mimic vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

derrick24
mimic has all the powers he possess on the exiles.

Colossus armor and strength
cyclops optic blast
beast agility and acrobatic prowess
wolverine healing factor
northstar speed

whirlysplat
Originally posted by derrick24
mimic has all the powers he possess on the exiles.

Colossus armor and strength
cyclops optic blast
beast agility and acrobatic prowess
wolverine healing factor
northstar speed

1) Colossus armour and strength are less strength and resistance than supes
2) Cyclops optic blasts are weaker than supes heat vision
3)beast agility greater than supes but his so much slower it doesn't matter
4)Wolverine healing factor and claws are a non factor as supes bio field protects him from the claws almost certainly.
5) Northstar is very slow compared to supes

So Mimic loses very much in the same way he did to Hyperion except Supes would just beat him not shatter his hand.

I doubt Mimic could touch supes, his speed is just to great.

smile

ZephroCarnelian
Whirlysplat.

You the man.

lol

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Whirlysplat.

You the man.

lol

big grin confused

ZephroCarnelian
Don't look so worried lol.

It's just that there's not enough people on this site sticking up for Big Blue.

You get people like this guy saying that Supes NEVER uses his speed... hmmm... like catching bullets and outrunning spaceships isn't using his speed. Or disarming the entire GL Corp in Red Son...

And people think that Collosus durability means something against Supes. He lifts quarter of a million tons of ship in one hand lol...

And this is POST crisis. big grin

Creshosk
People just don't understand the characters they're pitting againt each other.

ZephroCarnelian
Too true, Creshok.

Too true.

whirlysplat
Well in that case thanks Zeph smile

kgkg
Superman beats him
Colossus armor and strength ---- Superman is much much stonger than Colossus
cyclops optic blast ------ heat vision is better
beast agility and acrobatic prowess ------ won't help
wolverine healing factor ---------------- Can't heal if he is dead can he
northstar speed -------------------- Supes is faster , and he can fly.

And add ; hearing , vision etc

derrick24
i hate when people give superman additional speed; i read a bio on superman and it states that he can only go 3000 mps, thats as fast as a speeding bullet. SUPERMAN DO NOT COME CLOSE IN GOING THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Mimic has a very good chance with superman due to the speed advantage. If superman goes so fast why do people see him fly by. If superman goes so fast why in one book he was fighting a guy (forgot his name, hes a huge guy with 4 claws on each hand and cables coming out of his back) and the guy shot at a group of suvillians and superman wasnt fast enough to catch the bullets and they ended up dying. Superman is as fast as a speed bullet thats it. Mimic flies at 93000 mps he can tag superman all day if he like. Also mimic was stated to be the greatest hero in the world, he didnt get that name for nothing.

derrick24
I almost forgot, on the bio i read it also stated that it takes superman minutes to get to the moon, thats nowhere near the speed of light or half the speed of light.

Bishop X
It's still fast and have you ever heard the phrase, "faster than a SPEEDING bullet?

derrick24
yes he is still fast but he is nowhere as fast as mimic. I just hate the fact that people give superman extra speed when he barely making the speed of sound.

Bishop X
Nowhere near as fast as Mimic? The same Mimic who copies a mutant's power at HALF their potency? That Mimic!? Well he loses big time.

kgkg
i hate when people give superman additional speed; i read a bio on superman and it states that he can only go 3000 mps, thats as fast as a speeding bullet. SUPERMAN DO NOT COME CLOSE IN GOING THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Mimic has a very good chance with superman due to the speed advantage. If superman goes so fast why do people see him fly by. If superman goes so fast why in one book he was fighting a guy (forgot his name, hes a huge guy with 4 claws on each hand and cables coming out of his back) and the guy shot at a group of suvillians and superman wasnt fast enough to catch the bullets and they ended up dying. Superman is as fast as a speed bullet thats it. Mimic flies at 93000 mps he can tag superman all day if he like. Also mimic was stated to be the greatest hero in the world, he didnt get that name for nothing.

Superman is fast enough to finish mimic

Flash said that Superman was faster than him before he fully leaned to control the speed force.

As for him getting hit.

Gladiator, SS, other speeders has been hit many times

It will be boring see Gladiator knock everyone at 100X light speed , or superman , or anybody.

Superman wins

Creshosk
Originally posted by Bishop X
Nowhere near as fast as Mimic? The same Mimic who copies a mutant's power at HALF their potency? That Mimic!? Well he loses big time. Technically mimic would be faster if superman's speed is 3,000 m/s since 299,792,458m/s /2= 149,896,229 / 3,000 = 49 965.4097

even if superman's speed was 300,000 m/s mimic would basically be 500 x faster. . .

149,896,229 / 300,000 = 499.654097

But of course this wouldn't do him any good if his strength is only half of collosus's strength.

As Colossus he can lift (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions. half of that is going to be 35 tons against superman's. . . well he's a class 100 with a lift strength of what? 250,000 tons?

