which xmans energy blast would disrupt supermans bio field?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Does anyone know?

FieryBalrog
Jubilee

Superherovandal
Yeah true I mean those fireworks she has gave 3rd degree burns to LT and Galactus.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Yeah true I mean those fireworks she has gave 3rd degree burns to LT and Galactus.

dude, she DETONATES matter at the ATOMIC level. ATOMIC zorro

Xplosive

Bad joke.

Sentry
Well Magneto could easily. I know he's not an X-man, but he could do it. Similar what Triumph did to Superman. Nearly killing him. Havok and Cyke maybe could do it. Storm if she let's loose, maybe. Supes doesn't fare well against lightning attacks for some reason. Polaris could as well. God like Cable could psionically mess him up. Any incarnations of the Phoenix could create sufficiently powerful basts that could easily disrupt his bio field. Blasts from Magik II could mess him up pretty bad because her blasts are charged with ambient magical energy. I know she's not an X-man. Their could be more, I just can't think of all of them right now.

Superherovandal
Havok and Cyclops won't be disrupting anything neither will Storm.

Xplosive
Havok, I don't know, I think he could, Cyclops not.

Superherovandal
no what could Havok possibly do to Supes.

Sentry
Well maybe not Cyke and Storm, but isn't Havok's blast like cosmic radiation or some thing along the lines? Cosmic energy/radiation he absorbs? If he let's loose, I think he could dirupt it for a brief period of time.

Xplosive
no what could Havok possibly do to Supes.

Full powered blast form Havok could hurt Superman.

Sentry
Ok, the first qoute is from mutathigh.com or something, the other one is from uncanny x-men.net. He could possibly mess Supes up.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok, the first qoute is from mutathigh.com or something, the other one is from uncanny x-men.net. He could possibly mess Supes up.

Yup, Havok can absorb cosmic energy and shoot powerful blast, so I think he could hurt Superman.

Zahit
professor x or phoenix are the only ones remotely capable of beating superman.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Zahit
professor x or phoenix are the only ones remotely capable of beating superman.

now thats not true......iceman not in character COULD stand a chance....but since this is about blasts......id say Havok's is just super hot plasma....doesnt supes live in a sun to become prime? thats pretty hot and i think he could withstand Havoks blasts....cyclops is a just a force blast...no heat.....and Storm with like chain lighting maybe........idk.....i dont think that a direct blast from any of them could hurt supes....but other ways to defeat supes? i could think of lots of ways.....or at least a few.

Sentry
It depends what kind of energy Havok absorbs. He can absorb a wide variety of different types of energy. Havok could possibly hurt Superman with Plasma charged with radiation or even cosmic energy. Of course these are just theories. If Cyclops let's loose, he could hurt Supes. Didn't Cyke hurt Onslaught with his optic blast? If he did, I think he could stun Superman for a brief period of time, I say a matter of seconds. Nothing that'll do any permanent damage whatsoever. He is Superman after all.

FieryBalrog
This isn't about beating supes, just disrupting his invulnerability field. I'm pretty sure lightning and such disrupt it, so Storm could.

Superherovandal
no he was touching the electrical grid which powered all of Metropolis, which is probably the most advanced human city in comic books, which is trillions upon trillions of megawatts.

Wickerman
If you wanna argue about Havok doing that, you're making a terrible show of it. Stop talking about how his plasma blasts would affect him, because they most likely wouldn't. Instead, talk about how he could use his power to try to absorb the cosmic energy that powers supes.

"Havok absorbs ambient stellar energy"

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Wickerman
If you wanna argue about Havok doing that, you're making a terrible show of it. Stop talking about how his plasma blasts would affect him, because they most likely wouldn't. Instead, talk about how he could use his power to try to absorb the cosmic energy that powers supes.

"Havok absorbs ambient stellar energy"

~wickerman~

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ridiculous roll eyes (sarcastic) ill researched huh and hilarious laughing no reply required sad

markolin
no he was touching the electrical grid which powered all of Metropolis, which is probably the most advanced human city in comic books, which is trillions upon trillions of megawatts.

A normal storm produces enough energy to power the city of New York for months.

Superherovandal
yeah but does New York have B13 tech? Tech like self repairing traintracks etc.

Cosmic Flame
Storm has created a storm so large that it covered the entire East Coast of North America. If we're talking about interrupting his energy field, I think she can do it.

FieryBalrog

youre really underestimating the energy contained in storms. A single hurricane has hundreds of nukes worth of power.

