George Lucas Just Said He Will Do Another SW Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MoviesFan
My buddy said he saw on BBC, George Lucas stating that he will make another SW film 100 years before TPM.

He said that he saw GL say this

Can anyone confirm this?!

Dont kill the messenger smile

DeVi| D0do
*fires shotgun at MoviesFan's head*

NO! Please tell me it isn't true!

: NOOOoooOOOooo!!!

MoviesFan
LOL, this is could be total BS, dont know

Mist
dont take third party information as true.

Red Superfly
There's a CGI Clone Wars project and a Live Action TV show. This was confirmed by Lucas himself in an interview I saw with my own eyes on TV.

The movies are DONE.

Deal with it.

MoviesFan
Thats why I questioned it, I believe its BS aswell but thats why I want to know if anyone has been watching BBC recently?

Mist
Originally posted by MoviesFan
My buddy said he saw on BBC, George Lucas stating that he will make another SW film 100 years before TPM.

just read it again and decide...would he really make an episode -1?

JKozzy
No, but he could call it something else. At this point I'm sure he's not required to give them Episode #'s

MoviesFan
I think its BS aswell but thought you guys would want to know, if anyone watches BBC to confirm or deny

Morgoths_Wrath
he could make a new series set in the Star Wars universe and just call it something else...

ever think of that? He said there wouldn't be any more "Star Wars" films...but whats stopping him from making movies set in the same galaxy?

Mist
ill chuck supershadow an email and get him to pass it on to george lucas. killer cool idea.

JKozzy
blink I see no reason to reference SS here, with all the rumors going around, it's highly plausable that that would be the approach one would take.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by JKozzy
No, but he could call it something else. At this point I'm sure he's not required to give them Episode #'s

what he said stick out tongue

Mist
Originally posted by JKozzy
blink I see no reason to reference SS here, with all the rumors going around, it's highly plausable that that would be the approach one would take.

stick out tongue i dont understand long difficult words like 'take'....

the movie is over though, SS will die a long painful death....everyone will be happy...

JKozzy
This isn't a SS thread.

Mist
so...you want me to make another one then? stick out tongue

Morgoths_Wrath
sorry, but I'm not with the KMC lingo here

What's supershadow (or SS)?

tpaquin
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t344475.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t344341.html

Fantastic.

Mist
avoid it like the plague....

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mist
so...you want me to make another one then? stick out tongue No, just don't bring it up where it doesn't belong. Speculation about more movies doesn't fall under SS territory when reputable websites are posting the rumors, as well.

Mist
sheesh...all i did was make one comment and you drag it on like im talkin about illegal downloads of rots....chill...

JKozzy
Because it wasn't the topic of the thread. I'm not sure what everyone's obsession with SS bashing is, but leave it in its appropriate thread. We're talking about the possible prequels to the prequels.

If he were to make them, I would be optimistic about them. It'd be interesting to see what happened the hundreds of years before that. I almost think that instead of TPM, that it should've started off with that, but what's done is done. It'll be curious to see, if these rumors ever become true, as to when the movies would be out, and who would write, direct, etc.

tpaquin
Let me remind you that this topic is now being discussed in three threads...

...why do I even bother coming here, any more?

This place is a zoo.

JKozzy
It's sad, really.

Mist
gl has already said like 50 billion times there will be no more sw movies.....how many more times does he have to say it?

Darth Plagueis
I want to see "The Darth Plagueis Story"!!!!!! I want it!!! A LONGER time ago, in a galaxy still really far away....

Mist
a not-that-long-time ago in a galaxy not really that far away..

Darth Plagueis
A while back, somewhere else...

Morgoths_Wrath
if you think about it, there's still many questions still officially unanswered and a boatload of speculation.

