God-like SPAWN vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BENITO
Black versus white
dark versus light
realism vs. personality less
loner vs. team player
hell vs. krypton
power vs. power

who wins?
you decide

BENITO
SPAWN would whip Superman's ass

dominic/wolf
what can spawn do besides throw chains

Mider
From what ive heard even when Spawn was not a god He could manipulate reality but had limitations this god like Spawn has no such limitations and became the ruler of Hell even killing His former Master Malbolga

ragesRemorse
I'm just curious what people think Superman is going to do to Spawn, At that rate, what is Spawn going to do to Superman? All Spawn needs to do is take superman into Hell, however, i doubt Spawn could pull that one off. There is no way Spawn can entrance Superman. these two would just beat the shit out of each other untill one of the two got bored. they could not do anything critical enough to each other. Even if supes did kill spawn, he would just keep comming back. Spawns chains and hell powers are NOT going to kill Superman.

brainchild81
Supes is vulnerable to magic. Whether normal Spawn could take him is debatable. God-Like Spawn would slay Superman's lame a$$ once and for all. smile

ragesRemorse
Spawn doesnt use magic, and he is no more powerfull than he ever was before. He just has more at his disposal. Dont forget that heavens assasins would porbably be all over his shit for fighting Superman.

brainchild81
How would you define Spawn's powers?

ragesRemorse
energy. spawns abilities are not merely manifested, they are fed from a source.

BENITO
Originally posted by brainchild81
Supes is vulnerable to magic. Whether normal Spawn could take him is debatable. God-Like Spawn would slay Superman's lame a$$ once and for all. smile

yep some fanboy's gonna come along and say superman though

But god-like spawn actually beat up Zeus or so I'm told.

ragesRemorse
There is nothing Spawn could do to Superman save transport him into hell. there is also nothing Superman can do to Spawn.

BENITO
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
There is nothing Spawn could do to Superman save transport him into hell. there is also nothing Superman can do to Spawn.

right..

ragesRemorse
okay, excluding transporting superman into hell, what is Spawn going to do to Superman.

whirlysplat
I hate Todd Mcfarlane

heres why:

http://www.sequart.com/miracleman.htm

ragesRemorse
He is a superb artist and a sensible writer, so what ever his business decesions or complications are, i dont care. As for promosing the various titles to his fans, i remeber that. He never promised or stated anything. He said he was working on new idea's that is all he said.

whirlysplat
He is a superb artist and a sensible writer, so what ever his business decesions or complications are, i dont care. As for promosing the various titles to his fans, i remeber that. He never promised or stated anything. He said he was working on new idea's that is all he said.

As far as his writing goes.....well I am glad you like it. Personally I have got far more pleasure out of the works of both Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman and I think if you asked most fans and critics above the age of 12 they would agree that along with Frank Miller you have the three most influential comic writers of all time. The fact the Mr Mcfarlane, who henceforth I will refer to as "The Toddler" as prevented one of Moores greatest works Miracleman being published for the last decade as meant a whole generation have been deprived of perhaps his greatest work. The fact the Toddler tried to lay claim to it prevented Gaiman writing new stories for the character and issue 25 onwards being published.

For more details and how the Toddler lost in court see here

http://www.alanmoorefansite.com/faq/miracleman.html

for another losing day in court for the toddler and more questionable ethics see here

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2004/12/ spawn_creator_todd_mcfarlane_forced_into_bankruptc
y.html

for more on the Toddler try a google search on "Todd Mcfarlane Miracleman Gaiman Lawsuit" or "Todd Mcfarlane creditors" or "Todd Mcfarlane Tony Twist" or "Todd Mcfarlane owes money"

He is not a nice man

Keep the faith
mad

ragesRemorse
who the hell ever compared mcfarlene to moore in the first place? I just said i thought he was asensible writer and that is more than can be said for %80 of todays writers. I could give a flip less what he has screwed people out of with miracleman. His accompishments with Spawna nd spiderman are far greater than anything moore would have done with yet another pansy in tights.

Besides i think you forget that there is always two sides to every story, and in the case of a miracleman who cares? In that article it says Mcfarlene bought the rights to miracle man, and was going to give them to moore for owed royalties from Spawn. this is to much arguing for a character i could care less about.

BENITO
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I hate Todd Mcfarlane

heres why:

http://www.sequart.com/miracleman.htm

at least he tyes up story-lines unlike DC and Marvel at times
in a way other than with one bound are hero was free that's for 3 year olds that technique

whirlysplat
who the hell ever compared mcfarlene to moore in the first place? I just said i thought he was asensible writer and that is more than can be said for %80 of todays writers. I could give a flip less what he has screwed people out of with miracleman. His accompishments with Spawna nd spiderman are far greater than anything moore would have done with yet another pansy in tights.

Besides i think you forget that there is always two sides to every story, and in the case of a miracleman who cares? In that article it says Mcfarlene bought the rights to miracle man, and was going to give them to moore for owed royalties from Spawn. this is to much arguing for a character i could care less about.

