Luke Beru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supercybergeek
I mean how many other peoples last name are skywalker? If they are really trying to hide Luke, why not change his last name too? Or would that have been too much trouble?

Mist
well...he's underage...itd get all messy with the legal system and stuff...might need parental permission and all..stick out tongue

tpaquin
They don't want to sheild him from the proud skywalker tradition.

Owen and beru, if they had their way, would have named him Princeton lars, adn he would have become a very accomplished stormtrooper, eventually killed by Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, and some guy named Jeff.

LandoSpeeder2
If they did change his last name I doubt it would be his aunt's name. It would probably be Lars stick out tongue

Mist
well...as someone else mentioned somewhere before...whatever luke said about being on the furthest planet from the brightest spot in the galaxy etc..blah blah......not much chance in getting found..

plus....since both shmi and anakin have skywalker as theyre last name, and they were both from tatooine....skywalker could be a commonish name around there....who knows?

Creechuur
Smells like...PLOT HOLE!

Its fun to debate this stuff, but lets face it...Lucas is just sloppy.

Darth Plagueis
Do you suppose there are like big Skywalker family reunions on Buntas Eve???

Morgoths_Wrath
seriously though...it's a big galaxy. How many Skywalkers do you think there are? It's probably like the "Smith" of the SW universe.

dedjedi25
You would think that they would try to avoid the attention of Luke having the same last name as the little kid( and only human)who won the Pod Race. I'm sure there would be someone in the area who would recognize it.

supercybergeek
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
seriously though...it's a big galaxy. How many Skywalkers do you think there are? It's probably like the "Smith" of the SW universe.

I doubt it, where is there proof of this?

Darth Plagueis
Dude.........PROOF??
*waves hand*
"These aren't the noobs your'e looking for....."

Mist
yes...plagueis...im afraid they are the noobs youre looking for...

atomik
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

Actually, Antilles is the Smith of Star Wars wink
And I agree that he wasnt hidden very well. Palpatine knew about Anakin's family on Tatooine. In ep3 he refers to the time Anakin "felt revenge against the sand people"... or whatever the line is...

If Luke went to Dagobah with Yoda, Yoda could have given him a full Jedi training - not that he needed it.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Mist
yes...plagueis...im afraid they are the noobs youre looking for... laughing laughing out loud Damn you mist, I almost fell out of my chair!

supercybergeek
yeah that would have been a much better idea. to send him with yoda. And why did him an obi wan split up? geez the jedi are all wiped out, who the hell and I gonna train with if we don't stay together? LOL

Darth Plagueis
Man, the swamp is no place to raise a kid.....

supercybergeek
They could of went to Earth and Luke could work at a car wash and drive a corvette. Wait that really did happen!

Mist
yes they could haveno expression

Darth Kip
well then we wouldve been screwed

Mist
i think you need to go here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6575&highlight=star+trek

and join the other 9 people who posted something....

Darth Plagueis
Mist, where the hell did you find THAT? The last post was like 2 years ago!

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Man, the swamp is no place to raise a kid.....

He was raised in the swamp
In the back of a slough
He grew up eatin' rattlesnake meat
And drinkin' homemade brew...

Sorry, couldn't help it. Old Jerry Reed song.

Mist
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Mist, where the hell did you find THAT? The last post was like 2 years ago!

laughing out loud i just went into the movie discussion and searched star trek then took whatever was there.....there was only like 3 threads on star trek laughing laughing

the guy that posted about luke being on earth just sounds either retarded, trekkie, or both big grin

Tulak Hord
TREKKIE! KILL THE TREKKIES! TREKKIES ARE SW FANS GONE TO THE TREK SIDE! KILL THEM ALL!

supercybergeek
looks like a battle of the space nerds is brewing up

Tulak Hord
What's stronger? Our Lightsabers and Force powers or their wussy little tasers and rip-off lightspeed that they stole from us?

supercybergeek
who cares, its all nerdy

smoker4
Thats illogical

adele2k5
they kept his last name because it was his only link to his family(real) also yoda/obi kenobi knew anakin would never return to tattotine so Luke was safe there. They kept his last name so when the time was right vader/ palp would know that there was still a jedi left that could defeat them.

supercybergeek
sounds like the first place I would look.

Robin Darkside
Palp and Vader think Padme died with kids, there will be no looking

supercybergeek
well if they are not looking why not change lukes last name?

Fishy
Why would they? They aren't looking anyway, so no need to change the name

yerssot
plus it's the only planet Vader would never go take a look

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.