clones and storm troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

archive monitor
the other day i read a forum discussing when the clones became stormtroopers. it was closed saying that lucas said clones and storm troopers are the same. i cant accept this as there are many stories after rotj with the emporer dead so they are hardly gonna be produced still, and they die 2x as fast as a normal human due to growth acceleration.
also i hav read a story about a stormtrooper called davin felth, he wasnt a clone.

Fishy
Most logical explanation that seems to work for EU is that some were clones and some were recruited.

By the time of ANH, ESB, ROTJ most of the stormtroopers were probably recruits... If growth acceleration still works then they would be dead around that time anyway

Darth_Otaku
Your safety leans on our protection,can't you see this lies on the tabletop?
tuhtuhtuhutuii
uwuuhhhuuu

Everybody's gone to the Party have a real good timeeemmeee.

Fishy
What?

Darth_Otaku
B.Y.O.B. Song from Mezmerize New System of a Down album.
Don't have a idea what it means or why i typed it.

archive monitor
yeah, what?

archive monitor
ok thanks for that

Darth_Otaku
Yeah,Sorry i'm kinda high.

archive monitor
too many death sticks?

Darth_Otaku
No i told that dealer he din't wanted to sell me deathsticks.

archive monitor
did he sell you rhyll? or 'spice?'

Darth_Otaku
He didn't sell me nothing,i'm sticking to earth stuff i ya know what i mean.heheehe

SnakeEyes
I read that some were recruited and some were cloned from NUMEROUS cloning sources, but not Jango clones during the OT time.

Darth_Otaku
Not funny,drugs.Sticking,stuff?

archive monitor
ive had enuff of drugs now, take it to the drugs forum

archive monitor
what about the imperial officers? i know some like tarkin and captain lorth needa were in ep 3 and on? were any of them cloned for the old trilogy?

Darth_Otaku
Is there a drugs forum?Is that next to the brothel forum.I think i was there once.Yeah i saw Kun there too.

archive monitor
i duno. enuff with drugs

Darth_Otaku
Jep.How bout alcohol now?

SixOfTwelve
I know the thread has sorta gone off the topic, but this is what I gathered from the films and the history of their different editions.

In AOTC, Jango was established as the source for the Clone Troopers, and Boba was seen to be Jango's clone.

In the DVD edition of TESB, Boba Fett's voice was redone by Temuera Morrison, the actor who played Jango, to create continuity.

HOWEVER: The stormtroopers' voices were NOT redone, there are still stormtroopers of various sizes and varying voices.

My conclusion: If GL had wanted the OT stormtroopers to be clones, he would at least have redubbed the voices.

HOWEVER, part II: In the commentary to AOTC, Lucas says he had Jango bump his head on purpose and jokes about the trait getting cloned into the stormtroopers, since some keep bumping their heads into doors in ANH. Now genetically, this is rubbish, but it does lead me to a few possible revised conclusions.

Conclusion A: Some clones are still around - possibly some were created without growth acceleration after the rise of the Empire - but the majority of stormtroopers consist of normal soldiers. The ones who bump their heads in ANH are clones, clumsy or both.

Conclusion B: All stormtroopers are clones, and George Lucas was too lazy to have them fixed for the DVD release.

Conclusion C: There are no more clones. The head bumping gag is a silly joke and can be ignored.

I'm leaning towards C most days, with a dash of A on some of my weirder days. Which brings us nicely back to the topic of drugs. Carry on.

Emperor Revan
I think I have a simple explanation to help clear things up. In Episode 3 it doesn't take many clones to defeat a Jedi master, maybe 10 or so. In the OT out of the hundreds of stormtroopers that fired a blast, no one was ever hit except when Leia was singed in her soldier. The clones wouldn't have been that bad, I mean there was five or so trying to shoot at Luke and Leia who were 10 feet away in a narrow hallway and they didn't hit anything.

As for a few other reasons, why would clones talk to each other as in ANH? Why would they get different looking armor for the same exact troops? Why wouldn't Yoda and/or Obi-Wan not go to Kamino and stop the clones if they were going to continue to use them? Would'nt clone production stop anyway since Jango is dead?

Jerico
"A huge problem i have with the prequal trilogies is this asstastic suggestion that all the stormtroopers are clone troopers, i can happily accept that the initial core of stormtroopers were clones, that a small percentage of the 'current' Imperal strength is made up of these clones. They made how many clones in AOTC? 10,000 every 10 years or so? x whatever they had in the rack, lets say thats 500,000 every 10 years, inbetween the films II and III is what, 20-25 years? 30-40? At most the Empire gets 2,000,000 troopers quite a lot hm?

Well not when you consider that not only are they engaged in an intergalactic war, they have to police all their planets with an Imperial garrison, when the Germans invaded the Soviet Union in 1941 they had around 2,000,000 soldiers, the Soviets had about 4,500,000 soldiers, considering that this is 2 countires constuting only a small small percentage of the population of the entire planet. The idea that the Empire is able to maintain order with 2 Mil, or even 10 Mil, in however many hundreds of planets (not to mention the thousands of sentient species) is ludicrous.

Furthermore you've then got the problem of the billions and billions of unused manpower on Imperial worlds an average planet should easily be able to produce a million fighting troops, yet the Empire would somehow only produce clones (expensive id imagine) and not only keep the massive populations of thousands of worlds under control but leave billions of potential soldiers and conscripts just sitting around with their thumbs up their arses is a ridiclous suggestion."

And don't give me any suspension of disbelief codswallop

Where do you think Luke was going 'To the Academy' the Imperial Academy, i hardly think he was going there to be turned into a clone, also all his friends were already learning to fly/fight in the Imperial Navy hence why Biggs is able to fly his X-Wing with proficency (though how Luke manages to get himself invovled in that attack is just crazy! 'What? You saved the princess, ok here's an X-wing, off you go!')

Fishy
Well with the Death Star coming it would probably be a good idea to give something that fly's to everybody that can fly.

Ushgarak
George Lucas has said the stormtroopers are clones.

Therefore any EU source that says differnetly is incorrect.

End of debate. THis has been discussed much elsewhere- closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.