galactus v.s apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadow12
who would win

shadow12
i think apocalypse would win

kgkg
Galactus will ignore him

eL sTanKo
Galactus at his WEAKEST would fling A-poc out of exisitence. This is really a grossly one sided battle that borders are on being a non-battle.

mr.smiley
enenve though i'm furnkd.i know galactus would win.
drink beer and eat some of the wicked stuff man.
ten you know galactus wins

shadow12
yeah good point it sounded good when i was makeing the thread though

DrDoom
Apocalypse would get eaten alive. It wouldn't even really be a fight.

Galactus can MAKE ordinary people into guys that could take on Apocalypse (SS, Terrax),and he EATS PLANETS FOR DINNER!

Apocalypse has spent centuries planning and scheming...only to be stomped by the X-Men over and over again. He coulda been a contender...

Xplosive
Originally posted by kgkg
Galactus will ignore him

I can bet that Glacatus wouldn't ignore Apocalypse.

Xplosive
Originally posted by DrDoom
Apocalypse would get eaten alive. It wouldn't even really be a fight.

Galactus can MAKE ordinary people into guys that could take on Apocalypse (SS, Terrax),and he EATS PLANETS FOR DINNER!

Apocalypse has spent centuries planning and scheming...only to be stomped by the X-Men over and over again. He coulda been a contender...

Galactus has spent whole time since beggining of our universe to be stopmed and defeated several times by FF.

DrDoom
Yeah, but he can still beat Apocalypse with no trouble at all.
Deal with it.

Wickerman
As said earlier, Galactus MAKES beings that are stronger than Apocalypse. Before commenting, do a little bio research on the net about Galactus and how he came into being and then even consider putting him against Apoc.

~wickerman~

SuperMarv
This is equivalent to comparing an ant to a fully grown man. Galactus can do whatever he wants to Apoc just like a mean teenager can have fun torturing an ant but either way, whether he chooses to so or not the ant is still at the mercy of the human being the same way Apoc is with Galactus.

kgkg

Xplosive
Originally posted by DrDoom
Yeah, but he can still beat Apocalypse with no trouble at all.
Deal with it.

I dind't say anything, but I am certain that he wouldn't ignore Apocalypse at all.

ZephroCarnelian
Why wouldn't he? What's Apoc gonna do if he does, lol? Get really angry...? wink

Cosmic Flame
Surfer became Galactus' herald to save his own planet, not Earth.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus has spent whole time since beggining of our universe to be stopmed and defeated several times by FF.

rolling on floor laughing The universe is ONLY 8,000 years old? embarrasment

kgkg

ragesRemorse
I can bet that Glacatus wouldn't ignore Apocalypse.

I can bet that Galactus would infact ignore A-poc. Unless it was a comic just for the sake of having a cross over. If anyone can tell me anything lagitimate that A-poc would have to offer against galactus i will not classify this question as dumb ass. What serious threat would A-poc have to convince galactus to move across the Universe? Unless galactus became hungry for Earth, i doubt these two would ever meet, and if galactus did get hungry for Earth, what would A-poc seriously do to opose him. Answer this, can A-poc beat silver surfer? If you answered yes, you dont know squat about comics.

armandovalles
Galactus is only about 30 feet tall and cannot increase his size. Apocalypse starts out at about 7 feet tall but can grow to at least 100 feet. I think eventually Galactus would win, but it would be a very close battle because Apocalypse is much more powerful than people think. He can mold his body into any shape or form that he wants, whoot very powerful force blasts, has demonstrated some telekinetic powers, etc.

ragesRemorse
I htink people give A-poc more credit than he deserves. Just tell me how A-poc could produce enough energy to destroy Galactus. Galactus was spawned from the center of the Universe. A-poc was an evolutionary accident.

Xplosive
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I can bet that Galactus would infact ignore A-poc. Unless it was a comic just for the sake of having a cross over. If anyone can tell me anything lagitimate that A-poc would have to offer against galactus i will not classify this question as dumb ass. What serious threat would A-poc have to convince galactus to move across the Universe? Unless galactus became hungry for Earth, i doubt these two would ever meet, and if galactus did get hungry for Earth, what would A-poc seriously do to opose him. Answer this, can A-poc beat silver surfer? If you answered yes, you dont know squat about comics.

