conventions/cosplay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silvertsume
if anybody's been in any cons and cosplayed, id love to hear about it.... ^^. ive done
yuyu-youko
galaxy - ranpha
love hina- su
negima- evangaline
yuyu- suicci
yuyu- yukina
fruits basket- kyo fangirl
fruits basket- arisa
inu yasha- inu taiso (( me n my frends were sesshy, yasha, and taiso and we did who let the dogs out ^^))

silvertsume
wow.. 12 veiws and no replies.... ^^* saddish for me.

keiji
i'm going with a group of 10 friends next year and we're all gonna dress like characters from the same manwa!

silvertsume
really? what manga?

keiji
manwa.....koren manga.
demon diary.

silvertsume
ooo... really? my friend nicole has that.. i think.. but ive never read it ^^

keiji
Originally posted by silvertsume
ooo... really? my friend nicole has that.. i think.. but ive never read it ^^
read it! it's really funny!
my friend ranef_v (KMC user name) is gonna be raenef, i'm gonna be eclipse!

keiji
*raenef_v

silvertsume
yep! thats what nicole has yes ^^ ill borrow it from her, it sounds god !^^

silvertsume
good*

keiji
it is!

silvertsume
i live in florida so we have jacon and animefest and a couple others... mostly in orlando

keiji
CA we have cons....mainly in the summer....

sai12
I always thought it would be fun to go to one of those!! Dont' know who I would dress up as though...Or how I would pull it off. no expression

sailormoon
Me and my friends are going to one in Atlanta in September!!! I don't know what I want to be yet though!!!

keiji
yep! thats what nicole has yes ^^ ill borrow it from her, it sounds god !^^
read it yet????

shadow12
my friend went to a convetion as luna from lunar ithink

WindDancer
if anybody's been in any cons and cosplayed, id love to hear about it.... ^^. ive done
yuyu-youko
galaxy - ranpha
love hina- su
negima- evangaline
yuyu- suicci
yuyu- yukina
fruits basket- kyo fangirl
fruits basket- arisa
inu yasha- inu taiso (( me n my frends were sesshy, yasha, and taiso and we did who let the dogs out ^^))

Sounds like fun! Tells us more about your experience. smile

I'm planing to go to Comic-Con in San Diego during summer. I'm looking forward. Gotta get ready for registration. happy

sailormoon
Yes tell us more!!! eek! happy

keiji
more story!

moises
Yeah, cosplay/convetions are pretty bad. There was this cosplay girl in the latest Animerica mag.(I think it's the latest) dressed up like Rei from Evangelion and she looked pretty hot. I think her name was, Lisa Pearce.

WindDancer
I have yet to experience an anime convention. But I've seen some Anime cosplay in comic book conventions. They are minimal but they always look cool!

Kaden
Originally posted by shadow12
my friend went to a convetion as luna from lunar i think

Hey! I'm mentioned here, before I even joined these boards! wink

Yes, it was me and my friend who cosplayed Lunar characters at a recent con. My friend was Luna (Lunar), and I was Lucia (Lunar 2). happy It was awesome!

silvertsume
oh.. sry i havnt been responding to my own thing.. i thought it died... lol.... but.. ne wayz.. for people who wanted 2 know more...cons are really fun! and alot of times the people you meet remember you! me and my friends have gone in groups from a series.. or individually.

silvertsume
my personal favorite was doing inu taiso(inu yasha's father) with my two friends, and we set up a whole scene involving the song who let the dogs out.. we got 2nd place in the cosplay competition!

Lana
There's already threads for this....

Anime Conventions
Cosplay

Anyway, yes, I go to cons and cosplay, and have even won awards yes

sailormoon
Sounds fun!!! Can't wait to try it!!! happy

silvertsume
Originally posted by Lana

Anime Conventions
Cosplay

Anyway, yes, I go to cons and cosplay, and have even won awards yes oops.. i didnt know that... sorry...

Lana
oops.. i didnt know that... sorry...

