s-cry-ed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soundtrack
just wanted to let everyone know that s-cry-ed is coming to adult swim on saturdays, starting tonight at 12.30am. this is a very interesting show and they have a good line up of voice actors that include: steven jay blum (kazuma)---(spike spiegel, cb) and crispin freeman (straight cougar)---(tsume, wr). if anyone has questions or anything that they want to know about the show...just ask. later.

keiji
adult swim?

Beelzebuu
I was a personal advirtasment of the anime at my school. I was going around telling everyone to watch it. I can't believe they got the guy that did Spike in this. That kicks ass.

sai12
Ooh, I loved that show!!

Stupid exboyfriend wouldn't let me borrow it after we broke up! :'(

I really wish I had some form of tv....*sniffle*

sailormoon
I just watched it! I thought that sounded like Steven Blum! It seems really good!!

TrAnCeDuO
bleh...its........okay i guess....im trying to give it a fair chance but i cant hep but think that its a rip off of x-men.

but as i said im giving it a fair chance.

CyberNick
plz tell me what is adult swim???

TrAnCeDuO
...its on cartoon network where they show animne and such. how can you not know about it?

CyberNick
cartoon network? I have not any cartoon network in my city. It's something like "online tv" or it's shown on TV.

bardock
ive never heard of it

TrAnCeDuO
than i pity you both of you and ask that you dont ask about adult swim so that this thread doesnt fall under irrelevence.

soundtrack
lol, poor things. adult swim was created for the late night 'adult' watchers of cartoons and anime on cartoon network. im not exactly sure where some of you guys are from, but in the usa television isn't allowed to show provocative stuff or shows with bad language until like 7pm (but the really profane stuff isnt showed untill around midnight). adult swim is a line up of anime shows: cowboy bebop, inuyasha, wolfs rain, trigun, family guy, outlaw star, etc. and every now and then they'll take off shows that have been re-running for awhile (like cb) and put in a new show (like s-cry-ed).
anyways...i had an opinion somewhat like yours TD, but later episodes it gets better. ive already seen like 3/4 of the series and its not that bad.

CyberNick
Originally posted by soundtrack
adult swim was created for the late night 'adult' watchers of cartoons and anime on cartoon network. Now i understand what is it smile

im not exactly sure where some of you guys are from
U could see "location", that's a answer...

adult swim is a line up of anime shows: cowboy bebop, inuyasha, wolfs rain, trigun, family guy, outlaw star, etc. It's a adult anime?!

anyways...i had an opinion somewhat like yours TD, but later episodes it gets better. ive already seen like 3/4 of the series and its not that bad. What is TD?

ZomBiE_HunTER
TD is the guy thats talking smack.

TrAnCeDuO
no...TD is an abbreviation for tranceduo and im not talking shit n00b so shut up and dont start crap.

anyways yes this series is similar x-men to an extent but hey ill be nice and give this series a reasonable chance and thats alot more than i could ever do for ai yori aoishi

soundtrack
the hostilaty in this thread is amazing

Darth Macabre
Ive heard of it, but i missed it tonight. What exactly is the premise of the show?

Ciraric
The crap thing about adult swim is that it is only in US. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE CARTOON NETWORK!!

soundtrack
s-cry-ed is a story about a strange phenomenon that happened to a part of a landscape known as kanagawa. during this phenomenon all life around the city was destroyed. as the main land continued to florish the outer area was neglected, though some ppl continued to live a normal life there. but because of the phenomenon that happened there, about 2% of all life (that inlcudes animals) that was born in the lost ground was born with alter powers (given the name alter users). these beings are able to disassemble, regenerate and incorporate objects into their abilities. the regeneration of the object is solely dependent on the user's fascination or imagination and their strength lies within this ability. all of the alter users in the lost grounds (also known as 'inners') are feared by all of the ppl who live on the main land, so an organiztion known as 'HOLD' created a division known as 'HOLY' (the ppl in this organization also have an alter ability as well, the only difference is that they're 'trained') to go into the lost ground to capture and contain the alter users, even if they arent of the agressive ones. thus begining the conflict between the 2 areas. now i dont want to tell you too much about the story, but if you have anymore questions about s-cry-ed just ask wink . oh and ciraric sry about the whole adult swim thing.

TrAnCeDuO
the hostilaty in this thread is amazing

whatever i was only defending myself since i wanted this thread to stay on topic.

anyways i wonder why ryoho had forgotten all about mimori?

