Really confused, Who taught Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violin Vixen
I'm really confused. In the originals it sounds like Yoda taught Obi Wan. But we all know Qui Gon was Obi Wans master. Or did I just miss something? Could some one clear this up for me? Happy Dance

Sodo
Yoda DID say he had training for Obi in ROTS. That's probably what he was talking about.

Violin Vixen
That makes sense. It just sounded like Yoda taught Obi for awhile

DeVi| D0do
Yoda most likely taught Obi Wan as a youngling.

yerssot
Originally posted by Sodo
Yoda DID say he had training for Obi in ROTS. That's probably what he was talking about.
no, as you can see in AOTC, and as DeVi| pointed out, Yoda trains all the younglings including a youngling OB1
the further, more advanced training came from QG

mossman
Yoda teaches all of the younglings until they are ready for Padawanship.

Ushgarak
"Master Yoda told me I should be mindful of the future."

It is clear that Yoda was giving him basic training before Qui-Gon- and that is the training Obi-Wan wanted Luke to have, as the posters above say.

matreid
Yoda taught obi wan as a youngling all the way until he was 13. Then Qui gon chose him as a padawan.

gentmax
Well, it wouldn't make sense for Obi-wan to tell Luke "You must go to the Dagobah system. There you will find Yoda, the Jedi Master who taught younglings before they become Padawans, which is the level of training before you can become a Jedi Knight."

DarkAge
Lol.

darthmaul1
I'm only going to say this once, some of you people are phuckin retards!!!!!!!
Did Yoda teach Obi-wan?? of course he frigin did, when he was younger and once they reach a certain age they become a padwan and get some work experiance

gentmax
So does that mean that you aren't ever going to say that again?

Lord Ganon
How would Yoda teach all of the younglings? By the looks and size of the Jedi Temple, they would have loads of younglings to teach. Yoda was the head of the Jedi Council, he instructed all of the Jedi to do certain jobs. The other council members give suggestions and stuff like that. So when Obi-wan said that Yoda was the one who instructed him, he meant that Yoda was the one who told him what to do, not teach him to be a Jedi.

General Zodiac
He might of had classes like in schools. When they turn 8 or so a Master trains them 1 on 1. So how many younglings did he have to train?

Lord Ganon
I don't know the exact number of younglings he trained.

BTW, usually when a youngling turns 13 he/she becomes a padawan, and he/she gets his/her own personal master.

General Zodiac
I said 8 or so. I forgot the age...my bad.

Darth Plagues
Yoda trained Obi-Wan a short while, before Obi-Wan was given to Qui-Gon.

General Zodiac
And he had training for him at the end of ROTS.

Lord Ganon
Yes, but Yoda instructed all Jedi.

exanda kane
Yoda only instructed them in certain things though, they also had lightsaber trainers and stuff.
And I read somewhere that Qui-Gon actually found Obi-Wan as his padawan when Obi-Wan failed as a youngling or something and was put in the 'something' Corps, a kind of workforce that helps the poor on certain places. I think it was because he was too angry/ rebellious or he tried to hard. This is supported by the line in Empire 'was i any different when you taught me'

Lord Ganon
Well I see your point, but all I'm saying is that Yoda instructed all Jedi, Obi-wan told Luke that Yoda instructed him.

PloKoon
There is a complete series on this whole subject its in the EU series of Jedi Apprentice.

Obi-wan gets trained by yoda and then QG goes to the jedi temple to pick a padawanand at first QG dosent accept him as an apprentice and Obi goes of to a planet to work on a farm (because he turned 13 and could no longer train) but then by chance QG meets up with him and needs his help and in the end Obi becomes QG' apprentice

thats just what i read in the EU books so if u dont believe in them dont bother listening

SithHappens
He just didn't feel the need to explain to Luke all of his past. It was irrelevant to Luke he was trained by QG, and Yoda sort've teachs all the Jedi youngling or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.