No prob wink

sai12

Anime Conventions
Cosplay

Anyway, yes, I go to cons and cosplay, and have even won awards yes

You really want us to revive those dead threads? *raises eyebrow*

Lana
Well, it's sort of a forum rule that it's better to search to see if a thread already exists and to use that instead of starting new ones.....

sai12
Yes, I know of this..but now that this is already up and going..I don't see a reason to revive those ones.

Also, you did see that WindDancer already posted on here, so I bet its okay wink

Lana
Well generally if someone starts a thread and old ones are found, they get merged wink

Anyway! Anyone want to show off any cosplay pictures? happy I've got loads....

sai12
I've been wishing that they would merge the Ruroini Kenshin threads....

Start showing them off Lana! :P

Lana
Report them and they'll get merged yes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/nekoshoujo/Dscn0052.jpg

That's me as Rabi~en~Rose from Di Gi Charat....I didn't have my hair dyed pink that day, though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/nekoshoujo/songstressyuripa.jpg

Two of my friends and I dressed up as Songstresses from Final Fantasy X-2...I'm Paine (the one on the right).

sai12
OOH! *claps* That's great!!

You guys are awesome!!

So....know of any conventions that come to the midwest? *hopes*

Lana
I live in the midwest...so yes yes

There's a few in Chicago (where I live) and one in Iowa....I'm sure there's more that I can't think of though.

sai12
I live in the midwest...so yes yes

There's a few in Chicago (where I live) and one in Iowa....I'm sure there's more that I can't think of though.

OMG!! YOU SAID IOWA!? Tell me where! I live in Iowa!! *bounces*

Lana
Anime Iowa, it's in Cedar Rapids (if I remember correctly), and is in August big grin might want to look it up to be sure, though.

sai12
Don't know where that is...bet its on the other side of the state...

keiji
pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lana
I'll have to search to find more of my pics....

BTW, the bunny ears for my Rabi~en~Rose costume are about 3 feet tall when they're not bent like that.

TastyLumpia
I've been to Otakon once (as Merle/Meruru from Escaflowne), and plan on going again this year (as Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew). Last time I only stayed one day, and my friend (who was also a newbie) and I just wandered around in awe, taking pictures of other cosplayers and handfeeding Pocky to cute guys.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by TastyLumpia
I've been to Otakon once (as Merle/Meruru from Escaflowne), and plan on going again this year (as Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew). Last time I only stayed one day, and my friend (who was also a newbie) and I just wandered around in awe, taking pictures of other cosplayers and handfeeding Pocky to cute guys.

::Nosebleeds::

Oh sorry uhhh.....Atmospheric pressure?yeah thats it.........

Anyways im shooting for Cos-playing at Animefest in Dallas and Sugoicon in Cincinatti.Probably as Shikamaru from Naruto and MAYBE Great Saiyaman

sai12
I really need to get to one of these events someday....Just to see what I'm missing out on!

Lana
They really are great fun. Too bad the next one I'm going to isn't until next May....

EvilCap America
Has anyone ever thought of volenteering or trying to get on the staff of a con?I hear if you put enough time in at certain cons you can get your admission covered and sometimes a place to craash.That could be a great way to save money and ease the finacial burden ifyou have the time

Of course its gotta be a con you can do that and still be in costume at big grin

Darthburgerking
Futch-suikoden 2
Shonen Bat-Paranoia agent
Dosu-Naruto
that guy that melts people, I forgot his name-MAR

sailormoon
Hey!!!!!!!!!! I just went to my first Anime Convention Ever!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!! I even got to see Final Fantasy Advent children, which was like one of the best movies Ever (even though their were so many people I had to sit on the floor and everyone struggled to see subtitles, but it was worth the uncomfortable situation and I saw almost all the subtitles)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were so many cosplayers, and the Dealers' room was amazing! And I tried Pocky for the first time ever! And, OMG, I got to take a picture with Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist's voice actor Vic Micnoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think that's how you spell it) He autographed my FMA manga book 2 and everything!!!!!!!!!! And he was soooooooooooooooo nice! I got to get fanart, look at fanart, see the Gundam Seed movie, and some of Sailor Moon: Live Action, which I hear wasn't that good! And of course I took alot of pictures, or, as many as I could, next time I go, I swear I'm gonna bring like $300 or over (hopefully)! I feel so fulfilled!!!!!!!!!