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
no...TD is an abbreviation for tranceduo and im not talking shit n00b so shut up and dont start crap.

anyways yes this series is similar x-men to an extent but hey ill be nice and give this series a reasonable chance and thats alot more than i could ever do for ai yori aoishi
How the hell am I a noob and I aint startin wit any1.
What was going on last night? I didnt get a chance to watch it.

TrAnCeDuO
i beg to differ.

anyways nothing much was shown. just the backstory behind mimori and ryoho that took place a day before the first episode.

Darth Macabre
s-cry-ed is a story about a strange phenomenon that happened to a part of a landscape known as kanagawa. during this phenomenon all life around the city was destroyed. as the main land continued to florish the outer area was neglected, though some ppl continued to live a normal life there. but because of the phenomenon that happened there, about 2% of all life (that inlcudes animals) that was born in the lost ground was born with alter powers (given the name alter users). these beings are able to disassemble, regenerate and incorporate objects into their abilities. the regeneration of the object is solely dependent on the user's fascination or imagination and their strength lies within this ability. all of the alter users in the lost grounds (also known as 'inners') are feared by all of the ppl who live on the main land, so an organiztion known as 'HOLD' created a division known as 'HOLY' (the ppl in this organization also have an alter ability as well, the only difference is that they're 'trained') to go into the lost ground to capture and contain the alter users, even if they arent of the agressive ones. thus begining the conflict between the 2 areas. now i dont want to tell you too much about the story, but if you have anymore questions about s-cry-ed just ask wink . oh and ciraric sry about the whole adult swim thing.

So they can fuse with stuff in other words?

Oh and thank you. smile

sailormoon
whatever i was only defending myself since i wanted this thread to stay on topic.

anyways i wonder why ryoho had forgotten all about mimori?

Yeah, I was wonderin' what was up with that?

soundtrack
he hasnt forgotten, he just 'doesnt really care' at the moment. their past isnt a necessity, so it doesnt cancern him.

Haru-Donovan
The art in that show reminds me of Gundam Seed. Did the people from Gundam Seed have anything to do with s-cry-ed?

TrAnCeDuO
...now that you mention it the artwork seems slightly identical to Gundam Seed. but hey i would doubt it if it was.

and soundtrack you do bring a good point. maybe he knows...or he doesnt. maybe its been too long to remember.

do you think kazuma will join up with holy?

sai12
He does..doesn't he? Though he did break out...*ponders* Its been soo long (Year and a half) since I've watched it...

Haru-Donovan
I have a feeling he will. But then again he could escape. I don't know at this point cause I've only saw 2 shows. What do you think?

Haru-Donovan
Originally posted by sai12
He does..doesn't he? Though he did break out...*ponders* Its been soo long (Year and a half) since I've watched it...

Like I said I've only saw 2 shows of it. And how the heck have you already saw it?

sai12
Well, I said before that my ex had it on dvd. The first three anyway. I think you can buy it all on dvd....I really would like to finish watching it someday...

Or I could buy it for myself huh? :P

Haru-Donovan
That could work.

sai12
big grin

Haru-Donovan
The again you cold save your money and just demand that your boyfriend let you borrow it at least.

Haru-Donovan
Unless you already have, then I can't halp ya. Sorry.

sai12
I have demanded, begged, pleaded...everything low and demeaning....NO luck smile

Plus I said ex bf wink

Haru-Donovan
Damn you must've really made him mad then.

sailormoon
he hasnt forgotten, he just 'doesnt really care' at the moment. their past isnt a necessity, so it doesnt cancern him.

I agree with you, but I still think he's changed from the way he used to be...

soundtrack
oh definitly. ryuho has changed from the way he used to be. and the creators of s-cry-ed also worked on cowboy bebop, outlaw star, escaflowne, and gundam(s). the director has worked with a lot of sunrise's shows/films. i dont want to say anything about the show that might ruin it for some ppl, but do you REALLY think kazuma would join HOLY? look at his personality and the kind of character he his and what role he plays, then think about that question again.

Haru-Donovan
It was just my opinion. And like I said (or at least thought I said) I don't know that much about the show right now.

moises

Nice one! Pulling rank.....whatever....-_-

sailormoon
oh definitly. ryuho has changed from the way he used to be. and the creators of s-cry-ed also worked on cowboy bebop, outlaw star, escaflowne, and gundam(s). the director has worked with a lot of sunrise's shows/films. i dont want to say anything about the show that might ruin it for some ppl, but do you REALLY think kazuma would join HOLY? look at his personality and the kind of character he his and what role he plays, then think about that question again.

