Our cat bought home a mole!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
It's alive & small. It's moving pretty OK. This is the second mole today, the last one...well, it didn't survive... sad

We are keeping this mole safe for a while, but do they bite or scratch or anything else. I've checked a few websites but all comes up is 'moles on people's skin' & 'get rid of your moles!'

Also said that squirrals don't bite, well on tv, on animal planet, this man said "I'm wearing gloves because it'll bite me." Can't be sure what's true & what's not on the interent can you...

I hate it when people call moles a pest. They're nice creatures. One man on the website gets rid of foxes, wild house cats, squiralls, pigeons, mice, racoons & more! I HATE HIM! ranting

I need batteries that work! I hate photos but power went! Bear with me...

Blue Dragon
OK, my camera's so crap, when take pictures outside it just looks white, it's far too bright. Now it looked dark but look lighter when I see photo. So here you go.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Dominique01/Pic015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Dominique01/Pic014.jpg

dark1365
It's senstive to light, try to avoid taking pictures of it if you can, and keep it in a cool, dark, place. Feed it with normally you would a squirrel or another small rodent.

Blue Dragon
The camera doesn't have a flash. It's in a cool place but we can't make it any darker I'm afraid... sad It's in the hall, we've put it in a corner surrounded my 2 bags to block some more light but that's all... erm

We can't really but it in our bedrooms, even though my bedroom is dark it would be perfect...

dark1365
http://ag.udel.edu/extension/information/hyg/hyg-61.htm

Blue Dragon
Thanks dark for that. smile

Blue Dragon
Ugh it's got ways to trap them too... sad

dark1365
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Ugh it's got ways to trap them too... sad
Yeah well...normally they're referred to as pests. I think they're cute.

eggmayo
Moles are like the fatter furrier guinea pigs right?

Blue Dragon
Ermm...
Originally posted by dark1365
Yeah well...normally they're referred to as pests. I think they're cute.
They are aren't they? happy CUTE! NOT PESTS THAT IS! People think they are pests but it's in a book & that site you sent me that moles are good for the garden. Makes the soil better when digging & they eat insects which can be a pest.

It's the same with spiders, people don't like them but they eat flies which people don't like. Spiders are nice too.

dark1365
I just don't like the way they move....I have a pet spider(huge one) in WoW, and it kind of makes me shiver the way he moves.

Blue Dragon
Spiders do move sort of wierd...it when they don't move they OK then SUDDENLY THEY JUST MOVE, JUST LIKE THAT! *click finges*

But I don't kill them, I don't like killing anything. I'm friendly towards all living things...well...woodlice & ants...when in the house... no

wuTa
your cat bought a mole?!!...what a lay bastard...he can't go on and catch one on his own so he has to buy one...does your cat get an allowance or something?

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by wuTa
your cat bought a mole?!!...what a lay bastard...he can't go on and catch one on his own so he has to buy one...does your cat get an allowance or something?
Rolo & Pepper did bring home a mole, & later Pepper got I think a vole, it was alive for a few moments then died... sad

What's that about can't catching them & buying one...? blink confused

We just attempted to release the mole, is very lively but doesn't use back legs, is this suppose to happen? Do they drag their back legs along?

Anyway it was sort of digging but wouldn't go so we've still got it. Do they need water & we don't know what to feed it... confused Had one worm I know of, we gave it some soil & worms in there but we ain't got the good to give it..

shaber
I've seen a mole that had been killed by a cat. It's fur smoothed whichever way it was stroked.

Blue Dragon
Arrrrr.... sad Cats bring them home for us, did you know that? It's their way of a present at times but if it's mice might eat them.

But we don't want your damn presents, we perfer the little creatures alive & running wild!

shaber
The cats have brought worms for us, but they usually bring in live mice to play with which is not preferable.

Blue Dragon
Pepper used to play with live mice, used to throw them about & the mouse would squeek... sad

Me & mum will always try to get them away from our cats, sometimes we suceed..sometimes we don't... sad

Yeah we still got mole, my mum's trying to attract some worms by wetting soil, they like damp, dunno if it'll work... erm

shaber
Isn't there some sort of RSPCA service to phone. I remember we rescued a bird from a neighbour's cat and someone came to take it away in a box.

rodeoangel
Pepper used to play with live mice, used to throw them about & the mouse would squeek... sad

Me & mum will always try to get them away from our cats, sometimes we suceed..sometimes we don't... sad

Yeah we still got mole, my mum's trying to attract some worms by wetting soil, they like damp, dunno if it'll work... erm

why don't u get fishing worms from a store??

shaber
They're not earth worms, I don't know if a mole can eat lugworm and a ragworm would probably eat the mole!

rodeoangel
Originally posted by shaber
They're not earth worms, I don't know if a mole can eat lugworm and a ragworm would probably eat the mole!

well I never seen a mole except a dead one!

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by shaber
Isn't there some sort of RSPCA service to phone. I remember we rescued a bird from a neighbour's cat and someone came to take it away in a box.
Not near us there isn't...Leicester I think but we can't get transport even if we knew where it was.

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by eggmayo
Moles are like the fatter furrier guinea pigs right? I think so..I had a guinea pig before..2 of em stick out tongue

Jessehottie316
to make you fell better i dont hate mole i think they are cute little creatures that were made special................... as for your other canversations?....?.....?......?

Blue Dragon
Sorry everyone... sad ....the mole is no longer with us... sad it's a sad day.... sad poor mole...cry

Blue Dragon
We got another today when came home from shopping! I can't believe it! It's one of those same cats though because they were the only 2 left out...

Killer_Dennis
Sorry everyone... sad ....the mole is no longer with us... sad it's a sad day.... sad poor mole...cry It died? sad

Jackie Malfoy
Wow how exciting.JM roll eyes (sarcastic) wink laughing

Blue Dragon
Jackie...don't be funny about it... sad I'm not kidding!
Originally posted by Killer_Dennis
It died? sad
Yeah. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.