LandoSpeeder2
I don't know. I'm kinda glad it's all rapping up so I can finally sit and relax and enjoy what movies have been made for star wars and not anticipate the next one. Heck I don't really feel like anticipating anything star wars save for the DVD which is a little early to really anticipate it. I'm kind of at the point where even the unanswered questions, just don't really matter to me

HAROLD
Originally posted by Mist
a not-that-long-time ago in a galaxy not really that far away.. laughing

Falacerjedi
oooh oooh ooooh just heard from my fathers brothers cousins nephews former roommate that GL did say he would make another SW movie....

umraan
Originally posted by MoviesFan

He said that he saw GL say this

Can anyone confirm this?!

Dont kill the messenger smile

i think your buddy is a lying bastard

Gangularis
like i said in the other thread...

watched the local news and they said GL is planning to make a prequal to the star wars films.

DeVi| D0do
Local news people are stupid.

CBright7831
Originally posted by Red Superfly
The movies are DONE.

Deal with it.

Yup.

Jedi2005
It was also in one of the tabloids(Daily Star) yesterday that GL said he was considering making another SW film with yoda as the main character and it would be set 100 years before TPM. This could explain Yoda having a good relationship with the wookies. Not saying that I beleive or disbeleive this statement but that's what was printed and the original poster did ask for more information.

DeVi| D0do
Tabloids have no credibility what-so-ever.

Jedi2005
So local News People are stupid as you so Eloquently put it, and Tabloids are not to be trusted. Well next time i'll buy the Times and see if they would even bother publishing it. Oh and it wasn't even mentioned in my copy of the financial times yesterday!

DeVi| D0do
Basically, I don't trust anyone until I hear it myself from Lucas's mouth. wink

Jedi2005
Ok that's fair. Gotta say I don't beleive it either really. I'm not too sure even if GL did make it if Yoda could hold my attention as being the main character. He reminds me of mighty mouse on speed in his fight scene's.

DeVi| D0do
His backward-talk would drive me crazy if the whole film was about him!

starwarsfreak34

smoker4
If its from the Daily Star it must be true, they informed me that Elvis was alive and well and working in a chip shop so it must be true, i'd buy it for a dollar anyway wacko

Moosooman
ive already heard hims tate 25 times he won't do another film but an animated series and a tv show

starwarsfreak34
people can change their minds. if u think about it he said that he wouldn't do any more films after episode 6 coz thats where that story ends. this could be an entirely new saga, another trilogy in the making. it's a NEW PLOT IDEA. it may not relate to 123456

smoker4
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
people can change their minds. if u think about it he said that he wouldn't do any more films after episode 6 coz thats where that story ends. this could be an entirely new saga, another trilogy in the making. it's a NEW PLOT IDEA. it may not relate to 123456

He didnt say he wouldnt do anymore after 6, he said that technology wasnt upto the standard he needed to do more at the time, hense the wait till he did the SE smokin'

Moosooman
Yeah i know what you mean. Would be nice i suppose as its harsh not having any more sw to look forward to

smoker4
Originally posted by Moosooman
Yeah i know what you mean. Would be nice i suppose as its harsh not having any more sw to look forward to

Theres still the live action TV and cartoon stuff to look forward to smile

Moosooman
Yeh the tv stuff looks good smile won't be anything on the films though i think

starwarsfreak34
there you go! smile couldn't we just all be friends and rejoyce for the fact that there IS going to be another star wars film?

Darth MoonPIE
I find this hard to believe, and if it is im very excited, if not.. oh well I'll live to see tomorrow.

smoker4
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
there you go! smile couldn't we just all be friends and rejoyce for the fact that there IS going to be another star wars film?

WTF? who agreed with you? laughing out loud

Anakin2Vader
was the star the one who printed the burnt anakin pics as well as said they would be "surfing" over lava??? they were right before.... heres hoping there right again

DeVi| D0do
This is a stupid idea, I hope it's not true... I still wont believe anything until I hear it myself from Lucas.

tlbauerle
Yeah...my journeys on the Ebon Hawk are just fine for me as pre-prequels.

Besides who gives a shit about Episode 0 or Episode -3???

DeVi| D0do
Seriously, could you handle an entire movie in which 90% of the dialogue is spoken backwards?