Apocalypse can squash Silver Sufer. If Galactus would ignore Apocalypse, Apolcapyse would increade, hit him from behind with great froce, strenght, that Galactus would be blown away (than Galactus would take him seriously, and if Galactus would be hungry, Galactus could be hurt form such strenght and don't tell me Apocalypse doesn't have the strenght to even move G) and would want to get rid of Apocalypse and not ignore him.

Beyonder
Apocalypse can squash Silver Sufer.

laughing out loud

Xplosive
Originally posted by Beyonder
laughing out loud

sick

ragesRemorse
Apocalypse can squash Silver Sufer. If Galactus would ignore Apocalypse, Apolcapyse would increade, hit him from behind with great froce, strenght, that Galactus would be blown away (than Galactus would take him seriously, and if Galactus would be hungry, Galactus could be hurt form such strenght and don't tell me Apocalypse doesn't have the strenght to even move G) and would want to get rid of Apocalypse and not ignore him.

I'm just curious if you even know who galactus is? You obviously do not know who silver surfer is, or atleast what he is capable of.

ZephroCarnelian
lol. Apoc beat Surfer? Mwahahaha...

Apoc is overrated.

The power cosmic would make him explode like an egg in a microwave.

It doesn't matter if Apoc is 7feet or 100feet tall.

Apache Chief from Superfriends could grow huge as well - could HE take Big G? No.

Size isn't everything, it's how you use it.

And Big G has a lot more to use than Apoc.

DrDoom
Originally posted by armandovalles
Galactus is only about 30 feet tall and cannot increase his size. Apocalypse starts out at about 7 feet tall but can grow to at least 100 feet. I think eventually Galactus would win, but it would be a very close battle because Apocalypse is much more powerful than people think. He can mold his body into any shape or form that he wants, whoot very powerful force blasts, has demonstrated some telekinetic powers, etc.

If Apoc went retarded and decided to grow 100 feet he would only do one thing: Become a 100 foot tall target practice dummy. Seriously, Galactus is SO far above Apoc it's just cruel pitting these two against eachother.

Xplosive
I'm just curious if you even know who galactus is? You obviously do not know who silver surfer is, or atleast what he is capable of.

No, I don't know who Galactus is and I don't know who Silver Surfer is, I don't know.

ragesRemorse
yeah, it diddnt sound like it.

Swanky-Tuna
No, I don't know who Galactus is and I don't know who Silver Surfer is, I don't know.
Here. Apocalypse for the lose

Galactus is like... a million Cables/Stryfes. Orr.... half a million bears on tiny bikes. Or 9 trillion Wolverines.

Oh, and I guest star in this comic.

ZephroCarnelian
Now that is the first one of your comics that I'd actually pay for Swank! wink

Xplosive
bump

leonidas
don't get me wrong, i think apoc is overrated too, but there was that nagging incident where he went toe to toe for a prolonged period against the high evolutionary, who in turn HAS gone toe to toe with galactus. the big g's fight against the HE was not a terribly decisive victory. then too, you gotta ask what power level big g's at. if he's really weak, seems like almost EVERYONE has beaten him. full power, no contest at all. low power, i think it MIGHT be a bit of a struggle given who's defeated g in the past. friggin' apoc just seems to be one of those villains that's kinda hard to figure . . .

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonidas
don't get me wrong, i think apoc is overrated too, but there was that nagging incident where he went toe to toe for a prolonged period against the high evolutionary, who in turn HAS gone toe to toe with galactus. the big g's fight against the HE was not a terribly decisive victory. then too, you gotta ask what power level big g's at. if he's really weak, seems like almost EVERYONE has beaten him. full power, no contest at all. low power, i think it MIGHT be a bit of a struggle given who's defeated g in the past. friggin' apoc just seems to be one of those villains that's kinda hard to figure . . .

I don't care, Apocalypse got status to be in cosmic leauge, his powers and that is it. And he went toe to toe against High Evolutionary (of course why not, he got cosmic status, so he can go and he actully had the upper hand in that fight agianst High Evolutionary), Black Bolt scream couldn't move Apocalypse, nothing and for BB scream it said that you must be in really high league to stand that blast (like I know, many doens't want to go agaisnt up with that scream), Apocalypse beat Celestial.

long pig
Apoc' beat a Celestial?

Xplosive
Originally posted by long pig
Apoc' beat a Celestial?

