takes this. Hal has mounds more experience than Wally.

Lord-of-Dreams
Hal takes it if Wally doesn't run in right away and knock his frickin head off!! But this is extremely close, and it shocks me that this is not a repeat thread. but...

DigiMark007
hmmm...um, bump. Don't have a definitive opinion yet, but I'd like to hear more.

I'll go with GL for now, but obviously if the speed blitz works Flash wins. Otherwise, if any GL is smart they won't let a Flash get to them.

-DM

CorderaMitchell
Flash, he is already underpowered as is and green lantern is getting a little too powerful.

nigel45
There has got to be some precednce for this (Barry fighting Hal, or even Wally in some comic).

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Flash, he is already underpowered as is and green lantern is getting a little too powerful.

Hmm... and this is why Flash wins? He's not extremely powerful and Hal is super strong? I see... that makes... no sense...
Hal would destroy Wally!! They know each other too well for tricks, and Hal's power is just bigger.

Crazymaniac
Green lantern

Lord-of-Dreams
simple as that wink big grin

Blair Wind
Green Lanterns powers might be more powerful, and waaay more versitile but if he doesnt get the chance to use it then whats the point?? Wally wins based on that he kicks the crap out of Hal before Hal can think "Oh Sh*t!"

MrHeavySilence
Wow tough one. Flash is fast and could probably do something impossible to pull this off but I don't think he can beat Sinestro. and if he can't take Sinestro, I doubt he could take GL.

K3VIL
Flash can:
Run at lightspeed and above.
Emits Speed Force energy to impart movement to object or use it to hurt his enemies or destroy other objects, in limitless amounts.
He can create hurricanes, sonic booms, and other funny tricks to distract or fight against Hal.
He can just attack Hal from hundred directions, and don't give him time to counterattack, with SF energy bolts, objects throwed at lightspeed, etc.
Then end the fight jumping into air reaching him with a IMP, winning the fight.
But all this can happen in the fight is a fight to death, last man standing, and Hal has killed Linda, cause Wally will hardly try to beat down someone that was like an uncle to him, Barry was like a father to him.

Gamma Crush!
I think the Flash is just a tad too fast for Hal Jordan. Hal wouldn't be able to react before he gets knocked out. sad

CorderaMitchell
Amen, but who COULD react to flash, is the question to give him a good fight.

seaapple
If the Flash is complacent for just a split second then Flash would be creating hurricanes, sonic booms, and energy bolts from inside a big green box made of sheer will.

Then his heartrate would run faster and faster inside the box as the 4 green walls come closer and closer together...

Cosmic Cube
Dude, doesn't Hal have some sort of auto-defense?

seaapple
Or perhaps Flash would have to run through a barrier of Green wires so thin as to be invisible to get to Hal...

Sliced Flash sandwich anyone?

K3VIL
Originally posted by seaapple
Or perhaps Flash would have to run through a barrier of Green wires so thin as to be invisible to get to Hal...

Sliced Flash sandwich anyone?
Meanwhile Hal is creating the constructs, Flash would look at them like standing still object.

Cosmic Cube the personal life support force field of the GL gives them partially resistance to physical and energy attacks, it don't take a high magnitude of power to pass through it or damage it.

black robb
Originally posted by Gamma Crush!
I think the Flash is just a tad too fast for Hal Jordan. Hal wouldn't be able to react before he gets knocked out. sad exactly,good point

Lord-of-Dreams
so... it's who moves first. Flash...

ZephroCarnelian
If Flash takes the first move, he could knock Hals head off in one go.

But if there's any time to react then there's a potentially limitless number of ways for GL to win.

He could crush Flash, or fire heat seeking light speed green missiles at him from his ring, lol.

Or he could open up a huge portal to another dimension that swallows everything in the area except himself.

The power of the GL ring is awesome.

But would he have the time to use it, that's the question?

seaapple
Yes, it just depends on the scenario. Is it all out battle? Is deception allowed? If Hal can deceive or distract Flash perhaps he can use his powers to win in any of the numerous ways I mentioned or ZephroCarnelian mentioned.

But this "greater than lightspeed" stuff make Flash so fast as to be almost uninteresting. It is one thing to be a speed based superhero, it as another to be faster than thought. Still to communicate he needs to go talk at the speed of other humans, so distraction is a possibility.

Unless he is so fast that even while distracted his reaction time is so great that GL couldn't enclose him in a box or bubble.

Lord-of-Dreams
That would just be too good. He'd be up there wiht Spiderman if he had such reaction time. Oh, wait!!! He does!! lol

It's a cointoss, ladies and gentlemen, and Zephro (wink). Who goes first, how does GL go at this, does he allow an offence from the other side, does he attack the bucket, who won the pheonix-San game last night? All this is what decides the outcome of this bout. (seriously. who won?)

ZephroCarnelian
Flash would have afaster reaction tim than GL. It stands to reason.

And I'm a gentlemen, for everyone's information.