I agree. If anything it looks like Kazuma is going to be a big problem for HOLY. I mean with him declaring he's going crush Ryuho and all. And from the way it comes on, it looks like Kazuma and Ryuho will be fighting a lot.

soundtrack
the thing that i like about this show, is that when you start to watch it you think one thing is going to happen, but then the next thing you know, is that they go and switch stuff around or do the comlete opposite (so you always have to expect the unexpected).

sailormoon
Good point. yes

sailormoon
That last episode was off the chain!!!!!!! It was awsome! I was cheering Kazuma on! That's what Ryuho and HOLY gets! But Ryuho's still sexy! And Kazuma too! And that speedy guy is funny too. I forget his name, but he reminds me of Hughes from FMA! Can't wait to see the next episode! stick out tongue

soundtrack
his name is straight cougar. his vocie actor is crispin feeman.
other characters are:
-tsume (wolf's rain)
-amon (witch hunter robin)
-hideki (chobits)

sailormoon
Thanks! stick out tongue

Flame Alchemist
I dont understand s-cry-ed what is altar, is it like alchemy

TrAnCeDuO
not quite. like i said earlier its kinda like x-men. each alter-user has its own distinct ability/power/etc.

Flame Alchemist
o.k I saw the first episode but didnt really understand it

soundtrack
an alter-user has the ability to disassemble, regenerate and incorporate objects into their abilities . consequently each user carries a specific and very unique power.

Flame Alchemist
so its like alchemy mixed with xmen

sai12
I don't even know where you guys get those kinda comparisons!

All this talk about Scryed really makes me want to finish it....

TrAnCeDuO
i only got the comparison from a wikipedia article on it. at first i thought it would be a terrible concept but after watching the first three episodes its turning out to be pretty decent.

soundtrack
no, it's not really comperable to x-men or full-metal alchemist...even the impression of the alters powers arent just like regular 'super powers'. i dont even think i could compare it to anything. though...if you wanted, i could explain it in more detail.

Flame Alchemist
Yea would you do that pleze.

soundtrack
ok, let see...there was a great phenomenon that happened in the city of kanagawa, 22 yrs. from present date in the seires. now this phenomenon created a huge energy catastrophy causing anything born in that area to have some form of unique power. the power that this 'being' has, gives them the abiltiy to 'alter' their surroundings . ***now im not sure if you pay this much attention to the show, but if you watch kazumas surroundings when he's transforming into his alter, things around him kinda break off and attach themselves to him*** each alters power is driven from within themselves and to define alter a little bit more, you could kinda describe it as an imaginary friend .

-now do you still need me to describe 'alters' more?

sailormoon
Thank you. smile

soundtrack
your very welcome. oh and by the way, when i was listing the voice actor for straight cougar i kinda spelled his name wrong, it's: crispin freeman. sorry about that.

JLred
I want an altar....

soundtrack
lol, a lot of us would.

sai12
ok, let see...there was a great phenomenon that happened in the city of kanagawa, 22 yrs. from present date in the seires. now this phenomenon created a huge energy catastrophy causing anything born in that area to have some form of unique power. the power that this 'being' has, gives them the abiltiy to 'alter' their surroundings . ***now im not sure if you pay this much attention to the show, but if you watch kazumas surroundings when he's transforming into his alter, things around him kinda break off and attach themselves to him*** each alters power is driven from within themselves and to define alter a little bit more, you could kinda describe it as an imaginary friend .

-now do you still need me to describe 'alters' more?

Very good discription!! :P

Flame Alchemist
Sorry I have'nt been on for a while, I've been busy watching anime dvds like S-CRY-ED and Fruits Basket.Now I fully understand S-CRY-ED and I love it,but its crap compared to Fruits Basket even though Fruits Basket was only 26 episodes long.

sai12
Isn't Scryed only 26 episodes long?

Flame Alchemist
Probobaly sad

sailormoon
your very welcome. oh and by the way, when i was listing the voice actor for straight cougar i kinda spelled his name wrong, it's: crispin freeman. sorry about that.

That's ok. stick out tongue

soundtrack
Originally posted by sai12
Very good discription!! :P

thx.

Flame Alchemist
Thats o.k?Thats o.k? Are you freakin' physko. Its not o.k. Just when you start to love an anime all the sudden its gone. sad

sai12
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
Thats o.k?Thats o.k? Are you freakin' physko. Its not o.k. Just when you start to love an anime all the sudden its gone. sad

I wouldn't make psycho comments if I were you ......*grin* You're sounding slightly off yourself :P

I think you have been watchin gtoo much anime these past few weeks

Flame Alchemist
O.k maybe a little to much but its still freakin psycho.

soundtrack
it's upsetting that an anime show has to end if it's really good but if a show plays for too long, it loses its story and becomes pointless . and they also end up destroying a once great show.