Yes, he did, beat him, wounded him badly.

long pig
Which one? What were the circumstances?

Xplosive
Originally posted by long pig
Which one? What were the circumstances?

Gambit vol. 3 # 3 it was mentioned that a Celestial came down to Earth and took the human form of Garbha Sien, the External Saul, and became an Asian conquerer, and Apocalypse defeated the Celestial, making him helpless (who had shown he still had his powers), wounded him badly.

ZephroCarnelian
Apoc. Beat. A. Celestial.

And. Then. Gets. Beat. By.

Freaks.

Hmmmmm.... I smell marine life....

armandovalles
Apocalypse is extremely underrated. He took BB's scream like it was nothing, which by the way took out Hulk and Gladiator, both who are people close to (Hulk) and at (Gladiator) Silver Surfer's level. He also did take out a Celestial, because i have that Gambit issue. He also went toe-to-toe with the High Evolutionary who is far stronger than guys like Onslaught, etc, and is equal to a normal-powered galactus.

Xplosive
Apocalypse is extremely underrated. He took BB's scream like it was nothing, which by the way took out Hulk and Gladiator, both who are people close to (Hulk) and at (Gladiator) Silver Surfer's level. He also did take out a Celestial, because i have that Gambit issue. He also went toe-to-toe with the High Evolutionary who is far stronger than guys like Onslaught, etc, and is equal to a normal-powered Galactus.

Yup, and was given cosmic status.

hoorayforpeepee
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP THIS APOC FANBOYISM!!! jesus h christ, it was never funny in the first place and now it just makes me think this board got %300 stupider.

Beyonder
Apocalypse is extremely underrated. He took BB's scream like it was nothing, which by the way took out Hulk and Gladiator, both who are people close to (Hulk) and at (Gladiator) Silver Surfer's level. He also did take out a Celestial, because i have that Gambit issue. He also went toe-to-toe with the High Evolutionary who is far stronger than guys like Onslaught, etc, and is equal to a normal-powered galactus.

Apocalypse stalemated HE. Apoc = HE

HE lost to Galactus, but looked good doing so. HE << Galactus

So Apoc = HE << Galactus

Apocalypse stood up to BB's scream. Apoc > BB

Sphinx lost to Galactus, but looked good doing so. Sphinx << Galactus

BB beat Sphinx. BB > Sphinx

So BB > Sphinx << Galactus.

Therefore: Galactus>>HE=Sphinx=Apoc>BB>Sphinx=HE=Apoc

Apoc beat who? A Celestial who did what? Came down to Earth and became an Asian conquerer? Conquerer of...let me guess...Asia? Well that speaks volumes about that Celestial's power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How can BB beat that? Oh, how's about BB's scream overloaded Watcher Doom.

And when Apocalypse withstood BB's scream, that was stupid as hell. It didn't even look like a scream. A whisper takes out guys like Gladiator & Hulk, but a so called scream is not going to affect Apocalypse? laughing out loud Talk about sh!t.

leonidas
ya know, it's like even the writer's themselves have no idea what apoc is really about. i for one have never been very clear in regards to just what level of power he really DOES have. he's hung with some big boys, but been bitchslapped by some littler boys. a little consistency in his character would be nice . . .

armandovalles
what issue of what comic did Apocalypse fight the High Evolutionary, ive been looking for it for months and i cant seem to find it.

leonidas
it was an x-factor annual, can't remember the number but it had the cool simonson cover.

DarkCrawler
Why can't he beat X-Men then? Can't he just blink them away if he is as powerful then Silver Surfer? Or at least, beat the X-Men psychically? Seriously, he was beaten by Stryfe. Stryfe is an clone of Gable. Silver Surfer beat Cable like red headed stepchild. The X-Men have beaten him more times then I can count. Invisible Woman stopped him in his tracks. He had to seek for an host body to survive. After his resurface, Jean Grey and Cable killed him easily.

I have yet seen him do anything that would grant him cosmic status.

whirlysplat
I can't believe this thread is still running.

big grin Big G

leonidas
<<I can't believe this thread is still running.

