Darth Sidious vs. Ancient Sith Lord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Follower
Could any of the ancient Lords, Kun or Bane perhaps, defeat this master of the dark side?

Lord_Windu
IMO, yes. Not sure about Bane though, but Exar Kun definitely could. He was living at the time where the Republic was constantly at war, he slaughtered many Jedi, so he definitely has more battle experience than Sidious, who hid from the Jedi for most of the time. It took a whole ton of Jedi to kill Exar Kun, and even then, his spirit still survived, and his spirit, ionized air particles, took about a whole ton of students of Luke Skywalker to kill.

Darth_Otaku
Yeah,Kun couldNaga Sadow could Marka Ragnos could.And maybe even Bane.

Fishy
Almost every ancient Sith could because of experience... Sidious was a politician and a magician not a fighter. Somebody who fights a lot is going to beat him because they know how to fight

Bobafetty
Any ancient sith lord could kick the crap out of Sidious easy.

Darth Macabre
Sidious i think they could just do to experience. I think a better fight with force powers would be Plagueis versus the ancient sith lords. Lets see if he deserves the wise title that Sidious gave him.

Fishy
Seeing as we don't know anything about him he will lose from everybody

Darth_Otaku
That would be stupid cuz we don't know nothing bout Plagueis.But he would probably die.

Darth_Otaku
Damn Fishy you where just before me.You have a nag for doing that,don't you?

Fishy
Yes I do smile

Its a gift

Sith Follower
As Wege and others have shwon us, experience equals knowledge and use of the Force. However, how could another Sith overpower Sidious? For one, he's a strategist as well as a badass with extreme power. He wouldn't fall so easily to them.

Fishy
He's a politician with no talent for fighting a nice command of the force but many Ancient Sith match that and most surpass that. They have done more impressive things, have more experience with fighting and have done a lot more impressive shit then Sidious had. When they tried fighting for control Sidious was sneaking around using politics. Impressive but nothing that would make you think he is a great fighter, just a politician with a good command of the force.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Sidious would beat any ancient sith, IMHO.

Nai Fohl
Sidous has no chance against the ancient Sith Lords.

They do at least all have equal powers and they are a lot more used to fight. No chance for Sidious here.

Human Vader
and jar jar could beat anyone on the jedi council, IMHO

Bobafetty
get a life Human Vader

Human Vader
lol you dont like me? thats too bad, see i just have no patience for n00bs like you so i like to let people know whats on my mind. these threads are pointless, same with the malak vs revan thread and vader vs naga sadow or tulak hord. one combatant(s) completely outmatch the other

Bobafetty
um... Im a senior member pal not a noob

Human Vader
um........ n00b is different than newb pal

one means youre new to something and the other means you dont know what your talking about at all

Bobafetty
I see. It must take a big computer nerd to know that.

Human Vader
oh it does, let me assure you

Bobafetty
Oh I believ ya. Dont need to assure me at all

Darth L. Dipsit
Peace, guys.

You're both good and have demonstrated your superiority in knowledge of certain areas of SW over guys like me without trying. It's obvious you are both seasoned SW patriots. Why fight?

Bobafetty
believe*

Human Vader
he just doesnt like the way i make my points, im sure i come off as a very mean guy, and i dont blame him. but thats the beauty of a forum, i dont know any of you so what do i care what you think of me. btw dipsit, how can you be so nice all the time? it must be hard i could never do that, hats off to you

Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks - much appreciated. However, I think I might get more praise than I deserve - don't get me too used to it or I'll become a megalomaniac!

Anyway, I just hope you guys can agree to become mutual allies.

Darth Somebody
Fishy, do remember that Palpatine/Sidious is the only Sith Lord to ever accomplish the goals of their order. He was the only Sith to takeover the galaxy. He was smarter - I don't care what you say - than the previous Lords of The Sith. Like the Revenge of The Sith novel says. The Sith evolved. That's why Sidious won. Because though Revan was a tactical genius, he was a war-monger. He had no real subtlety. That's why he lost.

Palpatine USED what he had - like Revan and the Lords of The Sith. Palpatine is the only ruler of the galaxy. I agree. He's not the most powerful. But he is easily one of - if not THE - greatest Sith Lord.

Fishy
Yeah I remember that he was the first to win... But not because he was smarter, but because he did the only thing he could do. Exar Kun, Sadow, Revan every ancient Sith Lord always tested themselves by facing the Jedi head on and winning in a battle of strengths and brains. A full out war.

Sidious may have accomplished his goals, but not in a way that would make him stronger just a better politician. There are plenty of politicians in this world who have accomplished or are getting great power without fighting themselves or leading army's. Does that make them great? No it just makes them smart. Those people don't really deserve my respect. And I sure as hell would never ever call one of those people greater then Alexander, Gaius Julius Caesar, Hanibal Barca, Sipio Africanus, Rommel or one other great general of our history. Even if they did accomplish their goals

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Quit arguing ladies.

Fetty shouldnt have started sh!t, but Human vader shouldnt have been laMe with the jar jar thing. either way, im better than both of you, and u get this............

Darth Somebody
Fishy. The goal of the Sith is NOT full out war. That is the reason that the previous Sith Lords FAILED. Palpatine was a Sith Lord who had evolved. He WAS smarter. He WAS more clever. He WAS THE only Sith Lord to accomplish the goals of The Sith.

Revan was probably the most brilliant military tactition of The Sith. But he failed for going out into war. He lost. Palpatine orchestrated wars. He kept in the shadows. He did it because it WORKED. You probably think Palpatine was a coward. Yep. I agree. But he was a smart coward. A cunning coward. And he still deserves the title as the Greatest Sith Lord because he was the only one who ever accomplished the goals of his order.

General Zodiac
Sidious manged to kill 3 Jedi in 3 seconds...Jedi Masters. Who else has done that plus he defeated Yoda...YODA!! I'm not sure about Mace either he faked it to turn Anakin or actually lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.