Return of the Living Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Couldnt find a thread on this....

Last time I saw this I was about 11,Bought it the other day for 3 quid,thought it would be awful its actually not too bad, more of a comedy horror. Quite funny intentionally and unintentionally, not enough Zombie action for my liking but still some cool scenes, particularly the pick axe in the back of the head and a couple of nice head eating shots and a ridiculous 80's hair metal soundtrack.

Anyone else seen it?

eggmayo
Yeah, its great.
Dont get number two though, I paid three quid for that sad

Cinemaddiction
I think 2 is better..but yeah, saw/own the first.

Evil Dead
yeah......RotLD is great........I own the first 3.............1 and 2 were both great tongue in cheek takes on the zombie genre..........3 is just a bad b-movie.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I think 2 is better..but yeah, saw/own the first.

just curious why you enjoy the 2nd over the first ???

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Evil Dead
3 is just a bad b-movie.

yeah, bad in the best of worst ways. which is why i own it

BlackC@t
First one was great. Second was kinda' of bad. Third was great.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Zilverz
just curious why you enjoy the 2nd over the first ???

Funnier, IMO. More gore, more zombies, less senseless cursing, less annoying characters.

The 3rd was just ****ing stupid. Foam rubber zombies. Oh no!

papabeard
Just watched Part 2 for the first time in 15 years. It seemed to me, devoid of any atmosphere or soul, too much (attempted!)comedy and not enough horror. It seemed to me,that the person who made it didnt really like horror films or know how to make them and listening to the commentary confirmed this.It was made just for cash and not through love.

I think the 1st one was much better and more alive (ahem!), better story and structure. It went further in the violence and horror aspects,I preffered the zombies even though there were less of them, and the excellent brain crunching. The 2nd part seemed more sanitised , its blackened heart missing and aimed towards a more mainstream and young audience.

eggmayo
How can ROTLD 2 be less annoying? Two main characters are 11 year old 80's kids no expression

BlackC@t
laughing

papabeard
Blackcat, what r u laughing at? you thought that it was based on a true story..hysterical

SlipknoT
Just saw it and thought it was pretty good, The Cheesy Cliched 80's punks were great "I just wanna partyyyy" laughing out loud

Gaetane
I know Cinemaddiction isn't going to agree but i loved part 3 okay, it had a couple of flaws but if you saw the uncut version it had some pretty good gore, the automutilation scene was great! I just loved the first two also to me they are far better than the romero's sorry guys!

slayer
The 1st two are great!!

BlackC@t
Gaetane, I saw the uncut version and loved it! eek!

Elrariel
BRAINS BRAINS BRAAAAINS!!!!

I loved the first one!! haha

romper_stomper
Originally posted by Gaetane
I know Cinemaddiction isn't going to agree but i loved part 3 okay, it had a couple of flaws but if you saw the uncut version it had some pretty good gore, the automutilation scene was great! I just loved the first two also to me they are far better than the romero's sorry guys!

are you crazy? i loved rotld but no way in the world do these films top romero`s trilogy in fact nothing beats the dead trilogy as far as zombie movies go

SlipknoT
You mean the Dead Quadrily. or something...

romper_stomper
thank you slipknot,i stand corrected

Cinemaddiction
laughing

Qua-dri-lo-gy.

BlackC@t
Cine, is that you in your avvy? eyes

Cinemaddiction
That would be me, a little old, but yeah..

BlackC@t
Not bad lookin' naughty

papabeard

BackFire
Dan O'Bannon, Writer/Director of Return of the Living Dead, passed away today.

RIP.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=26564

WickedDynamite
R.I.P. Mr Bannon.

His work on Alien and Return will be always be remember.

Wolfie
RIP Dan O'Bannon

I found the first two to be great. The third one was just okay.

The fourth was bad, but tolerable. The fifth was intolerable.

Kazenji
The first one was the only good movie to me the rest were sick

the ninjak
The scene in RotLD when it's raining and the massive hoard of zombies rampage 50 cops with shotguns is an awesome and scarry scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.