The poll of the top most wanted to see lightsaber duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Plagues
Now that ten verses have been collected, please vote on the canadits above. The _________vs.________ winner will be put into another poll to decide the victor. Happy Dance

Biggestgeekever
Revan vs. NJO Luke

Lord_Windu
Yep, I would like to see Revan vs. NJO Luke too.

green dude
i would like to see Darth Vader vs. Yoda cause in the first movie it said something about how strong they were i would like to see who would win why don't you write both than the highest votes Revan vs. NJO Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader vs. Yoda than we could see the out comes than after their done fighting than we can see Darth Vader vsNJO Luke Skywalker Yoda vs Revan or Luke Skywalker vs Yoda and
Darth Vader vs Revan that would be cool and every one wins pretty much big grin

Bobafetty
YODA VS. VADER!

Darth L. Dipsit
You REALLY want to see that fight, don't you, Boba?

Bobafetty
yes badly. I keep saying it over all the threads.

Bobafetty
All though I would like to see a Boba vs. Grievous fight much more.

Darth Mantis
NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Tulak Hord

Bobafetty
BOBA VS. GRIEVOUS!

Darth Plagues
I will take your idea into consideration, Green Dude. But I have to go by the poll results.

Darth Martin
Yoda vs OT Darth Vader
Mace Windu vs ROTS Darth Vader
Darth Maul vs Darth Tyranus
Darth Maul vs ROTS Anakin
Darth Maul vs AOTC Anakin and Kenobi

darthsith19
Yoda would beat OT Vader. I'd like to see Kas'im vs. Mace Windu or ROTS Anakin, or Exar Kun (no amulet). Any of those 4 against each other would be cool to see. Also Ragnos vs. any Force User so he wouldn't be underestimated anymore.

Darth Hord
Not on this list in the poll but I would want to see Darth Caedus vs Darth Sidious

NateGreySummers
Darth Bane (in orbalisk armour) versus Luke Skywalker.

That would be one hell of a battle.

GahLakTus
Bane gets owned by luke

NateGreySummers
How exactly?

GahLakTus
How is bane going to contend with a force user whom can make himself look like he is wielding 20 lightsabers and fight against an unknown form which he clearly will get owned seeing the fact he shits in his pants when his opponent employs a form he has never seen before?

All he does is memorise saber sequences, and what happens when somebody does not follow a sequence he recognises? He gets owned, hell even kasim told him NOT to memorise sequences.

NateGreySummers
Actually, it's stated that his blade might as well have been ten or twenty. Impressive, but clearly hyperbolic, and nowhere near as impressive as you'd have it out to be. Bane himself was capable of great feats of speed as well; when deciding to go full out on Sirak, in something like a fifth of a second, he was able to defeat him with a somewhat complex manoeuvre. He was stated to move so fast that time appeared to have stopped for all the force users around him. As far as hyperbole goes, I know which one I'd find more impressive. Plus, what you're listing about Luke takes place around his highest known point of power. Bane goes on to grow far more powerful, and gains the added benefits of the orbalisk armour.

As for Luke's saber style, where did you get the idea that it would be alien to Bane? Luke learnt how to wield the lightsaber from Yoda, who was teaching him the traditional forms of the Jedi Order (that Bane knows), and he later goes on to gain a bunch of Jedi Holocrons from the Chu'unthor, that contained information on things like lightsaber combat. Do you have any evidence that Luke uses an unorthodox style?

Now as for your assertion that Bane shits his pants and gets owned when up against an unfamiliar style, that's hardly the case. He gets owned when up against Kas'im, who was stated as possibly being the greatest swordsman there had ever been up until his time, who possessed great strength in the force, and when and only when wielding his unfamiliar dual sabers (which he had mastered and been in the process of perfecting all 7 forms with) and even then, he hardly shitted himself, he just simply acknowledged that he couldn't match his opponent. Not to mention, that was pre-orbalisk Bane.

darthsith19
I think Orbalisk Armor Bane vs. DE Luke would probably be pretty close, but not NJO Luke. btw, has Darth Bane: Rule of Two came out yet?