Big G>>

heheh. me either. it's more a discussion about just what the hell's up with apoc. i dont' seriously think anyone on here thinks apoc can beat g (at least not one that's starving!) but it's clear i'm not the only one confused by apoc's power level. as has been mentioned many times, he fights some big guns, HE, and even a celestial, apparently, and loses to the xmen regularly and even sue!

strange character . . . no wonder i've never liked him.

leonidas
and i forgot - there was an issue where apoc battled loki - i think it was some kind of annual, and apoc didn't seem to be doing very well. (yet one more reason NOT to see him as cosmic!) anyone know what issue that was? been driving myself nuts trying to remember . . .

long pig
X-Factor 50 i think.
He didn't do too well.

long pig
*loki didn't do too well.
Even though Apoc had help.

leonidas
thanks long! whew, that was driving me crazy! just glanced at the issue. not sure i agree with your assessment though. even trapped by the 'celestial' tech, loki escaped apoc's trap. i don't think apoc really want the fight to continue, and the way apoc and caliban talked at the end made it seem like they thought loki was the more powerful. that's just my opinion of course, but loki seemed to be the real threat of the 2 of them. either way, apoc did not beat him, and it was at best a draw. still doesn't say much for apoc's being a 'cosmic'.

armandovalles
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Why can't he beat X-Men then? Can't he just blink them away if he is as powerful then Silver Surfer? Or at least, beat the X-Men psychically? Seriously, he was beaten by Stryfe. Stryfe is an clone of Gable. Silver Surfer beat Cable like red headed stepchild. The X-Men have beaten him more times then I can count. Invisible Woman stopped him in his tracks. He had to seek for an host body to survive. After his resurface, Jean Grey and Cable killed him easily.

I have yet seen him do anything that would grant him cosmic status.

Stryfe was not just an ordinary clone of Cable, he was a clone, yes, of Cable, but he was stated to be close to twice as powerful as Cable himself.

long pig
I just remember Loki basically being driven off.

But, even so. If you can't murder Loki without help from high ups, you're no match for Galactus.

hoorayforpeepee
"Stryfe was not just an ordinary clone of Cable, he was a clone, yes, of Cable, but he was stated to be close to twice as powerful as Cable himself."

techno-organic mean anything to you?

colossus17
i dont believe that.at first i thought this was a joke thread....but there are some people here.who actually think A-poc can take out galactus....galactus is a fundamental part of the universe.....A-poc is just some powered up mutant.....galactus is what A-poc would be if you would increase his powers by 1,000,000

the Darkone
Galactus can increase his size but he does dosen't chose to do it because it drains his powers. He stood head to head with one above all (celestial) in infinity gauntlet# 5 and he is 2000 ft tall. Galactus will turn apocalypse into his bi**h.

armandovalles
Originally posted by colossus17
i dont believe that.at first i thought this was a joke thread....but there are some people here.who actually think A-poc can take out galactus....galactus is a fundamental part of the universe.....A-poc is just some powered up mutant.....galactus is what A-poc would be if you would increase his powers by 1,000,000

I never said i thought Apoc could take out Big G. I just said that it would be a much closer fight than most people think.

DarkCrawler
Stryfe was not just an ordinary clone of Cable, he was a clone, yes, of Cable, but he was stated to be close to twice as powerful as Cable himself.

And Silver Surfer was at least fifty times more powerful then Cable.

armandovalles
no, not at all actually, in one of the Cable/Deadpool issues going on now Cable went toe-to-toe with SS for almost a whole issue.

shadow12
wow i thought for sure this would of benn abandoned by now

kgkg
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Galactus is like... a million Cables/Stryfes. Orr.... half a million bears on tiny bikes. Or 9 trillion Wolverines.

nice pic Swanky-Tuna

leonidas
damn, swank. how is it that marvel or dc hasn't discovered you yet?

Beyonder
no, not at all actually, in one of the Cable/Deadpool issues going on now Cable went toe-to-toe with SS for almost a whole issue.

That was god-like Cable. He was doing things Apocalypse can only dream of.

ragesRemorse
it truly sounds like people are forgetting who galactus is.

kgkg
it truly sounds like people are forgetting who galactus is.
i agree smile

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder if two cables, or one cable with the power of two, could do anything to Galactus.

Xplosive

So Apoc = HE << Galactus

Apoc beat who? A Celestial who did what? Came down to Earth and became an Asian conquerer? Conquerer of...let me guess...Asia? Well that speaks volumes about that Celestial's power.

And when Apocalypse withstood BB's scream, that was stupid as hell. It didn't even look like a scream. A whisper takes out guys like Gladiator & Hulk, but a so called scream is not going to affect Apocalypse? laughing out loud Talk about sh!t.

