RotS Obi vs OT Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rio891
Who would win Kenobi or Vader? I will leave it up to you guys for an answer.

Darth_Otaku
Obi,only because of the suit made Vader slow.And Obi is a Ninja.Now put those two together.

Darth L. Dipsit
Obi-Wan is, I think, will win - sorry for the lack of supportive reasons, but I agree with Otaku (nice name change, by the way).

Darth_Otaku
Thanks.

Lord_Windu
This is pretty straightforward. Vader fought a much weaker version of Obi-Wan in ANH. Obi-Wan let Vader kill him, so I didn't see any advantage for Vader whatsoever, and since we are talking about a much more powerful version of Obi-Wan who totally rocked the house in ROTS, I think we have an easy victory for General Kenobi, or should I say "Keninja" cool

Bobafetty
Obi-wan, even though I like vader much more

Fishy
Obi Wan but not as easy as some people make it seem. Vader had not fought anybody for twenty years, at least not anybody powerful thats going to suck for him and give Obi a huge edge, but Vader his control over the force and how calm he is greatly improved not to mention that he wouldn't be as stupid as he was in Rots anymore. He is going to give Obi a run for his money before he dies.

Bobafetty
Actually, I changed my mined. Vader wins

Lord_Windu
I agree that Vader will put up a fight, but my bet's on Obi-Wan for sure.

Darth Crazo
Vader because it would be a close match but he hunted down so many jedi and even when he was in the uniform

Lord_Windu
How powerful were the Jedi that he hunted down? Because Obi-Wan is arguably one the most powerful Jedi of his time.

Nai Fohl
Vader is toast.

RotS Obi-Wan is just too fast and too powerful for him. And yes...he might be calmer than RotS Anakin. But he has less force power (having your limbs cut off has an effect on that) also he might have more control over it, is out of training and is slower than RotS Anakin.

Darth Crazo
I agree lord windu that obi-wan is arguably one of the most powerful, but vader is one of the most powerful force users ever. I still have to give it to him.

Lord_Windu
Vader after the suit was much weaker than ROTS Anakin. This is a fact from George Lucas. I really don't think he is one of the most powerful force users.

Kun-ni Habeo
obi

Darth Crazo
He is the Chosen One! He is the most powerful force user ever. The prequels leave us no doubt of that. Lucas even said anakin was more powerful in the battle in episode iii, but obi-wan had more experience, was more calm and composed, and anakin was more rash and stupid. By episode IV he's much less young and idiotic.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Crazo
He is the Chosen One! He is the most powerful force user ever. The prequels leave us no doubt of that. Lucas even said anakin was more powerful in the battle in episode iii, but obi-wan had more experience, was more calm and composed, and anakin was more rash and stupid. By episode IV he's much less young and idiotic.

Vader is not as powerful as Anakin is because he got his legs cut of during that battle in RotS by Obi-Wan. That is one of Lucas statements. So he would be more experienced but compared to RotS:

- out of combat training
- less powerfull
- not as fast as in RotS since he has artificial legs

And Obi-Wan is still the better swordfighter of them. Vader gets killed here.

Kun-ni Habeo
yes

Darth Crazo
Ok, A. He is certainly not out of combat training. Against real, live jedi, sure. But he still trains.
Plus, we've all already seen the real answer to this question in episode IV. Age matters not. If you don't believe me, just look at:

Yoda
The Emperor
Count Dooku

For some very obvious examples, though there are many others. I have stated that it would be a close fight, but Vader would win. He may not be better with a saber, but he would use the force somehow.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Crazo
Ok, A. He is certainly not out of combat training. Against real, live jedi, sure. But he still trains.
Plus, we've all already seen the real answer to this question in episode IV. Age matters not. If you don't believe me, just look at:

Yoda
The Emperor
Count Dooku

For some very obvious examples, though there are many others. I have stated that it would be a close fight, but Vader would win. He may not be better with a saber, but he would use the force somehow.

What the hell you are talking about age ?

RotS Obi-Wan is 38 years old.
ANH Vader is 41 year old / 45 years in ROTJ.

And you haven't answered the points:
- that he has less force power than in RotS
- that he has two artificial legs that would make him slower
- Obi-Wan is still in advance in lightsaber combat

And Vader using the force ? To do what ? Force grip Obi-Wan ? LMAO.

Bobafetty
Vader because he may be slow but he packs a huge puch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.