GahLakTus
Originally posted by NateGreySummers
Actually, it's stated that his blade might as well have been ten or twenty. Impressive, but clearly hyperbolic, and nowhere near as impressive as you'd have it out to be. Bane himself was capable of great feats of speed as well; when deciding to go full out on Sirak, in something like a fifth of a second, he was able to defeat him with a somewhat complex manoeuvre. He was stated to move so fast that time appeared to have stopped for all the force users around him. As far as hyperbole goes, I know which one I'd find more impressive. Plus, what you're listing about Luke takes place around his highest known point of power. Bane goes on to grow far more powerful, and gains the added benefits of the orbalisk armour.

As for Luke's saber style, where did you get the idea that it would be alien to Bane? Luke learnt how to wield the lightsaber from Yoda, who was teaching him the traditional forms of the Jedi Order (that Bane knows), and he later goes on to gain a bunch of Jedi Holocrons from the Chu'unthor, that contained information on things like lightsaber combat. Do you have any evidence that Luke uses an unorthodox style?

Now as for your assertion that Bane shits his pants and gets owned when up against an unfamiliar style, that's hardly the case. He gets owned when up against Kas'im, who was stated as possibly being the greatest swordsman there had ever been up until his time, who possessed great strength in the force, and when and only when wielding his unfamiliar dual sabers (which he had mastered and been in the process of perfecting all 7 forms with) and even then, he hardly shitted himself, he just simply acknowledged that he couldn't match his opponent. Not to mention, that was pre-orbalisk Bane. Ok nebaris, i can't respond to this at the moment but i will do so later on seeing that i am busy irl atm, but i can assure you your "rebuttal" is heavily flawed.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yoda would beat OT Vader. I'd like to see Kas'im vs. Mace Windu or ROTS Anakin, or Exar Kun (no amulet). Any of those 4 against each other would be cool to see. Also Ragnos vs. any Force User so he wouldn't be underestimated anymore. Darth Vader would put up one heck of a fight no less. I also bet if we had the superior technology like when Yoda fought in the PT Vader would have been faster. I mean Yoda's 800+ in the PT and GG is more cybernetically repaired than Vader and look at the way he moves.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Darth Vader would put up one heck of a fight no less. I also bet if we had the superior technology like when Yoda fought in the PT Vader would have been faster. I mean Yoda's 800+ in the PT and GG is more cybernetically repaired than Vader and look at the way he moves.
True, however, Yoda would still win, a Force fight would probably be pretty close, Yoda takes the saber duel without a hard fight, though (not an easy fight, though).

Out of those in the poll, Ragnos vs. Tulak Hord is my first choice.

Darth Martin
Yea if Yoda could take Sidious in a saber duel w/o pretty easily in ROTS then Darth Vader wouldn't be that hard of a match. Still would be something to see though.

kiddo44
Vader,OT v Yoda would be very intresting to see.

I also would like to see Count Dooku v Mace, those two are so even with each other.

darthsith19
Yeah, I'd love to see Dooku vs. Mace as well, so we could end that debate and get rid of all of the Dooku fanboys... oh wait, they already did fight, in Obsession, and Dooku fled.

Darth Martin
Dooku and Mace may be eqaul in sheer bladework with Mace surpassing him a slightly. Dooku slightly surpasses Mace in Force mastery because he can pull more manuevers. In the end I'd put my money on Mace because of Vapaad and his unmatched mastery and talent of Shatterpoint.

Shadow Spider
CW General Grievous vs Obi-Wan Kenobi. smile
(I seriously don't know why he wasn't on the poll, GG is cool.madshakefist)

Darth Martin
Btw the fight would probably end up the same. Grievous could still use his arms just as fast just not his mobility and acrobatics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.