TheQuincy
I cosplayed the other day as Super Saiyan trunks. One a prize too for "Best Lookalike" my friend one "Judge's Pick" as Piccolo

riku-chan
They really are great fun. Too bad the next one I'm going to isn't until next May....
the one in santa barabara or something..... or is it LA?

i'm going to Destiny in a month with the anime club. our theme is supernatural. a group of friends is doing vampire game with me. i'm gonna be duzell

Lana
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Has anyone ever thought of volenteering or trying to get on the staff of a con?I hear if you put enough time in at certain cons you can get your admission covered and sometimes a place to craash.That could be a great way to save money and ease the finacial burden ifyou have the time

Of course its gotta be a con you can do that and still be in costume at big grin

I was actually supposed to be a staff department head at a con last year, but scheduling conflicts meant I couldn't go sad one of my friends staffed Anime Central this year, it was really funny, she was like "I get to moderate the hentai panel!" laughing out loud That was also the con where I was dressed up as a gothic lolita and dancing on a chair during the masquerade (and I was in the audience, I didn't participate this year)...

Originally posted by riku-chan
the one in santa barabara or something..... or is it LA?

i'm going to Destiny in a month with the anime club. our theme is supernatural. a group of friends is doing vampire game with me. i'm gonna be duzell

I live in Chicago, the next convention I'm going to is Anime Central in May. I could go to Reactor (formerly Anime Reactor) in a month, but last year it sucked and from what I'm hearing it's not going to be any better this year, so I'm going to just save the money.

I'm hoping to go out to San Diego next year for Comic-Con though......big grin

Takiko_4ever
all man...i've never been to a convention center before...
but the closest to where i live is like 4 hours away in Washington.
The Sakura Com
Wow i wanna go....-_-

XxILuvVegetaxX
*sigh* i would like to go to a convention, in seems interesting. Actually i live in MD and theres 1 that comes durin the summer called Otaku i thnk...ima try 2 go this year ^_^

fionalouise
yey next year i think in august i think there is one near me in england! horah !

Lana
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
*sigh* i would like to go to a convention, in seems interesting. Actually i live in MD and theres 1 that comes durin the summer called Otaku i thnk...ima try 2 go this year ^_^

Otakon? I want to go to that, it's supposed to be huge, only Anime Expo is larger.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Yea thats the 1!!! Yea ive heard its pretty big thats y i wanna go ^_^

Gaia
Originally posted by Takiko_4ever
all man...i've never been to a convention center before...
but the closest to where i live is like 4 hours away in Washington.
The Sakura Com
Wow i wanna go....-_-
Sakura -shivers- "Die you stupid, pink haired, idiot"

no one lives near me......................

Japan Town Anime Festival in SF is on the 17/18 of Dec. but I have to study for my stupid finals.

Most likely, I'll be at Fanime in San Jose come this May (I think.) I'll be there with my school Anime club. laughing out loud we can do lots of group cosplays with 30 or more ppl!. All I know is that I'm suppose to go as Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto), Eclipse (Demon Diary), and Takuto (Fullmoon O Sagashite) or Daisuke (D.N.Angel). I doning practically all of them with other ppl. In fact, the Narto Cosplay is getting quite big. We have Kakashi, Sasuke, Itachi (Who is actually Japanese!), Sakura (-shivers-), Lee, Kiba, one of the Jonin (can't remember who), and Haku. We can't seem to find anyone for Naruto though...... laughing out loud Someone heard about the Anime Chess in my club, and wants to enter the Naruto group into it now. laughing out loud Imagine it: Ninja's vs. Magical Girls, Ninjas vs. Shinigami, Ninjas vs. ....... You get the idea.