JLred
lol, a lot of us would.

But...I want one more.......

FullMetalLover1
kazuma is hot especially in his alter form!

sailormoon
it's upsetting that an anime show has to end if it's really good but if a show plays for too long, it loses its story and becomes pointless . and they also end up destroying a once great show.

I don't think DBZ lost it's flare until DBGT. But that's true unless it's a special case, like Inuyasha for example. big grin

sailormoon
Kazuma AND Ryuho are sexy! stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
it seems kazuma is starting to kick holy's ass. when do you think he and ryuho will have a rematch?

sai12
What episode are they showing on tv now?

soundtrack
i think that they're only up to episode 4 .

and i dont want to spoil anything for anyone else, but if you really want to know what happens, pm me or look it up online.

Flame Alchemist
There on Big Magnum,at least Adult Swim.The first dvd stops after Kazuma gets trapped under ground with that guy who loves his freaky balls right?<----(Not a witty sex comment.)

sailormoon
it seems kazuma is starting to kick holy's ass.

Right on! stick out tongue

sai12
Hehe, I'm now bidding on a box set of Scryed on Ebay!

I hope I win it! So far so good! The box looks soo awesome!

JLred
nice...

Flame Alchemist
Whats up with Holy and Hold. Whats the difference?

sai12
Whats up with Holy and Hold. Whats the difference?

HOLD is the full organization right? And HOLY is the part with the alters working for it. HOLY is a smaller part of HOLD smile

I think. *stare*

JLred
Yeah I think thats right...

sailormoon
Oh, good! I was wondering about that! stick out tongue

sai12
WOOT! I'm happy I was correct! Its been waaaay over a year since I've seen any of that show. *does happy dance*

Oh and I lost the auction on Ebay for the super cool box set of Scryed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6408110674&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That's it there....isn't it cool? *oogles*

soundtrack
yea, you guys are right about the whole HOLD and HOLY thing. just picture HOLD as a tree and HOLY are the leaves or HOLD is the president of the company and sits back and relaxes, while HOLY works for them and does all of the dirty work.

Flame Alchemist
Yea it was a loooong good explanation.

sai12
yea, you guys are right about the whole HOLD and HOLY thing. just picture HOLD as a tree and HOLY are the leaves or HOLD is the president of the company and sits back and relaxes, while HOLY works for them and does all of the dirty work.

Mine was better and quicker to get to the point! :P

Hehe, but you do draw a nice picture!

Flame Alchemist
Thats also very true.

JLred
Youre getting a new sig. Flame Alchemist or what?

soundtrack
lol...sry about that, but thx wink

Flame Alchemist
I don't know where to get a sig.Or how everyone has there name on a sig. sad

FullMetalLover1
i dont know how to get one either

soundtrack
-go to the 'general discussion forum'.
-then go to the 'request a signature' thread.
-once inside, there's a link that will take you to a place where you can find someone to make a sig for you.

. and whatever you do, do not write in the 'request a sig' thread. wink

JLred
Im hoping for a new one...but its with 3 pics. and i think that wll look weird....but im hoping for the best because I trust her....

soundtrack
i've had this one forever...i want a new one, but i dont .

sai12
*coughs*

*points to message below her sig*

He's the best!! PM BX!! Do it now!! *runs off*

JLred
Hey!!!!

Guardian_Rikku is awesome!!!!

soundtrack
this is kazuma's 2nd stage:

soundtrack
sry that im posting this thing again, but i re-wrote it a little bigger and in black so you can see it better....i hope.

Sarlock
SPOILER ALERT: This post will explain some things about how Kazuma grows through the series in power, I've also given a couple spoilers about the very very end in the Final Stage and its side effects. :P I may write an explanation as to how things happen, and why I think this way (if others disagree), later. smile

Kazuma, first stage: The basic arm, three shots.
Kazuma, first stage upgraded: When punching, the arm will open up and grant more power.
Kazuma, second stage: As explained above, but Kazuma can overpower his arm, causing it to create a chain reaction with the alternate dimension.
Kazuma, second stage upgraded: Kazuma has enough control so that he won't overpower his arm, and therefore can use it more often.
Side effect: The power drawn into the center of the top of his hand begins to cause his skin to dissapear and destroy, as he slowly gives part of himself to the alternate dimension each time he uses his "Shell Bullet".
Kazuma, Final stage: Armour covers his body, each of his arms has the 'Shell Bullet', he has a tail that can launch him off, the 'helicopter' blades are now just things that extend from his shoulders, not being able to carry him anymore. (Instead, he tends to just float, or launch himself with his newfound tail.) He has a face mask, and antennae.
Side effect: Now it's beginning on his other arm too. Once the hand gets eaten to a certain extent, it begins to move up his arm as well. You see how it's affecting him in the final episodes, just before the climactic final battle between Ryuhou and Kazuma. ^^

sailormoon
Yay!!!! Kazuma and Ryuho are fighting again!! Stupid purple-haired guy for interfering!!! I hope Ryuho and Kazuma become friends later on! yes

