marvel universe v white martian invasion!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
is the earth doomed?? WM's wipes out the dc earth for a brief time. jla had to drag the MOON into earth orbit in order to defeat them! would marvel's earth fare any better against an army of martian manhunters? who would be the last hero or heroes standing in their way?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
is the earth doomed?? WM's wipes out the dc earth for a brief time. jla had to drag the MOON into earth orbit in order to defeat them! would marvel's earth fare any better against an army of martian manhunters? who would be the last hero or heroes standing in their way?
marvel universe ? do you mean marvel earth?

Swanky-Tuna
jla had to drag the MOON into earth orbit in order to defeat them!
This just in, the moon is already in Earth's orbit.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This just in, the moon is already in Earth's orbit.

Bwahahahahahaahahahaha laughing Bwahahahahahahahahhahahaha

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This just in, the moon is already in Earth's orbit. laughing laughing

DarkCrawler

Human Torch.

kgkg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Human Torch.
lol

leonidas
<<This just in, the moon is already in Earth's orbit.>>

oops. um, ya. hmm, let's see if i can try that again. the jla had to drag the moon close enough to earth that there was breatheable AIR on the moon's surface. and yes, i DID mean marvel's earth - not its whole universe. 'pologies, all, but c'mon, cut me some slack, i'm sick as a dog over here.

dragged the moon into earth's orbit?? must be sicker than i thought . . .

brainchild81
Can't the torch just cook 'em all?

leonidas
i doubt it. the martians have superman level speed and telepathy. i'm guessing johnny'd be one of the first wiped out before he ever had the CHANCE to flame on. and it would only take one shot by one of them to get close enough and johnny would be dead even if he was flamed. and does anyone know if flames can hurt martians if they are intangible?

Swanky-Tuna
Are vllains/heroes that are dead allowed?

leonidas
<<Are vllains/heroes that are dead allowed?>>

umm . . . no?

the Darkone
their's a lot of people that will blast the white martians into oblivion sending them back to dc universe. thanos, adam warlock, atum the sun god/ demogorge, dark phoenix, man-beast, overmind, onslaught, tyrant, king thor, zeus, destroyer, racheal summers, god-like cable, xman, franklin richards, godstalkers, magneto, sersi, ikaris, forgotten one, The sentry, quasar hell living tribunal will blink their ass back to the dc universe.

Magee
Originally posted by the Darkone
their's a lot of people that will blast the white martians into oblivion sending them back to dc universe. thanos, adam warlock, atum the sun god/ demogorge, dark phoenix, man-beast, overmind, onslaught, tyrant, king thor, zeus, destroyer, racheal summers, god-like cable, xman, franklin richards, godstalkers, magneto, sersi, ikaris, forgotten one, The sentry, quasar hell living tribunal will blink their ass back to the dc universe. Marvel EARTH not universe. Also no Onslaught, Dark Pheonix or God-Like Cable coz their either dead or not around at the moment.

I think Earths screwed tbh.

the Darkone
The title says marvel universe. Doesn't say marvel earth.

the Darkone
Atum the sun god will fry all their asses. And Molecule Man will play havoc with their molecules so would sersi and forgotten one. King thor and dr. strange opens a portal to hades and drop their ass off, destroyer will physical kick their ass all day everyday killing them with his disintegration blast that kills gods. Theirs a lot of people on earth that can kill them, and blast there ass into oblivion.

whirlysplat
I guess you like Marvel right big grin

Atum the sun god will fry all their asses. And Molecule Man will play havoc with their molecules so would sersi and forgotten one. King thor and dr. strange opens a portal to hades and drop their ass off, destroyer will physical kick their ass all day everyday killing them with his disintegration blast that kills gods. Theirs a lot of people on earth that can kill them, and blast there ass into oblivion.

relax read all good comics. big grin Stop trying to prove one company is better than the other you can't.

Keep the faith rock

Keep it Whirly big grin

the Darkone
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I guess you like Marvel right big grin

relax read all good comics. big grin Stop trying to prove one company is better than the other you can't.

Keep the faith rock

Keep it Whirly big grin

For your info I like both MARVEL and DC big grin and I 'm not trying to compare companies plus if I was what the hell are you going to do about it not a damn thing, so have a coke and a smile and shut the hell up.

norrin radd

leonidas

kgkg

the Darkone
Sersi and forgotten one and the rest of the eternal are godlike so they don't get tired they also have mental powers also and can manipulate cosmic energies to increase their own powers. King Thor is on earth if recall Asgard is on earth. the Sentry who is immune to mind attacks will take them out in a blink of an eye limitless powers, Gaea mother earth will call her son atum the sun god he was born on earth. And let's don't forget Dr. doom the man who took silver surfer and beyonder powers give him an hour he will kick ass, the same with magneto.

whirlysplat

K Von Doom
Dr Strange would probably just teleport them all to Mephisto's realm

long pig
dammit, KVD!