Anyone here live in teh Bay Area, or is going to come out for this con?

Takiko_4ever
Ahhhhhh....you guys are sooo lucky!
*Cries*

Takiko_4ever
Cosplay!

mssharrow
cute, but who's character is it? embarrasment

can anyone put more pictures of their cosplay
eek!

sailormoon
Cosplay!

Is that you? Awww, you're so pretty!!! You look like a real anime character! eek!

Maya Zurak
great costumes! eek!

Gaia
Cosplay!
ahhhhhhh you so pretty! I wished I was that good........ As it is, I got mistaken for a guy at con..... Then again, I was dressed like a guy.....

you may have noticed that those are all guys.............

Takiko_4ever
you know what....
most of the ppl that goes as Naruto charaters are usually girls!
and they look better than the guys 2!
check it out!

Takiko_4ever
here's another one!

Gaia
laughing out loud yup. in my club's cosplay (naruto):
Haku - girl
Kakashi - girl
Itachi - boy
Sakura - girl
Sasuke - girl (me)
Lee - guy
Kiba - guy

mssharrow
wow cool pics......cool

maybe a lot of girl dressed in man's character it's because there's lot of guy character in anime than girls.

do you guys bought those costumes or you designed them yourself?

Takiko_4ever
Originally posted by mssharrow
wow cool pics......cool

maybe a lot of girl dressed in man's character it's because there's lot of guy character in anime than girls.

do you guys bought those costumes or you designed them yourself?

Actually...i personally think ppl make their own costums!
but if you not so good at designing clothings...there's these pages online where you can get someone else to do the outfit of you!
so yea!

Gaia
yeah. some are easier than others. I have two vacations to do three costumes: Sasuke (damn shoes!), Eclipse (the hair is so hard), and Takuto (it's the backpack and hat that are not fun to make)

Actually, I'm thinking about get Sharingan contact lenses and a white cat eared hat just so my life is easier.

Takiko_4ever
Than go for it!

Gaia
Than go for it!

It's the body suit. -.-' not making that one. I'm doing the blue shirt and white pants.

are any of these pictures of you?

Takiko_4ever
nope...not most of them!

Gaia
which one then? oh, was it the really, really pretty one of the girl in blue?
This one?
Cosplay!

sailormoon
Oh!!!! Those pictures are amazing! Girls do the boys way better than the boys do!

Gaia
Than go for it!
this Sasuke's a guy, right? Damn he did an awesome job. I'm going to hate myself if I can't do as go a job (perfectionist). Well, I just found out that I'm going to be doing that every-15-minutes thing cause my friend wants to do Demon Diary and D.N.Angel on the same day. thus, I will have to wear a wig, and then spray paint my black hair red. Funny how i'm the taller of us, and the one with black hair, and yet I have to be Daisuke.

Thunder Fox
my friends went (damn them...) and one was Luna i think and the other goyjo from saiyuki

mssharrow
gojyo is cool too, but I like son goku & hakkai.

I have met someone who have the same mark in his upper left forehead same as to gaara, he also put some black paint I think around his eyes, though he's wearing a school uniform, because he just got out from school. it's cool, he says that mark in his foreheadhim is permanent.

Thunder Fox
i like sanzo best then goku

Gaia
gojyo is cool too, but I like son goku & hakkai.

I have met someone who have the same mark in his upper left forehead same as to gaara, he also put some black paint I think around his eyes, though he's wearing a school uniform, because he just got out from school. it's cool, he says that mark in his foreheadhim is permanent.
laughing out loud that awesome! my friend who's cosplaying kakashi (girl) went to the mall this weekend and saw someone with a face mask, a black ninja headband (worn over the left eye), and hair done up like Kakashi's! Unfortunately, she had such a fit of joy that she couldn't speak to him the two times they passed.

funny, huh?

mssharrow
laughing out loud , that's funny, seeing someone like that makes you wanna talk with them, but maybe you're friend was too amazed that she couldn't speak big grin .

mssharrow
an anime event was held in our place last september I think, and this is one of the nice pic of the cosplayer .....