As you saw, he whitstood that scream more than easily laughing out loud, had the upper hand aginst HE, beat Celestial, was given cosmic status, the problem is that he is not consitant.
DarkCrawler, Stryfe=God-like Cable (and we know how pwoerful he is), and everyone knew, if Apocalypse wouldn't be weaken that the outcome between Apocalypse and Stryfe would be compeltely different.
leonidas, no one knows what power level of Apocalypse trully is (it's been stated that his full power has never been revealed), but I think if they give him to hang with some big guys, given cosmic status, so I think his power level is extremely high, that why he was given cosmic status. And Apocalypse didn't see Loki as threat, like he didn't care and in that issue I got feeling that he is more pwoerful than Loki.
And I never said Apocalypse could take out G.

long pig
man, i thought i smoked a lot.

poc' needed help with loki.

leonheartmm

So Apoc = HE << Galactus

Apoc beat who? A Celestial who did what? Came down to Earth and became an Asian conquerer? Conquerer of...let me guess...Asia? Well that speaks volumes about that Celestial's power.

And when Apocalypse withstood BB's scream, that was stupid as hell. It didn't even look like a scream. A whisper takes out guys like Gladiator & Hulk, but a so called scream is not going to affect Apocalypse? Talk about sh!t.

lol, thas the biggest tload of crap ive ever heard, u cant always follow thge paper scissor rock rule in comics, look at this for example, wolverine beat and nearly killed magneto once{forget the lpace and ciecumstances} so wolvie is better than mags, now mags can handle all the xmen including jean grey all at once right, he even beat pheonix jean once, which means that mags is better than pheonix{again forget the circumstances of the victory, now pheonix ko'd galactus once right, so jean is greater thana galactus, now galactus can easily take on korvack right and has beaten him badly in the past, so galactus is greater than korvac, NOW korvack was able to work himself out of the TRIBUNAL'S ORGERS ONCE RIGHT? which means that korvack is ABOVE living tribunal, so LOGICALLY

wolverine>magneto>jean grey{with pheonix force}> galactus>korvack>living tribunal

SO THIS MEANS THAT WOLVERINE IS GREATER THAN THE TRIBUNAL AND IS ONLY ONE STEP BELOW THE ONE ABOVE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

ive done almost exactly what u did with the paper scissor rock thing, and look at the results!!!!!!!!!!!! just because of this, do u believe that wolverine is greater than the tribunal?

anyway, not even full potential cable should be compared to galactus, let alone surfer or bb or worst of all, APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonheartmm
let alone surfer or bb or worst of all, APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!

Apocalypse proved to be above BB.

leonheartmm
apocalupse didnt prove shit, hes not capable of defeating people like surfer or thor or sphinx, like blackbolt can.

K3VIL
Galactus is just everything Apocalypse only claimed and wanted to be.
A cosmic god, an immortal, a force of the universe, a supreme being, when he gets beaten he's always weakned or must face things like the Ultimate Nullifier.
Galactus can snap his fingers and throw Apoc away into another Galaxy at escape velocity.

Xplosive
apocalupse didnt prove shit, hes not capable of defeating people like surfer or thor or sphinx, like blackbolt can.

Apocalpyse would crush sphinx and Thor, crush them and with proper writing he should crush them easily.

leonheartmm
Apocalpyse would crush sphinx and Thor, crush them and with proper writing he should crush them easily.

ahhh, u have indeed step on the root of the problem, PROPER WRITING, what exacty is proper writing? seems like u just WANT apocalypse to be above surfer and thor, when hes obviously NOWHERE NEAR THAT POWER LEVEL. dont get me wrong, apoc is a HELLUVA COOL N MEAN LOOKIN VILLIAN, i personally would love it if he were above thanos power level but thas not the way it is, cause apocalypse was god like at an age and era where the most powerful in the whole of marvel was galactus, for that time, HE WAS GOD AMONG MUTANTS, but now, even with all the enhancements, hes not on par with most biengs. he got destroyed by an older less powerful version of cable, now the NEW godlike cable lost to surfer, n surfer is less powerful than thor, so i dont think well be seein apoc beat thor or surfer anytime soon.