Took my answer mad

After letting earth's avengers and x-men get their asses beat, he'd come in and save the day, like he always does...
Then he gives them a lecture.

FieryBalrog
Molecule Man would be a "problem"? Molecule Man would slaughter them, hes a Cube.

Sentry
Sentry will take half, God Like Cable and Sersi could mess up the rest. Oh, Jean's on earth isn't she? Phoenix as her avatar, she could take them all, easily. Guys like Dr. Doom or Mr. Sinister won't let some freaky white aliens take over the earth. That's their job, their gonna fight. How bout Dr. Strange? He could a whole bunch of them away to another dimension? Marvel earth wins.

leonidas
are you guys kidding me??

<<It was in JLA#86 where supes said "I can count on one hand the number of beings in the known universe I would be afraid to face in open combat. Jonn J'onzz is at the top of that list. He is the most powerful being on the face of the earth.">>

now each of the white martians is not QUITE as powerful as j'onnzz, but they are damn close. and this is an invasion! cable is no longer 'god-like'. too little is known about sentry, but i SERIOUSLY doubt marvel will make him powerful enough to beat 1000 martian manhunters! sersi?? MM could take sersi alone!

i'll go with doom being around at the end - maybe. understand - the martians crushed dc earth and the jla! molecule man is powerful, no doubt - but if 100 lightspeed martians attack him physically and telepathically, he's not gonna come out of that 2 well. and strange might attempt to banish a few of them, but if a couple start bashing away at his shields at the same time . . .

hmm, i'm wondering if anyone is respecting the sheer power these guys possess. imagine 1000 martian manhunters! cripes, ONE of them would be a TOUGH challenge for superman!!

i remain unconvinced marvel earth would win the day . . .

and asgard is NOT on earth . . .

ps-i'm not sure gaea would intervene, by the way. the martians aren't going to destroy the world, and gaea rarely shows her face . . . atum seems to come out only for cosmics. i'm not sure he'd be summoned for this.

Sentry
Oh, Gaea bestows ambient magical energy to those Sorcerer's who have a need for it, and seeing earth is in trouble, she'll surely lend some of her powers to Strange to help him deal with these white aliens. Strange has taken on powerhouses like Galactus, Dormammu, and Shuma Gorath, white aliens are no different. I have to agree with K Von Doom and longpig, Strange will save the day, as he did many times before in the past, and then lecture everyone.

FieryBalrog
are you guys kidding me??

<<It was in JLA#86 where supes said "I can count on one hand the number of beings in the known universe I would be afraid to face in open combat. Jonn J'onzz is at the top of that list. He is the most powerful being on the face of the earth.">>

now each of the white martians is not QUITE as powerful as j'onnzz, but they are damn close. and this is an invasion! cable is no longer 'god-like'. too little is known about sentry, but i SERIOUSLY doubt marvel will make him powerful enough to beat 1000 martian manhunters! sersi?? MM could take sersi alone!

i'll go with doom being around at the end - maybe. understand - the martians crushed dc earth and the jla! molecule man is powerful, no doubt - but if 100 lightspeed martians attack him physically and telepathically, he's not gonna come out of that 2 well. and strange might attempt to banish a few of them, but if a couple start bashing away at his shields at the same time . . .

hmm, i'm wondering if anyone is respecting the sheer power these guys possess. imagine 1000 martian manhunters! cripes, ONE of them would be a TOUGH challenge for superman!!

i remain unconvinced marvel earth would win the day . . .

and asgard is NOT on earth . . .

ps-i'm not sure gaea would intervene, by the way. the martians aren't going to destroy the world, and gaea rarely shows her face . . . atum seems to come out only for cosmics. i'm not sure he'd be summoned for this.

Molecule Man is a Cube being- above Skyfather level. Martians aren't gonna be much more than fleas.

Sentry
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Molecule Man is a Cube being- above Skyfather level. Martians aren't gonna be much more than fleas.

I agree.

Laminator_X
I think the heroes would win the war, but there would be horrific carnage along the way. It'd be much like the Kang War. The WMs would overwhealm all initial resistance, but there'd be an eventual counter attack from all the WhiteMartianBusterBots that Mr. Fanastic and Iron-Man churn out using Master of the World's global fabrication network. Simultaniously, Prof. X cuts loose with his "Spend months in medative preparation then harness the mental power of all humanity" attack he used to fend off the Z'Noxx. The Presence and Starshine unleash an army of radioactive "ghosts" (including ghost White Matrians). Surprise attacks from Deviants, Subterraneans, and Atlantis with their crazy scifi weapons. Whatever Doom might do...

It would be horribly bloody, but I'd expect the heroes to come through in the end.