ShinobiRikari
nice sessho, who's the other guy?

mssharrow
I think the other guy is naruto when he was not yet a ninja, before the head protector, he's wearing something like goggles.

and the other one, that's inuyasha......right. wink

ShinobiRikari
sorry, yeah. I meant Inu. not sure what I was thinking when I posted that.

Takiko_4ever
LOL
It's alright....your forgiven^_^

mssharrow
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
sorry, yeah. I meant Inu. not sure what I was thinking when I posted that.

yeah takiko's right, its okay smile

when you say it was sessho, I have a second thought if that really is sessho big grin

Takiko_4ever
LOL

ShinobiRikari
laughing out loud yeah..... sorry about that. sweatdrop I must have been really sick that day......

mssharrow
big grin

look at this chibi cosplayer, so kawaii

mssharrow
and this one too...

QuincE
Allllrighty here's my FIRST cosplay. It was at some Chibi-con and I won Best-Lookalike. Super Saiyan Trunks from Dragonball Z. Oh and sorry if it's blurry, but hell, I didn't take the picture.

mssharrow
it was your first cosplay & you won eek! , good for you, that's great Happy Dance

Cyber Ninja
It is almost that time again. Omg i want to go so freaking bad *saves up money* and this year there should be alot of free things shifty. I want scrolls,anime,manga, and stuff. I will go as a naruto thing...my own character with the head band *drools*

sailormoon
and this one too...

Oh...Those are so cute! love

Cyber Ninja
Sailor Mars and Gara eek.

Takiko_4ever
check this out!!!

Takiko_4ever
and this one too!!!

crimsonphoenix
whoa that girl did a very good job and sakura......and so did the person who did itachi

Takiko_4ever
yeah they did a good job!

Takiko_4ever
Here's another pose of the girl who did Sakura

crimsonphoenix
oooooooooooo neji looked good

ShinobiRikari
Damn. I've been pulled into more cosplays. Me and my unwillingness to let my friends down. Expect pictures of me as Sasuke, Sailor Mars, Eclipse, Daisuke, and maybe Fai in May/June. no expression

Takiko_4ever
really? looking forward to it!

sailormoon
Oh! Wow!!! I'm overwhelmed by all of this awesome cosplay!!! Especially of the pictures from Itachi, Neji, both Sakuras and whoever those people are Takiko just put up!! Hey, I took a picture of this cute little Naruto cosplayer! Can anyone tell me how I could post it if possible?

Takiko_4ever
heehee

sailormoon
Stop! It's too much! They're too good!

ShinobiRikari
Originally posted by sailormoon
Oh! Wow!!! I'm overwhelmed by all of this awesome cosplay!!! Especially of the pictures from Itachi, Neji, both Sakuras and whoever those people are Takiko just put up!! Hey, I took a picture of this cute little Naruto cosplayer! Can anyone tell me how I could post it if possible?
when you post a reply, there are two choices above the submit and preview buttns, one is Upload file.

another way is to upload the picture in Imageshack and post the link.

heehee
Awesome Kakashi.

sailormoon
Thanks! smile

Takiko_4ever
yep!

mssharrow
those pic are really cute, cosplayer are unbelievable eek!
They're awesome even though we only see them in pictures, what more in person.
I want to see a cosplayer in person.ninja
To all cosplayer you're all great. yes

Lovely Murder
wow ive always wanted to go to a convention, but i dont do good in public places... please let me experience the outside world through your pictures of conventions,

i dont get out much... maybe someday i will be able to do cosplay.

WrathfulDwarf
Awesome pics everyone!

This weekend I'm going to Wizard World Los Angeles 2006. There is bound to be some Anime/Manga so I'll work on getting some pics for everyone to see. Be good everyone! C'ya later. big grin

Takiko_4ever
Ahhh! can't wait till u get back with new pics!!!

ShinobiRikari
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Awesome pics everyone!