DarkCrawler

And who won? smile

Xplosive

ahhh, u have indeed step on the root of the problem, PROPER WRITING, what exacty is proper writing? seems like u just WANT apocalypse to be above surfer and thor, when hes obviously NOWHERE NEAR THAT POWER LEVEL. dont get me wrong, apoc is a HELLUVA COOL N MEAN LOOKIN VILLIAN, i personally would love it if he were above thanos power level but thas not the way it is, cause apocalypse was god like at an age and era where the most powerful in the whole of marvel was galactus, for that time, HE WAS GOD AMONG MUTANTS, but now, even with all the enhancements, hes not on par with most biengs. he got destroyed by an older less powerful version of cable, now the NEW godlike cable lost to surfer, n surfer is less powerful than thor, so i dont think well be seein apoc beat thor or surfer anytime soon.

Come on, Apocalypse would crush Thor. SS is more powerful than Thor.

K3VIL
1st is wrong.2nd is right.
Apocalypse would crush Thor?The X-Men can fight and beat him, Thor can murder him.
GodForce anyone?
Or wanna talk about Thor's physical strenght plus fightning abilities and experience, reflexes, speed, resistance to injuries, and the mighty Mjolnir?Wanna talk of Thor being able to create ground zero power magical lightnings like in Ragnarok saga?
Apocalypse is a wanna be conquerer, and nothing else.

the Darkone

Thor is a f**king god of thunder. Thor is more powerful apocalypse only apocalypse is smarter and that's it. Apocalypse will get used and abused by thor if some type of miracle that apocalypse can beat him then apocalypse would have to deal with Odin "skyfather" apocalypse will sh** in his pants. Galactus will absorb apocalypse power and leave him for dead in space.

leonidas
<<Come on, Apocalypse would crush Thor. SS is more powerful than Thor.>>

actually wrong on both counts. ss has never beaten thor in any circumstance and thor in the past has held back against a surfer who's own power was AUGMENTED by loki! even loki has stalemated ss and thor is much more powerful than loki. loki and apoc seem to be on a close power level - least it appeared that way in x-factor 50, though i personally gave the slight edge to loki.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Your picture sucks, Swanky. Just thought you should know.

Mider
You people dont know anything about Apocalypse indestructability goes a long way i mean apprently Hyperion killed Galactus by just being extremly strong and durable does that mean He can reshape the universe no i dont think so and Thor more powerful then Apocalypse yeah right Apocalypse would own SS, Thor, Hulk why cause its logical someone who can have almost any super power not defeat these guys now thats stupid.

kgkg

actually wrong on both counts. ss has never beaten thor in any circumstance and thor in the past has held back against a surfer who's own power was AUGMENTED by loki! even loki has stalemated ss and thor is much more powerful than loki. loki and apoc seem to be on a close power level - least it appeared that way in x-factor 50, though i personally gave the slight edge to loki.
SS is not like Thor he is always holding back

As for loki those where his first comics.

Now his powers are used more wisely

Silver took a full blast from Korvac (that was going to blow a planet to bits) like nothing happened.

Korvac made the avengers look shit.

SS was seen as the stronger one by Tyrant: BRB , Gladiator , Morg etc

kgkg
Originally posted by Mider
You people dont know anything about Apocalypse indestructability goes a long way i mean apprently Hyperion killed Galactus by just being extremly strong and durable does that mean He can reshape the universe no i dont think so and Thor more powerful then Apocalypse yeah right Apocalypse would own SS, Thor, Hulk why cause its logical someone who can have almost any super power not defeat these guys now thats stupid.
According to Hyperion

He is > eternity hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about NO! Gladiator was giving him a good fight

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mider

He can grant himself any power, but only to a certain degree. He's no cosmic, and his power certainly isn't limitless.

shadow12
plz no swearing

leonidas
<<SS is not like Thor he is always holding back
Now his powers are used more wisely>>

i am NOT having this debate with you. ss went all out against loki in that stalemate. yes ss popularity has risen, and with it, his powers may have magically grown, but he was awfully powerful in his first series (his BEST series, still) but it's not going to matter what i say, you're gonna think ss is more powerful than thor, and i say thor is the more powerful. course, if i say it's black, you'll say it's white . . .

<<Silver took a full blast from Korvac (that was going to blow a planet to bits) like nothing happened.>>

different korvacs.

<<Korvac made the avengers look shit.>>

thor was still standing at the end of it.