Cosmic Cube
The Eternals of Earth would make short work of them. The X-Men could handle a white martian invasion themselves.

K3VIL
Fire cause a psyco-physical reaction of Martian's physical structure blocking their powers, like J'Onn sayed fighting The General, and like was showed when Batman fought 4 Hyperclan members, it's like red sun radiation on Superman, that rend him powerless.

DarkCrawler
Flames do hurt the white martians. Not J'onn maybe, but it will hurt the white ones.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Flames do hurt the white martians. Not J'onn maybe, but it will hurt the white ones.

Exactly.

It isn't just a phobia, either. It's extremely cold on Mars, and Martians have susceptibility to intense heat. It hurts them, and not just psychologically. How could an entire race share a phobia?

Phobia = Unreasoned fear.

leonidas
<<The Eternals of Earth would make short work of them. The X-Men could handle a white martian invasion themselves.>>

BWHAHAH. the greatest heroes on the earth are sent packing, but xmen deal with 1000 WMs by themselves. hmm, let's review, shall we: each WM stronger than colossos, WAAYYYYYY faster than any xman, not as strong mentally as charlie, but VERY strong, invisibility, shapeshifting . . . oh, ya, the xmen could beat 1000 of them, no prob . . . criminy. they'd have trouble handling ONE! the eternals would fare much better, but there's WAYYY too many WMs for them to handle them all.

<<Fire cause a psyco-physical reaction of Martian's physical structure blocking their powers, like J'Onn sayed fighting The General, and like was showed when Batman fought 4 Hyperclan members, it's like red sun radiation on Superman, that rend him powerless.>>

um, do you plan to light the ENTIRE earth on fire!!? they move at near lightspeed and can read thoughts thereby diving whatever plans you want to come up with. cripes, they SLAUGHTERED the jla and dc's heroes. you think none of them ever thought of 'fire'??

that said, i HAVE heard a couple good scenarios though. molecule man i remain unsure of. it would reasonably take only 1 WM, (in disguise or invisible), to reach him. i wonder what effect WM telepathic powers would have on him? could they make him THINK he's fighting martians when he would REALLY be fighting heroes?? what i don't know is can MM be killed? is his body actually human? i thought of prof x, but he's not great with aliens, and there are a LOT of WMs, too many for charlie to beat them back. doom and strange and stark would certainly be among the last surviors and i guess it would depend on what they were able to come up with.

best post so far goes to laminator. well done! i agree - IF earth survived, it'd be bloody . . . but i'm still not entirely sure . . .

Sentry
I'm telling you Strange will save the day like the many times he did before. Dr. Doom will be helping out as well, he's good friends with Stephen Strange. His Doom Bots could buy Strange some time. So could the Sentry. Guys like Black Bolt and The Thunderbolts, Genis in particular, could also wreak havoc on those white aliens. White Aliens are doomed.

kgkg

the Darkone
Gaea can resurrected the dead as long they died on earth. Any heroes die she ca bring them back. The eternal, inhumans alone will slaughter the white martians, black bolt screams will explode their f**king heads. Dr. doom, Richard's, TS will come up some great gadgets to get rid of the white martians.

Cloak and the shroud will suck them into the black dimension for all eternity, captain marvel vaporize them into atoms warbird turns into binary and starts frying their ass with cosmic energy. fing Fang Foom will start breathing cosmic fire on them and stepping on them like insects. Rachel summers turns into the phoenix II end of invasion.

kgkg
Gaea can resurrected the dead as long they died on earth. Any heroes die she ca bring them back. The eternal, inhumans alone will slaughter the white martians, black bolt screams will explode their f**king heads. Dr. doom, Richard's, TS will come up some great gadgets to get rid of the white martians.

Cloak and the shroud will suck them into the black dimension for all eternity, captain marvel vaporize them into atoms warbird turns into binary and starts frying their ass with cosmic energy. fing Fang Foom will start breathing cosmic fire on them and stepping on them like insects. Rachel summers turns into the phoenix II end of invasion.

Is not a question if they can't or not, it's who will do it

Molecule Man, Gaea, other marvel top dawgs.

Cosmic Cube
<<The Eternals of Earth would make short work of them. The X-Men could handle a white martian invasion themselves.>>

BWHAHAH. the greatest heroes on the earth are sent packing, but xmen deal with 1000 WMs by themselves. hmm, let's review, shall we: each WM stronger than colossos, WAAYYYYYY faster than any xman, not as strong mentally as charlie, but VERY strong, invisibility, shapeshifting . . . oh, ya, the xmen could beat 1000 of them, no prob . . . criminy. they'd have trouble handling ONE! the eternals would fare much better, but there's WAYYY too many WMs for them to handle them all.

