Star Wars and Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Is it just me that notices a link between the two? embarrasment

Imaginary
If you're referring to the Jedi Order, then yes, I suppose Jedi is sort of like a religion.

ragesRemorse
i think george became an athiest between the two trilogies. In the original trilogy he described the force as having faith in a greater being that is everywhere. In the new trilogy he totally shits all over that description and gives us a feeble scientific exaplanation that the force is in your blood. Horsecrap.

debbiejo
I was thinking about the two forces....

Jackie Malfoy
It is actly according to GL a mix of religon one is budest because of the whole nature force thing.I am not sure about the rest of it.JM

lil bitchiness
Yes, very much so. Lucas himself said he was Buddhist (not sure which branch though)

Jedi are Buddhists in space. The whole ''attachemtn is forbiden'' is the one of the centre of Buddhist beliefs. In fact most of what Yoda preaches is one way or the other in Buddhist theology.

Also -the whole ''becoming one with the force after they die'' thing is tied with 'becoming one with everything' and the sense of self-lessness. happy

Basically Jedi are buddhist X-men in space yes

I think I count partly a Jedi since Im a Buddhist. Beware the awesome power of lil b!

SaTsuJiN
oh the noes! a sith!.. big grin

...(tries to think of something constructive to say..)

...*cough*.. The Force Rules~ rock

debbiejo
There are forces around us.

sonnet
Originally posted by silver_tears
Is it just me that notices a link between the two? embarrasment

Starwars has been great entertainment and always will be but I don't look for deeper meanings there. One's personal believes and experiences will always influence your creativity and will become mixed up in there somehow. Maybe this is what happened in Starwars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.