Superherovandal
I hope you're talking about the nukes that were used on Japan cause if your talking about a H bomb a hundred of those and there wouldn't be any N. America.

Sentry
Ohhh, I forgot about Chamber. Here's little info from Uncanny X-men.net

I think Chamber could very well disrupt Superman's bio field.

Sentry
How bout Gambit? If he touches Supes shield, could he possibly disrupt it? I think he could only for a short while. Again some handy stats from Uncanny X-men.net:

Superherovandal
No way. Gambit. No way.

Sentry
Again this is not a fight, this is just a thread to see if X-men could disrupt his bio shield. Gambit at his prime is similar to New Sun or practically the same. It was Gambit who battled New Sun and impaled him on that statue thing.

No way you say?

Isn't Superman's shield some kind of bio organic shield? If it is, A full powered Gambit could possibly disrupt it for a short while maybe even shut it down. Most likely not, but it's possible. big grin

wannabe
The comment about Havoc absorbing SM's energy is not at all ridiculous. He did something like this to the Hulk and within an atomic powerplant to keep it from exploding...both with success!

Wynndar
he wasnt intentionally absorbing energy from the Hulk, or draining him. He was getting pumped up just by being in the Hulk's vicinity. It made him uber powerful, but he was not draining the Hulk.

Glimmerone
I remember that comic, it was went professor hulk fought X-Factor. I think Havok was using his powers in manipulating the Gamma radiation within hulk's body to slow him down, since they couldn't stop him and weren't winning the battle with hulk. Havok told the hulk to surrender or he would blast him, and that in the hulk's weaken condition(which was due to Havok using his powers to mess with the gamma radiation in hulk's body, hulk wouldn't survive if he blasted him. I do think that Havok probably was powering himself up off of the gamma radiation in the hulk body or preventing it from sucking in more gamma radiation, while manipulating the amount hulk's body already had.

In the case of Superman's bio-energy field, which many people think of as a forcefield, it is but isn't. It's not a force field in the sense of a shield that surrounds his body and is responsible for his being invulnerable. Superman's body is invulnerable inside out, it hyper-metabolizes solar energy. Each and every one of the cells in his body are like miniaturize suns when he's powered and since he is a living solar battery as all kryptonians are, he's always naturally absorbing sunlight from stars. The bio field or Aura, as it's very well known is the result of his body being very efficient and effective at metabolizing solar energy. It's akin to our planet earth Sun's Corona. The outer effect of what so wonderfully takes place inside, and just like our sun's corona is very useful and has a job of its own. It protects anything that is skintight close to supe's body(like his superman outfit) and it also adds to the effectiveness of his body's already excellent solar absorption process. So, its a bio-field or Aura that comes from the solar powered cells of supe's already invulnerable(as long as cells are fill with solar energy) body and not some shield covering his body like a forcefield.

ragesRemorse
X-man...X-man could fuk superman up.

Cosmic Cube
Any energy that isn't generated by the sun can disrupt the bio-field. Therefore, anything besides light, radio waves, microwaves, UV light, infrared light, and X-Rays could potentially harm him.

ragesRemorse
does that mean banshee could potentially collapse Supes skull?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
does that mean banshee could potentially collapse Supes skull?

Considering the fact that Superman has "super-hearing," I'm sure Banshee's scream would have very detrimental effects, though I doubt his head would collapse. Sound is merely kinetic energy.

Cosmic Cube
Rages, is that Gene Wilder in your sig?

ragesRemorse
lol, no it's john lenon. I couldnt find a pic of wilder, or that would be him .

soundwaves can theoretically break bones,and stop your heart from beating so why can they not crack break your skull.

Cosmic Cube
Here's one. His nose is huge.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
lol, no it's john lenon. I couldnt find a pic of wilder, or that would be him .

soundwaves can theoretically break bones,and stop your heart from beating so why can they not crack break your skull.

Not if you're invulnerable. It takes a lot of kinetic energy to get through Superman's bio aura.

FieryBalrog
electrical energy does disrupt it. So again, I think Storm is an excellent candidate for breaching his bio field, although of course a heads up battle is something else.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Here's one. His nose is huge.

awww, sweet dude. you da man. Got any others?

Yeah i forgot that Superman is invulnerable, so i guess banshee could do very little to supes. I'm sure supermans willpower could overcome banshees scream, unless banshee took some roids and was able to increase the power of his scream to a level that could pierce supes indestructability, and then break his bones. I think roids are illegal in marvel though.

Cosmic Cube
Gamma irradiated vocal chords, maybe?

Here's another.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.