Zephro's a nice sensible blokey name, lol! stick out tongue

seaapple
I guess to get Flash you pretty much have to vaporize the planet. Since he is faster than light and thought any attack on the Earth won't work then...

ZephroCarnelian
If the writers used Flahs to his full power, nothing would touch him.

But it would make for boring reading, lol.

nigel45
Originally posted by seaapple
I guess to get Flash you pretty much have to vaporize the planet. Since he is faster than light and thought any attack on the Earth won't work then...

Well, there are some that can match his speed (Zoom, Zoom-powered Cheetah are some recent examples) and others who are so consumed with defeating him (his entire rogues gallery) that they find ways to balance their bouts.

CorderaMitchell
How about this, Flash leaves, logs on to this forumn and tell everone that he will win.

seaapple
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
How about this, Flash leaves, logs on to this forumn and tell everone that he will win.

And it will certainly be in red writing... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/roll.gif

CorderaMitchell
lol

Metalmanx
Flash.

DrDoom
Hal 7/10.

GLs already have an auto-forcefield surrounding thier body, so a speed blizt--even if it takes him by surprise wouldn't KO him.

Also, look at the recent JLA arc vs. the CSA. Power Ring trapped Flash in a ball of energy for quite some time, and Flash only got out by running into something so hard that he broke his nose!

I'm sure if PR could do it then Hal could too...even though Flash should be leader of the JLA considering that with his powers (if written to thier full potential) he should be able to take down the JLA by himself. Like others have said though, it makes for boring reading.

Lord-of-Dreams
yep... fun fight though wink supes and GL vs Flash would really be sweet.

Blair Wind
even the auto defense wouldnt help Hal much with an IMP....(infinity mass punch)

Dizzle
I thought the auto defense system was basically a life saving thing... If something is going to kill the GL, it turns on. I think Hal's been punched through a planet before, and one ring tried (and almost succeeded) in saving an entire species when their native planet blew up, because it couldn't tell the difference between the GL and his kinsmen. It was something like 3 billion people. I don't think that even an IMP will get through the life saving function, but Flash could probly KO Hal real fast. Then again, Hal just isn't the type to get hit by a simple speed blitz, he's worked with Flash plenty of times, he'd probly expect it and be able to counter. Wally moves at 99% of the speed of light. Any faster and he enters the speedforce, which usually chucks him through time.

Cosmic Cube
The Infinity Mass Punch is an overrated myth.

When Flash fought Zum, he had to run around the earth twice to increase his inertial mass, granting him enough force to perform a punch that sent his opponent flying hundreds of miles away. Nowhere in the comic does Flash, or the narration, or anyone else say that Flash's mass was increased to infinity. That in itself would defy logic, considering that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe. Mass is constant, and it is accompanied by proportional gravity. If Flash's mass was infinite, the universe itself would have collapsed upon him.

Flash can't just perform an "infinity mass punch" straigth off the blocks either. He had to run around the Earth twice to gain enough force to perform an attack that didn't even seriously injure his opponent. Running around the Earth twice, even at the speed of light, would take at least 0.26 seconds, and that's not even considering the large factor that acceleration would play. That's about 260 milliseconds. Hal could certainly react in that length of time. Any human could.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

When Flash fought Zum, he had to run around the earth twice to increase his inertial mass, granting him enough force to perform a punch that sent his opponent flying hundreds of miles away. Nowhere in the comic does Flash, or the narration, or anyone else say that Flash's mass was increased to infinity. That in itself would defy logic, considering that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe. Mass is constant, and it is accompanied by proportional gravity. If Flash's mass was infinite, the universe itself would have collapsed upon him.

Flash can't just perform an "infinity mass punch" straigth off the blocks either. He had to run around the Earth twice to gain enough force to perform an attack that didn't even seriously injure his opponent. Running around the Earth twice, even at the speed of light, would take at least 0.26 seconds, and that's not even considering the large factor that acceleration would play. That's about 260 milliseconds. Hal could certainly react in that length of time. Any human could.

nice post. yes

jrodslam
Well when he did it against Gorilla Grodd, he didnt run around the earth, he only ran a few states. Either way, it takes time for him to build up the momentum to perform the i.m.p. Hal wins.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Ohhh damn you're still arguing this, you've understand nothing of the IMP Cube.
He entered in the Speed Force, he himself sayed he was entering in the SF Dimension, a world of lights and brightful objects, the source of his powers, achieving lightspeed, and with the energy of the Speed Force Dimension and the speed achieved, he pummeled Zum's face, the result was Zum achieving escape velocity performing a flight across the planet.
He didn't run around Earth, he just exited from the SF Dimension reappering behind Zum, the SFD is on another plane of existence that the Earth, even when Flash performs time traveling he exit from it like he's coming back through teleportation, he exit from a dimension entering into Earth dimension.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
If the writers used Flahs to his full power, nothing would touch him.

But it would make for boring reading, lol.

Amen, which is why he is shown to be hit an OBSCENE amaount.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.