Chronicles of Riddick : The Underverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zilverz
Does not look like there was a thread already started for this film. I thought chronicles of riddick was an AWESOME movie!!! I personally seen it 3 times in the theater. But anyway I guess this will be the thread where we can dump any new info or just simply converse and throw out some ideas for the next installment of the series. He is some information I dug up on Chronicles of Riddick: The Underverse

Vin Diesel and David Twohy are showing interest in making another movie. Even though Riddick didn't make any money in theatres. Here is what Diesel had to say in an interview with Empire Online.

"From the very very beginning, when everyone thought it was crazy, I was thinking of The Chronicles of Riddick as a trilogy," said Diesel. "That would start with the movie you saw, and Pitch Black would act as a prequel that introduced you to the character. So in simple terms, in Chronicles 2 we venture to the Underverse. We knew we could get away with a PG-13 on the first one, but once you go to the Underverse it's rated R, because it's a place where war is the norm and there is constant, constant battling. Then on Chronicles 3 we will see Riddick return to Furia, to deal with the homeland."

ragesRemorse
dude, there is a riddick thread about 8 threads down form this one.

Zilverz
this thread is for Chronicles of Riddick : The Underverse which is the next addition to the chronicles of riddick series ... please read before you speak

ragesRemorse
Oh, i read it. I just dont see why this could not be addressed in the other thread about riddick.

MildPossession
I thought they were going for a trilogy...

Anyway, i enjoyed the movie.

Zilverz
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Oh, i read it. I just dont see why this could not be addressed in the other thread about riddick.

because its a different movie.. thats why it needs its own thread

Zilverz
yea a trilogy with a prequel (pitchblack) is what has been thrown around ... i think Underverse will probably be even better than Chronicles of riddick .. since it will be darker... David Twohy scored an ace with C.O.R. at just a pg13 rating

Riddik's #1 fan
sounds great anyideas as to when its coming

i loved the chronicles i watched it like 10 times so far hence my name riddicks number one fan lol

i gotta see more of it lol

Wolfie
It isn't coming. Riddick is a dead franchise. The trilogy is now considered Pitch Black, Dark Fury, and COR.

Bicnarok

tabby999
Originally posted by Wolfie
It isn't coming. Riddick is a dead franchise. The trilogy is now considered Pitch Black, Dark Fury, and COR.

fair enough.

i really enjoyed C.O.R, nice action, some humor there, bit of drama, really nice to look at (if you buy a plasma tv and want to check it out in all its glory i'd say rent this and 2001: A Space Odessy). good effort for Vin and the crew. Didn't so much like Dark Fury, seemed far too short and didn't really do it for me. but again, it looked nice.

LordFear
Yeah I would like a last part to the chronicles. " You keep what you kill, that is the necromon way"

Strangelove
I heard a story (no idea if it's true or not) about how David Twohy gave the studio 3, hard-bound, locked scripts after Pitch Black, and the key to the first one.

I always thought that sounded cool.

ragesRemorse

bigfilmfan
I thought this film was below par

office jesus
Originally posted by bigfilmfan
I thought this film was below par

Agreed.

deathgodriddick
i really want to see a sequel to COR and if you have been following the media vin diesel mentioned earlier this year that the director and writer from cor and pitch black is almost done with the scripts.

Darth Macabre
Vin Diesel said that information should be coming otu about the next movie soon.

jinXed by JaNx
Vin Diesel should do a another good (original) movie before he shoves some more riddick shit down our throats. I like the dude a lot but he's getting older and the older he gets the less valuable he will be as an action star. I'd really like to see the dude branch out into some more crime drama's. He seems to be giving his fans what they want but it's getting old and really fast. I guess just as long as he doesn't do anymore dumbass disney fluff he'll be alright. Does anyone else feel me on this? I mean, Vin Diesel is no longer an action star but rather, Vin Diesel is Riddick and dom Toretto laughing out loud Meanwhile, dumbass wrestlers with no acting talent or screen presence at all are pumping movies out every other month.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Strangelove
I heard a story (no idea if it's true or not) about how David Twohy gave the studio 3, hard-bound, locked scripts after Pitch Black, and the key to the first one.

Originally posted by Strangelove
I always thought that sounded cool.

CadoAngelus
i loved pitchblack...i loved dark fury...i loved chronicles...i loved escape from butcher bay...i loved assault on dark athena...i can see this being good

3Shelves
Chronicles of Riddick was a below average movie, but the Riddick character himself was actually really good.

I want to see a good sequel.

The film franchise should probably end after this movie though.

Games and books might be nice later on though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.