<<Fire cause a psyco-physical reaction of Martian's physical structure blocking their powers, like J'Onn sayed fighting The General, and like was showed when Batman fought 4 Hyperclan members, it's like red sun radiation on Superman, that rend him powerless.>>

um, do you plan to light the ENTIRE earth on fire!!? they move at near lightspeed and can read thoughts thereby diving whatever plans you want to come up with. cripes, they SLAUGHTERED the jla and dc's heroes. you think none of them ever thought of 'fire'??

that said, i HAVE heard a couple good scenarios though. molecule man i remain unsure of. it would reasonably take only 1 WM, (in disguise or invisible), to reach him. i wonder what effect WM telepathic powers would have on him? could they make him THINK he's fighting martians when he would REALLY be fighting heroes?? what i don't know is can MM be killed? is his body actually human? i thought of prof x, but he's not great with aliens, and there are a LOT of WMs, too many for charlie to beat them back. doom and strange and stark would certainly be among the last surviors and i guess it would depend on what they were able to come up with.

best post so far goes to laminator. well done! i agree - IF earth survived, it'd be bloody . . . but i'm still not entirely sure . . .

All of the X-Men. Including Cable, Phoenix, Doop, Magik, Juggernaut, Forge, and anyone else who has ever been an X-Man. They could handle a white martian invasion.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
All of the X-Men. Including Cable, Phoenix, Doop, Magik, Juggernaut, Forge, and anyone else who has ever been an X-Man. They could handle a white martian invasion.
Doop game over

Draco69
If it was Marvel Earth without the help of cosmic heralds or such things then the Earth would be screwed. If it was MU then of course the MU would win. Cable, Magneto and Doop would be huge problems. Including Doctor Strange. However the only reason the WM won was because they had the element of surprise and they had alot of preptime. Not to mention they were eating brains to amplify their abilities.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
If it was Marvel Earth without the help of cosmic heralds or such things then the Earth would be screwed. If it was MU then of course the MU would win. Cable, Magneto and Doop would be huge problems. Including Doctor Strange. However the only reason the WM won was because they had the element of surprise and they had alot of preptime. Not to mention they were eating brains to amplify their abilities.

Cable, Magneto, and Doop are all on Marvel Earth.

Draco69
That's true.

WMs only won because they had surprise and prep. A lot of planning was involved.

Doctor Strange would be difficult to handle. I don't see them taking him out.

Not to mention there are all types of crazy mutants running around these days.

K3VIL
I can't understand this.Some guys here need to read again the Hyperclan saga.If Batman is able to save the day, sneaking up into their base, and give Superman and the others time to recover and broke free, Captain America can do the same, there's no need of skyfathers or elder gods.
We just need to pick up some of the Avengers of Busiek & Perez era that stomp the Hyperclan.

Thor VS Protex

Iron Man VS Tronix

Hercules VS Fluxus

Quasar VS Zenturion

Living Lightning VS Zum

Firestar and Justice VS Armek

Captain America VS A-Mortal

Scarlet Witch and Vision VS Primaid

Meanwhile, all the other Avengers, Alpha Flight, X-Men, FF4, Defenders take care of the invasion.

Draco69
The problem was that Batman knew their weakness and had his gadgets to shield himself. Cap doesn't have that luxury. Read the second saga involving the White Martians. They kicked everyone's ass.

I still think that Marvel Earth can take it though.

long pig
Those white martians are tough, just take a look at their speed feats!

Basically like a buncha de-powered Super-Man's with telepathy.

But, earth will know they are coming, SS has his cosmic awareness, Strange has his all seeing eye, big dogs can hear big noise.

1000 WM's vs The Defenders and Avengers AND FF4?

Please, they could do it like no tomorrow, Strange -can- protect anyone from telepathic attacks, and that's the WM's trump card.

The martians are more vulnerable to magic than Superman.
MU would kick some martian asses big grin

Magee
I would say an invasion would need more than 1000 WM. 10,000 and you can start calling it an invasion.

K Von Doom
Yes... a thousand is way too little for an invasion.

leonidas
all right. i'm done playing devil's advocate. strange may well be the difference in this fight, though i think some are overestimating him just a bit. there are only so many things he can do at the same time. that said, i did a miserable job of starting this thread. as draco said, the WMs had a lot of prep time before they took earth. i had intended that to be the case here as well. i also never really specified a number for the invasion and threw out a 1000 for no real reason. 5000 - 10000 would be a more likely figure.

i still say earth would be a bloodied mess before it was over (moving at near light speeds and hitting almost as hard as superman they could disable a LOT of heroes before things even got going!) also, the WMs presumably had come up with a way to counter dc's big magic users - constantine, zatanna, etc . . .) so it is possible with prep they could have arranged a way to beat strange as well.

suffice to say you've convinced me, some with better arguments than others. i wonder now though - does this mean marvel earth would defeat dc earth? who's earth based characters ARE more powerful . . .

hmm, sounds like a new thread . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.