galactus v cyttorak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
perhaps the ultimate science v magic battle. got the idea from the juggs v galactus thread. did a quick search and was surprised i didn't see this thread already made. so, any thoughts?

long pig
Very good thread.

I've wondered this myself.

Because, once G' strayed too close to Cyttorak's Crimson Cosmos, and he shooed G' away.

I don't know if Galactus could take him, G's biggest weakness is magic.....and arguably Cyttorak is above Skyfather(Cytt' is a demon and a God).

I really don't know.

Avalonofthewind
I would say Cyttorak.

Galactus can be drained and loses energy to become ridiculously weak.

Does Cyttorak have any similar weakness?

long pig
Cyttorak's can't leave his universe.
So, it'd HAVE to happen there.....and in there, he has total control over reality.

leonidas
if big g went into cyt's universe at full power, it certainly could be interesting. in sheer magnitude of power and what they could accomplish, i'd say g has the advantage - not least because he can effect material in ANY universe. could g do more in THIS universe than cyt can in HIS universe? i don't know. but if g came in at full power looking to add cyt's universe to the menu . . . i'm for some reason not convinced g wouldn't be sent packing. those guys that have absolute mastery of their own little worlds are tough to deal with. mephisto stalemated g until g started to devour hell and mephisto begged off. could g devour cyt's world? i honestly can't say, but for some reason i can't explain, i just couldn't see it happening.

long pig
Well, G' actually tried, well, Cyt' thought he was going to....and basically G' just decided not to test it.

But, if G' was at full power, and decided to try and take Cyt in his own realm, it'd be a massive fight.
Hard to say who'd win, probably both die.

Mider
Didnt Dr Strange once stop Galactus with The Crimson Bands Of Cyttorak? And yes i belive there related.

long pig
I mentioned that in the other thread, he stopped him cold with those.
The Bands are a tricky thing, they are only as strong as the person who cast the spell, and only stay that way while full concentration is on them.

That's how Hulk and Namor got out of them....Strange left the scene at that point.

Strange has beaten Galactus once after that i believe....

Cosmic Flame
They are related. Galactus does seem to be weak when it comes to extra-dimensional phenomena. I don't know how to call this one...I'm tempted to say that Galactus would lose, if for no other reason than in Cytorrak's dimension there appears to be nothing from which he could draw power to sustain himself (unless he can use the crystals). Since he doesn't use magic, he can't draw on the ambient energy of that universe like Cytorrak can.

long pig
Related, as in Cyt' MADE the Bands, and would cast them to their fullest power.
Magic is by far, Galactus' biggest weakness....he's said so himself.
When he had to face Odin, he dreaded it.
It seems to disrupt his science based tech.

Cyttorak could attack his mind with the ghost's of all the people Galactus as killed....it worked before by Strange.

It's a bit one sided, seeing Cyt' is GOD in his own realm, but so was Mephisto.
I can't pick a winner.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
Related, as in Cyt' MADE the Bands, and would cast them to their fullest power.
Magic is by far, Galactus' biggest weakness....he's said so himself.
When he had to face Odin, he dreaded it.
It seems to disrupt his science based tech.

Cyttorak could attack his mind with the ghost's of all the people Galactus as killed....it worked before by Strange.

It's a bit one sided, seeing Cyt' is GOD in his own realm, but so was Mephisto.
I can't pick a winner.
let me help you GALACTUS wins smile

long pig
Help me more and say how.

Mider
How does Cyttorack compare with memebers of The Vishanti didnt Galactus defeat memebers of The Vishanti?????????????????

kgkg
Help me more and say how.

-Galactus went head to head with Mephisto(in his realm) and defeated him.

Mephisto in his realm is a much deadlier demon that cyttorak is probably an elder God or a son of one.
Mephisto(in his realm) >>>> Cyttorak

- Galactus battle the in-betweener (a entity that is between chaos / Order)

long pig
Hm, I dunno, the three of the Vishanti are pretty Uber.
He might be at least on par with them, at most, a little higher not by much.

But the fact still remains, this fight could only happen in Cyttorak's realm, because he cannot leave it.
And in his realm, he is god.

kgkg
Hm, I dunno, the three of the Vishanti are pretty Uber.
He might be at least on par with them, at most, a little higher not by much.

But the fact still remains, this fight could only happen in Cyttorak's realm, because he cannot leave it.
And in his realm, he is god.
Mephisto(in his realm) > Cyttorak is his realm

long pig
Originally posted by kgkg
Mephisto(in his realm) > Cyttorak is his realm

How so?

kgkg
How so?
What has cyttorak done in his realm?

He is at most an Elder God

Meshisto is a cosmic entity

long pig
He's done whatever he wanted to in his realm, he controls it's reality.

No one knows what Cyttorak is, a demon and a god....but you're right, he IS an earth god.

I -think- Gaes second son.

Mephisto has been beaten by strange though right?
Strange wouldn't dare try the same with Cyttorak.

But, you gotta point....

