Dude got screwed on E-bay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Dont know if anyone heard about this. some guy purchased what he thought to be spiderman#1. After six days of bidding he ended up paying nearly 14 thousand dollars. this would have been a steal if it were not a re-print. yeah, i said re-print. He paid nearly 14 grand for a $2 comic book LOL laughing

IceWithin
lol poor dude!

BlackC@t
Another reason why I never buy off Ebay.

IceWithin
I buy there frequently and nothing bad has ever happened...

The Ones
...yet ninja

IceWithin
stick out tongue

AdventChild
wow..sucks for him...

Cid
lol. that sucks

Jackie Malfoy
Poor dude is right.I hate e-bay!jm

Bardock42
What the f**k?

IceWithin
lol exactly

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Poor dude is right.I hate e-bay!jm

who is poor dude... and why is he right?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by IceWithin
I buy there frequently and nothing bad has ever happened...

yeah, i havent had problems either. I have had some problems with people not sending the item.

You would have to be a nutty bastard to purchase somthing for over the thousand dollar range and not even handle it or be there in person.

§P0oONY
I kind of serves him right, he should have read the full description, and if it didn't say it was a re-print he should complain...

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Dont know if anyone heard about this. some guy purchased what he thought to be spiderman#1. After six days of bidding he ended up paying nearly 14 thousand dollars. this would have been a steal if it were not a re-print. yeah, i said re-print. He paid nearly 14 grand for a $2 comic book LOL laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic) A link to the story would have been nice roll eyes (sarcastic) It would have shown "research"

big grin

Curl_Up&Dye
there are so many scams on ebay and myspace

poor guy

Clovie
i have'nt ever buy anything on e-bay..coz it is working here just for few months erm
but i've bought some stuff on one other interent auction (one book, IRda-USB cable and i guess that it erm)

KharmaDog
I'd love to see this story. If it is true, it is either a case of him being decieved, or of him being lazy. If he was lazy, then tough luck. If he was decieved,then I would think that he could legally pursue the issue.

Either way, it's good to go through life remembering the saying,"buyer beware" whenever you plan on purchasing a large ticket item.

big gay kirk

Kaleanae
yeah, i havent had problems either. I have had some problems with people not sending the item.

You would have to be a nutty bastard to purchase somthing for over the thousand dollar range and not even handle it or be there in person.

Yeah, it depends in what you buy and if there's a picture of the item. I have been following the story of the selling of U2 tickets on eBay, some for over 500 dollars and if you go and try to find at least a picture of them, you would not see anything...
Not so long ago a woman got scam and bought the tickets on eBay, some days before the concert the received only photocopies of the tickets, she went to the concert and found out that she was not the only one scammed by this person, a bunch of people had the same tickets and the same photocopies... while the original ones were already used.

stick out tongue Poor people

Andrew McLeod
It serves people right for relying on the technological age.

SlipknoT
Haha

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) A link to the story would have been nice roll eyes (sarcastic) It would have shown "research"

big grin

The moment i criticise someone for not doing research, your all over my nuts about it smilelol just kidding

No, i saw this story in passing on one of the news channels. It was a fairly short blurb, but the man who got screwed was being interviewed. Apparently there wasnt anything he could do about it, seeing how the seller never said it was or wasnt an original copy. It still seems as though the guy has some kind of ground to stand on. an insinuated lie is still a lie, but i guess they seller could play dumb and say he diddnt know himself.

lil bitchiness
I hate e-bay anyway happy HATE IT! happy

SnakeEyes
lol poor dude!

HA! good one! He is poor now, because he wasted all his money on the re-print! HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!

whirlysplat
The moment i criticise someone for not doing research, your all over my nuts about it smilelol just kidding

No, i saw this story in passing on one of the news channels. It was a fairly short blurb, but the man who got screwed was being interviewed. Apparently there wasnt anything he could do about it, seeing how the seller never said it was or wasnt an original copy. It still seems as though the guy has some kind of ground to stand on. an insinuated lie is still a lie, but i guess they seller could play dumb and say he diddnt know himself.

hey sorry if it seemed like that smile

ragesRemorse
i was just bustin your balls

Bardock42

ragesRemorse
that sounds honorable.

PVS
as P.T. Barnum stated "there's one born every minute"
i feel no sympathy whatsoever for rich dummies like this.
f*** him

jaden101
schadenfreude...gotta love people

GCG

who is poor dude... and why is he right?

were you seriously expecting a reply from jm ?

though seriously, no matter what an avid fanatic one is, 14 grand is out of proportion when you got poverty around the world

http://borgenproject.org/sitebuilder/images/Africa_poverty-383x480.png

RedAlertv2
Is it his fault that people go hungry? Of course not. I dont see exactly what you are saying. If you are hinting that his 14grand should go towards humanitarian, then you are expecting too much of him. Leave that to the African governments that let their countries go to shit

GCG
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Is it his fault that people go hungry?

Yes ; Its immature to spend money like that and a bad example that reverts in a viscous cycle.

I dont see exactly what you are saying.

My point is, to spell it out to you, that spending 14,000 US $ on a comic is frivolous.

If you are hinting that his 14grand should go towards humanitarian, then you are expecting too much of him.

Too much ? TOO MUCH is 14,000 US $ for a ridiculous paper-back comic and to add insult its a copy ! Im not saying he should have donated 14,000 towards humanitarian aid, but as little as 10 US $ a month feeds a child !

Leave that to the African governments that let their countries go to shit

^ typical american mentality : Let US take care of domestic problems and let the rest of the god damn world take care of theirs and go to shit roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope people like you dont breed that often. Looks like we give more of a shit for some guy who got screwed on E-Bay for 14,000 dollars , and we dont five a flying **** for far off worse populations around the globe;

This Is one world.

SlipknoT
Leave that to the African governments that let their countries go to shit Completely Agreed

Piggle Humsy
Ebays has loads of rules and stuff.. alot of ppl who screw ppl over have to pay a price... ebay's very strict.
I always check out the seller properly b4 bidding on anything.. I've never had any trouble. as long as you know what your doing ebay's great.
A woman sold a bag for 1,000 pounds saying it was prada or something and the buyer found out it was a fake so the woman was sentenced to prison for 6 months even though the woman claimed she never knew it was fake.

So you see not everyone gets away with ripping ebayers off! big grin

periera
Originally posted by Bardock42
An Idiot? What the f**k?

No, a rarity in this world-a nice person.

The Biker Scout
Hysterical laughing laughing laughing out loud

The Biker Scout
recent news reports that the guy who screwed him is going to jail

WindDancer

HAHAHAHA!!!! What a dummy! A re-print! HAHAHA!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.