8th day Juggernaut/WarHulk vs Magneto/(precrisis) superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
A huge battle.I don't know who would win this one.I guess it just depends on which team makes the first move.

mr.smiley
i'm gonna say magneto and supes wins

Xplosive
I go with WarHulk and 8th Day Juggernaut

mr.smiley
They diffently have more power.I just thinking magnetos new ugrades might help him and supes out.I pretty much see it either way,but perhaps your right.

ZephroCarnelian
Mags makes a blackhole and Supes sneezes them into it.

whirlysplat
Can you all say mismatch. Precrisis Supes, badabing reading actually buy some comics from that era and you will see how he would destroy galactus etc.

ZephroCarnelian
Too true Mr Whirly-meister. PreC Supes is a badass, but people just don't seem to realise that....

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Can you all say mismatch. Precrisis Supes, badabing reading actually buy some comics from that era and you will see how he would destroy galactus etc.

oh yes whirly that same pre crisis supes had trouble with CM , and a monkey. confused

ZephroCarnelian
lol

Calm down, Kage! big grin

You know how inconsistantly written Supes was.

He did have times when he had trouble with a monkey. But he also had times why he was omnipotent.

When you argue in a characters favour, you highlight their good showings. Jugs is beaten every five minutes by the X-Men and Hulk was winded by a kick from Batman! big grin

But those don't show the characters true power.

Same with Supes.

View the glass as half full, dude.

ragesRemorse
who is 8th day juggernaut?

ZephroCarnelian
I think 8th Day is where Cytorrack gave him extra powers suhc as being able to punc his way through time and space, things like that.

ragesRemorse
how the hell do you punch through time and space, and why the hell would cytorrack do that, was it recent? wait i dont wanna know, i stopped reading marvel for a reason.

ZephroCarnelian
lol! I dunno how you do it either.

But then, Superheroes arent sposed to make sense, lol.

Check out the MultiFiction forum, peeps! JRR*InsertName* rocks!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

But then, Superheroes arent sposed to make sense, lol.

you definently have a valid point there

DrDoom
PrCrisis Superman: "Eric go warm the car up, this shouldn't take long"

Seriously, you guys should buy some of the Superman archives--the guy juggled PLANETS. He could pierce the time/space barrier without even trying. His sneezes were deadly for god's sake...

ragesRemorse
the superman stories are little to nutty for me. You cant exactly pick a comic up in the middle of series and know whats going on. I read superman for a while until i came upon the whole earth 1 and earth 2 and infinite earth crap. Isnt one superman enough?

DrDoom
lol yeah, DC had to reboot it's entire line because of the clutter.

They had like 10 alternate takes on Earth with like 6 Supermen...

ragesRemorse
how did they clean it up, just not mention it anymore? I know thats how most comics resolve things "ah, we'll just forget is ever happened"

DrDoom
They had an event called "Crisis on Infinite Earths" where they basically destroyed almost every alternate Earth, then smooshed most of the old ones together to form the current DCU.

Check it out

http://www.io.com/~woodward/chroma/crisis.html

It's crazy how many Earths DC had around back then.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by whirlysplat

I don' know about taking galactus.

ZephroCarnelian
He could.

He'd fly around him in circles as fast as he could and Galactus would turn into a doughnut.

mr.smiley
ha!
Unless supes can generate a blast like the Big Bang i say no.

GalacticStorm
8th day juggernaut wasnt the one that punched through dimensions. That was Juggernaut in the Trion dimension. 8th Day Juggs was just enhanced because of the Octessence. Classic Thor fought him and got owned because his strength and durability were augmented to such an extent that thor was getting brushed away like a bug.

Because of this i go for Mags and Supes. Id probably go for them anyway just because PreC Supes' abilities were just crazy.

leonidas
ah, we disagree (well, not really i guess) in the other thread, but are in agreement here. mags and supes win.

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
8th day juggernaut wasnt the one that punched through dimensions. That was Juggernaut in the Trion dimension. 8th Day Juggs was just enhanced because of the Octessence. Classic Thor fought him and got owned because his strength and durability were augmented to such an extent that thor was getting brushed away like a bug.

Because of this i go for Mags and Supes. Id probably go for them anyway just because PreC Supes' abilities were just crazy.
The same thing happened with regular Jugs lol
big grin

ragesRemorse
what issues or series can pre crisis superman be found in?

DrDoom
They have the Superman Archives, and a couple of TPBs. Later this year DC will be releasing it's "All-Star" Series--basically it's the Pre-Crisis universe, but it's been going on uninterrupted since DC started (so it's 2005 there), and there hasn't been any crisis.

It will show Pr-Crisis Supes in all his man-god glory, and a Batman who is just staring to train his first sidekick.

I still wish it was an Ultimate version of DC instead of this though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.