Mider
The Elder gods make the normal gods look like pansies Mephesto wouldnt stand a chance against Cyttorak or any of the Vishanti, let alone an uber entity like Set or Cython, just cause there cosmic entities doesnt mean there stronger it seems that mystics have more power then even the cosmic entities like Dormammu who almost took over the universe while fighting a slew of super powered entities including a PF avatar, He has fought Eternity too, Nightmare has actually captured Eternity and even lower level mystics have almost destroyed comics like Ghostrider when He used the Penance Staire on Galactus He almost died.

kgkg

Mider
umm you dont know much about Set and Cython do you? Set and Cython are so powerful there traped in there own universes cause if they ever escaped they would ravage reality and i know who Mephesto is thanks.

kgkg

kgkg
Originally posted by Mider
umm you dont know much about Set and Cython do you? Set and Cython are so powerful there traped in there own universes cause if they ever escaped they would ravage reality and i know who Mephesto is thanks.
They are traped because they ran like p@ussies because Of DEMOGORGE.

Mider
In alot of alternate realities when Set has been released He took over the universe even Asgard. I think a Thor or Odin had come to the main stream reality after Set had taken over that universe. Even the Celestials would be defeated.

kgkg

Beyonder
Either another stalemate or Galactus win. Cyttorak might pull a win - you never know.

Galactus beat Mephisto in his realm. He also stalemated Agamotto in it's realm. As for Cyttorak, it's powerful, but Galactus has fared well against magic users before.

As for Mephisto & Cyttorak, who knows. I'd put Cyttorak above Mephisto because people often drop by Meph's realm like they're going to a horror house for thrills. Cyttorak, however, not even Strange has seen much of it. Mephisto has been conjured & binded by Strange for questioning. Cyttorak, the only time Strange met Cyttorak was during his travel with Galactus through realms to find the Magus. Strange seemed more willing to reason with Cyttorak than try to do battle to save Nova. Heck, it wanted both them both to serve as his priest & priestess.

As for earth based & cosmic based, Hela is equal to or a notch below Mephisto. Odin, however, is more powerful than either. Cyttorak is either skyfather level or above. I don't think he's earthly; this guy has his own cosmos. During the Octessence Wager, his power was pitted against other beings like Raggaddor, Watomb, Voltorr, Ikonn, etc. I wouldn't put any of these guys as just Earth based, more like other worldly beings.

Cyttorak = Elder God? The only Elder Gods who survived Demogorge's termination was Gaea, Chthon, Set, & Demiurge (if you classify him as one).

ZephroCarnelian
Skyfathers give G trouble with their magic.

I think Cyt could too.

I've seen Thor beat back Galactus with Odinforce.

I believe that Cyt could do the same to keep G away. But I don't believe he could kill him.

Maestro
I wouldn't say elder gods are weak compared to higher cosmics, as Set managed to drain Rachel or Jean of the Phoenix force, which shows how powerful they are.

Is shuma gorath above cyttorak, and could G take him in his dimension?

whirlysplat
G wins this, remeber the infinity war!!!!!

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by Maestro
I wouldn't say elder gods are weak compared to higher cosmics, as Set managed to drain Rachel or Jean of the Phoenix force, which shows how powerful they are.

Is shuma gorath above cyttorak, and could G take him in his dimension?

I think it was Rachel in a What If?

I definitely wouldn't place Shuma Gorath above Cyttorak.

If this fight lasts a while, Galactus is going to be worn down. Mystics invoke Cytorrak in spells and such, and they don't diminish his power.

newjak86
I just wanna ask but does anyone have concrete evidence on Cyttorak. I mean I wanna know what he, and what feats he has done in the past. Are there any comics out there that give any details about this guy. Other than he powers the juggernaught I think we all know this one.

Maestro
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

Beyonder
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

I definitely wouldn't place Shuma Gorath above Cyttorak.

If this fight lasts a while, Galactus is going to be worn down. Mystics invoke Cytorrak in spells and such, and they don't diminish his power.

Why wouldn't you place Shuma Gorath above Cyttorak? Shuma Gorath merged with it's own dimension, responsible for the Ancient One's death, and Strange went avatar to beat SG.

Wattomb, Raggaddor, Agamotto, Hoggoth, etc. have been invoked before. Galactus stalemated Agamotto in it's own realm.

newjak86
maestro that site helped alittle,but it still doesn't state what he is. even what the extent of his powers are. Now Galactus is an engine of power, but still not enough info about Cyttorak. Now one thing is he made the Crimsom bands that Dr. Strange used to hold off galactus so that probably needs to be taken into account. I think it i safe to say Cyttorak is no pushover.

leonidas
when those bands were used, g was at an extremely low power level. and he was surprised by them. we never really saw him exert any real effort to escape them. i'm not sure the fact that he was imprisoned in the bands is evidence of anything. (i'm talking about what happened in the GoG issue. if he's been imprisoned by them another time, apologies to all and perhaps it IS a relevant point.)

Scoobless
whistling

ExtraMision5555
Shuma-Gorrath Above Cyttorak? are you sure? I dont think thats correct,

if that were the case, wouldent that put blackheart in cyttoraks leauge?

Metalmanx
Definitely gotta go with Cyttorak on this one.

ExtraMision5555
i

Alfheim
Originally posted by kgkg

Meshisto is a cosmic entity

No Mephisto is an elder god, he trys to give the impression that he is the embodiment of evil but he is not.

galan7777777
anything other then a full power galactus would get creamed

KillAll
i dont know...

Stupid Rookie
It occurs to me that in many debates here on the forum we have put Galactus against being such as the celestials, and many people, myself included have said that a decently power G can take many of the Celestials. It would seem to me that anyone saying that would believe Galactus could take Cyttorak.

Also, people who keep saying anything other than a Full Power G woud lose, Full power Galactus=Eternity right, so are you saying Cyttorak is just below Eternity? I have a serious problem with saying that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.