Free your mind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
This may sound weird but you know when your dreaming, your subconcious takes over and thats when you dream... Well once while having a dream I was about to walk inside the building (subconcious mind) when everything in my dream just shook and seemed that everything turned in whitish lightning and I broke free of my subconciousness and was concious while inside my dream... When I was there I was wondering what the hell happened... I was only able to do it once... Can somebody explain what happened? How was I able to break free?

dark1365
Your soul broke free of its restraints on the mortal plane.

debbiejo
That sound cool..I only no that a building represents your life or mind/thinking kind of thing..It's so strange how many dreams I've had that had to do with a house and ONE room would be really scary or falling apart that I'd have to keep the door closed and tell people not to go in there...Once I figured out what it meant, it made a whole lot of since...I had to clean out some old scary thinking...

It seems that you broke free of something. The white lightning, did you do it on purpose? Or did it just happen. Do you remember what you were thinking just before it happened? Maybe that might help.

Darth Mantis
No I didn't do it on purpose... But my subconscious looked in the sky for some reason and the ground started to tremble and blinding white lightning appeared and then I was in control and walked away from the building... Then I was searching my mind to see if I can find anything intresting and how my mind worked while I was asleep...

Darth Mantis
Well when I was searching... It seemed that my mind didn't want me to find anything... So when I was about to talk to a person my mind created... My subconscious woke me up... It's so hard to do that in a dream... I've been trying to break free from my dream for a long time, but it so hard to do... All I have to do in the dream is remember to break free and I think I can, just realizing it in the dream is the most difficult thing to do...

Tassie
But how could you tell you were actually conscious in your dream? I mean, sometimes, dreams seem so realistic, you could almost swear they are
I'm not doubting you, just inquiring.

Morning_Glory
I had a dream about having sex with this guy and it actually felt like it in the dream...

is this what you are talking about?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Well when I was searching... It seemed that my mind didn't want me to find anything... So when I was about to talk to a person my mind created... My subconscious woke me up... It's so hard to do that in a dream... I've been trying to break free from my dream for a long time, but it so hard to do... All I have to do in the dream is remember to break free and I think I can, just realizing it in the dream is the most difficult thing to do...

Being able to control your dream is called lucid dreaming...I think that is what you had...I've done that about 3 times..It's not always easy, but when you realize youre dreaming you control what happens with your mind..I've changed scary dreams like that.

Morning_Glory
Im being ignored... but I really wanted to know if what I was dreaming is like what you are talking about?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Tassie
But how could you tell you were actually conscious in your dream? I mean, sometimes, dreams seem so realistic, you could almost swear they are

For me to know that I'm conscious is being able to change or control my dream...

About the sex dream, I don't know...I think many people have those kinds of dreams...

Morning_Glory
they do??? embarrasment didnt know that

Storm
Lucid dreamers report being able to freely remember the circumstances of waking life, think cogently and act deliberately upon reflection, all while experiencing a dreamscape that seems vividly real.

A method to test whether or not you are dreaming is reality testing. This method involves performing an action with results that are difficult to recreate in a dream. For example, reading some text, looking away, and reading it again, or to look at your watch, and remember the time, look away and look back. Observers have found that, in a dream, the text or time will often have changed. In the real world, the text will not change and the time will not change by more than one minute.

Improvement of dream recall is usually the first step people take to learn to have lucid dreams. Even with training, achieving lucid dreams on a regular basis is uncommon and can be difficult.

Jackie Malfoy
This may sound weird but you know when your dreaming, your subconcious takes over and thats when you dream... Well once while having a dream I was about to walk inside the building (subconcious mind) when everything in my dream just shook and seemed that everything turned in whitish lightning and I broke free of my subconciousness and was concious while inside my dream... When I was there I was wondering what the hell happened... I was only able to do it once... Can somebody explain what happened? How was I able to break free?

wOW That is deep man.Real deep.That is something my sister does as for me I reather not free my mind.JM smile

Darth Mantis
I'm not doubting you, just inquiring. I know that I was conscious because in all my dreams it seems that you are meant to do something not what ever you want... I was walking into the building but did I ever wanted to go in... No I didn't, my subconscious wanted to go into the building but some how it was like I woke up in my dream but instead of waking up in my bed I woke up about walk in the building and turned away... So that's how I know I was conscious, I actually remembered what I was thinking within my mind within my dream... That's kinda weird, thinking within my mind within a dream when my dream created the mind that I was using to think...

DarkCrawler
I have lucid dreaming every now and then. Perhaps once in the week. It only lasts about one to five minutes, or so it seems. The time may go in different way when you sleep...