This weekend I'm going to Wizard World Los Angeles 2006. There is bound to be some Anime/Manga so I'll work on getting some pics for everyone to see. Be good everyone! C'ya later. big grin
Lucky, lucky WD.

Anyone going to be at Fanime in May?

If so, come look for me on Sunday at the Naruto gathering happy

sailormoon
Originally posted by Lovely Murder
wow ive always wanted to go to a convention, but i dont do good in public places... please let me experience the outside world through your pictures of conventions,

i dont get out much... maybe someday i will be able to do cosplay.

Awww, you should just jump right into it! I went to my first at Anime Weekend Atlanta this past September! I'm going to my second, MomoCon, this weekend!

mssharrow
how was it sailormoon?

Lovely Murder
cool, i dont know of any conventions in vancouver though, i know there sometimes in victoria or at SFU... i dont know though

sailormoon
It was magical!...It felt so good to be around people interested in the same things I was interested in! I even met a voice actor! I couldn't figure out what I wanted to be in time for the convention though so I didn't cosplay...I'm going to try to at the next AWA though! I got to see Final Fantasy Advent Children too! They showed the 4th Inuyasha movie but I went to the Gundam Seed movie instead. Along with this concert! It was really really fun! And our hotel was right across the street from the convention so we could go when we pleased! It was amazing to see so many anime lovers in one place! And there were so many Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto cosplayers!!! Those were the most popular choices!!! yes It was amazing... love big grin

ShinobiRikari
:P

The Bay Area is the place to be! We have so much weird stuff here it's all normal. Lots of Conventions. The Japantown Festival is coming up in April. And then there's Fanime in May.

Hmmm... I really should start working on my costumes....

sailormoon
Wow....sounds like heaven! stick out tongue

Takiko_4ever
^_^

mssharrow
cosplayer in black!

Takiko_4ever
hehe!

sailormoon
I went to MomoCon this weekend! It was fun! We basically watched AMV's the whole time, which was fun! Here, there was a lot of FMA, Inuyasha, Naruto, FF7, and Trigun cosplayers! It was funny because one of the Naruto cosplayers was trying to like start a riot or something. He kept appearing everywhere and holding up a sign that said "The Dub Sucks! Blow up Adult Swim". Even though Naruto isn't on Adult Swim... stick out tongue

Takiko_4ever
lolz that's funy!
u guys are lucky conventions happen around you guys! nothing happen in Oregon!
This guy who cosplyed as reno is cute!!!no.. hawt!!!

FullMetalLover1
looks just like reno! laughing out loud

Takiko_4ever
yeah only this one is real and you can get to him! LOLZ

sailormoon
I wish anime characters were real...

Takiko_4ever
Oops sorry...

Takiko_4ever
Here's the picure!

Mønkey
wow these people look really good smile

I hope I look that good when i cosplay later this month!

Takiko_4ever
I hope you'll post a picture of yourself too!

FullMetalLover1
omg! thats tifa! i should know cuz i look at tifa pics all the time shifty

Takiko_4ever
yep!

Takiko_4ever
yep!
This girl looks like a real doll!
kinda scary...

FullMetalLover1
yeah

Takiko_4ever
Here's another cosplay...

FullMetalLover1
WOAH!!! i coulde never cosplay like that!

Takiko_4ever
I know!

Lovely Murder
eek! yes

Takiko_4ever
These are some pro's...

FullMetalLover1
oooohh!

Takiko_4ever
^_^ I'm a pudding

Lana
6 weeks until Anime Central....unfortunately I won't be able to go all out for a costume as I'm staffing the convention and will be working all weekend.

FullMetalLover1
^_^ I'm a pudding

are those two guys?!?!

Takiko_4ever
They are!
LOLZ
that's some real live yaoi action...
although it's kinda disturbing if you think of it as Itachi and Sasuke...

Takiko_4ever
oops Here's a New pix

Lana
You know, you really shouldn't post pictures of other people if you don't have their permission....

Takiko_4ever
That's why it online for
would you rather if i credit to??

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>