Well I could care about it, as it was far superior to Spawn, at least in the eyes of most who have actually read both roll eyes (sarcastic) Its easy though to have opinions on things you have never read. Well done!! big grin

Truncated version

Madness or modernity?: The Holocaust in two Anglo-American comics

Robert Eaglestone

Royal Holloway, University of London

Abstract:

This article looks at the ways in which the two Anglo-American comics, Desert Peach and Miracleman, explain the Holocaust. I highlight their differences from Maus, the starting point for nearly all discussions in English about comics and the Holocaust. Donna Barr's Desert Peach is about the fictional younger brother of Erwin Rommel, the 'Desert Fox'. The stories are rather like a World War II German version of M*A*S*H. However, her account of the Holocaust offers the widely accepted and widely criticized 'good German' story: that, although the SS and Nazi High Command were perpetrators in the genocide, the 'Honourable' German army were bystanders who did not commit atrocities. Her basically liberal paradigm means that 'Nazi madness' is the only explanation. In contrast, Alan Moore's superhero allegory, Miracleman suggests that there is an inextricable alliance between modernity and the death camps. By highlighting the similarities between this and Adorno's discussion of the 'myth of the Enlightenment', I suggest that this story, in which blond Aryan superheroes take over the world is a conscious allegory for the Holocaust and is both a warning about the power of Enlightenment thought and an analysis of it.

http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/app/home/contribution.asp?wasp=20ddb11a948843ed92ffd5816fc7da0b&referrer=parent& amp;backto=issue,6,11;journal,9,17;linkingpublicat
ionresults,1:104727,1

for full thesis

Just one of the things he did with the "pansy" in tights

"I wish people would research there posts" Rages Reamorse May 2005 do Aliens exist thread

Keep the faith big grin Keep it Whirly angel

Mider
Wasnt this thread about god like Spawn vs Superman what could god like Spawn do anyway?

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Wow. . . this thread isn't trolling at all.

Mider
Once again what were god like Spawns powers again?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Mider
Once again what were god like Spawns powers again?

Mider "they were godlike" big grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Wow. . . this thread isn't trolling at all.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Well done roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its not even spamming big grin

Definitions

http://www.answers.com/trolling&r=67

http://www.answers.com/spamming&r=67

Glad I could help big grin

Keep the faith big grin Keep it Whirly Happy Dance

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well done roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its not even spamming big grin

Definitions

http://www.answers.com/trolling&r=67

http://www.answers.com/spamming&r=67

Glad I could help big grin

Keep the faith big grin Keep it Whirly Happy Dance

Alow me to expand your vocabulary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

whirlysplat
Alow me to expand your vocabulary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

roll eyes (sarcastic) are you acusing me of trolling roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
Superman wins because Todd McFarlane sucks.

whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) are you acusing me of trolling roll eyes (sarcastic)

If so I suggest you complain and ask the moderator to read this thread

Your Link actually talks about attempts to disrupt status quo not provide information about the creator of one of the characters being discussed.

big grin Please don't accuse people of things, if that is your intention, as it is rude, if that is not your intention, please explain it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Keep the faith big grin

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic) are you acusing me of trolling roll eyes (sarcastic) Did you start a thread deliberetly with the intent to irritate fans of superman?

Seriously, look at the poll.

If you select superman you're obviously a fanboy, even though it isn't specified which superman it is which does not restrict it to the obviously hand picked superman to intentionally beat down.

It's like starting a "Galactus vs. Jean grey thread" to piss off some of the phoenix fans. Particularly if the OP were to say that Galactus could just step on Marvel Girl. Which incarnation of Jean grey it was would be obvious by who the OP refers to even though they didn't specify until later.

whirlysplat
Did you start a thread deliberetly with the intent to irritate fans of superman?

If you select superman you're obviously a fanboy, even though it isn't specified which superman it is which does not restrict it to the obviously hand picked superman to intentionally beat down.

It's like starting a "Galactus vs. Jean grey thread" to piss off some of the phoenix fans. Particularly if the OP were to say that Galactus could just step on Marvel Girl. Which incarnation of Jean grey it was would be obvious by who the OP refers to even though they didn't specify until later.

I did not start this thread and I am a Superman fan big grin

Apology please big grin

Keep the fatih big grin

Cosmic Cube
Did you start a thread deliberetly with the intent to irritate fans of superman?

I don't think he started this thread. Whirly loves Superman. shifty

Cosmic Cube
I did not start this thread and I am a Superman fan big grin

Apology please big grin

Keep the fatih big grin

lol

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
lol

I love Superman big grin

Cosmic Cube
I love Superman big grin

Me too big grin

Creshosk
I did not start this thread Then obviously I'm not accusing you of being a troll.

My question was supposed to be rhetorical. laughing out loud

whirlysplat
Then obviously I'm not accusing you of being a troll.