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Storm
Lucid dreamers report being able to freely remember the circumstances of waking life, think cogently and act deliberately upon reflection, all while experiencing a dreamscape that seems vividly real.

A method to test whether or not you are dreaming is reality testing. This method involves performing an action with results that are difficult to recreate in a dream. For example, reading some text, looking away, and reading it again, or to look at your watch, and remember the time, look away and look back. Observers have found that, in a dream, the text or time will often have changed. In the real world, the text will not change and the time will not change by more than one minute.

Improvement of dream recall is usually the first step people take to learn to have lucid dreams. Even with training, achieving lucid dreams on a regular basis is uncommon and can be difficult. It was a lucid dream, but something else happened in the dream... Even though it was a lucid dream, how was I able to break free from the subconscioness... Something else occured while in the dream... This is what I want to know... What exactly triggered my consciouness to take the place of the unconscious user...

Magee
Simple. You woke up, realised you were dreaming and hence being able to control it. Its called Lucid Dreaming as already stated.

Darth Mantis
Hey, I almost forgot... Well I did this two times and I'm not lying... Well I once was having a dream, while having the dream I woke up... But the weird thing is that I woke up with one eye open and the other eye still having the dream... Now that is one of the freakest things I ever did... Well I did that two times how about any of you?

debbiejo
I've had things going on around me, conversations, music and noises appear in my dreams. I can drift in and out over and over again and the same dream keeps on going. I guess I can be waking up with the dream still happening until I realize that I'm waking up and drift into reality. I have very vivid dreams and dream every night...I love dreaming.

Hence my name...Dreamer...Dreamin... big grin

Darth Mantis
Have you ever noticed this... Anything you remember, thought of, or seen during the day would be in your dream if you forget about it... Let me speak more clearly, if you see a dog on t.v. then forget about it you will most likely have a dream about it... It's like the forgotten memories are stored in the subconscious then reawaken during the state of dreaming... It's quite amazing....

debbiejo
Yup, things I've heard or seen have appeared in my dreams sometimes even maybe a week later. A plot in a movie, or movie parts, but it's strange how much really wierd stuff gets into my dreams..I always have untiring energy too. Climb, run, swim, fly, fly a plane, and really smart. Also really brave. How about you? The only times I've had lucid dreams is when I was being confronted by some evil and instead of running like I usually do, I make myself really believe that it can't hurt me and just turn my back on it...Boy, was I brave!! But it worked. Once I created a door with my mind and then walked out into a yard and the evil couldn't follow...It's much better then running and being chased....lol

travesty87
Once when I was having a dream, something unpleasant was happening and in the dream I thought to myself : It's dream so just wake up. And I woke up! It was pretty cool.

IceWithin
once I was dreaming, but I could control my dream.. I knew I was sleeping... so I was like "ok Im sleeping this is a dream I can control it" so like I would concetrate on something and it would happen...
anyone knows what I mean?

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by travesty87
Once when I was having a dream, something unpleasant was happening and in the dream I thought to myself : It's dream so just wake up. And I woke up! It was pretty cool. Yeah I have done that before too... Once I just wanted to get out of my dream so I materialized a cliff to jump off...

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yup, things I've heard or seen have appeared in my dreams sometimes even maybe a week later. A plot in a movie, or movie parts, but it's strange how much really wierd stuff gets into my dreams..I always have untiring energy too. Climb, run, swim, fly, fly a plane, and really smart. Also really brave. How about you? The only times I've had lucid dreams is when I was being confronted by some evil and instead of running like I usually do, I make myself really believe that it can't hurt me and just turn my back on it...Boy, was I brave!! But it worked. Once I created a door with my mind and then walked out into a yard and the evil couldn't follow...It's much better then running and being chased....lol Wow, I never thought about that, I never run out of energy in my dream... That's pretty cool ... lol....

Darth Mantis
Well this brings me to my next thing, have any of you ever materialized anything in you dream... For example in one of my dreams I was being chased by the police for something and I materialized a rocket launcher to shoot at the floor to at least stall them... I remembered to materialize things because my little brother told me he could do it in his dreams so I did it in mine, I forgot about it during the day and remembered it while I was dreaming...

debbiejo
I did purposely materialize a door to escape through once. Otherwise things just appear. I don't know if I'm purposely doing it or not...Maybe on an unconsciousness level. Do you notice that you never get hungry in your dreams?

