Pork

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kagome2005
Can someone explain why some religions do not eat pork???

dark1365
Because it comes from slaughtered pigs. And some religons worship a Pig god.

Pandemoniac
Not exactly a god, but some religions view pigs as holy creatures, while others see them as vile. In both cases it's a 'don't eat pork or your ass is toast' scenario.
Both judgements are based on the early human interpretations of the behaviour and anatomy of pigs, as they are remarkably similar to humans.

dark1365
They have a bigger learning capacity than dogs do.

Kagome2005
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Not exactly a god, but some religions view pigs as holy creatures, while others see them as vile. In both cases it's a 'don't eat pork or your ass is toast' scenario.
Both judgements are based on the early human interpretations of the behaviour and anatomy of pigs, as they are remarkably similar to humans.

I really don't think that God is going to cast me into the pits of hell because I had a porkchop for dinner last night. But I guess everyone has their on beliefs

Pandemoniac
I did not state it as the truth, but as the reason people came to fear eating pork, ancient as those believes are.
I eat lots of pork, and I mean lots of pork! If pigs ever will be extinguished, it will be because of my appetite

MetalHeart
i have no idea

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Kagome2005
Can someone explain why some religions do not eat pork???

Because both Judaism and Islam were started in the ares where its really hot. If you have pork in really hot places, it goes off really quickly, and if you eat it hot it will give you stomachache and shits. In those days there were no such things as fridges.

People then decided to connect that with religion and said that God forbade it...

Kagome2005
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Because both Judaism and Islam were started in the ares where its really hot. If you have pork in really hot places, it goes off really quickly, and if you eat it hot it will give you stomachache and shits. In those days there were no such things as fridges.

People then decided to connect that with religion and said that God forbade it...

That makes sense. Lil B is a genius!

dark1365
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

All I can say is "whoa".

Demarthl
no fridges! jawdrop man am i glad to be part of this technological era roll eyes (sarcastic)
i mean, what the hell would a kid do without a tv or PS2?
let alone no KMC! the nightmares!

Kagome2005
Originally posted by Demarthl
no fridges! jawdrop]/sm] man am i glad to be part of this technological era roll eyes (sarcastic)
let alone no KMC! the nightmares!
umm...i think they helped around the house and played outside confused stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
no one these days knows what it is like to play outside anymore sad

Kagome2005
I know...it's terrible...mom asked if i would come outside to get some sun...I threw a fit saying "It's too bright and boring!!!"

We have a freaking pool, and i could've taken my laptop out there if i had* to get on the Internet roll eyes (sarcastic)

Demarthl
blasphemy! outside is the work of the devil!

roll eyes (sarcastic) best i had was the ol mega drive none of this fancy shmancy xbox2 with VR headphone jiggle online vibration vest pack malarke

Kaistar
Originally posted by Demarthl
no fridges! jawdrop man am i glad to be part of this technological era roll eyes (sarcastic)
let alone no KMC! the nightmares! F*ck PS2. Actually, f*ck consoles in general. Its all about arcades.

I'm still stuck in the late 80s and early 90s cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.