And if this takes place 100 years before TPM where the Sith had been extinct for over a millenia... what story is there to tell? You can't tell a story about a hero without a villain...

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just when I started to have more respect for Lucas, he does something like this.

Darth Jello
if he makes another prequal trilogy, is he gonna redo all the numbering? suddenly Jedi is episode IX!!!!!?

Darth Jello
also, i thought he said 800 years before ANH, that's doable, if most of the sith are dead, that can be interpreted as extinct. regardless, if you read Yoda's dialogue in the ROTS book and think that lucas will stick to it, Bane will be in this one.

nano_probex
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
And if this takes place 100 years before TPM where the Sith had been extinct for over a millenia... what story is there to tell? You can't tell a story about a hero without a villain...

There would be a villian. The Jedi 'think' the Sith are extinct but theyre not. Darth Plagueis or the Predecessor to him would properbly be in this movie 'if its true'. Because it would be when Palp was the padawan. Because I dont think he killed his master 1000s of years ago, do you?

But yea, without the Sith it wouldnt be a 'complete' movie. So obviosuly there must be one. Perhaps theres one of Yoda's species lol big grin

ragesRemorse
How many times does Georgy boy have to say he is done with star wars films? Why the hell would you want to watch yet another prequal?

Xam
this rumor has been going on for about 3 years

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by nano_probex
There would be a villian. The Jedi 'think' the Sith are extinct but theyre not. Darth Plagueis or the Predecessor to him would properbly be in this movie 'if its true'. Because it would be when Palp was the padawan. Because I dont think he killed his master 1000s of years ago, do you?

But yea, without the Sith it wouldnt be a 'complete' movie. So obviosuly there must be one. Perhaps theres one of Yoda's species lol big grin well obviously if the Jedi thought the Sith had been extinct for over a millenia they never came into contact with eachother... so there would be no confrontations or anything.

I still refuse to believe this. George can't be this stupid.

The Ones
its on TFN. ITS BEEN CONFIRMED!

DeVi| D0do
ohh, if it's on TFN it must be true

The Ones
hey the title said "LUCAS TALKS PRQUEL TPM FILM"

DeVi| D0do
"A long, long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

*sigh*

Mist
"A bit longer than last time, in the same galaxy far far away"

The Ones
lol

The Inkeeper
just checked all TV magazines in the house, as far as schedules go Lucas hasnt been on tv.

ragesRemorse
lucas is everywhere, lucas is in the trees, the rocks and even you, lucas is the force he is everywhere diddnt you know that?

Darth Blender
It turned out to be a fake. smile
The two TV series and the six films in 3D will come. Happy Dance

green dude
Just to tell you guys i guy named DarkYoda had a site he posted of an iterview with Lucas he said he thinking of making another movie but not directed by him and like someone said 100 years befor starwars episode I the only charater you would see or reconize would be Yoda he's 900 so he would be 800 i wonder what he is or what is his home planet is dosn't say but theres hope people that there will be another starwars movie (to bad starwars haters you can last another few years ) lol laughing long live SW and why not have another movie you could have a marathon of SW how many hours about two days none stoped and i if Lucas did do that you would see more Siths and ect

Darth Vicious
I think is genius on his part, if he wanted to make another trilogy what better way than to follow up on the whole Darth Plagueius(sp) story and ending it up with the birth of Anakin plus he could answer who was Sifo Dyas, we could have more jedi, i think it has a lot of promise if done right and i think it really doesnt have to be GL, another director could direct. Another possibility would be The New Jedi Order and Mark Hamill could play himself as a jedi master and his appearance wouldnt be a factor because a few years have passed sinde ROTJ and it would be believeable.

Daarrheel
I am with you on this one Darth Vicious, he could follow up on ROTJ and have Mark Hamill play himself ( He said he would do it cause he likes GL ) and it could be many years later so his current age would make sence.