Darth Mantis
Yeah I purposely did it... Some how I remembered what my brother told me and I materialized it... Yeah not once did I get hungry, that's cool...

debbiejo
In my dreams, I've been shot, stabbed, and fell off a cliff, and LIVED! The gun shot didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Once I was drowning and took a deep breath, but found I could breath under water.

Anyone have experiences like this?

mr.smiley
i've been able to control my dreams before.Pretty cool when it happens.

debbiejo
There is a place between dreaming and wakefulness that's pretty interesting too.

Darth Mantis
Yeah but when I was half awake, the dreaming part kept me in a type of coma... I could see my room but not aware of it, I didn't even realize I was awake till my other I woke up... It sounds weird but I think my subconsciousness and I were active at the same time...

debbiejo
When your waking up, but your body can't move yet, it's called sleep paralysis. It can be scary if you've never heard of that. That happened to me once..I could see all around me, but couldn't move or talk. I could only move my eyes. Some people imagine creatures or hearing sounds during this...SCARY! ghost2

Darth Mantis
Yeah I know about this... I think I saw a grim reaper type ghost... The closest description to this creature is if you ever saw the third Harry Potter movie, that black ghost thing... How do you get sleep paralysis?

debbiejo
From what I've read it's when your mind becomes alert before your body functions engage kind of thing...Boy did I hate that. They say if that happens, try to wiggle your finger. Then your body will start to engage..I'll have to remember that!

It is interesting though when just before you wake up, you seem to have a vivid dream...I find sometimes that it's a way your unconscious speaks to you about your life or path your taking...I'm just learning the symbolism myself...It's quite interesting.

Cosmic_Beings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Grand Mage Gav
helo im new here

Grand Mage Gav

i know this women who is "capable" of giving readings i will speak with her about it but if you are breaking into your subcounciss self it means someone is trying to contact you or danger is around the corner and you mind (the part we dont use) is trying to analise what is feels PM if you want an indepth explanation

terd40
can anyone explain why most of my lucid dreams occur when i have a high amount of stress. i would think that would be the time i would least likely be able to control them if i was not focused. and most of the time i try to fly to know im dreaming, its gotten harder as ive gotten older but does this mean my subconsious thinks its trapped and is trying to break free? thanks a bunch guys

Victor Von Doom
About 50% of the time I am aware that I'm dreaming.

Sometimes I can't affect the happenings, sometimes I can- although when I can, it tends to bring the dream to an end through my realisation that it is artificial.

Mantis
Yeah, that's the samething that happens to me when I become "aware" within the dreamworld.

Atlantis001
I had lucid dreams many times too, its cool ! Especially when I was younger, but now they are rare. Only a few imes I was able to continue dreaming for sometime after I become aware. Its so difficult for me to stay sleeping after you become aware. Sometimes I have extremely vivid dreams too, not always there are lucid, but they are very real.

I heard there are techniques to increase the number of your lucid dreams, there is some neurologists who research at this.

Wonderer
Lucid or controlled dreaming I think, happens when one is in a very light state of dreaming - or rather, inbetween dreaming and being awake...on the edge between dreaming and awakening.

debbiejo
Lucid dreaming is controlling what happens in your dreams....the in between state is what many find themselves during some meditations, and also that is the state where many sleep paralysis happens, which can be scary.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Mantis

It's called having a lucid dream. Happens all the time, to some people more than others. It's when you are dreaming and then realize you are dreaming. Usually happens when you're about to wake up.

Hey, I almost forgot... Well I did this two times and I'm not lying... Well I once was having a dream, while having the dream I woke up... But the weird thing is that I woke up with one eye open and the other eye still having the dream... Now that is one of the freakest things I ever did... Well I did that two times how about any of you?

Also not impossible, sometimes you are dreaming and wake up and just continure thinking about it. Sort of like having a day dream, but continuing a train of thought you already had.

Have you ever noticed this... Anything you remember, thought of, or seen during the day would be in your dream if you forget about it... Let me speak more clearly, if you see a dog on t.v. then forget about it you will most likely have a dream about it... It's like the forgotten memories are stored in the subconscious then reawaken during the state of dreaming... It's quite amazing....

One theory is that dreaming is nothing more than the brain processing memories. Everything that happened during the day gets processed while you sleep that night. Maybe even the next few nights.

Sometimes the during dreaming the brain plots out possibilities, i.e. what might happen tomorrow or the day after based on what happened during that day, or any previous day. Sometimes it's right, and we get people claiming to see the future.

leonheartmm
lol, maybe u were takin a journey inside ur own soul and conciousness{just a thought}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.