SAS vs Imperial Stormtroopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
SAS vs Imperial Stormtroopers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets say that 100 stormtroopers (starwars) captured the Houses of Parliment. Now, at the same time, 100 SAS (Special Air Service) are being sent there to retake Parliment. Who do you think will succeed?

Now, I would be safe to assume that the SAS have better training, but, the Stormtroopers have better technology.

Ulic Qel Droma
Stormtroopers all the way thumb up

Fishy
SAS... Unless stormtrooper armor can stop bullets which i doubt sas will just win.

Its not like the stormtropers actually have a great advantage with technology in this case.

Gryn Jabar
Bullets can't pierce Storm Trooper Armor. SAS is in a whole lotta shit. In every other category though, SAS dominates.

Fishy
Well in that case SAS is ****ed

Obiwalker08
it depends on the troopers...if they were the ones against luke and them then the sas would win..those troops couldnt hit the back side of a bantha

whirlysplat
trooper armour

Originally posted by Obiwalker08
it depends on the troopers...if they were the ones against luke and them then the sas would win..those troops couldnt hit the back side of a bantha

Bobafetty
Storm troopers win this. (for once)

Darth_Rankkor
Don't forget that vader would come along :P sas would be ****ed and don't forget that you're placing the stormtroopers in the real world along with the SAS so, in the real world the "bad guys" don't miss. That just happens in the movies, though they've made a pretty good job in the jedi temple massacre mwahahaha

Darth_Frobo
one team of SAS (about 6 guys) would reck the stormtroopers, their just too well trained, and o ya they never miss, so one SAS sniper could anhilate the stormtroopers from like 3 kilometers.

Gryn Jabar
So one SAS sniper would shoot them from outside a concrete building?

Darth_Rankkor
hahahaa

Darth_Frobo
one sas sniper with a 50. cal barret sniper rifle with thermal scope blows through the concrete like paper.

Gryn Jabar
Stop playing Rainbow 6, and look at the facts. A 50 cal CANNOT shoot through multiple layers of concrete, then pierce body armor.

Darth_Frobo
50.cal can shoot through concrete depending on the layers, and if the sniper gets him through the visor...or they could use rufus rounds which is .50 cal filled with explosives. never mind the commandoes could just flashbang the crap out of them then blow thier way in and kill em all

Darth_Rankkor
I think you're delirious. SAS are good but not THAT good :P

Sesse
lol. Flashbangs?

SAS would throw them just above the doorway they are entering, and stun the whole squad.

Fishy
After seeing ROTJ again and seeing Stormtroopers practically die from arrows i'm pretty sure that bullets will destroy their body armor and can kill them... Screw technology it won't do you a lot of good in that building.

Darth L. Dipsit
The arrows and rocks...

That REALLY reduced my opinion of the Empire's troops' competence and armor.

Fishy
Indeed and that was Palpatine his best legion, let 50 of them stand against 50 SAS troops. On a battlefield they would win, but here in a building like that? They don't have a chance, SAS is far to smart for them.

Darth_Frobo
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
I think you're delirious. SAS are good but not THAT good :P

No they really are that good i've met some of them those guys really are that good

Gryn Jabar
Except for as mentioned by Frobo, the SAS bullets cannot pierce storm trooper armor. Lets forget ROTJ and the "Broad side of a barn" argument, and look at this rationally:
Training: SAS, obviously
Tech: Stormtroopers.
Discipline: Stormtroopers.
Equipment: Stormtroopers.
Morale: Stormtroopers.

So there ya go.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Except for as mentioned by Frobo, the SAS bullets cannot pierce storm trooper armor. Lets forget ROTJ and the "Broad side of a barn" argument, and look at this rationally:

So there ya go.

I'm with u mate except for the training ... supposedly, stormtroopers besides their phisical trainaing, they are like brainwashed so they don't feel anything. Advance until the enemy is wiped out.

Gryn Jabar
Wait a minute, if this is a hostage situation, then ST just kill hostages, then go on a drunken bender, which might explain their piss poor accuracy.

Fishy
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar

So there ya go.

Oh yes lets just forget the argument that would make SAS win.

And the equipment advantage isn't going to do much there... Morale stormtroopers? How do you figure that?

Anyways we won't just forget that argument because it makes no sense to ignore it, and if you don't ignore it then SAS wins

kanis
alien All I'm saying if the sas took on werewolves in dog soldiers, yeah most of them died but one of them went hand to hand with one they can take on stormtroopers and if they are in the forests of endor and the sas are wearing camo they won't know what hit them. And that's because the stormtrooper sticks out like a sore thumb.

Darth_Frobo
This isn't really a fair comparison the SAS training is above anything the storm troopers will ever get hell their selection course makes storm trooper physical training look like pre-school saying SAS vs. stormtroopers is like saying under equipped clone commandos vs. clones and it isn't hard to figure out who would win that especially with even numbers in fact the clones complete obedience is what screws them in this case, SAS have complete free will and can think for themselves like ARC troopers they don't really have to be better equipped as they can outhink their opponents easily never mind they're much more proficient with their weapons then the stormtroopers these guys can clear a room full of terrorists with perfect aim in like 3 seconds. Also if you've ever played Republic commando projectile weapons are able to kill you and commando armour is like 5 times better then regular clone armour so a headshot would definitley be fatal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.