Inner-Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magee
Just wondered if any of you have heard of this theory. Its basically that the earth is hollow (like a honey comb) and possible inhabited by ultraterrestrials. There is supposedly a 900mile wide hole at the north pole which is one of the entrances to this civilization.

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/tunnels.html

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/past.html

The second link goes onto explain about UFOs possibly being from earth (ultraterrestrials) and being described as fairies and elves hundreads of yrs ago due to lack of scientific knowledge. Its really quite interesting.

KharmaDog
If by, "Its really quite interesting." You mean that it's completely insane, then I agree.

Magee
Originally posted by KharmaDog
If by, "Its really quite interesting." You mean that it's completely insane, then I agree. I meant the last part was interesting, not the inner-earth theory. But if you can give me some valid reasons as to why its insane then I will give you some as to why its not.

Bardock42
Heard of it....is Bullshit though since its not possible by any Physical Standards.

I heard too that the Dalai Lamas were supposed to have an enntrance or something laughing

Fishy
Yeah threw their Llama's..

I've heard about it, but its completely and utterly impossible

Bardock42
Originally posted by Magee
I meant the last part was interesting, not the inner-earth theory. But if you can give me some valid reasons as to why its insane then I will give you some as to why its not.

A Hollow Earth would implode in aboot 5 seconds
We actually can measure the mass of the earth and it wouldn't be enough if it were hollow

Further to the "Core" it gets hotter and hotter so that people couldn'T live there

I bet there are thousands more..I am not a scientist but I can see that it can'T really work.

Magee
Originally posted by Bardock42
A Hollow Earth would implode in aboot 5 seconds
We actually can measure the mass of the earth and it wouldn't be enough if it were hollow

Further to the "Core" it gets hotter and hotter so that people couldn'T live there

I bet there are thousands more..I am not a scientist but I can see that it can'T really work. How do you know it gets hotter the further you go down? Have you tried it for yourself?

The results of superdeep drilling show that seismic surveys of continental crust are being constantly misinterpreted. Much of the modelling of the earth's interior depends on the interpretation of seismic records. If these interpretations are wrong at depths of only a few kilometres, how much reliance can be placed on interpretations of the earth's structure at depths of hundreds or thousands of kilometres beneath the surface?!

The truth is scientist really don't know much when it comes to our earth. Im not supporting The Hollow Earth theory but i'm certainly not ruling it out.

Bardock42
How do you know it gets hotter the further you go down? Have you tried it for yourself?

The results of superdeep drilling show that seismic surveys of continental crust are being constantly misinterpreted. Much of the modelling of the earth's interior depends on the interpretation of seismic records. If these interpretations are wrong at depths of only a few kilometres, how much reliance can be placed on interpretations of the earth's structure at depths of hundreds or thousands of kilometres beneath the surface?!

The truth is scientist really don't know much when it comes to our earth. Im not supporting The Hollow Earth theory but i'm certainly not ruling it out.

Well you should....and I hope some Physicist steps in and tells you why big grin

KharmaDog
How do you know it gets hotter the further you go down? Have you tried it for yourself?

If this your example of an intelligent way to counter bardock's point then what's to stop him from replying with, "I'm rubber you're glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

As for the geological composition of the earth. I would side over scientists and geologists over the theory that it is hollow and that fairies live in the centre of it.

If you are not ruling out every option than a case can be made that the centre of earth is made up of a naturally occurring Styrofoam, or that the centre of the earth is made up of a soft chewey centre that is coated with a rich and chocolaty coating.

Plate tech-tonics goes by the theory that large plates of the earth are consistently moving across an inner/molten lava core (I am probably not 100% on this but this is what I remember from highschool so please correct me if I am wrong).

So far nothing has been really shown to disprove this, I'm sure the discovery of aliens in a hollow earth's core would at least make FOX news.

Swanky-Tuna
I swear to anyone I would of flat out died if I fell into a cave full of skeletons.

Magee
Originally posted by KharmaDog
If this your example of an intelligent way to counter bardock's point then what's to stop him from replying with, "I'm rubber you're glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." Oh i am sorry. How about, "Please provide me with some scientific evidence that the Earth gets hotter as you go deeper." All i was merely trying to say was, it may generally be accepted but that doesn't make it so.

Good for you smile

Styrofoam and Chocolate are both artificial products, it just wouldn't be logical to even consider such a thing... But I'm not about to stop you.

Yes that is the THEORY. Far be it for me or you to say whether it is correct.

KharmaDog
"Please provide me with some scientific evidence that the Earth gets hotter as you go deeper."

Volcanoes spewing magma, vents in the Mariana (sp?) trench. There are more, I'm sure you can find them if you care to.

Aren't there any geology geeks out there to argue this one?

Swanky-Tuna
30,000 skeletons!! HOLY CRAP!

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
30,000 skeletons!! HOLY CRAP!

I guess some guy had the job of counting them?

jaden101
a hollow centre of the planet...lets see now...if it was hollow and not a massive iron core as it is...then the mass and therefor the gravitational pull of the planet would be diminished and we would all go floating off into space

Magee
Originally posted by jaden101
a hollow centre of the planet...lets see now...if it was hollow and not a massive iron core as it is...then the mass and therefor the gravitational pull of the planet would be diminished and we would all go floating off into space When i say hollow i dont mean there's just a massive hole. Read the link and it describes tunnels and caverns, it suggests that they run all through the earth and connect at different points on the surface.

Napalm
I knew mole people existed !

Trickster

Styrofoam and Chocolate are both artificial products, it just wouldn't be logical to even consider such a thing... But I'm not about to stop you.

He did say naturally occuring Styrofoam...

whirlysplat
Well we've if it was hollow which it is not! Pressure would increase as you went further in and temperature would go up that way. Mad idea, Yeas we've all heard of hollow earth and the only things I know that live there are Trolls big grin

LordFear
Well I could possibly entertain the idea that if myriads of tunnels are interconnected therefore somehow releasing pressure and heat from within and allowing living organisms ie humanoids to exist is not entirely laughable although scientific studies do not , hypotheses because to be a theory it must be somewhat proven not entirely untrue in a controlled environment ie a lab.

lil bitchiness
ANYTHING is possible. Some things are just not very probable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.