X-Box ain't durable!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Killer_Dennis
Ok, X-box's break easily..my friend got an X-box. I was over at his house with another friend, he whacked it lightly, and it BROKE! mad

Now he has 2 get a new 1..We were playin Halo 2 when it happened

mad sad

rouge24
That's strange, i've had mine for 3 years i think, and it hasn't broke yet. maybe your friend got a bad one.....

dark1365
He's probably got an old one. I dropped mine from two feet up, it smashed to the floor, and it was still good as new.

U2K 96
^^^^^^LOL YEA RIGHT.

Anyway, your friend must hit the xbox hard or something, because just tapping it, should cause damage to it.

I say just buy a brand new one, its only 150 bucks.

hotsauce6548
The Xbox is durable. I've dropped it a few times when I move it around and it works great!

Anyway, your friend must have hit the xbox hard. When you say he broke it, how do you mean? Did he smah it? Or does it just no work anymore?

dark1365
He probably dropped it like 15 times that you didn't know of, and the final "light" whack was the last straw.

Thorondor
You're friend is just thick and stupid for hitting it in the first place.

cal31
I've had mine for three years, and I had my first problem with it only last week, so yes it is durable.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Thorondor
You're friend is just thick and stupid for hitting it in the first place.

Well said.

Myth
I've never heard of X-box's breaking unless it was in a case of real physical abuse. Btw: "Ain't" ain't a word.

hotsauce6548
Actually it is a word, just not proper english. yes

ragesRemorse
i actually have a story in the favor of the box's durability. Nearly a year ago there was a devastating flood here in PIttsburgh. My xbox was in 3 feet of water for an entire day. For kicks i let it dry out dor a couple days and tried it. Needless to say, it is still working. Microsoft may not be able to make good games, but they canmake damn good housing for their systems.

hotsauce6548
Yeah, but they CAN make good games. big grin

dark1365
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i actually have a story in the favor of the box's durability. Nearly a year ago there was a devastating flood here in PIttsburgh. My xbox was in 3 feet of water for an entire day. For kicks i let it dry out dor a couple days and tried it. Needless to say, it is still working. Microsoft may not be able to make good games, but they canmake damn good housing for their systems.
Holy hell.

Konjammenson
why the hell did your friend hit his xbox?

sai12
That is just plain stupid. You shouldn't go around hitting your stuff anyway! My brother has had his xbox since he got it! And it still works!! How terrible. I mean, this thing has gone through several moves and everything. *shakes head* He had to have hit it pretty darn hard to bust it up...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by sai12
That is just plain stupid. You shouldn't go around hitting your stuff anyway! My brother has had his xbox since he got it! And it still works!! How terrible. I mean, this thing has gone through several moves and everything. *shakes head* He had to have hit it pretty darn hard to bust it up...

yeah, really. unless he got a lemon.

I have broke an nes before. i bought one bout two years ago. After dying continuosly in ninja turtles, i felt as though the nintendo was mocking me saying "you can master the best ps2 and xbox games, but i own your ass on ninja turtles." what else was i do to rather than chuck it across the room?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, really. unless he got a lemon.

I have broke an nes before. i bought one bout two years ago. After dying continuosly in ninja turtles, i felt as though the nintendo was mocking me saying "you can master the best ps2 and xbox games, but i own your ass on ninja turtles." what else was i do to rather than chuck it across the room?
It's because back then games were made so you'd get your ass kicked and like it.

Konjammenson
the older games are a lot more challenging that most of today's. how? i don't know, since enemines always come from the exact same places

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by Konjammenson
the older games are a lot more challenging that most of today's. how? i don't know, since enemines always come from the exact same places

that has always hunted me!! confused

enemies do the exact same thing every time and yet, those games are more difficult than today's.

<------never beat mario level by level lol

ScarFace Clone
how about you just watch the episode of x-play were they test all three systems!

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
The Xbox is durable. I've dropped it a few times when I move it around and it works great!