It doesn't matter how fast you go if you still can't do anything.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by whirlysplat

4)Wolverine healing factor and claws are a non factor as supes bio field protects him from the claws almost certainly.
5) Northstar is very slow compared to supes

Both can be argued, but I completely agree. Supes has tangled with much more powerful foes and won.

derrick24
mimic strength is in the 50 ton range because when he fought namor it was stated that he is half the strength of thor, hulk and namor.

Creshosk
mimic strength is in the 50 ton range because when he fought namor it was stated that he is half the strength of thor, hulk and namor. Superman's strength is about 250,000 tons. . . That's 5000 times mimics strength.

derrick24
i also think superman would beat mimic when i gave his strength i was correcting someone but i still think that it would be a good fight.

whirlysplat
i also think superman would beat mimic when i gave his strength i was correcting someone but i still think that it would be a good fight.

roll eyes (sarcastic) of course you were derrick, roll eyes (sarcastic) of course you were laughing

kgkg
yes he is still fast but he is nowhere as fast as mimic. I just hate the fact that people give superman extra speed when he barely making the speed of sound.
100 tons vs 250 000+ tons hmmmmmmmmmmm

Supes wins

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
100 tons vs 250 000+ tons hmmmmmmmmmmm

Supes wins

I suspect Supes is also fasterbig grin

Draco69
Northstar or Mimic are NOWHERE near Supes' speed. The guy can go at 90% of the speed of light. Whoever got the number "3000" mph are joshing themselves. That's TOTALLY inaccurate.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Draco69
Northstar or Mimic are NOWHERE near Supes' speed. The guy can go at 90% of the speed of light. Whoever got the number "3000" mph are joshing themselves. That's TOTALLY inaccurate.

most of what Derrick quotes is inaccurate big grin and yes supes is much faster in space he can even go to warp. big grin

ZephroCarnelian
I've heard he can go to close to the speed of light.

The only time I've ever seen him go warp though was when he entered a wormhole.

I could be wrong though.

DrDoom
Superman can hit near lightspeed in space. Plus, he's as fast as Northstar (probably even faster)...wait a sec why am I even explaining?

Supes could take on Colossus,Northstar,Beast, Wolverine, and Cyclops by himself--and win 9/10.

Mimic has HALF of these guy's power. What do you think is going to happen?

whirlysplat
Supes travels between star sytems post crisis in a number of stories, he hits warp smileOriginally posted by ZephroCarnelian
I've heard he can go to close to the speed of light.

The only time I've ever seen him go warp though was when he entered a wormhole.

I could be wrong though.

Swanky-Tuna
Somebody help me out. CAN Northstar get near lightspeed?

whirlysplat
An even bigger mismatch for Mimic would be to put him against the character he is based on Ord Quell (Duplicate boy) a pre crisis character from legion of superheroes who could duplicate all their powers at full strength with out their weaknesses. e.g. all Mon els powers no lead weakness.

Keep the faithbig grin

Keep it Whirly angel

Draco69
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Somebody help me out. CAN Northstar get near lightspeed?

He CAN but he's never done it. His max nowadays is Mach 3.

Mainstream
just like the razor blade...cool

Fanboy
Superman would win because none of the crap matters Strength of Colossus Thing beat Colossus up Cyclops laser eyes don't mean crap Wolverines Healing Factor can not Heal Mimic if his head is gone Beast agility? Is he gonna jump higher then Superman while Superman can fly where ever the f--- he want around him and Northstar speed? Well lets say Mimic runs at Superman as fast as he can and try to him Superman would just put up his fist hitting him directly in the head and pop goes Mimivs head.

ZephroCarnelian
Well put my young padawan.

I agree entirely.

h1a8
I almost forgot, on the bio i read it also stated that it takes superman minutes to get to the moon, thats nowhere near the speed of light or half the speed of light.

superman is a lot faster than mimic.
D.C. officially says that superman can reached 99% of the speed of light with great effort. It takes time for him to accelerate to that speed though. It takes time to accelerate to any speed. But all that counts is your final speed. Thus superman is faster. Superman powers have been very inconsistent over time. Beware of some sites you go to. Because they are not official and garbage. Superman is much faster than 3000mph. Please! I've seen a site that said superman can lift a max of 85tons. These sites are ridiculous. They are written by stupid people.
Superman has shown in actually comics to be much faster than mimic has ever been shown to be.
You also used faulty reasoning by saying if superman is so fast why can people see him.
If he can go to the moon in a matter of minutes (faster than a bullet) then common sense should say "he must not been moving at his top speed when the people saw him".

Mider
supes is faster he has been said in red son to be faster or as fast as the speed of thought a few million miles in a few seconds.

coosie
Can't Mimic copy Supes powers?

Draco69
Mimic can only copy mutants.

jasofisc
mimic copied phonix's powers that's not mutant powers. anyways mimic has no chance of beating supes, maybe if he was fighting DOS supes he might put up a good fight but would still get beat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.