DeVi| D0do
No.

smoker4
He's gonna make Hamill play with himself? one eye

Darth Vicious
himself as in "Luke Skywalker".

astrofan428
Originally posted by smoker4
He's gonna make Hamill play with himself? one eye

Okay that line alone isnt that great, but adding the cyclops makes it ****ing hilarious. laughing

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Darth Blender
It turned out to be a fake. smile
The two TV series and the six films in 3D will come. Happy Dance

What's the "confirmation" it turned out fake?

Rogue Jedi
what could he make another saga about? the new jedi order?

DeVi| D0do
Don't be daft. The new saga will be about Jar Jar and his adventures with Mace as they try to make it as an intergalactic singing duet.

Lazerlike42
lol

sounds a little bit like "Phil the Alien" scared

starwarsfreak34
i'd like to point out something that may clear up the episode 0 or -3 nonesense. GL has constantly said that he will not make another movie AFTER episode 6 ABOUT the skywalkers becuase that sotry if OVER. that SAGA is over. this new movie may be the beginning of a TOTALLY NEW SAGA, and any movies after 6 will also be a TOTALLY NEW SAGA--maybe even set NJO time and focusing on Anakin Jacen and Jaina.

DeVi| D0do
Wasn't the original idea for the third trilogy that it would run parallel to Episodes IV, V and VI? It was to be the story of another Jedi that survived Episode III...

mossman
George Lucas' only recent BBC interview was with Mark Lawson on Tuesday May 17.
He did not say there was going to be a new SW film.

The BBC were at C3, but there was no televised coverage of or footage from the event shown.
And the station's website carries the story from C3 wherein Lucas discusses the Clone Wars micro series and the planned live action series which will follow ROTS.
He also mentions the next Indy film being made, and says the following:

Lucas said he "never considered" extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six - Return of the Jedi.

"To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six," he said.

"It's the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further."

But, no - Lucas has never spoken of a new SW film on the BBC, recently or ever...
So your friend is lying.

DeVi| D0do
Bantha Tracks #8, Spring 1980:

SW: At one point there were going to be twelve Star Wars films.

GL: I cut that number down to nine because the other three were tangential to the saga. Star Wars was the fourth story in the saga and was to have been called Star Wars: Episode Four A New Hope. But I decided people wouldn't understand the numbering system so we dropped it. For Empire, though, we're putting back the number and will call it Episode Five: The Empire Strikes Back. After the third film in this trilogy we'll go back and make the first trilogy, which deals with the young Ben Kenobi and the young Darth Vader.

SW: What is the third trilogy about?

GL: It deals with the character that survives Star Wars III and his adventures.

Like I've always said... Lucas talks outta his arse all the time.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by mossman
George Lucas' only recent BBC interview was with Mark Lawson on Tuesday May 17.
He did not say there was going to be a new SW film.

The BBC were at C3, but there was no televised coverage of or footage from the event shown.
And the station's website carries the story from C3 wherein Lucas discusses the Clone Wars micro series and the planned live action series which will follow ROTS.
He also mentions the next Indy film being made, and says the following:

Lucas said he "never considered" extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six - Return of the Jedi.

"To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six," he said.

"It's the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further."

But, no - Lucas has never spoken of a new SW film on the BBC, recently or ever...
So your friend is lying.

so what about the article i posted. it must have some standing. "what can't speak, can't lie!"

mossman
Wasn't the original idea for the third trilogy that it would run parallel to Episodes IV, V and VI? It was to be the story of another Jedi that survived Episode III...

Lucas is quoted as refering to SW as a nine-part saga way, way back - even though he has later claimed this was never the case.
At one point he even joked that he was reuniting the old cast - some people took this literally...

I think the nine-part thing stems from the early scriptwriting process for what became ANH - the story evolved until it became clear that there was too much story for one film, and the decision was made to break it down into a series of films.
At one stage it was going to be nine films.
But there was no extra story, it was still going to be roughly the SAME STORY we now know as being spread across six films.

IE, there never was any story beyond the redemption of Darth Vader and the death of the Empire.