<<SS was seen as the stronger one by Tyrant: BRB , Gladiator , Morg etc>>

doesn't have relevance. bill's bill, thor's thor. similar powers, but thor's a god. and thor's the guy who usually goes after these kinds of supremely powerful villains ALONE! (eg - a simple recent example is when he went after mangog and thanos in the battle for the chalice, a more distant example, when he actually challenged the celestials) thor doesn't NEED to gather 'cosmic' allies - he finds a way to win these types of battles on his own.

and we're waayyyyy off topic.

galactus crushes apocalypse.

kgkg
<<SS is not like Thor he is always holding back
Now his powers are used more wisely>>

i am NOT having this debate with you. ss went all out against loki in that stalemate. yes ss popularity has risen, and with it, his powers may have magically grown, but he was awfully powerful in his first series (his BEST series, still) but it's not going to matter what i say, you're gonna think ss is more powerful than thor, and i say thor is the more powerful. course, if i say it's black, you'll say it's white . . .

<<Silver took a full blast from Korvac (that was going to blow a planet to bits) like nothing happened.>>

different korvacs.

<<Korvac made the avengers look shit.>>

thor was still standing at the end of it.

<<SS was seen as the stronger one by Tyrant: BRB , Gladiator , Morg etc>>

doesn't have relevance. bill's bill, thor's thor. similar powers, but thor's a god. and thor's the guy who usually goes after these kinds of supremely powerful villains ALONE! (eg - a simple recent example is when he went after mangog and thanos in the battle for the chalice, a more distant example, when he actually challenged the celestials) thor doesn't NEED to gather 'cosmic' allies - he finds a way to win these types of battles on his own.

and we're waayyyyy off topic.

galactus crushes apocalypse.

Yes god of Tunder that can't handle hulk with ease.

or are you talking about the God of Thunder that lost a battle with jugs.(while trying)

am not debating with you , just from all my reading SS is above thor.

Anyway back to topic i don't want to debate

and yes Galactus wins isn't that what matters big grin

Xplosive

Thor is not more pwoerful than SS, SS is more powerful than Gladiator, Gladiator was crushing Thor, and SS would crush Thor as well.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Your picture sucks, Swanky. Just thought you should know.
Jealous?

leonidas
<<Yes god of Tunder that can't handle hulk with ease.>.

they just have different powers. let's see ss just use his fists instead of the power cosmic. his energy attacks are LESS effective against thor, because thor can block them (and has even absorbed them!) with his hammer.

<<or are you talking about the God of Thunder that lost a battle with jugs.(while trying)>>

never saw ss take juggs down either. (and that's a low blow - you know i hate the fact that thor hasn't definitively beaten juggs!!)

<<am not debating with you>>

well . . . good!

<<Anyway back to topic i don't want to debate>>

whew! me niether.

<<and yes Galactus wins isn't that what matters>>

have you noticed apoc getting an awful lot of luv 'round here lately? man . . .

Lord S
beat Celestial, was given cosmic status Oh yes, let us talk about the mighty Apocalypse defeating a Celestial.

I was curious about this in another thread too...something seemed amiss, and I think I have found it.

Does anyone remember the name Ashema? She was a Celestial, in human form, who came down to Earth in the Heroes Reborn Universe and was SEVERELY powered down. This was part of that 7-part, loosely connected, Heroes Reborn series that centered around Dr. Doom. Anyway, she had a very difficult time getting past a mere Atlan. She did not retain her Celestial powers, and barely made it out alive.

Now, how it relates to this whole 'Apoc beating a Celestial' business is simple...I'd wager that this same type of scenario is what went down with that Asian Celestial. Any time a cosmic being takes a form of avatar, that avatar is a pale imitation of the true being. So technically you can say 'Apoc beat a Celestial'...but Apoc did not beat a Celestial in cosmic form...at best he beat a shadow of the Celestial...how you give him cosmic status for that is beyond me. Are we about to award an Atlan for almost having his way with Ashema as well? I will definitely read Gambit #3 to get a better sense of what happened.

This thread is a joke. Apocalypse has no business having his name in print next to the likes of Galactus.

That's like pitting a Hyundai Accent on a drag strip next to a Dodge Viper.

FieryBalrog
is anyone seriously arguing for Apocalypse against Galactus? confused

Mainstream
Apoc anit that strong....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.