My question was supposed to be rhetorical. laughing out loud

roll eyes (sarcastic) I see, not much of an apology........ but it'll do big grin

whirlysplat
Me too big grin

thats cool big grin

Mider
what are the ****ing powers! :P

whirlysplat

When I realised what Mcfarlane was like big grin

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic) I see, not much of an apology........ but it'll do big grin Well honestly I was never calling you a troll. smile

whirlysplat
Well honestly I was never calling you a troll. smile

No probs then big grin suprisingly a lot of people have big grin

Keep the faith eek!

and have a nice evening

Cosmic Cube
Spawn has super speed, super strength, superhumanly acute senses, regeneration, an axe that can cut just about anything, necroplasm blasts, a shitload of weapons, chains that he can control mentally, and a lot of stuff I don't know about.

Cosmic Cube
No probs then big grin suprisingly a lot of people have big grin

Keep the faith eek!

and have a nice evening

Troll!

whirlysplat
Troll!

laughing

Mider
go back to the thread people remeber what the thread was about Spawn, Superman guy two guys with red capes diffrence is one of those capes is alive and has special powers?

BENITO
Superman wins because Todd McFarlane sucks.

ok

super man is for 3 year olds

series for adults are better with realistic villains at similar power levels

superman all powerful Dude struggles to beat odinary humans.

come on SPAWN at low level can beat up 7 humans with guns with minimal effort.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by BENITO
ok

super man is for 3 year olds

series for adults are better with realistic villains at similar power levels

superman all powerful Dude struggles to beat odinary humans.

come on SPAWN at low level can beat up 7 humans with guns with minimal effort.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Well there we are thats Benito's opininion roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
Well I could care about it, as it was far superior to Spawn, at least in the eyes of most who have actually read both roll eyes (sarcastic) Its easy though to have opinions on things you have never read. Well done!! big grin

Mcfarlene single handedly pulled Spiderman out of a long sales slum, and put him at number one. Spiderman was more viscerale than ever, and almost completely revamped the artwork, save for the costume.

Mcfarlene started a popular comic LINE. He pushed the envelope on the standard of a superhero. He diddnt start the anti-hero , took it to places it had never been.

I know who miracleman is, but dont care.

whirlysplat
Mcfarlene single handedly pulled Spiderman out of a long sales slum, and put him at number one. Spiderman was more viscerale than ever, and almost completely revamped the artwork, save for the costume.

Mcfarlene started a popular comic LINE. He pushed the envelope on the standard of a superhero. He diddnt start the anti-hero , took it to places it had never been.

roll eyes (sarcastic)You mean visceral big grin If you were talking biology, viscerale would be right, as in cranium viscerale.

As a dyslexic I work hard at my spelling smile

I see so Spawn is more of an anti hero than say Grendel (which was before spawn) wellllll. ok

Reasons why the Toddler started Image are well documented!

Keep the faith rock

Keep it Whirly big grin
big grin

Mider
you guys need mental help but not as much as me smile

ragesRemorse

I see so Spawn is more of an anti hero than say Grendel (which was before spawn) wellllll. ok

big grin

Spawn kills angels, so yes. better art too.

thanks for the correction aswell. stick out tongue It's funny how one letter changes everything.

whirlysplat

thanks for the correction aswell. stick out tongue It's funny how one letter changes everything.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't think pseudo bibical references and plotline makes for a "greater" level of anti heroing in the plotline at all. Killing something which many do not believe just further moves spawn into the realm of fantasy and reduces its attempts to be gritty.

Keep the faith big grin

whirlysplat

Let me show you why 10 years before Spawn miracleman was a lot more hardcore!

whirlysplat

You want groundbreaking smile

Really you think so Rages smile: Was Miracleman the first time that rape was used using old childhood favorites in a superhero comic? I think it might've been.

BENITO
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well there we are thats Benito's opininion roll eyes (sarcastic)
and.... I hate superman If it wasn't the first superhero it would be cancelled after 2 months

NinjaJJ
Spawn would kill him.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by NinjaJJ
Spawn would kill him.

roll eyes (sarcastic) the expert has spoken laughing

ragesRemorse
You want groundbreaking smile

Really you think so Rages smile: Was Miracleman the first time that rape was used using old childhood favorites in a superhero comic? I think it might've been.

I never said miacle man wasnt groundbreaking or violent. That appears to be what your trying to prove though. I was saying that Spawn was more of an anti hero than grendal. taking into consideration how angels are viewed, then i would say that slaying angels in cold blood while being fully aware is pretty god damn anti-heroic.

BENITO

so true.

whirlysplat
I never said miacle man wasnt groundbreaking or violent. That appears to be what your trying to prove though. I was saying that Spawn was more of an anti hero than grendal. taking into consideration how angels are viewed, then i would say that slaying angels in cold blood while being fully aware is pretty god damn anti-heroic.

Fair comment,but don't you think Mcfarlanes behaviour kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth big grin

BENITO
Originally posted by NinjaJJ
Spawn would kill him.

no doubt.

whirlysplat
Is spawn a bit like spwan

last_samurai_44
I'm going to say Spawn because he is just plain cooler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.