Anyway, your friend must have hit the xbox hard. When you say he broke it, how do you mean? Did he smah it? Or does it just no work anymore? It doesn't work anymore..it sais systems required when he turns it on

Myth
I don't think he is arguing that it doesn't work. He's just saying that they don't break that easily.

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Myth
I don't think he is arguing that it doesn't work. He's just saying that they don't break that easily. He asked how it was broken..did he smash it, or does it just not work..It doesn't work..When he turns it on, after awhile, it sais systems required, call customer support..

n00bslayer
first off, how could u whack somethin "lightly"? whack means a quick hard strike. so if he "whaked" his xbox he must have hit it with somethin friggen hard. and plus if xbox isn't durable then the world is goin to all hell. i have an old Atari system and that thing runs like a dream and so does my super nintendo. xbox is by all means durable.

Red Superfly
Hit any electrical appliance and it doesn't usually respond well.

Things like this are in general not really built to be man handled by slack jaw yokels, who tend to call the X-Box the sex box and decide to put "something else" in the disc drive.

People need to stop raping their electrical appliances.

n00bslayer
lol! well put laughing laughing ^^^

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Hit any electrical appliance and it doesn't usually respond well.

Things like this are in general not really built to be man handled by slack jaw yokels, who tend to call the X-Box the sex box and decide to put "something else" in the disc drive.

People need to stop raping their electrical appliances.

god damn, you made me laugh out loud. that happens rarely. Thanks for that.

if you happen to be a person that does like to rape your appliances, there are appliances amde just for you. thought i would point that out smile

R3CON SNIP3R
XBOX SUCKS!!!! I'VE HAD MY PS2 FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH IT. I BOUGHT AN XBOX ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO AND IT'S BROKEN. I NEVER TAKE IT ANYWHERE BECAUSE ALL OF MY FRIENDS HAVE THEM, IT'S NEVER BEEN DROPPED, AND I HAVE NEVER HIT IT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I DOWNLOADED THE NEW HALO 2 MAPS AND THEN TURNED OFF MY XBOX. THE NEXT DAY I GET ON TO TEST THE MAPS OUT AND AN ERROR MESSAGE COMES UP ON THE BOOTSCREEN SAYING "SERVICE REQUIRED, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICES" IN MY OPINION MICROSOFT HAS NO CLUE ON HOW TO MAKE GAMING SYSTEMS YET. SO NOW I HAVE TO PAY 80 BUCKS AFTER 4 MONTHS OF USE. thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down sad sad

n00bslayer
y the HELL does everyone say the xbox sucks???!?!?! IT DOESN'T SUCK. all u people who think it sucks remember one thing....this was microsoft's first attempt at a gaming consol. how could it suck if urs broke?? u probably got a bad one. i've had mine for 2 years and it's doin JUST FINE. i have dropped it on accident, it's been to a million other places, not just my house. IF YOU DON'T LIKE XBOX THEN DON'T ***** ABOUT IT TO OTHER PEOPLE CUZ THEY MAY LIKE XBOX. EVER THINK BOUT THAT?? i've made my point. now no more complaining "oh my ****in xbox broke for no apparent reason so it must suck!" CUZ UR PROBABLY THE ONE WHO BROKE IT. SO IT AIN'T MOCROSOFTS FAULT FOR UR BROKEN XBOX. good god people!

SN/\KE E/\TER
how about you all get into one big pile and have a 40 guy gang bang with each other!1 how about that

Dogbert
Wow, even though you're restricted, I must say... you're dumb smile

dark1365
@Sn/\ke
Well, that's your problem. I got the maps just fine. Dropped the Xbox, WITH A GAME DISC IN IT, MIND, and BOTH worked perfectly fine afterwards. You probably bought a ghetto one. Make your choices wisely.

Originally posted by SN/\KE E/\TER
how about you all get into one big pile and have a 40 guy gang bang with each other!1 how about that
What the f--k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.