Sarlock
Hehe, I love that anime... I think you guys'll be shocked when Kazuma and Ryuhou fight the next couple of times. XD Can't wait to see your reactions smile So Tachibana just foiled Ryuhou and Kazuma's fight did he? XD

JLred
Wait so Kimashima just died???

FullMetalLover1
i guess so, i almost cried, but i held it. it was really sad tho. anyone like my siggy? sry off topic

sailormoon
No! No, you are not telling me Kimishima just died! I lost Hughes again this week I can't lose him too!!! And I like the purple-haired guy now too!

soundtrack
i guess this info is kinda a but, i think it's a good one...so read if you want to kimishima does not die in that episode .

and the guy's name is asuka tachibana.

sailormoon
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord!!!!! And thank you soundtrack!!!!! stick out tongue big grin rolling on floor laughing bunny yes And yes FullMetalLover! Love the sig!

soundtrack
agreed...nice sig fullmetal.
and no problem sailor. wink

JLred
WOOH!!!!!!!!!! He's not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet........

That is one freakin' awesome sig.!!

solidsnake14
I have all the 26 s-cry-ed sepisodes on my computer but they are all in japanese... sad of course they still have english sub titles if anyone has links to s-cry-ed episodes in english audio plzz let me know. I am going away to college in a month and won't have Catoon Network :'(

FullMetalLover1
thanx everyone!

FullMetalLover1
yay! kinishima is'nt dead. he's one of my fav characters.

soundtrack
i dont really care....
but the whole point of me putting the in highlightation was so if people didnt want to know what happens, they didnt have to know the unless they highlighted it .

JLred
like this???

the altar user with the hair that turns stuff into water will die...very good resources....thanks Soundtrack!

soundtrack
yea, exactly wink .

JLred
I forgot her name......

soundtrack
ayase terada.

sailormoon
i dont really care....
but the whole point of me putting the in highlightation was so if people didnt want to know what happens, they didnt have to know the unless they highlighted it .

laughing out loud

JLred
lol...

FullMetalLover1
lmao

JLred
about what?

FullMetalLover1
i dont know, everyone else is laughing i wanted to too. Happy Dance

JLred
Happy Dance

FullMetalLover1
Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing

JLred
:dancecooldance:

FullMetalLover1
laughing stick out tongue

JLred
dont deny it......cool

soundtrack
...wow...
how off topic is that^^^

FullMetalLover1
WAY off!! but it was pretty funny

sai12
*stares*

Wow

soundtrack
...yea...sure it was huh

mangafreack
that is a good show i love it
eek!

JLred
Never ever deny it.....cool

sai12
Originally posted by JLred
Never ever deny it.....cool

Completely off topic here...Love the new sig there JLred!

JLred
Thanks.....how is it off-topic?

sai12
Does my complimenting you on your sig have anything to do with scryed? :P

JLred
Ohhh...no I thought you were talking about my post......

sai12
Hehehe...sorry sad

JLred
blah.....

sai12
Now I feel bad...I've taken this poor thread off topic again! (I didn't do it the first time...just..uh nevermind)

And since I can't watch it on tv and do not own the dvds I have nothing new to bring to the whole thing. *sigh*

soundtrack
aw, poor thing.
is there something that you wish to know about, that i might be able to give a responce to?

sai12
No, not particularly...unless you can point me in the direction of cheap dvds!! smile

soundtrack
hmm.....ebay? suncoast? best buy? walmart? i'm not sure where you live, so i dont know what you're around...and i'm also really not quite sure WHERE you could buy it 'cheap' either erm .

FullMetalLover1
do you pronounce the title, scried, or es crie ed

sai12
Hmm that's an odd question...

Scryed--your first option.

Since I'm a reader of fantasy...I've always thought it was pronounced this way...Where did you hear it the other way? *curious*

FullMetalLover1
my cousin, thinks he knows everthing, thanx for helping

sai12
Heh, no problem, though I don't believe I was all that helpful *giggle*

Happy to be though....aren't know-it-alls annoying? :P

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>