Anything else is pure EU.

Lazerlike42
I like it that way

DeVi| D0do
Lucas has contradicted himself so many times I don't believe anything he says anymore...

mossman
SW: What is the third trilogy about?

GL: It deals with the character that survives Star Wars III and his adventures.

Crikey - I've got that Bantha Tracks as well.
I'd forgotten he actually said that himself...

Bah!

Lucas has contradicted himself so many times I don't believe anything he says anymore...

Can't really argue with that...

cad
Originally posted by Red Superfly
There's a CGI Clone Wars project and a Live Action TV show. This was confirmed by Lucas himself in an interview I saw with my own eyes on TV.

The movies are DONE.

Deal with it.
yeah you are right they are done.

JohnnyBloom
he said that he would, then that he wouldn't, then that he would, then ... you get the idea!!!
And to be quite honest with you, it doesn't really matter what he's said - these lavishly rich film directors are addicted to changing their minds fifteen years down the line!

Decay
i read not long ago that he wasnt really considering anything and it would be a long time before he did, but if he were to make any others it would be hundreds of years before ep 1 and have a young yoda. he said if was too far off to even consider anything detail wise and its not likley to happen any time soon if at all.

dgeniu
The Sat Wars saga is over, the circle is complete, Anakin went through all the challenges the Force could offer.... slave, padawan, Jedi, Sith and Jedi Phantom redeemed by his son... It is perfect this way. Let`s leave it at that, shall we?

I

dgeniu
Damn, I should debug this PC.... Right, so I meant Star Wars, not Sat-whatever... And I wanted to add that Lucas knows the story is over and another movie would pretty-much turn things upside-down... I hear he would make a TV series about what happened between episodes III and IV, explaining why we don`t see Qui-Gon afterwards and how Obi-Wan learns to cheat death. That must be it.

Clone-pilot
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
he could make a new series set in the Star Wars universe and just call it something else...

ever think of that? He said there wouldn't be any more "Star Wars" films...but whats stopping him from making movies set in the same galaxy?

I think when he said "no more Star Wars films he meant no more films set in the Star Wars universe ... I could however , and hope I am ; wrong .

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by dgeniu
The Sat Wars saga is over, the circle is complete, Anakin went through all the challenges the Force could offer.... slave, padawan, Jedi, Sith and Jedi Phantom redeemed by his son... It is perfect this way. Let`s leave it at that, shall we?

I

NO NO NO NO AND NO! he said the SKYWALKER FAMILY saga is over. nothing else. episodes 1 to 6 were all about anakin. that story is finished. he said nothing of any new story until now

ccoo
I know many aren't fans of him, but Ben Burtt left Lucasfilm for Pixar today. He was with Lucas since the original Star Wars. People, there are not going to be anymore Star Wars ANYTIME SOON. The problem with saying they may happen in the future is that Lucas is 61 years old now, and can you really see him making another trilogy in his 70's? You have to have the hunger to make a great trilogy, like Lucas did in the originals and Peter Jackson did with LOTR. I really don't think he would want to do another trilogy.

DarthLazious
I thought ROTS was the last Star Wars movie?

DeVi| D0do
It is.

Darth Mourgus
Dee fratta thees oh akeeata.

Ewok language by the way. Means thats great.

fruits
there's gonna be a star wars 7,8, and 9. he wrote them already. or so ive heard.

fruits
here's a link to a plot summary of 7, then og to the bottom to find a link to a plot of summary of 8, then go to the bottom of that to find a plot summary of 9.

it says that 7 takes place 30 yrs after return of the jedi. and it focuses mainly on luke's son, ben skywalker, and han's son, anakin solo. read it for yourself

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html

Jedi Styles
Yeah that link to SuperShadow is an undeniable source... SuperShadow is a bunch of BS... Ignore it.

Jedi Styles
Also, Lucas' own words are exactly that Episode III is his last of the SW films.

