Kyle Katarn vs. Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Windu
I'm getting bored here, so I'm just gonna start random VS threads, anyways, who wins?

Gryn Jabar
Dude if your bored please don't spam. Anyway, this isn't a bad one. My money is on Katarn though, Jinn was an old fart.

Bobafetty
lol. Thats true

Lord_Windu
aw right, my bad.

Lord_Windu
Age doesn't affect someone's fighting abilites. Dooku, Yoda, and Palpatine were all well into their ages and they were all extremely powerful.

Bobafetty
Good point

Gryn Jabar
That being said, look at Jinn. He meditated to catch his breath. Maul was pumped as hell and DESTROYED HIM, it took Obi Wan to exploit his arrogance and use the DS to kill him.

Bobafetty
Again, good point. You both bring up good depates.

SnakeEyes
Katarn is a lot more powerful than Jinn and would definitely waste him.

Lord Neix
Katarn is a begginer jinn was a master

Emperor Revan
Katarn is a master, you really need to look up some EU stuff before posting and sounding like a newb. Anywho, Katarn was really deadly before he used the Force, now that he's been through the valley of the Jedi he is very powerful indeed. Not to mention he uses both the dark side and the light side. Qui-Gon loses.

Lord_Windu
Well, I guess I should have made it like ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Kyle Katarn instead.

Darth Plagues
It depends on the Kyle Katarn your mentioning...they're four different ones. StormTrooper, Rebel Agent, self trained Jedi, and the one train by Luke Skywalker at the Academy. But Qui-Gon Ginn is pretty powerful.

Lord_Windu
I was referring to Kyle Katarn in Jedi Outcast. After thinking about it, I guess I should have really put more thought into the thread. Because all evidence shows that Kyle should smoke Qui-Gon.

Nai Fohl
Kyle = SW Game player character = far overpowered = wins

Darth Crazo
I still think spider-man will emerg victorius

Lord_Windu
What's with you and talking about comic book characters in a Star Wars subforum?

Lord Neix
Jinn would win

Darth Crazo
I believe Lord Neix. Yoda liked him-if you read the ROTS novel

SnakeEyes
Oh yeah, how could I forget! I didn't remember that rule: If Yoda likes you, then you are all-powerful and can beat any opponent. *Obviously sarcastic*

SnakeEyes
Bump... Anyone still think Jinn could win?

Emperor Revan
Put Kyle up against Maul or something...

Lord_Windu
yeah that would be cool

Bobafetty
Qui gon would just loose his breath and cripple like an old coot when fighting in this one.

Sodo
Well, this one is kinda lopsided. I see it this way:

Lightsaber skills:
No doubt about it, Katarn takes this one over the wily Jedi.

Strength:
Katarn. He's far younger and will probably take Jinn on this one.

Speed:
Jinn did show some quickness for his age, so I'll keep this one tied.

Force Mastery:
This one's a toughie. Both showed affinity for the Force, and both combatants showed similar uses of it. This one is tied.

Overall:
I think Katarn is a little too overpowered. I'd say Katarn was on Maul's level, so that would be a much better fight.

Darth Plagues
Kyle did defeat seven Dark Jedi, during his self training mode.

Bobafetty
Did he? Cool

ImmortalOne
Big deal, Luke beated an almighty Sith Lord.... during almost zero training !!

Fishy
This isn't about Luke...

anyways i'm giving this to Katarn for reasons posted above, just want to add one thing. He was more powerful in the force then QGJ he knew more techniques and could use them better

Darth_DaNThEMaN
I think Qui Gon could win.

but he probably wouldnt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.