Agammotto VS. Anti-Monitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Anti-Monitor sets his sights on Agammotto's universe. Agammotto sensing the coming of the Anti-Monitor, 3 years before he reaches the outskirts of his realm. Can Agammotto stop him?

Debate.

long pig
I know tons about Agamotto, but I know jack about AM.

What....is he??

I'm notta DC guy :embarassed:

Sentry
Isn't that Deathstroke as your sig? Lol! Well, All I know is that Spectre battled Anti-Monitor at the beginning of time. I don't know much about the Monitor, besides the number of universes he's destroyed and stuff like that. Could some DC fans please enlighten us.

long pig
lol you don't know either do you?!

Yep, that's Slade, one of two DC comics i've ever followed, Lobo is the other!

But, yes...please, enlighten us!

Creshosk
You know the crisis on infinite Earths that happened when Supes got too powerful? Yeah that was AM.

kgkg
Anti-Monitor lives in an antimatter universe

crisis on infinite Earths

http://www.answers.com/topic/crisis-on-infinite-earths?hl=anti&hl=monitor

Synchro
The Anti-Monitor was the guy who caused the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

When Krona attempted to witness the creation of the Universe first hand, it altered all of creation. Thereby creating another universe which became the Anti-Matter Universe. At that same exact time 2 twin brothers were created: Anti-Monitor and Monitor. Monitor was born from our universe and the Anti-Monitor was born from the Anti-Matter Universe. And from the instant they were born, they were already aware of each other, hence the war between the 2 brothers that lasted for billions of years which ultimately resulted in a stalemate and resulted in them being knocked out unconscious for another 9 billion years.

The Crisis began when another scientist from one Earth caused a chain reaction that awakened the brothers. The Anti-Monitor then manipulated the scientist's chamber unleashing a wave of anti-matter that destroyed that scientist's universe and absorbed it to himself, making him stronger. AM continued this rampage across the Multiverse, destroying countless universes and timeline, absorbing its energy unto himself making him stronger than ever. It ultimately came down to one single universe(our universe), where he was finally defeated. It took all the heroes and villains and cosmic beings from our universe and other universes and timelines that were already destroyed PLUS the help of Darkseid and The Spectre to beat him.

It should be noted that Anti-Monitor's invasion of the DC Multiverse happened when Pre-Crisis Superman, Pre-Crisis Darkseid, and other insanely powerful versions of our heroes and villains today were around. Meaning Anti-Monitor almost destroyed a DC Multiverse which is many many times stronger than the current DC Multiverse. Because as DC fans should all know, Crisis on Infinite Earths was made for the sole purpose of retconning the uber-powerful characters at that time(Superman, Darkseid, The Spectre, etc.)

So yeah, Im really curious as to what can Agamotto do to hurt Anti-Monitor.

long pig
Agamotto is cooler, I mean, he took the shape of a CATAPILLER, and smoked a HOOKAH!

That has to give him a slight advantage.

Seriously, he has little chance.

leonidas
okay, so anti-monitor ruled what was the opposite of OA in his anti-matter universe billions of years in the past. when he finally learned of OA and its 'ruler' the monitor, AM attacked. AM and M battled for years to a stalemate until both were essentially comatose. then some scientist on some earth was poking around and found and woke AM - i think it was an accident but i can't remember the specifics. when AM woke up, he started destroying universes and absorbing their power, bringing them into the anti-matter universe. monitor eventually woke up and basically tried to rally some universes to fight the AM. monitor was eventually slain, but his power was split and protected the remaining universes. unable to destroy them, AM decided to travel back to the dawn of creation and simply . . . change it so that anti-matter was supreme. that's where he met and fought spectre. creation WAS changed, but what was left was no longer the mess that had been dc, but 1 antimatter and 1 positive mater universe. that's the coles's notes version.

back in the day, AM was likely the strongest comic book creation ever. he destroyed and absorbed the powers of COUNTLESS universes and had the power to actually alter creation itself.

agamotto is tough. AM, even after all the years have passed, and cosmic entities are everywhere, is STILL a truly awesome character. gotta go with AM. (and if you wonder why, buy the crisis TPB or the ltd series - it really is something every comicbook fan should have - or at least read!)

leonidas
hmm, i HATE when someone is posting at the same time as i am - especially when they're saying essentially the same thing! well done synchro! ya stole me thunder . . .

Synchro
Originally posted by long pig
Agamotto is cooler, I mean, he took the shape of a CATAPILLER, and smoked a HOOKAH!

That has to give him a slight advantage.

Seriously, he has little chance.

Lol!!! If "cool" defines power, then yeah I might agree with you on that.

By the way, long pig. I now just realized that the Odin vs Swamp Thing thread was created by you. So I would like to apologize for ruining that thread of yours by having a fight there with Mercilous and Mider.

I also apologize for not apologizing only up until now .

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i HATE when someone is posting at the same time as i am - especially when they're saying essentially the same thing! well done synchro! ya stole me thunder . . .

lol!!! Im sorry, man. I guess it all depends on the quickness of which we typed. But dont worry, you'll probably beat me next time.......probably stick out tongue But then again, kgkg beat me with that link of his. So technically kgkg destroyed us both. big grin

leonidas
damn that kg! first the gladiator debate, now this! that guy's a real thorn . . .

smile

<<apologize for ruining that thread of yours by having a fight there with Mercilous and Mider>>

HA! this cracked me up. i too have had a run-in with merc, so i feel your pain! but it's alllll better now . . . . heheh. right merc?

and for you kg, another time, my friend, another time . . .

Scoobless
whistling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.