Let it go, the guy has been working on Star Wars for 20+ years... The guy needs a break from it. Sure it'll be great to have him finish the story which is probably finished on paper (but not what supershadow is posting), but really each SW film takes time, effort and alot of eneregy.... Lucas needs a break and who knows maybe in another few years he'll pass it on to someone else to take finish the story...

ccoo
Supershadow is a fraud! People, don't believe anything from his website.

Thornbane
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
Yeah that link to SuperShadow is an undeniable source... SuperShadow is a bunch of BS... Ignore it.

If you use the Wayback Machine (archive.org has a link,) go ahead and see what his site said last year about ROTS. With the exception of minor details, he was 100% correct.

(archives ARCHIVES the pages, so there's no going back and changing them. What's written a year ago was written a year ago.)

Don't always doubt SS.

The Ones
he said: Grievous' eyes are ejected from their sockets when he dies and yoda finds a sith manuscript

he spoke bullshit and still does

CBright7831
Originally posted by fruits
there's gonna be a star wars 7,8, and 9. he wrote them already. or so ive heard.
You heard wrong.

It's OVER!

CBright7831

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Thornbane
If you use the Wayback Machine (archive.org has a link,) go ahead and see what his site said last year about ROTS. With the exception of minor details, he was 100% correct.

(archives ARCHIVES the pages, so there's no going back and changing them. What's written a year ago was written a year ago.)

Don't always doubt SS.

With a few exceptions he was 100% correct?

That's like me saying the declaration of independance from memory getting maybe 10 lines correct and then explaining that with the exception of half of it, I was 100% correct.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by fruits
I heard that in the year 2000 the world was going to end...

Jedi Styles
Thornbane

Didn't you hear the interview w/ Lucas... He said he's not going to do 7,8,9.. If you want to believe SuperShadow go ahead...

I believed President George Bush when he said that Iraq had Nuclear Weapons.. and when his father George Senior said that he wasn't going to raise taxes either...

But I say, go suck a lightsaber and enjoy supershadow... Just because of you I'm going to start a thread about supershadow.

ragesRemorse
I bet Georges kid will make a star wars flick once his dad dies and he become the heir to the star wars universe.

mike_kenobi
if lucas was to make another episode i honestly beieve it would be 7,8,&9

mossman
Originally posted by CBright7831
- Grievous fights Obi-Wan and Anakin takes on the body guards. However.... etc etc etc

....So yeah, SuperShadow is full of shit.

Good grief, wise up - all of those things were posted on Supershadow ONLY AFTER they had been leaked from the novel, first by Ternian at MF.Com, then at TF.N and then here and then every other message board in the frickin' galaxy.
That does not make him "right", does it?
It makes him "able to read and use the cut and paste function on his PC".
Before these things were leaked regarding ROTS - his Episode III plot outline was the funniest thing I have ever read, it was so far off the mark.
The scant details he had "got right" prior to the novel info leaking were facts that were readily available on the Official Site.

The guy is a looney, and does not know Geroge Lucas in any way, shape or form.
He posted an "Intervew" (HA!) with Lucas, dated when Lucas was confirmed to be on a different bleeding continent working on ROTS.
He said he had helped Lucas edit the film "round at his house" about three months before a final cut of the film was even made.

The site is a sick joke.

There is and will never be any Star Wars Episode 7, 8 or 9.
Lucas has said so on numerous occasions.
End of story.
Get over it.

Lazerlike42
lol.... someone posted a long thing explaining proof that SuperShadow is a fraud, and he had called up LucasFilm and everything. There's even a disclaimer somewhere on the site I think that says that SS does not know Lucas lol.... I read his May 31st post earlier and I'm not sure if it made me sick or if it made me laugh

starwarsfreak34
there is NO official 7, 8 9 this new film is a NEW story it will be the episode 1 (or 4) of this new story. asnd as for the script supposedly taking place 30+ yrs after RotJ that is a load of shit coz Ankain Solo is DEAD! he died 27 yrs after RotJ

DeVi| D0do
I'm telling you, there will be NO more films!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.